PDA

View Full Version : All I can do now is ask why???

DRU
12-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Why can't I get more than 1 or 2 people out of the 20 or 30 at least that downloaded these torrents to help seed?

Mr. Kotter
12-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Torrent? Is that like rainfall that led to earthquakes that led to the Tsunami's in Indonesia? :hmmm:

Seriously though, I've been tempted...but don't know that I have the software/hardware/security measures to make it a reasonable venture. :shrug:

Phobia
12-28-2004, 12:02 AM
It's because a small segment of the population always carries the freeloaders. You can't really do anything about it except bitch. That may or may not help. You could also threaten to stop doing it. That may help. I dunno man. I don't take advantage of your "service" because I have the games at my fingertips on TIVO, but if I did, I'd definitely be a seed.

jjjayb
12-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Had to stop seeding today for a few hours. I installed a wireless network last week and it's been giving me fits. I've been jacking with it all night. Think I got it figured out and am back up and running. :thumb:

digi2fish
12-28-2004, 12:27 AM
It's because a small segment of the population always carries the freeloaders. You can't really do anything about it except bitch. That may or may not help. You could also threaten to stop doing it. That may help. I dunno man. I don't take advantage of your "service" because I have the games at my fingertips on TIVO, but if I did, I'd definitely be a seed.

....I think I'm the most loyal seed.....

go bo
12-28-2004, 12:29 AM
....I think I'm the most loyal seed.....rep for loyalty... :toast:

Mr. Kotter
12-28-2004, 12:31 AM
....I think I'm the most loyal seed.....

Hell, you are half way around the world....duh! :p

digi2fish
12-28-2004, 03:53 AM
Hell, you are half way around the world....duh! :p

that's right, so I gotta be loyal.

help me, DRU, you're my only hope.
ROFL

ZootedGranny
12-28-2004, 05:53 AM
I make sure to seed the file at least 3 times over.

I suggest only having the torrents up on your tracker for a two or three week span or so. I really appreciate what you do (your HDTV capture blows away my Hauppauge), and I'd hate for you to quit doing what you're doing. But if it were me, I'd have a "get it while it lasts" mindframe.

Pants
12-28-2004, 06:58 AM
I usually leave mine for a while but eventually it gets turned off. This is a problem, since I have no idea how to re-open a seed.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2004, 07:09 AM
I make sure to seed the file at least 3 times over.

I suggest only having the torrents up on your tracker for a two or three week span or so. I really appreciate what you do (your HDTV capture blows away my Hauppauge), and I'd hate for you to quit doing what you're doing. But if it were me, I'd have a "get it while it lasts" mindframe.

It's actually not really HDTV. It's just widescreen. Still nice, IMO. I love having Chiefs games on DVD.

ZootedGranny
12-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah, you might be right.

DRU, what card do you use to capture the games? The colors destroy my Hauppauge, which was supposed to be top of the line. Maybe I need to calibrate my shit better.

Dave Lane
12-28-2004, 01:59 PM
OK what the hell are you even talking about? It might help to explain what you are doing to neophites.

Dave

DeepSouth
12-28-2004, 03:30 PM
OK what the hell are you even talking about? It might help to explain what you are doing to neophites.

Dave

I second that.

I assumed he was having problems getting his wife pregnant or it's time to plant corn again.

DRU
01-19-2005, 04:18 PM
DRU, what card do you use to capture the games? The colors destroy my Hauppauge, which was supposed to be top of the line. Maybe I need to calibrate my shit better.

I use an ATI All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro. It's not a High Def capture card...so I can't capture any higher than 720x576 resolution. And the 576 gets quite a bit cropped away also. My finished clips are usually 640x352...about half of true High Def.

I do record from the high def channel though...that's why they clips come out 16:9 aspect ratio and still look a lot better than if captured from standard channel. Hopefully next year I'll have an actual HD capture card and the clips will look amazing then.

elvomito
01-19-2005, 04:26 PM
dru, could you capture the championship games this weekend please? i would like to download them or get them on dvd from you somehow.
woudl that be possible? i know you only have so much HD room.

ChiefsFanatik88
01-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Why can't I get more than 1 or 2 people out of the 20 or 30 at least that downloaded these torrents to help seed?

Sorry Dru, I no longer have my DSL connection, so I can't download or seed hardly anything

ZootedGranny
01-19-2005, 06:25 PM
I use an ATI All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro. It's not a High Def capture card...so I can't capture any higher than 720x576 resolution. And the 576 gets quite a bit cropped away also. My finished clips are usually 640x352...about half of true High Def.

I do record from the high def channel though...that's why they clips come out 16:9 aspect ratio and still look a lot better than if captured from standard channel. Hopefully next year I'll have an actual HD capture card and the clips will look amazing then.

Thanks for answering. That would explain how the picture is so sharp.

DRU
01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
dru, could you capture the championship games this weekend please? i would like to download them or get them on dvd from you somehow.
woudl that be possible? i know you only have so much HD room.

I've got plenty of HD space...it's just a matter of if I'm going to be home watching the games or not. I can set a scheduler but it can't change the channel for me (connection via s-video) and it tends to crash when I let a capture run for 3 hours straight...I normally stop it between QTRs.

Which would you prefer? DVD (MPEG-2) or Divx (MPEG-4)

WilliamTheIrish
01-19-2005, 10:50 PM
I'll be glad to help. But I know zip about torrent.

I'd like to know more about how it works before I delve in..

DRU
01-20-2005, 12:50 AM
I'd like to know more about how it works before I delve in..

http://dessent.net/btfaq/

alanm
01-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Sorry man, I only seed and leech music.

jjjayb
01-20-2005, 08:46 AM
DRU, Any chance of getting the Raiders at Chiefs?

WilliamTheIrish
01-20-2005, 10:24 AM
http://dessent.net/btfaq/

Thanks DRU.

svuba
01-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Does anybody know how to get programs recorded on a TIVO box onto a computer? I would like to burn some DVDs offf of the TIVO, but am not sure how easy that will be. - - sounds like you probably know how DRU?

elvomito
01-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Which would you prefer? DVD (MPEG-2) or Divx (MPEG-4)

mpeg2... unless divx is easier for you. hmmm now which game do i wanna see? probably the atlanta one, if you won't be there.

thanks!