PDA

View Full Version : Prisco's Season Awards

alpha_omega
12-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Hevent read this yet...but thought everybody might be interested. It's a multi-page article, so i'll just put the link up.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8050353

Lzen
12-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Can you just summarize it? I'm too lazy to read a multi page Prisco article.

alpha_omega
12-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Just read it...as far as Chiefs fans are concern...this about sums it up

Biggest team disappointment: Chiefs. The defense had to be better, and it wasn't. Runners-up: Titans; Ravens; Rams.

Lzen
12-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Just read it...as far as Chiefs fans are concern...this about sums it up

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. No sense in reading it. :D

BigChiefFan
12-30-2004, 02:51 PM
You know what's funny? Is Manning throws the All-Time TD passing record in a season and he is the clear-cut winner. Priest Holmes breaks the all-time rushing record for TDs in a season on a 13-3 team and he doesn't even get a whiff at being the NFL MVP. The NFL's goldenboy can do no wrong.

Rain Man
12-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Not only does Jared Allen not get mentioned for rookie of the year or even defensive rookie of the year, but he doesn't even get an honorable mention as rookie bargain of the year. Hmmph.

Kclee
12-30-2004, 03:15 PM
You know what's funny? Is Manning throws the All-Time TD passing record in a season and he is the clear-cut winner. Priest Holmes breaks the all-time rushing record for TDs in a season on a 13-3 team and he doesn't even get a whiff at being the NFL MVP. The NFL's goldenboy can do no wrong.

Wow, so true. Does anyone know if Marshall got MVP when he broke the record that year?

ZootedGranny
12-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Not only does Jared Allen not get mentioned for rookie of the year or even defensive rookie of the year, but he doesn't even get an honorable mention as rookie bargain of the year. Hmmph.

That's where I stopped reading. I frequent other messageboards that are even less likely to see a Chiefs game than Prisco, and Allen is frequently brought up in DRotY discussions as at the very least a candidate.

Spicy McHaggis
12-30-2004, 04:57 PM
That's where I stopped reading. I frequent other messageboards that are even less likely to see a Chiefs game than Prisco, and Allen is frequently brought up in DRotY discussions as at the very least a candidate.

If Allen wasn't the freakin bargain of this years rookie class then Prisco is a moron. Hey Pete, in between the coasts there is this town called Kansas City that has one helluva rookie DE. No respect I tell, no respect at all. On a side note Oakland did get two of the worst offseason acquisitions in Sapp and Washington ROFL

Frazod
12-30-2004, 05:00 PM
I hate Pricksco, but he's right - we could end up scoring 500 points on the season and not make the playoffs. That's inexcusable. :shake:

Pants
12-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Pffft. F*ck Prisco.

Mile High Mania
12-30-2004, 05:57 PM
I hate Pricksco, but he's right - we could end up scoring 500 points on the season and not make the playoffs. That's inexcusable. :shake:

KC has ranked #1 in points in 2002 / #1 in 2003 and #4 in 2004 and no playoff wins... only 1 appearance. That's crazy.

StcChief
12-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one and they stink.

Biggest team disappointment: Chiefs. The defense had to be better, and it wasn't.
Runners-up: Titans; Ravens; Rams.

whoman69
12-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Best trend: The move to open up the passing game. Don't you love it? Runner-up: Blitzing defenses.

Worst trend: Too many penalties. Let the players play. Runner-up: Too much bad situational coaching.

These are rather conflicting. Its the move to call more penalties that opened up the passing games. They may as make the dbacks wear dunce caps and the receivers wear dresses.

TheNextStep
12-30-2004, 09:12 PM
whoman - that's exactly what I was going to comment on. When he asks, "Don't you love it?" it makes me want to punch him in the face.

No, I don't love it. I used to love it, back when I played two hand touch football as a child... but that isn't what I want the NFL to be.

stumppy
12-30-2004, 10:14 PM

I'm sure DV is hard at work right now trying to figure out a way to tweak the offense so they can score just a few more points. Everybody knows thats all we're lacking.

Kerberos
12-30-2004, 10:31 PM

I agree 100% and send PRICKSCO an email through CBS Sportsline website ... lets see if he responds!

Jarred Allen is 1 sack away from trying the late Derrick Thomas' rookie sack record for the Chiefs and NO HONORABLE MENTION... F&%$ING NO EXCUSE!

:cuss: