PDA

View Full Version : Sports Cards Price Guide

Coach
12-26-2004, 07:16 PM
I have a question for some of you experienced sports cards traders. I am trying to find a site that would have any kind of a sports card (Perferablly Football and Baseball) that would have a full-out list of each players, each year and each different brands of cards (Ex. Topps, Upper Deck MVP (Different than Upper Deck), etc)

Where shall I go? Should I subscribe to Beckett Online Price Guide, or is that the same thing as purchasing the magazine (Which I currently own, and only list out players rookie cards and all that.)

Valiant
12-26-2004, 07:26 PM
not sure..

I have a barry sanders college card when he broke out.. It is not a Nfl prospect card but a actual college card.. Wouldnt mind knowing the price of it.. I am sure there cannot be many...

Jenson71
12-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Doesn't Beckett release one of those big books every year? They're really thick. I think that has everything in it...

Coach
12-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Doesn't Beckett release one of those big books every year? They're really thick. I think that has everything in it...

That's where I was trying to find, but I have no idea where I can find it. I looked all over at the malls in Wichita and Hutchinson, but couldn't find it.

Hammock Parties
12-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Damn dude. In High School and Junior High I used to love getting Beckett. I was a football card retard.

DTLB58
12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
A Beckett on-line price guide subscription is the latest info as their site updates every Monday morning. Per month it is $3.99 per sport. So it might be a little more updated than the latest printed price guide.

One bit of advice, if you are looking at collecting seriously and you want to keep track of your collection, Beckett offers an awesome on-line service to keep track of your collection. It is a lot of work to enter your collection at first, if you have a lot. But they keep track of the prices and your cards and entire collection's value are updated every Monday.

I collect Derrick Thomas cards only and have my collection of 480 different cards listed with Beckett and it is very easy to use and add to the price guide.

Coach
12-26-2004, 07:55 PM
A Beckett on-line price guide subscription is the latest info as their site updates every Monday morning. Per month it is $3.99 per sport. So it might be a little more updated than the latest printed price guide.

One bit of advice, if you are looking at collecting seriously and you want to keep track of your collection, Beckett offers an awesome on-line service to keep track of your collection. It is a lot of work to enter your collection at first, if you have a lot. But they keep track of the prices and your cards and entire collection's value are updated every Monday.

I collect Derrick Thomas cards only and have my collection of 480 different cards listed with Beckett and it is very easy to use and add to the price guide.

Yeah, I saw that, and it's really nice. However I can also get the free "total value" of the whole list if I decide to put in the whole thing, which is also nice. I am thinking about purchasing that and see how it'll go for a month and so. It's a nice deal though, alot better than those magazines I'd say.

BigRedChief
12-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Every Wal-Mart in America has the "Beckett" mags. just get the sport you want and go from there. The huge ones with every player and every set only come out once and year and the prices change so often that they are worthless.

Coach
12-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Well I subscribed it, and man, it's more than I bargained for, and at a very cheap price.

Anyways, if there are some of you folks wanting to know what is the price of some of your sports cards, let me know by typing out the following:

Player name
Type of Card (example: Topps, Upper Deck, etc. Make sure you are specific.)
Card number.

Over-Head
12-27-2004, 09:04 AM
That's where I was trying to find, but I have no idea where I can find it. I looked all over at the malls in Wichita and Hutchinson, but couldn't find it.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/702-8968230-8860069

Coach
12-27-2004, 09:13 AM
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/702-8968230-8860069

Thanks for the link. I already went and subscribed it online though.

JimNasium
12-27-2004, 09:21 AM
I am a retard.
I just thought I would fix your typo.

Over-Head
12-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Great site for finding the card your looking for, (pic wise anyway).
If your like me and know ytour set well enough you can peruse through a card shop knowing what you have and are looking for anyway.
But sometimes a pic can sure help out.

www.footballcardgallery.com

If you look at hos link for Vintage cards for sale, you'll get a great list plus his asking prices.