PDA

View Full Version : Today's O and D grades

FringeNC
12-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Offense B+

No big plays, but still put 32 first downs, 31 points, and 433 yards. Trent Green played a great game (passed for 26 first downs!). INT wasn't his fault. Fumble wasn't pretty. LJ played okay, but nothing great. Gonzo showed why he's a HOF TE. Parker looked like a vet...

We're missing a starting WR, playing our 3rd string RT, our 3rd string RB...and don't miss a beat...

Defense C+ or B-

Gave up an acceptable number of yards and points (not counting the TD from the INT, which, by the way, a PI call should have been made). Solid tackling. Blown secondary assignments, but seems that most teams have a few of those. All and all, it's hard to complain when the D gives up only 300 yards. We made them punt enough times to win.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
12-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Damn, bro, I'd give the D a "D" because they'll never win 10+ games next year with that defense. Based on their limited talents, they played well, but compared to, say a Ravens defense, they sucked the big one again.

FringeNC
12-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Damn, bro, I'd give the D a "D" because they'll never win 10+ games next year with that defense. Based on their limited talents, they played well, but compared to, say a Ravens defense, they sucked the big one again.

Our D: 16 first downs and 300 yards and 5 punts against an offense that has been very hot...I say that's not bad. Had that been our average for the season, we'd be winning the division instead of hoping for a miracle to make the playoffs.

Coach
12-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Gotta give the D some credit though for just giving up a FG instead of a TD. Most of us would tend to agree that the _efense normally would had given up a TD in situations like these, like blown tackles and all that, but they did what they had to do to give the O an another chance. Of course, none of that would had happened if we could had some f*cking pass-blocking.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
12-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Jared Allen played well. Sapp ****ed him outta one sack. I think Sapp played like crap until the end. McCleon played like shit and was toasted all day. Fuji and Mitchell played well enough to hang around next year. Beisel's looking alright as well, but all of them should be looking over their shoulders next year. Sims had a huge game - 1 tackle <sarcasm>. Warfield looked lost and was playing too far off the ball.

Overall, the D played well for what theyre capable of doing. Compared to a Top 5 defense, they played like shit. There's plenty of room for improvement, but they can only play as good as their talent allows them.

I give them a D, but a B+ for the heart they showed.

Coach
12-25-2004, 08:35 PM
McCleon played like shit and was toasted all day.

I have a problem with this clown. All he does is trash talk most of the time while getting his ass burnted repeately. Whenever something happens such as a underthrown pass or overthrown on his side, he acts like he's Deion Sanders and made a nice coverage and does this picking his jersey thing and the incompletion signal, even though the WR has his ass beat by 5 yards. It's annoying.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
12-25-2004, 08:37 PM
I have a problem with this clown. All he does is trash talk most of the time while getting his ass burnted repeately. Whenever something happens such as a underthrown pass or overthrown on his side, he acts like he's Deion Sanders and made a nice coverage and does this picking his jersey thing and the incompletion signal, even though the WR has his ass beat by 5 yards. It's annoying.

McCleon's gotta go!!!

Gaz
12-26-2004, 07:31 AM
DEFENSE:
The Chiefs Defense played well. They forced several punts and held the Raiders to a FG when the game was on the line [after the Offense botched their attempt to run out the clock]. They still give up too many long plays. They get a solid C+ for the effort.

OFFENSE:
Where were our OLinemen? Send 3 of them to the Pro Bowl and they play like crap. No holes for Johnson, crappy protection for Green. Could not even get less than a yard on 4th down. Green made a lot of plays on his own. Unfortunately, he threw the INT to start the game and his fumble would have ended the game had the D and ST not bailed his butt out. Gonzalez was terrific and both Parker and Horn made some sweet catches. The bad news is that once again the Offense could not manage to run out the clock to seal a victory. The O gets a C. Way too inconsistent.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
The blocked FG was not Tynes’ fault. The OLine caved. The 50-yarder was close, but no cigar. Kick coverage team still gives up too many yards. The last kickoff return won the game for us. Give them a solid B.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pretty happy with the D & ST.