PDA

View Full Version : Smoot might be an option at Corner....

dtebbe
12-30-2004, 06:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1956018

Looks like he may be moving on. He is a solid #1 corner IMHO, the question is will someone offer him funny-money?

DT

bricks
12-30-2004, 06:33 PM
god I hope we sign the guy!

Pants
12-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Somebody here said he was burned on a consistant basis this season.

Alphaman
12-30-2004, 07:34 PM
I thought he was going to be a restricted free agent, but if he's finishing his 4th year, he'll be unrestricted. If he doesn't get franchised, then absolutely we should be all over him.

Thig Lyfe
12-30-2004, 07:41 PM
I hope so. Just about anybody is better than Bartee and McCleon

wazu
12-30-2004, 07:55 PM
We can't afford him. Lamar Hunt is broke and has no cash, per Carl.

BigChiefFan
12-30-2004, 08:29 PM
We won't get him. We never land the top dogs in FA.

PastorMikH
12-30-2004, 08:30 PM
I guess we could see if he wants to come in and compete for the nickleback spot.

whoman69
12-30-2004, 08:37 PM
I guess we could see if he wants to come in and compete for the nickleback spot.
Maybe Barber will try to talk him into coming here. It worked so well with Hugh Douglas.

ZootedGranny
12-30-2004, 09:17 PM
He'll end up staying in Washington, but should he somehow get out, the Chiefs will not pony up the money that several other teams would throw at him.

Smoot is a good young corner, easily better than anything we have, but I don't think he'll be worth the contract he'll eventually get.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2004, 09:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1956018

Looks like he may be moving on. He is a solid #1 corner IMHO, the question is will someone offer him funny-money?

DT

i dont think he's a #1 ... but he's a good #2

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Gary Baxter is who we should sign instead of Smoot.

the Talking Can
12-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Smoot's a #1....I hope we make an offer, but if he want's Bailey type cash then no way...we could use his fire on D, he's a talker....

alpha_omega
12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Wishful thinking.
I would be excited if i thought there was a remote possibility.

Freekofnature
12-30-2004, 09:59 PM
He has been the best CB in the NFL this season.

WHoever said he was burned consistently is smoking pot.

Also Shawn Springs has been playing outta his mind tho.

teedubya
12-30-2004, 10:08 PM
we always look for guys who could possibly be good. They get the mid FA's... not the Top Dog... not since Joe/Marcus... it aint happening.

bricks
12-30-2004, 10:09 PM
I have one problem with Smoot's game, he can't tackle worth a dime!

Freekofnature
12-30-2004, 10:11 PM
You guys cant get Smoot anyway.

THere is no way they let Smoot go unless something ridiculous happens.

bricks
12-30-2004, 10:12 PM
You guys cant get Smoot anyway.

THere is no way they let Smoot go unless something ridiculous happens.

are you a Chiefs fan? Or no? :hmmm:

Freekofnature
12-30-2004, 10:23 PM
are you a Chiefs fan? Or no? :hmmm:
nope

teedubya
12-30-2004, 10:31 PM
his six bars of red, may be an indication.

QuikSsurfer
12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
I have one problem with Smoot's game, he can't tackle worth a dime!

Not to mention the cock master went to Mississippi State.... I go to Ole Miss .. :) So of course I don't like the guy BUT he would make a solid backup behind Warfield and McCleon (as we know Dick isn't going to put someone in front of those guys).

Deberg_1990
12-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Not to mention the cock master went to Mississippi State.... I go to Ole Miss .. :) So of course I don't like the guy BUT he would make a solid backup behind Warfield and McCleon (as we know Dick isn't going to put someone in front of those guys).

True, he would have to beat out Bartee if he came here.

ZootedGranny
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Gary Baxter is who we should sign instead of Smoot.

I've yet to understand the fascination with Baxter across this board, other than him simply being an upgrade over Bartee/McCleon. He's nothing special, and certainly not on Smoot's level.

Certainly an upgrade over Bartee and McCleon though.

QuikSsurfer
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
True, he would have to beat out Bartee if he came here.

ehhh i think DV would put him up against McCleon.. being that they're old pals from the glory days and all. McCleon would get the start even though Smoot would be a blanket on the receivers.. all because he gives DV hugs and kisses.

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2004, 11:27 PM
I've yet to understand the fascination with Baxter across this board, other than him simply being an upgrade over Bartee/McCleon. He's nothing special, and certainly not on Smoot's level.

Certainly an upgrade over Bartee and McCleon though.

Big, Fast, good cover man, former safety, cheaper than Smoot = future Chief CB

bricks
12-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Baxter is inconsistent. we wouldn't want him believe me. Smoot is better than any corner we have, when it comes to man-man coverage, he beats out Warfield, Bartee, and McCleon. But, he is an awful tackler. Plus, he thinks he's amazing(don't think that will go well with Vermeil). I'd like to see Woodson here. He's the best all round CB available. I have never seen anybody cover the best receiver in the league(R.Moss) the way he did. Problem with Woodson is, he plays when he wants to, ala Chester McClockton type. When he plays he's awesome. But, the raiders will probably franchise him. Just to keep him away from us. I guess that leaves us with no option but to go after Ken Lucas. :shrug:

RNR
12-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Baxter is inconsistent. we wouldn't want him believe me. Smoot is better than any corner we have, when it comes to man-man coverage, he beats out Warfield, Bartee, and McCleon. But, he is an awful tackler. Plus, he thinks he's amazing(don't think that will go well with Vermeil). I'd like to see Woodson here. He's the best all round CB available. I have never seen anybody cover the best receiver in the league(R.Moss) the way he did. Problem with Woodson is, he plays when he wants to, ala Chester McClockton type. When he plays he's awesome. But, the raiders will probably franchise him. Just to keep him away from us. I guess that leaves us with no option but to go after Ken Lucas. :shrug:
If you want C-Wood you will have to pay huge, the other problem is he has had a hard time staying on the field, the last couple of years he has had the injury bug.

bricks
12-31-2004, 09:55 AM
If you want C-Wood you will have to pay huge, the other problem is he has had a hard time staying on the field, the last couple of years he has had the injury bug.

Same thing can be said for guys like Fred Taylor, he fought off the injury bug, maybe Woodson can. I have no problems if the Chiefs payed the big bucks for Woodson. Do you think the Raiders will franchise him?

RNR
12-31-2004, 10:05 AM
Same thing can be said for guys like Fred Taylor, he fought off the injury bug, maybe Woodson can. I have no problems if the Chiefs payed the big bucks for Woodson. Do you think the R-aiders will franchise him? I don't have a clue, and have not heard anything one way or another.

Frankie
12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Maybe Barber will try to talk him into coming here. It worked so well with Hugh Douglas.

Thank you lord!

Freekofnature
12-31-2004, 10:49 AM
He is not the same kid coming outta college anymore. Hardworking and Humble now a days.

The kid is great and is playing like a shutdown corner right now. The only corner in the league right now who is worthy of that title.

He isnt a good tackler,but he tries and agressively goes after people.