PDA

View Full Version : computer help!!!!!plz

Bane
12-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Can any of you tell me how to remove these viruses from a pc?TROJ LALUS.A--TROJKREPPER.Y--TROJ IMISERV.C--TROJDYFUCA.CR--TROJ SMALL.IDTROJ ISTBAR.A--Its not actually my pc,and I have no clue what to do.There are actually lots more in her pc than I listed.Thanks guys.and go chiefs.

Kerberos
12-29-2004, 10:50 PM
fdisk

Kerberos
12-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Sorry, I couldn't resist...

does this person even have anti-virus???

If not you are in for a long and tedious process...

without joking... if it is completely infested the quickest way is to just find download the utility for the hard drive or use "KILLDISK" and write zero's to the hard drive and reload the OS.

If they have a bunch of files they need to keep you will have to go to www.trendmicro.com or www.symantec.com and type the name of every virus you can find into thier database and it will give you registry and other types of fixes for each.. it there are multiple types of viruses you have a few days of work ahead of you...

first thing I would try is going to www.trendmicro.com and do a housecall virus scan and see how many it finds and do the delete at the end of the scan and see how many it will get rid of for you ... if you have enough infestation you probably won't get any antivirus to scan or load.

try to do the online first and go from there. IMO

Cliff

DenverChief
12-29-2004, 11:04 PM
try here

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

QuikSsurfer
12-30-2004, 12:37 AM
try here

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

Panda software is quality.. but if you wanna save yourself a lot of time,money, and stress... Buy an Apple.

Phobia
12-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Panda software is quality.. but if you wanna save yourself a lot of time,money, and stress... Buy an Apple.

Don't ever, EVER mention that word here again.

QuikSsurfer
12-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Don't ever, EVER mention that word here again.

so i just got a new 12in powerbook.. it is an amazing system.. got a nice ipod mini too :)...
What do you have against panda's phobia?

BigRedChief
12-30-2004, 01:01 AM
so i just got a new 12in powerbook.. it is an amazing system.. got a nice ipod mini too :)...
What do you have against panda's phobia?

Apples are a light snack. Not meant to be a fulfilling subsitute.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
12-30-2004, 02:26 AM
Download and run STINGER and Avast free trojan removers .

Get em here
http://www.webattack.com/freeware/security/fwavspecial.shtml

grandllama
12-30-2004, 02:34 AM
fdisk

That's what I've always found helpful.....

warpaint99
12-30-2004, 02:46 AM
i like free ' ANTIVIR' . It tracks downloads from p2p too. better than those online scanners.

Use adaware too for illegal and criminal spyware.

Kerberos
12-30-2004, 07:35 AM
Spybot search and destroy is one of the BEST free spybusters that doesn't put spyware ON your computer installing it.. In the immunization part of spybot you can follow a link to spyware blaster that is a good utility to block malicious axtive X code from being downloaded... although XP service pack 2 does a good job of that too.

I agree with QuickSsurfer... Panda is quality Antivirus and is pretty reasonably priced ... I can get you the Panda Platinum for about $25 shipped to you..

:)

Cliff