PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami Blogs

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Any news or blog junkies out there who want more than the canned news from the networks/cable here are blogs to see some things you might not see on TV. Please post others as you find them.

http://www.waveofdestruction.org/

http://tsunamihelp.blogspot.com/

http://www.waxy.org/archive/2004/12/28/amateur_.shtml

http://www.punditguy.com/2004/12/horror.html

Skip Towne
12-30-2004, 05:59 PM
I've had quite enough tsunami news.

FloridaChief
12-30-2004, 06:03 PM

I'm beginning to hate the word "tsunami"....

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm beginning to hate the word "tsunami"....

that is why I click on a thread with the word... :hmmm: :rolleyes:

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:05 PM

Yeah, I guess five days of news is quite enough for the worst natural disaster of our lifetime. :spock:

FloridaChief
12-30-2004, 06:09 PM
that is why I click on a thread with the word... :hmmm: :rolleyes:

Exactly. We think alike. Watch for my soon-to-come avatar with of a dog pissing on a sign reading "tsunami"...

Signed,

A bitter f*cked-up hypocrite....

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Exactly. We think alike. Watch for my soon-to-come avatar with of a dog pissing on a sign reading "tsunami"...

Signed,

A bitter f*cked-up hypocrite....

that would have to be one f*cking large dog... ROFL

At least my avatar is probable, er, possible. :p

Brock
12-30-2004, 06:14 PM
I wonder what God is punishing these poor turd-worlders for.

StcChief
12-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Muslim hater's attacking...

Pants
12-30-2004, 06:21 PM
meme, why would I read the accounts? To make me feel worse? I've seen enough on the TV and I feel bad for all the people, but I'm not gonna go reading through blogs to just waste time and feel shittier.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:26 PM
meme, why would I read the accounts? To make me feel worse? I've seen enough on the TV and I feel bad for all the people, but I'm not gonna go reading through blogs to just waste time and feel shittier.

Because they are also telling survivor stories and success stories about aid reaching their targets.

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I guess five days of news is quite enough for the worst natural disaster of our lifetime. :spock:
Not true, Bangladesh has suffered so many disasters over the last 40 years that they account for 500,000 dead during that time frame including 1970 when the country was ravaged by cyclones eventually resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Not true, Bangladesh has suffered so many disasters over the last 40 years that they account for 500,000 dead during that time frame including 1970 when the country was ravaged by cyclones eventually resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

The criteria is not merely death count alone...not to mention that there is now speculation the ultimate total could end up being between 500k-1 million.

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 06:43 PM
And don't forget the Iranian earthquake a mere year ago that initially killed 31,000 people with tens of thousands dying later due to various ancillary issues caused by the earthquake.

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 06:44 PM
The criteria is not merely death count alone...not to mention that there is now speculation the ultimate total could end up being between 500k-1 million.
See Iranian earthquake, 2003

We like to believe that this moment in time is the most important, most horrific, most enlightened, etc etc etc. Chances are it has already happened and at a greater level in another time.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:45 PM
And don't forget the Iranian earthquake a mere year ago that initially killed 31,000 people with tens of thousands dying later due to various ancillary issues caused by the earthquake.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/975541.cms

Red Cross is estimating the toll could shoot up to 1,00,000 dead (from the present 80,000) in Asia once more information comes in from Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The Andamans are situated just north of Sumatra, the epicentre of Sunday's quake that set off the killer waves.

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 06:45 PM
There was also speculation that over 30,000 people were killed in the WTC disaster, with you being one of them shouting out the numbers then as well.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:48 PM
There was also speculation that over 30,000 people were killed in the WTC disaster, with you being one of them shouting out the numbers then as well.

Uh, that was Rudy's number...

maybe he got it from Bernie Karak? ROFL

Pants
12-30-2004, 06:48 PM

I think she means as an aftermath, not the direct result. Like starvation, disease and all the good stuff. Also, I don't think the accounts will ever be accurate, since there were so manty people who lived in poverty and were killed in the disaster, no one will ever report their deaths (here, i am assuming that they don't count the bodies, but rather the claims).

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Uh, that was Rudy's number...

maybe he got it from Bernie Karak? ROFL
That is possible, but you were the one running with it as fact before it occurred, even after I stated that it was too early to be running with such numbers.

If Guliani posts on this board, I would tell him the same thing. As it is, you were the rumor monger. The death toll may be phenomenal, but to start making estimates is just stupid.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:50 PM
I think she means as an aftermath, not the direct result. Like starvation, disease and all the good stuff. Also, I don't think the accounts will ever be accurate, since there were so manty people who lived in poverty and were killed in the disaster, no one will ever report their deaths (here, i am assuming that they don't count the bodies, but rather the claims).

Well that is what the article states. That some of the people on the island were never 'registered' so they won't be counted officially but the government had an idea they were there.

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 06:51 PM
I understood exactly what she posted, but to state unequivocally this is the worst disaster of our lifetime only days afterward when other natural disasters initially killed thousands more is just overreactionary press, with people like Denise feeding in the frenzy.

Pants
12-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I understood exactly what she posted, but to state unequivocally this is the worst disaster of our lifetime only days afterward when other natural disasters initially killed thousands more is just overreactionary press, with people like Denise feeding in the frenzy.

Yeah, yeah, I'm with you 100% here.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:52 PM
That is possible, but you were the one running with it as fact before it occurred, even after I stated that it was too early to be running with such numbers.

If Guliani posts on this board, I would tell him the same thing. As it is, you were the rumor monger. The death toll may be phenomenal, but to start making estimates is just stupid.

Uh, I don't think I was running with anything. I think the initial numbers were based on how many people worked there as they had no means of counting who was fleeing.

Just as they have no means of counting who was floating out to sea in this tragedy. But at some point the missing will be counted as dead and will add to the total.

Snakey
12-30-2004, 06:53 PM
It's Bush's fault. Let's rationalize and minimalize. It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

Pants
12-30-2004, 06:54 PM
It's Bush's fault. Let's rationalize and minimalize. It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.

:spock:

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Uh, I don't think I was running with anything. I think the initial numbers were based on how many people worked there as they had no means of counting who was fleeing.

Just as they have no means of counting who was floating out to sea in this tragedy. But at some point the missing will be counted as dead and will add to the total.

Which is EXACTLY why statements like "the worst disaster" without having all the facts makes you look like frenetic overreactionary.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:55 PM

Uh, I stated yesterday that my criteria for this was that it impacted two continents, two hemispheres, at least 12 countries, caused the earth rotation to alter slightly, and was going to cost billions of dollars in destruction/reconstruction costs....

not even withstanding the ultimate death toll or eventual long term impact to the region.

This is not merely 120k folks being too stupid to run from a big wave...

Skip Towne
12-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Dense just wants to keep the disaster going so she can get attention. She loves tragedy and disaster and I wish she would die.

Pants
12-30-2004, 06:56 PM
I wish she would die.

Ahahahahaha. Skip, you da shit.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Dense just wants to keep the disaster going so she can get attention. She loves tragedy and disaster and I wish she would die.

Wow, that is mighty nice of you. What a guy!!! :thumb:

If you are too big an idiot to realize this will go on regardless of what I say or do then, well, you are a big freakin idiot...

alanm
12-30-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry, Death and destruction just doesn't appeal to me this evening. The Grim Reaper just may be holding a apprenticeship open for you De nice when the time comes. :hmmm:

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry, Death and destruction just doesn't appeal to me this evening. The Grim Reaper just may be holding a apprenticeship open for you De nice when the time comes. :hmmm:

Well then perhaps you should not click on the link. I know the curiousity got the better of ya but then who's fault is that? Yours because you have no stones or mine because you can't resist the temptation?

alanm
12-30-2004, 07:04 PM
I wonder what God is punishing these poor turd-worlders for. Gods way of controlling the over population.:hmmm:

Skip Towne
12-30-2004, 07:05 PM
I wish Skip wouldn't mince words so much. I get the feeling that at times he's not saying what he really feels for fear of offending.
:LOL: I'm trying to be as offensive to the slamdog as possible. Maybe it will drive her to one of the liberal boards and get her fat ass out of here.

alanm
12-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Well then perhaps you should not click on the link. I know the curiousity got the better of ya but then who's fault is that? Yours because you have no stones or mine because you can't resist the temptation? No. Just had to see what you had to say. I'll resist from now on. Thank you. Have a good evening. :)

Pants
12-30-2004, 07:07 PM
:LOL: I'm trying to be as offensive to the slamdog as possible. Maybe it will drive her to one of the liberal boards and get her fat ass out of here.

ENDelt was, uhh using sarcasm there, I think.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:10 PM

ROFL please. But do continue to delude yourself that you have the goods to do it. ROFL ROFL

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:11 PM
No. Just had to see what you had to say. I'll resist from now on. Thank you. Have a good evening. :)

Thank you for the confession.

Have a Happy New Year!!! :thumb:

Skip Towne
12-30-2004, 07:12 PM
While I can appreciate the thought process... and, it is how I often deal with people that irritate me in "real life"... I think it's become apparent by this point that she feeds off negative energy such as this. It won't drive her off so much as encourage her to post more.

All the same, I still chuckle. If she's gonna insist on being around, we might as well get a cheap laugh or two out of it.
Yep, she is one of very few people I feel comfortable treating shitty without the aid of alcohol.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:17 PM
While I can appreciate the thought process... and, it is how I often deal with people that irritate me in "real life"... I think it's become apparent by this point that she feeds off negative energy such as this. It won't drive her off so much as encourage her to post more.

All the same, I still chuckle. If she's gonna insist on being around, we might as well get a cheap laugh or two out of it.

The only negative energy on this thread was people clicking on it and then :deevee: they had too much tsunami talk...

like they are too big of morons to figure out what the subject was going to be. ROFL

The blogs themselves have lots of great information both positive and negative about the topic.

Valiant
12-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Well then perhaps you should not click on the link. I know the curiousity got the better of ya but then who's fault is that? Yours because you have no stones or mine because you can't resist the temptation?

Then why do you not follow your own advice for 90% of your posts???

go bo
12-30-2004, 07:23 PM
:LOL: I'm trying to be as offensive to the slamdog as possible. Maybe it will drive her to one of the liberal boards and get her fat ass out of here.what's a "slamdog"?

it sounds bad somehow, but i never heard that expression before...

Pants
12-30-2004, 07:23 PM
The only negative energy on this thread was people clicking on it and then :deevee: they had too much tsunami talk...

like they are too big of morons to figure out what the subject was going to be. ROFL

The blogs themselves have lots of great information both positive and negative about the topic.

I wanted to tell what I thought about making a thread like this and why it wouldn't be too popular. I didn't click the links and don't intend too. Once again, I get to see why people hate you so much here.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:27 PM
I wanted to tell what I thought about making a thread like this and why it wouldn't be too popular. I didn't click the links and don't intend too. Once again, I get to see why people hate you so much here.

You should click the links. There are some amazing stories and pictures that are taking their time being reported on the networks. Good and bad stories.

And a few people hate me but that is their deal, not mine. If someone bothers me I don't allow them to pollute my day, I don't bother with them. I've been taught the opposite of love is not hate but indifference...

the fact that some here CHOOSE to be bothered and have hate is a hoot!!! Someone would choose to be bothered, choose to be angered, choose to feel hate. Again, their issues, not mine.

Pants
12-30-2004, 07:34 PM
You should click the links. There are some amazing stories and pictures that are taking their time being reported on the networks. Good and bad stories.

And a few people hate me but that is their deal, not mine. If someone bothers me I don't allow them to pollute my day, I don't bother with them. I've been taught the opposite of love is not hate but indifference...

the fact that some here CHOOSE to be bothered and have hate is a hoot!!! Someone would choose to be bothered, choose to be angered, choose to feel hate. Again, their issues, not mine.

So should I take you calling me a "big moron" as love, hate or indifference?

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:35 PM
So should I take you calling me a "big moron" as love, hate or indifference?

I don't see you whining. You stated you checked it out and decided not to click the links.

I saw your comment about Faux News. You have my undying love. ;) :p

KCWolfman
12-30-2004, 07:40 PM
You have my undying love. ;) :p
That's gonna take some free clinic time to clear up

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:40 PM
I believe I already posted that you thrived on negative energy on this thread. But, thanks for the reaffirmation from the horse's mouth, I guess.

And as I stated the negative energy came from the :deevee: who posted they were tired of the topic. I'm quite sure there are folks who are not and are just quietly checking out the links and wish the topic would not be hijacked by morons...

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:41 PM
That's gonna take some free clinic time to clear up

ROFL

Skip Towne
12-30-2004, 07:43 PM

I clicked on it to let your stupid ass know I had had enough of your doom and gloom. Go f*ck yourself ditchpig.

memyselfI
12-30-2004, 07:45 PM
I clicked on it to let your stupid ass know I had had enough of your doom and gloom. Go f*ck yourself ditchpig.

Well you've said it and yet you keep coming back...

exhibiting more than one addictive behavior???? :hmmm:

bogie
12-30-2004, 08:19 PM
As I'm not up on the Planet social history, what exactly did memyselfI do to piss everyone off at her?

Skip Towne
12-30-2004, 08:44 PM
As I'm not up on the Planet social history, what exactly did memyselfI do to piss everyone off at her?
Which time? She is the most hated poster on the board. She doesn't even have a close competitor.

SoCalRaider
12-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Extremely graphic photo... click at your own risk.

http://homepage.mac.com/jlgolson/ruumiita4ft.jpg

memyselfI
12-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Extremely graphic photo... click at your own risk.

http://homepage.mac.com/jlgolson/ruumiita4ft.jpg

:deevee:

Hopefully these folks have been counted and are RIP with their loved ones knowing their fate. So sad.

Demonpenz
12-31-2004, 04:06 PM
i wonder if any companies that outsourced jobs to other countries were hit by the wave

Garcia Bronco
12-31-2004, 04:17 PM
i wonder if any companies that outsourced jobs to other countries were hit by the wave

I hope so.

Otter
12-31-2004, 04:57 PM
I hope someday Denise will share the story of who and how her world was rocked by, I'd find it interesting after reading so many takes.