PDA

View Full Version : Bright Future for KC Players

KCJohnny
12-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Chris Horn: All he does is run faster than the DBs, crisper routes than Johnny Morton, and has the best hands of any white guy since Ricky Prohel.

Jared Allen: This guy is a monster. I wish we could get a MLB with his motor. Keeper!

Sammie Parker: Our 30ish WRs can go ahead and retire. With Boerigter back next year, Parker, Horn and Bo will scare the $%$^&$#@ out of opposing secondaries.

This solves a few problems with an aging O and an impotent D. Helps concentrate the personnel people on landing shutdown CB and a MLB with real talent.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ :clap:

Coach
12-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I would think that Boerighter will be needing another year to regain his form, since he hasn't been able to do much training since of his knee injury, and also it depends on how his confidence in his knee.

Phobia
12-25-2004, 08:35 PM
I would think that Boerighter will be needing another year to regain his form, since he hasn't been able to do much training since of his knee injury, and also it depends on how his confidence in his knee.

Yeah, kcnut made a similar diagnosis - I think....

WilliamTheIrish
12-25-2004, 08:35 PM
I wish santa would drop a MLB down the chimney at 1 Arrowhead Dr.

Don't care if he's a 6th rounder that all the experts 'missed' on, or a trade up, to get a college stud, or a FA.

Just get one. Please.

KCJohnny
12-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the update, coach. Still, with Kennison peaking, Parker and Horm coming on REAL strong, Dante Hall still a threat, and Tony Gonzales being all-world as a 1K TE, the passing game is in great shape, even without Bo. I'm just partial to Boerigter because he has saved me so many times on Madden 2004/2005.
:D

Phobia
12-25-2004, 08:37 PM

Don't care if he's a 6th rounder that all the experts 'missed' on, or a trade up, to get a college stud, or a FA.

Just get one. Please.

Are you ever begging for a Scanton hijack...

whoman69
12-25-2004, 09:18 PM
I think its time that DV takes the diapers off these young guys. Smith looked great in pre-season, and may improve enough next year to make the squad. Kennison and Morton have looked better than they ever have here but that's not really a strong statement. We will only improve our receiving corps if the best athletes are allowed to grow. Morton and Kennison are no longer in that category. Kennison still shows a harsh ability to drop passes and has been known to fumble this year. Morton still finds trouble getting open when he is needed. Only if Horn, Smith, and Parker are allowed to get better will our receiving corps get better. Otherwise, the drops at inopportune times or the lack of ability to get open are going to haunt this team when it cannot afford to do so.

WilliamTheIrish
12-25-2004, 09:25 PM
I think its time that DV takes the diapers off these young guys. Smith looked great in pre-season, and may improve enough next year to make the squad. Kennison and Morton have looked better than they ever have here but that's not really a strong statement. We will only improve our receiving corps if the best athletes are allowed to grow. Morton and Kennison are no longer in that category. Kennison still shows a harsh ability to drop passes and has been known to fumble this year. Morton still finds trouble getting open when he is needed. Only if Horn, Smith, and Parker are allowed to get better will our receiving corps get better. Otherwise, the drops at inopportune times or the lack of ability to get open are going to haunt this team when it cannot afford to do so.

Just when I thought I was all alone in the universe......

We got a monumental break on that call. Kennison gave that ball up just sure as shiot. That was a potential back breaker.

I've had it with fundamentally lazy WR's. EK and Morton both fall into that category. People seemed to be swayed by the #'s Kennison has put up. That's all great of course, but those #'s are occuring after the season has been decided.

LiL stumppy
12-25-2004, 09:35 PM

Just get one. Please.

Wed ont need a MLB

Skip Towne
12-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Wed ont need a MLB
Wed ont?

WilliamTheIrish
12-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Wed ont?

Now, ed ont ig uess.

teedubya
12-25-2004, 10:09 PM
i think Parker is gonna be a flash in the pan... I feel the injury bug, ie... Morris, Minnis...

Demonpenz
12-25-2004, 10:11 PM
antonio gates and trey wingo can suck it

Phobia
12-25-2004, 10:13 PM
i think Parker is gonna be a flash in the pan... I feel the injury bug, ie... Morris, Minnis...

You can predict such things? Wait until Dick Vermeil finds out about your special skill....

Hydrae
12-25-2004, 10:48 PM

We got a monumental break on that call. Kennison gave that ball up just sure as shiot. That was a potential back breaker.

I've had it with fundamentally lazy WR's. EK and Morton both fall into that category. People seemed to be swayed by the #'s Kennison has put up. That's all great of course, but those #'s are occuring after the season has been decided.

He may have lost that ball but I defy anyone to keep a hold on the ball after it has been hit with w helmet shot.

Now I agree, EK has shown his weaknesses as well as his strengths this year. But you have to be fair about the fumble that was not a fumble today.

penchief
12-25-2004, 11:02 PM

I respectfully disagree. This guy makes plays that make you take notice. Since he's been playing, IMO, he's shown speed and quickness, nice hands, good concentration, and good footwork along the sidelines. He looks smooth to me. And he doesn't look like he's a wuss, either.

He just looks like a guy that can make plays. Plus, IMO, he looks like he has a winner's attitude. He looks like a natural. I like him.

Mr. Kotter
12-25-2004, 11:06 PM
I respectfully disagree. This guy makes plays that make you take notice. Since he's been playing, IMO, he's shown speed and quickness, nice hands, good concentration, and good footwork along the sidelines. He looks smooth to me. And he doesn't look like he's a wuss, either.

He just looks like a guy that can make plays. Plus, IMO, he looks like he has a winner's attitude. He looks like a natural. I like him.

It must still be Christmas, because I'm gonna have to agree with penchief for once.... :p

Phobia
12-25-2004, 11:13 PM
He may have lost that ball but I defy anyone to keep a hold on the ball after it has been hit with w helmet shot.

Now I agree, EK has shown his weaknesses as well as his strengths this year. But you have to be fair about the fumble that was not a fumble today.

WHAT?!?!?!

Are you on crack? EK put that ball on the ground LONG before he was down. How could you not see that?

penchief
12-25-2004, 11:26 PM
It must still be Christmas, because I'm gonna have to agree with penchief for once.... :p

That is so cool. ;)

Toad
12-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Wed ont?

Hilarious. Rep your way.

wolfpack0735
12-26-2004, 09:57 AM
i think Horn is pretty good, worth keeping. but DV will want a true #1WR so he`ll look to the market. if he gets one will he or queen carl have the guts to cut morton? if they dont will they still keep him,remember Bo willbe coming back, or will the numbers game come into play? :hmmm:

NaptownChief
12-26-2004, 10:14 AM
WHAT?!?!?!

Are you on crack? EK put that ball on the ground LONG before he was down. How could you not see that?

He must be...Good lord, I had time to eat a sandwich between the time he fumbled the ball and hit the ground.

This is why I don't like instant replay. The officials fuq up call all the time which I can accept but when they fuq them up all the time on replay I can't take that. Hydre just proved that for whatever reason a bunch of people struggle to see the correct call even with the benefit of television replay.

NaptownChief
12-26-2004, 10:16 AM

Morris and Minnis had a lot more going against them than just the injury bug...They both lacked NFL talent.

yoswif
12-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Parker looks like a great natural pass catcher. He makes Green look good about every time Green throws to him. Definitely a keeper.

Chris Meck
12-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Morris didn't lack talent at all; 48 catches in his rookie season showed promise.

That's more catches as a rookie than Terrell Owens had, for instance.

Chris

KCJohnny
12-26-2004, 12:09 PM
I agree with Penchief. Parker has footwork that would make Jerry Rice envious. he has hands, speed, power, twitch, he fights for the ball like Michael Irvin - I can't say enough good things about him. And his buddy on the other side of the formation - Horn - he has speed, gets separation, impeccable hands, and takes hard hits over the middle. We all know Boerigter is a weapon. Anybody have a clue as to Bo's rehab progress?
C-Meck is correct. Sly Mo was very talented. Wonder where he is?

Bwana
12-26-2004, 12:11 PM
I am just glad Horn has had the chance to show what he can do and he does look great.

stevieray
12-26-2004, 12:18 PM

That call on the Gabriel fumble evens out the Kennison call, IMO.

Kennison's numbers have more to do with changes he has made in his personal life, more than the season being over. At least that is what Dante has stated.

I seem to remember alot of people here saying that Holmes was and is the offense. this simply isn't true. Ik for Gonzo, 1k for Kennison. six three hundred games for Green. 3 different backs rush for a buckfifty in one season. (NFL Record)

Parker is gonna be huge next year. Bo, Horn.... We've won four straight playing rookies, and many rookies have comtributed to these wins..

Mr. Kotter
12-26-2004, 12:50 PM
That call on the Gabriel fumble evens out the Kennison call, IMO.

Kennison's numbers have more to do with changes he has made in his personal life, more than the season being over. At least that is what Dante has stated.

I seem to remember alot of people here saying that Holmes was and is the offense. this simply isn't true. Ik for Gonzo, 1k for Kennison. six three hundred games for Green. 3 different backs rush for a buckfifty in one season. (NFL Record)

Parker is gonna be huge next year. Bo, Horn.... We've won four straight playing rookies, and many rookies have comtributed to these wins..

I LOVE the optimism Stevie; I still hope they do some serious shoppin' for "D" in the off-season.

whoman69
12-26-2004, 03:29 PM
i think Horn is pretty good, worth keeping. but DV will want a true #1WR so he`ll look to the market. if he gets one will he or queen carl have the guts to cut morton? if they dont will they still keep him,remember Bo willbe coming back, or will the numbers game come into play? :hmmm:
#1 receiver or no, this team is going to need to place a top priority on the D this year. They drafted 2 WR and a hback last year, and drafted a RB and two Olineman the year before. The top rounds and top FAs need to go on defense. That doesn't mean we can totally ignore the offense, but the priorities mean we can't go after luxeries.

royr17
12-26-2004, 03:55 PM
The future is very bright.

We have Jared Allen who is becoming a stud, Samie Parker looks like he could be a stud, Richard Smith looked good in preseason looks as if he will replace Eddie Kennison and could be a stud, Kris Wilson is probably the man that replaces T-Rich, Kevin Sampson is possibly our next RT cause when roaf retires Black will move over to Left Offensive Tackle, Junior Siavii could be something special, Keyaron Fox has talent we havent seen yet that we should see next year, my man Rich has talent that hasnt been utilized right by the coaches, we have a ton of young players on this team that have a ton of talent.

Oh yes the future is very bright for the chiefs indeed, very bright.

mississippichiefan
12-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Well said Johnny , you are right on the money with all of this ! Hows everything going for you ? Looking forward to 2005 and a Super Bowl victory ! Go Chiefs !!!!!!!!

philfree
12-26-2004, 06:17 PM

Unless you're watching practices how would you know that Kennison is lazy. IMO the fact that he's making plays when we are out of the playoffs says he not lazy. I also think that if he was lazy he wouldn't be in good enough condition to do what he's been doing on the field. DV likes players who practice with intensity and I would bet that Eddie puts out for DV in practice.

PhilFree :arrow:

WilliamTheIrish
12-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Unless you're watching practices how would you know that Kennison is lazy. IMO the fact that he's making plays when we are out of the playoffs says he not lazy. I also think that if he was lazy he wouldn't be in good enough condition to do what he's been doing on the field. DV likes players who practice with intensity and I would bet that Eddie puts out for DV in practice.

Players, especially veteran players, that get stripped from behind, not once, not twice, but at least 3 friggin times on the way to the EZ are fundamentally lazy players.

One would think that after last season, when Kennison was stripped in Minnesota, he would have that this light would go on in his head *

(*Secure the ****ing ball.*) EVERY time he grabs one. But he doesn't. Same for Morton. Add in their propensity for dropping the passes thrown their way and it compounds the problem.

philfree
12-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Players, especially veteran players, that get stripped from behind, not once, not twice, but at least 3 friggin times on the way to the EZ are fundamentally lazy players.

One would think that after last season, when Kennison was stripped in Minnesota, he would have that this light would go on in his head *

(*Secure the ****ing ball.*) EVERY time he grabs one. But he doesn't. Same for Morton. Add in their propensity for dropping the passes thrown their way and it compounds the problem.

I don't remember 3 strips this year. And Kennison hasn't had that many drops this year. I will agree that he could be more carefull with the ball at times but I also know that he's caught some game winners this year and last. He's been pretty clutch IMO. And there is flawed logic with your 1st paragraph. Kennison got stripped of the ball and that equates to lazy? :spock:

WilliamTheIrish
12-26-2004, 07:02 PM
I don't remember 3 strips this year. And Kennison hasn't had that many drops this year. I will agree that he could be more carefull with the ball at times but I also know that he's caught some game winners this year and last. He's been pretty clutch IMO. And there is flawed logic with your 1st paragraph. Kennison got stripped of the ball and that equates to lazy? :spock:

1) Two this season. One last season.

2) Kennison got stripped last year. A solid,fundamentally sound player would never, ever let it happen again. There is no flawed logic.

Let me put it this way phil: If Kennison were a baseball player and he was on 1st base and there was also a runner at 3rd.

The pitcher, (Dan Quizenberry) goes into his motion and then fakes the pickoff to 3rd, wheels around and nails Kennison at first who has wandered off the bag.

It's a little league play that works maybe once in a season in the big leagues. Imagine Kennison being caught off guard by that play. Twice. In one season. Then a 3rd time on Opening day of the next season.

THAT is a fundamentally lazy player.

That's Kennison.

philfree
12-26-2004, 08:46 PM
1) Two this season. One last season.

2) Kennison got stripped last year. A solid,fundamentally sound player would never, ever let it happen again. There is no flawed logic.

Let me put it this way phil: If Kennison were a baseball player and he was on 1st base and there was also a runner at 3rd.

The pitcher, (Dan Quizenberry) goes into his motion and then fakes the pickoff to 3rd, wheels around and nails Kennison at first who has wandered off the bag.

It's a little league play that works maybe once in a season in the big leagues. Imagine Kennison being caught off guard by that play. Twice. In one season. Then a 3rd time on Opening day of the next season.

THAT is a fundamentally lazy player.

That's Kennison.

I hate baseball and I don't think your comparison is relevant. With your definition of lazy I guess Holmes is lazy too. He fumbled the ball in last years playoff game and then he put the ball on the ground 3 times early this season. Apparently he didn't do enough work to correct his fumbles.

WilliamTheIrish
12-26-2004, 09:52 PM
I hate baseball and I don't think your comparison is relevant....

I'm not surprised that you wouldn't think it relevant. We disagree.

But indulge me for a moment. What do you call a player, a 10 year NFL vet, who surrenders the ball in the manner Kennison does? Once, it's an anomaly. Twice, it's ridiculous. Especially when it changes the game (as the one in Tampa Bay most definitely did)

Kennison may have a great work ethic. You are correct. I'm not at practice. But I do know he sucks at protecting the ball after he catches it. That's fundamentals.

With your definition of lazy I guess Holmes is lazy too. He fumbled the ball in last years playoff game and then he put the ball on the ground 3 times early this season. Apparently he didn't do enough work to correct his fumbles.

Holmes has touched the ball almost 2000 times in his career . He's fumbled 15times. Lost 10.

Kennison, OTOH, has handled the ball approximately 440 times with 21 fumbles in his career.

1 every 200 vs one evey 20.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm not surprised that you wouldn't think it relevant. We disagree.

But indulge me for a moment. What do you call a player, a 10 year NFL vet, who surrenders the ball in the manner Kennison does? Once, it's an anomaly. Twice, it's ridiculous. Especially when it changes the game (as the one in Tampa Bay most definitely did)

Kennison may have a great work ethic. You are correct. I'm not at practice. But I do know he sucks at protecting the ball after he catches it. That's fundamentals.

Holmes has touched the ball almost 2000 times in his career . He's fumbled 15times. Lost 10.

Kennison, OTOH, has handled the ball approximately 440 times with 21 fumbles in his career.

1 every 200 vs one evey 20.

Interesting analogy.....Kennison has gotten better over the years but still has his faults. It does appear that Vermeil has turned his career around for the better though. He always had and probably always will have bad hands. Its what drove the Rams and their fans nuts about the guy and finally got him ran out of St Louie. Hes decent, but still NOT a #1 guy.

Chris Meck
12-27-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't think anyone would argue that Kennison is a top flight #1 WR.

He's not. He has occasional lapses in concentration, he sometimes starts to run before he catches the ball, and sometimes he gets caught not protecting the ball afterwards.

The fumble the other day was none of the above; I don't think anybody would've held on to that, not with a helmet hitting at full force directly on the ball. Good (and a little lucky) play on the defender's part.

Kennison IS a good WR, however; his physical gifts of good size and blazing speed make him a weapon. You MUST keep a safety deep on Eddie, because he's STILL one of the fastest players on the field. I disagree that he's lazy; a little ADD perhaps, but not lazy.

Kennison can stay, as long as he is able to stretch the field, which he does. That said, I'm very intrigued by the showing of Parker; although I'll guffaw a bit at the poster who claimed he showed 'power'. He's a small, wiry, quick-twitch type with good hands. Looks like he possesses excellent body control. He's much more Marvin Harrison-esque than he is, say, Michael Irvin-ish. That's fine in this offense.

Horn is a poor man's Proehl. I say that not just because they're both white guys, but because both are just Mr. Dependable types that just flat get the job done, no matter how much you'd like to bump them on down the depth chart because their 'measurables' aren't what you'd like them to be. Horn runs great routes and has great hands.

The addition of these two, plus a hopefully healthy season from Wilson, the continuing dominance of Gonzales, and the return of Boerigter (if he's 100%) means the passing game is in good hands. Morton should be gone, he's no longer neccessary. Horn fills the 'possession receiver' spot nicely.

This offseason should be ALL about the defense. We've managed to re-stock some key offensive slots without really even making it a priority. Let's go get some defensive help.

Oh, by the way, Morris never really recovered from the knee injury, and I think is now out of football. Too bad, really, I thought he showed a LOT of promise.

Chris

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2004, 12:58 PM
I think KC should approach free-agency assuming that no draft picks will contribute in any way in '05.

KC needs a MLB, CB (in place of Bartee/McCleon), FS (bye, Woods) and DE (see ya Hicks). As many of those players as possible should be found in free agency.

The draft should then be approached with those same defensive needs in mind. Try to find another MLB, CB, FS, and DE, as if no free agents were signed.

You'd think this would be a no-brainer, with only one side of the ball needing any real attention.

blsilks
12-27-2004, 01:06 PM
So with everybody screaming MLB and CB, I guess its safe to assume that Maz, Warfield and McCleon all suck everybody is finally joining reality.

ChiefsCountry
12-27-2004, 01:07 PM
First of all Samie Parker will always be a 3rd WR type. He is going to be the Az Hakim type receiver. Sorry Dante that is not you, just stay at returning kicks and we will get you a reverse every once in awhile.

Second, we need to hit free agency hard. Get a starting MLB, starting CB, a nickelback, and journeyman type DE (and if possible a #1 WR). In the draft, first round get a stud DE if available, if not go WR. In the draft we need to get OL depth, another RB, long snapper, and probally a punter.

blsilks
12-27-2004, 01:23 PM
I think we should trade Holmes to the Patriots for some of them High Tech Roids so that we can inject Junior Savi with them so he can reach 500+ pounds.

htismaqe
12-27-2004, 01:51 PM
First of all Samie Parker will always be a 3rd WR type.

Prove it.

Chief Faithful
12-27-2004, 02:39 PM
So with everybody screaming MLB and CB, I guess its safe to assume that Maz, Warfield and McCleon all suck everybody is finally joining reality.

You sound like a poor version of Taco John. You don't have many friends do you.