PDA

View Full Version : An online focus group: coming up with a new name for gochiefs/username.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 02:56 PM
As some of you may have noticed, the poster formerly known as gochiefs (aka meetpeeker, username, and several other monikers) has received his former name of gochiefs back.

As a market researcher, I'm a bit concerned about this. I'm thinking that the old name may not perfectly match his new persona and position on the board, and that he may therefore be leaving some money on the table. I have volunteered my market research time to help him come up with the perfect name.

As Step One of this process, I would like to conduct an online focus group. Since I'm too lazy to go to the chat room, we'll just do it here. I'd like to ask each of you to do the following.

1. Introduce yourself, with your age, the type of car you drive, and whether you've ever awakened and not known where you were for more than seven minutes. Also, how many humans and how many pets have you personally been involved in naming? Given the topic of the research, please specify whether any of those children or pets have been small rodents.

2. Please answer the following questions as they relate to gochiefs/username.

A. If gochiefs/username was an animal, what kind of animal would he be?

B. If gochiefs/username was a musical band or performer, who would he be?

C. What three words first come to mind when you think of gochiefs/username?

D. You find yourself on a desert island with gochiefs. The only other things on the island are sand, palm trees, fist-sized rocks, 300 2-liter bottles of Pepsi, and John Fogarty of Creedence Clearwater Revival. Describe the situation one year later.

E. Describe what you think is gochiefs/username's favorite character or scene in Star Wars, and explain why you believe that to be his favorite.

Thank you for your input in this phase of the project.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Do I have to answer?

2bikemike
12-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Seems to me that your research attempt was too slow. He is now known as GoatCheese.

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Do I have to answer?

No. You're the client. Our job is to listen carefully to the input.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2004, 03:04 PM
No. You're the client. Our job is to listen carefully to the input.

OK. Did you see the thread links I threw your way?

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 03:05 PM
The what?

Hammock Parties
12-25-2004, 03:06 PM
The what?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2178535&postcount=112

4th and Long
12-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Use something appropriate like, StarWarsGeek or better yet, I'm A Virgin.

:D

Bowser
12-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Glad to help!

1) My name is Bowser, I drive a Ford Explorer (hush it, Russ!), have never gone for seven minutes not knowing where I was after waking (good thing you didn't say four minutes!), and I have been involved in my lifetime in the naming of approximately 11 animals/children.

2a) If GoChiefs were an animal, he would be that dumb, hyper dog who is forever chasing his own tail.

2b) If GoChiefs were a musical band, he would be GWAR. Not so good to look at, pretty angry, and alot of unintelligible RAHR RAHR RAHR.

2c) Three words that come to mind when I think of GoChiefs? Easy. SCI FI GEEK.

2d) The situation after a year? Ugly. Very, very ugly.

2e) GoChiefs favorite character, without doubt, is Darth Vader circa The Empire Strikes Back. He wishes to be that cold, lethal killer of a leader who everybody fears and respects ( ROFL ).

When can I expect my free one year subscription to Popular Mechanics, Mr. Man?

KCWolfman
12-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Glad to help!

1) My name is Bowser, I drive a Ford Explorer (hush it, Russ!), have never gone for seven minutes not knowing where I was after waking (good thing you didn't say four minutes!), and I have been involved in my lifetime in the naming of approximately 11 animals/children.

2a) If GoChiefs were an animal, he would be that dumb, hyper dog who is forever chasing his own tail.

2b) If GoChiefs were a musical band, he would be GWAR. Not so good to look at, pretty angry, and alot of unintelligible RAHR RAHR RAHR.

2e) GoChiefs favorite character, without doubt, is Darth Vader circa The Empire Strikes Back. He wishes to be that cold, lethal killer of a leader who everybody fears and respects ( ROFL ).

Excellent.

One of your best of all time.

I like the GWAR idea myself, but I am not adverse to Mandatory Seminal Vesicle Poster Child

grandllama
12-25-2004, 03:58 PM
E. Describe what you think is gochiefs/username's favorite character or scene in Star Wars, and explain why you believe that to be his favorite.

Don't have time to do the rest, its game time, but its pretty obvious what his favorite scene from Star Wars is...

Rain Man
12-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Glad to help!

Excellent input. Excellent. Others? We need more opinions.

Bowser
12-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Excellent.

One of your best of all time.

I like the GWAR idea myself, but I am not adverse to Mandatory Seminal Vesicle Poster Child

Why, thanks!

I admit, I have lived a very sheltered life. Who is Mandatory Seminal Vesicle Poster Child?

KCWolfman
12-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Why, thanks!

I admit, I have lived a very sheltered life. Who is Mandatory Seminal Vesicle Poster Child?
goatcheese - A reason for most couples to use prophylatic control.

Bowser
12-25-2004, 04:02 PM
goatcheese - A reason for most couples to use prophylatic control.

Got it. I was outthinking myself, and thought it was a new thrash metal band that Lzen had turned you on to.

:D

chiefs4me
12-25-2004, 04:13 PM
As some of you may have noticed, the poster formerly known as gochiefs (aka meetpeeker, username, and several other monikers) has received his former name of gochiefs back.

As a market researcher, I'm a bit concerned about this. I'm thinking that the old name may not perfectly match his new persona and position on the board, and that he may therefore be leaving some money on the table. I have volunteered my market research time to help him come up with the perfect name.

As Step One of this process, I would like to conduct an online focus group. Since I'm too lazy to go to the chat room, we'll just do it here. I'd like to ask each of you to do the following.

1. Introduce yourself, with your age, the type of car you drive, and whether you've ever awakened and not known where you were for more than seven minutes. Also, how many humans and how many pets have you personally been involved in naming? Given the topic of the research, please specify whether any of those children or pets have been small rodents.

2. Please answer the following questions as they relate to gochiefs/username.

A. If gochiefs/username was an animal, what kind of animal would he be?

B. If gochiefs/username was a musical band or performer, who would he be?

C. What three words first come to mind when you think of gochiefs/username?

D. You find yourself on a desert island with gochiefs. The only other things on the island are sand, palm trees, fist-sized rocks, 300 2-liter bottles of Pepsi, and John Fogarty of Creedence Clearwater Revival. Describe the situation one year later.

Which chat room are you talking about?

Hammock Parties
12-25-2004, 07:43 PM
This thread should be stickied. ROFL