PDA

View Full Version : Best week of my life

Over-Head
12-27-2004, 10:42 AM
I made a post in here (last week) about finding out I was about to be a father.
Thanks for all the congrats BTW.
Man it’s a feeling I’ll never forget, I can assure ya that!
It’s like a high no drug on earth could re-produce. I was scared shitless, happy,sad, worried and proudall at the same time.
To anyone who’s never had the experience, you’ve never lived until your told your about to be a dad, it’s the kind of feeling that I guarantee you will take to your grave..
For the last week I’ve been on top of the FU@KING world :thumb: :thumb:

Which I guess is why I’m taking the miscarage JoAnn had last night so hard.
We just got back from the doctors office, I was a dad for almost a month and a half, and only knew for 6 days, but man what a 6 days it was.

cookster50
12-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Man, that sucks. I'll be praying for you and your family. My brother and his wife went through 6-7 miscarriages, it hurts. Hopefully you won't have any others. Best of luck.

ptlyon
12-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear that OH. Best of luck on having another child.

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Thats pretty rough.

Sorry to hear that.

Phobia
12-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Bummer, OH. Hang in there.

You're alright - could be a lot worse. JoAnn could have taken all your shit and moved out....
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107228

ChiTown
12-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry to hear that OH.

My wife and I went through two of them ourselves. This was after we were unsucccessful trying to get pregnant for 5 years.

Keep trying. The payoff is wonderful. I have two beautiful little boys that remind me of why life is so great (and precious).

Donger
12-27-2004, 10:58 AM
It’s like a high no drug on eather could re-produce. I was scared shitless, happy,and proud all at the same time.
To anyone who’s never had the experience, you’ve never lived until your told your about to be a dad, it’s the kind of feeling that I guarantee you will take to your grave..
For the last week I’ve been on top of the ****ing world

We just got back from the doctors office, I was a dad for almost a month and a half, and only knew for 6 days, but man what a 6 days it was.

Very sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is, as the wife and I've been through two ourselves.

I took comfort in that perhaps each miscarriage was just nature taking care of a "problem" with the critter, but it still hurt.

Keep your chin up and try again when the doc says it's okay.

Mr. Kotter
12-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear about this, man. I know it's no consolation, but my wife had TWO miscarriages before we had the first of our four. 10 years after her second miscarriage, we've been blessed with four beautiful kids; hang in there, your time will come. :thumb:

Over-Head
12-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Very sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is, as the wife and I've been through two ourselves.

I took comfort in that perhaps each miscarriage was just nature taking care of a "problem" with the critter, but it still hurt.

Keep your chin up and try again when the doc says it's okay.

Funny that’s exactly what both the doc, and father Wayne told us. :hmmm:
Have you ever thought of a career in crisis counseling? :p

Iowanian
12-27-2004, 11:02 AM
At least, after the initial pain is passing, you can look forward to the "trying" part again.

morphius
12-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that OH. I'm sure it will work out at some point, I just hate it when someone is that excited for the baby loses them. I hope the mother is fine.

Over-Head
12-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that OH. I'm sure it will work out at some point, I just hate it when someone is that excited for the baby loses them. I hope the mother is fine.

It was a rough night, I ended up playing www.highdescent.com drunk, stoned, and basically out of my mind at 4am, after I spent 3 hrs from 11-2 holding Jo while she cried herself to sleep after inhaling a bottle of kaluha.

Mosbonian
12-27-2004, 11:25 AM
It’s like a high no drug on earth could re-produce. I was scared shitless, happy,sad, worried and proudall at the same time.
For the last week I’ve been on top of the ****ing world

O.H.

My heart goes out to you and JoAnn....and my prayers too.

Be there to hold her for the next few days....that is probably the best thing that you can do for her.

Like most that have posted to this point, my wife and I have been thru this, although I hope you don't have to wait all the years we had to, until they figured what caused her miscarriages. But then again this was when we were younger, so modern medicine has come a long way since.

I know that as men we all like to put up our "macho" fronts, but don't be afraid to let your emotions run the gamut. You're a person too...

And, while I am nowhere near a licensed counselor, please feel free to smoke me if you just want someone to talk to about it. Sometimes it just helps to talk with someone who has been there.

mmaddog

Radar Chief
12-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Wow, truly sorry to hear that OH.
And reading others responses, I’m surprised to see that it’s such a common problem.
I never knew, I guess the wife and I really did luck out with no complications.

BigOlChiefsfan
12-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Best thoughts to both of you, OH.

morphius
12-27-2004, 11:46 AM
It was a rough night, I ended up playing www.highdescent.com drunk, stoned, and basically out of my mind at 4am, after I spent 3 hrs from 11-2 holding Jo while she cried herself to sleep after inhaling a bottle of kaluha.
I thought I had a bad night, I got an hour and a half of sleep because of two teeth deciding to go nuts on me. Got one filled and having my second root canal in 2 months tomorrow.

StcChief
12-27-2004, 11:54 AM
OH sorry to hear it. Best wishes to you and your family in this.

We had a blighted pregnency and had to wait a year....

Everything came out fine after that.

Enjoy the trying again part....

badgirl
12-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I am so sorry, just keep on trying and it will all be worth it when you do have that little one. I am going to pray for strength for you and your wife. I have 3 kids, grown almost now, but it is the best thing that will happen in your life, and I am sure you will be experiencing that for yourself. :thumb:

bogie
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
So sorry to hear this! I know how excited you were. One thing that sucks about modern medicine is that we are able to tell the woman is pregnant so early now. In the old days we really couldn't tell until we were past the danger zone. Hang in there and good job holding the wife. This too shall pass.

chiefs4me
12-27-2004, 08:52 PM
OH,,you know how I feel about it. I am so truly sorry for you because I know how much you both wanted a child. MY prayers to both of you.

KS Smitty
12-27-2004, 09:21 PM
So sorry to hear this OH. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and JoAnn. Although it doesn't make it easier to take, it may have been for the best. You just keep giving each other a shoulder to lean on and things will work out for the best. God bless you and JoAnn.

Inspector
12-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Condolences on your loss.

My daughter-in-law had a miscarriage a couple of years ago. We were all devastated.

But when I see the grandson she gave us since then (1 year old on 12/30) I don't feel the pain so much.

Like many others have said, you'll get another chance and the results will be worth the wait.

Good luck! God be with you.

BigVE
12-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Sorry for the loss/sadness in your family. It may not be much comfort at this point but when I experienced this it was somewhat comforting to know that miscarriages are basically a natural way of the body rejecting a fetus that is severely messed up...better this way (maybe) instead of having a severely deformed/disfigured child that would never have any semblance of a normal life. Right? I may be way off base here, but that did help me a bit. Then when we had two beautiful problem free pregnancies the bad memories went away. You said you have never lived until you have been told your about to be a daddy...it gets better than that, you will see someday. Sincere condolences and Best wishes.

Skip Towne
12-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Bummer, OH. Hang in there.

You're alright - could be a lot worse. JoAnn could have taken all your shit and moved out....
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107228
Just what we need...a cross thread smart ass....