PDA

View Full Version : If it weren't for Sunday ticket...

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2004, 07:00 PM
I'd tell Directv to stick it in their ass!

They are charging me $20 to replace my access card. :cuss:

I was having problems with my local channels, so they are sending me a replacement. The guy who tried to help me never said there would be a charge. I was about to pay my bill on line, like I always do, and noticed this: Access Card Replacement - Charge $20.00 $1.20 $21.20

****ers! :mad:

Deberg_1990
12-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Id still take them over Time Warner any day of the week.....

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Id still take them over Time Warner any day of the week.....If ANYBODY else offered the Ticket, I'd dump them in a heartbeat...

ArrowheadHawk
why not tell dtv to stick it up there ass and find a job in Kansas City or surrounding area and you wont need dtv

Skip Towne

I was having problems with my local channels, so they are sending me a replacement. The guy who tried to help me never said there would be a charge. I was about to pay my bill on line, like I always do, and noticed this: Access Card Replacement - Charge $20.00 $1.20 $21.20

Read the back of your access card. It clearly states "This card is the property of Directv....". Call 800 730 4742 and inquire why you have to pay for THEIR faulty equipment. Let me know what happens.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Read the back of your access card. It clearly states "This card is the property of Directv....". Call 800 730 4742 and inquire why you have to pay for THEIR faulty equipment. Let me know what happens.Thanks for the advice...

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2004, 07:09 PM
why not tell dtv to stick it up there ass and find a job in Kansas City or surrounding area and you wont need dtvI'd love to. I have a son here, though...

ArrowheadHawk
12-28-2004, 07:11 PM
I'd love to. I have a son here, though...my bad kids > chiefs but just barely

but chiefs definatly > wife

Bob Dole
12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
If it weren't for Sunday Ticket, Bob Dole would have $200 more each year to spend on beer...

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2004, 07:13 PM
If it weren't for Sunday Ticket, Bob Dole would have $200 more each year to spend on beer...
ROFL

ROYC75
12-28-2004, 07:20 PM

No kidding, I use to have Dish Network and the local KC channels here in KY... $ 71.88 per year/ $ 5.99 per month for the KC channels, until the FCC stepped in and ruined my little setup. :banghead:

Calcountry
12-28-2004, 07:20 PM
We really got hosed this year.

We had 3 monday night games, a Saturday night game, a Christmas game. That means that only 11 games were made available to me that I wouldn't have had on free Network.

Somehow I don't think we are going to get 3 MNF games next year. :shake:

Bob Dole
12-28-2004, 07:35 PM
We really got hosed this year.

We had 3 monday night games, a Saturday night game, a Christmas game. That means that only 11 games were made available to me that I wouldn't have had on free Network.

Somehow I don't think we are going to get 3 MNF games next year. :shake:

It was pretty "bad" here in Texarkana last year, too.

But when measured against an average Sunday bar tab of $60, if Bob Dole gets to watch just 4 games he wouldn't have otherwise seen, it's a good deal.

Pants
12-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Id still take them over Time Warner any day of the week.....

Huh? I love TWC. But seeing how you complain about everything, I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing no matter what you had.

papasmurf
12-28-2004, 08:05 PM

that is to weeks at the lo9cal sports bar.

dtebbe
12-28-2004, 08:52 PM
I think when your new card arrives they may offer you $20 to return the old card. I seem to remeber them doing this back when I had a card to go bad. I think they do it to try and keep the cards off the market (if you know what I mean).

DT

Skip Towne
12-28-2004, 09:13 PM
No kidding, I use to have Dish Network and the local KC channels here in KY... $ 71.88 per year/ $ 5.99 per month for the KC channels, until the FCC stepped in and ruined my little setup. :banghead:
You ex-cops all have criminal tendencies. Why is that?

unlurking
12-28-2004, 09:21 PM
They did the same thing to me when they sent me a new receiver (protection plan). As soon as I sent the old one back, they just credited my account. It did take a few weeks to get processed though.

Mosbonian
12-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Huh? I love TWC. But seeing how you complain about everything, I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing no matter what you had.

I can tell you plenty of horror stories about Time Warner.....but i don't want to get into a fight with Endelt again....

FOR ME....TWC sux big ol' monkey baows.....

mmaddog

alanm
12-28-2004, 10:17 PM
You ex-cops all have criminal tendencies. Why is that?Inside information. :thumb:

Eleazar
12-28-2004, 10:39 PM
I never have any trouble with Time Warner. :shrug: Got digital cable and roadrunner, never been out for a minute that I can remember.

Mosbonian
12-28-2004, 11:22 PM
I never have any trouble with Time Warner. :shrug: Got digital cable and roadrunner, never been out for a minute that I can remember.

Their customer service sux.....

mmaddog

shakenbake
12-28-2004, 11:29 PM

If you pay your bill every month on time I would tell them to stick it. If they give you the run around tell them you want to cancel your account and ask them to transfer you to the department that handles cancelations. I guarntee they will credit your account once you talk to those guys.

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 11:32 PM
I have been unable to justify the dough to make the switch and get DTV with the Sunday ticket. I do go to the sports bar but my tab is really cheap.

Eleazar
12-28-2004, 11:43 PM

mmaddog

Just putting my $.02 in. I have never had issue with them. You might have a bad CS experience with any company. Sometimes you just catch people having bad days, who knows. Their service works for me so :shrug:

Pants
12-28-2004, 11:47 PM

mmaddog

Weird, in my experience their customer service was always good. One day, though, some dude called in sick and he was the one who was supposed to come by my house, so I had to wait a few more hours till somebody showed up. Over the phone, though, they have the best CS I've ever seen, quick professional help. Plus the internet rocks.

Nzoner
12-28-2004, 11:51 PM
I have been unable to justify the dough to make the switch and get DTV with the Sunday ticket. I do go to the sports bar but my tab is really cheap.

Seeing that I already have DTV with the multiple receivers and tv's in place I've decided that next year I will be giving up my season tickets to enjoy a full season in my gameroom as I can no longer justify the expense of both.

2bikemike
12-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Seeing that I already have DTV with the multiple receivers and tv's in place I've decided that next year I will be giving up my season tickets to enjoy a full season in my gameroom as I can no longer justify the expense of both.

Wow I am not so sure I would give up my season tickets if I had any!
Are you just going to sell your 05 tickets or are you giving them up all together?

Nzoner
12-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Wow I am not so sure I would give up my season tickets if I had any!
Are you just going to sell your 05 tickets or are you giving them up all together?

If the opportunity is there to sell them off I may do that,however,with the Chiefs requiring 1st installments in early '05 it may not be possible.

My other problem is that I'm not able to get local channels where I live so even if I decided to keep the tickets and nix DTV I'd find myself at a local sports bar as well for the away games,with the set-up I already have in place I can't see that.

One other positive is that I have enough clients with tickets that I've already been assured of taking in at least 2-3 games at Arrowhead if I choose to do so.

2bikemike
12-29-2004, 12:42 AM
If the opportunity is there to sell them off I may do that,however,with the Chiefs requiring 1st installments in early '05 it may not be possible.

My other problem is that I'm not able to get local channels where I live so even if I decided to keep the tickets and nix DTV I'd find myself at a local sports bar as well for the away games,with the set-up I already have in place I can't see that.

One other positive is that I have enough clients with tickets that I've already been assured of taking in at least 2-3 games at Arrowhead if I choose to do so.

Well I have seen pictures of your set up so at least you would still have a cool place to go.

go bo
12-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Well I have seen pictures of your set up so at least you would still have a cool place to go.very cool...

actually, awesome would be more like it...

mikey23545
12-29-2004, 05:54 AM

You let your Sunday Ticket money come out of your beer money?!?!?!

The towering respect I had for you is beginning to crumble....

MichaelH
12-29-2004, 06:40 AM

mmaddog

I'm not happy with Time Warner, but I'll take it over any of the dish companies. I called the local TIme Warner office to ask why we couldn't get the NFL Network here. I was told there isn't enough interest. HUH?

Skip Towne
12-29-2004, 07:03 AM
I'm not happy with Time Warner, but I'll take it over any of the dish companies. I called the local TIme Warner office to ask why we couldn't get the NFL Network here. I was told there isn't enough interest. HUH?
See. Not only do cable companies suck, they lie too.

Otter
12-29-2004, 07:06 AM
See. Not only do cable companies suck, they lie too.

Hehehe, when I was first getting cable (in my name) a couple years ago Comcast told me they should have a plan available the next year. I was just as ignorant to the situation back then so I gave the "ohkay" response.

Customer service is either given a scripted answer to that question or they're just as ignorant as I was back then to contacts regarding NFL broadcasts.

philfree
12-29-2004, 07:37 AM
My Tivo went out after about 20 months. When I was talking to the tech on the phone he said I would have to purchase the replacement to which I answered "I don't think that's right". He said something about me having not purchased the extended warranty/service package and the original 1 year warranty had expired so I had to purchase the replacement Tivo. Again I said "I don't think that's right". The guy told me to hang on while he looked at my account and when he came back he said "Since you are such a good customer and have always paid on time we'll send out a repalcement for no charge." I said "Cool!" Then I told him the reason I had the Tivo in the first place was to record the Chiefs games but the blackout rules in Springfield had changed and Sunday Ticket no longer aired the Chiefs becuase they are on the local station which wasn't available in Springfield till just recently. He told me I was available for the locals now and then I told him that when I called to get them I was told I had to purchase an elipical dish which was $99.00. He then told me that I didn't have to do that and what they would do is bring out a second dish for the locals only for no charge. They also replaced my original reciever(now the 2nd reciever in a different room) for free because it wouldn't get the locals. They come out on Christmas Eve Day and installed it all to top it off. To go with that I got my original Dish and reciever for free because I had purchased Chiefs tickets one year. :) ROFL :thumb: :p :shrug: Direct TV has been very good to me.

PhilFree :arrow:

Lzen
12-29-2004, 08:21 AM

Heh, I was really wanting NFL Network a few months ago, too. Then I started seeing all those commercial advertisements for it. You know, seems like every one of them features the FREAKIN' RAIDuRS!! :Lin: And then there's another that advertises that ex-Donkey, Terrell Davis. After seeing all that, I'm not so sure I'd want it.

memyselfI
12-29-2004, 08:27 AM

Ditto. Plus you can watch all the games at once. Hard to do unless you have 12 tvs in a room or 12 PIP screens.

I subscribed to DTV for two seasons and then decided it was not worth being held hostage to terrible service simply because of NFL Sunday Ticket.

Skip Towne
12-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Ditto. Plus you can watch all the games at once. Hard to do unless you have 12 tvs in a room or 12 PIP screens.

I subscribed to DTV for two seasons and then decided it was not worth being held hostage to terrible service simply because of NFL Sunday Ticket.
Have any of you ever seen Dense satisfied with anything? As for Directv's poor service, I offered to go fix her system for free and she never would give me a time to do it.

morphius
12-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Have any of you ever seen Dense satisfied with anything? As for Directv's poor service, I offered to go fix her system for free and she never would give me a time to do it.
I seem to remember her mentioning that she is pretty satisfied when Rich Gannon bends over, but I'm sure that isn't what you were looking for.

Skip Towne
12-29-2004, 08:59 AM
I seem to remember her mentioning that she is pretty satisfied when Rich Gannon bends over, but I'm sure that isn't what you were looking for.
I'm sure she'd find something wrong with it.

memyselfI
12-29-2004, 09:03 AM

I have Everest and am a very happy camper and have been for a year.

And yes, you did offer to fix it but I had at least 3 different guys come out to work on things and it never got fixed correctly. By then I was fed up.

Herzig
12-29-2004, 09:57 AM
My Tivo went out after about 20 months. When I was talking to the tech on the phone he said I would have to purchase the replacement to which I answered "I don't think that's right". He said something about me having not purchased the extended warranty/service package and the original 1 year warranty had expired so I had to purchase the replacement Tivo. Again I said "I don't think that's right". The guy told me to hang on while he looked at my account and when he came back he said "Since you are such a good customer and have always paid on time we'll send out a repalcement for no charge." I said "Cool!" Then I told him the reason I had the Tivo in the first place was to record the Chiefs games but the blackout rules in Springfield had changed and Sunday Ticket no longer aired the Chiefs becuase they are on the local station which wasn't available in Springfield till just recently. He told me I was available for the locals now and then I told him that when I called to get them I was told I had to purchase an elipical dish which was $99.00. He then told me that I didn't have to do that and what they would do is bring out a second dish for the locals only for no charge. They also replaced my original reciever(now the 2nd reciever in a different room) for free because it wouldn't get the locals. They come out on Christmas Eve Day and installed it all to top it off. To go with that I got my original Dish and reciever for free because I had purchased Chiefs tickets one year. :) ROFL :thumb: :p :shrug: Direct TV has been very good to me.

My Tivo that was a year and half old fried about 2 months ago the day after I had my locals dish installed. I did the same as you and complained and no one did anything about it. I upgraded my Tivo to an 80 hour model for $100. That model fried in 2 days(it was bad), so I exchanged for another at Circuit City(and bought the sevice plan). DirecTV called me about 2 weeks ago, said they noticed several sevice calls to my house and asked me if I was happy with their service. I said except for my Tivo frying, I was..they then put a $50 credit on my bill. I thought that was pretty cool

Mosbonian
12-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Just putting my $.02 in. I have never had issue with them. You might have a bad CS experience with any company. Sometimes you just catch people having bad days, who knows. Their service works for me so :shrug:

Cochise:

This wasn't just a one time experience...it was a series of events over a period of 3 months that culminated with me getting so frustrated with their lackadaisical attitude about my complaints that i actually went out and researched satellite...which I had never had to that point. I have been with DirecTV ever since and have had all of my Customer Service issues resolved promptly.....in fact, they usually gave me more than what I asked for.

FWIW, and relating back to the thread, once DTV gets your old card back you will get credited. I had the same thing happen to me and all I did was wait for the credit to catch up to my bill.

I've been a DTV subscriber for over 6 years now and wouldn't trade it for the world.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
12-29-2004, 12:36 PM

Time Warner that is in the Carolina region WAS the reason that I switched to DTV......I was living in the Carolina's and was forced to deal with that crappy bunch of CS idiots......the only thing that kept them from being the worst in the Carolina's was the fact that Adelphia actually was one of their competitors.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
12-29-2004, 12:37 PM
I called the local TIme Warner office to ask why we couldn't get the NFL Network here. I was told there isn't enough interest. HUH?

One word:

NASCAR....

mmaddog

Calcountry
12-29-2004, 12:53 PM
You ex-cops all have criminal tendencies. Why is that?
Because they know better than anyone how the system works. :p

Calcountry
12-29-2004, 01:01 PM

JD Powers ranks them #1 in customer service.

Calcountry
12-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Heh, I was really wanting NFL Network a few months ago, too. Then I started seeing all those commercial advertisements for it. You know, seems like every one of them features the FREAKIN' RAIDuRS!! :Lin: And then there's another that advertises that ex-Donkey, Terrell Davis. After seeing all that, I'm not so sure I'd want it.
They have an EXCELLENT NFL channel commercial airing now. It has every team in it from time in memorium.

Calcountry
12-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I think that mechanical latex device satisfies her.

wutamess
12-29-2004, 01:08 PM
TWC has about 15 channels in HDTV. I have DTV and have yet to upgrade to HDTV programming because the receiver costs too damn much while TWC receivers are give to their customers for free.

2 questions:
Anyone know how many DTV channels are HDTV (including local channels)?

Anyone know of a way to get DTV HDTV receiver and satellite for free?

MichaelH
12-29-2004, 01:55 PM
One word:

NASCAR....

mmaddog

Yes NASCAR is big here, but so are the Panthers, and several college football teams. I think there's a huge market here for football, but the suits don't see it.

Skip Towne
12-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Anyone know of a way to get DTV HDTV receiver and satellite for free?
Steal them?

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Cochise:

FWIW, and relating back to the thread, once DTV gets your old card back you will get credited. I had the same thing happen to me and all I did was wait for the credit to catch up to my bill.

mmaddog
*******Ah, good. Thanks...

Mosbonian
12-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Yes NASCAR is big here, but so are the Panthers, and several college football teams. I think there's a huge market here for football, but the suits don't see it.

Sorry Michael....I lived in Mooresville for about 4 years so the Charlotte area isn't an unknown to me.....

The Panthers are just getting to be a big thing, but all you have to do is have a NASCAR race and a Panther's football game on the same day and see how deserted the stadium will be downtown. And forget tailgating at a panther's game.....they still haven't figured out what REAL tailgating is....

As for college football, you are a little north of the region that revels in college football.....in South Carolina they really follow it, what with USC and Clemson having better FB program than BB programs.

Until the Panther's win a Super Bowl and NASCAR loses it's flavor in Concord/Kannapoli/Mooresville, you are destined to be a racing capital.

mmaddog