PDA

View Full Version : Time to predict next year ...

royr17
12-31-2004, 01:34 AM
Time to predict what you think will be the chiefs 53-man roster next season, so here we go here's mine :

QB : Trent Green, Todd Collins, Draft Pick
RB : Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Jonathan Smith
FB : Tony Richardson, Kris Wilson
WR : Eddie Kennison, Samie Parker, Marc Boerigter, Dante Hall, Richard Smith
TE : Tony Gonzalez, Jason Dunn, Kris Wilson
LT : Willie Roaf, Kevin Sampson
LG : Brian Waters, Chris Bober
C : Casey Wiegmann, Draft Pick
RG : Will Shields, Brett Williams
RT : Jordan Black, John Welbourn

LE : Draft Pick, Eric Hicks, Gary Stills
LT : Ryan Sims, John Browning
RT : Junior Siavii, Lional Daton
RE : Jared Allen, Jimmy Wilkerson
LLB : Scott Fujita, Quinton Caver
MLB : Kawika Mitchell, Rich Scanlon
RLB : Monty Beisel, Keyaron Fox (he may beat out Beisel, but he'll have to show it in training camp and offseason workouts)
CB : Gary Baxter, Eric Warfield, Benny Sapp, Julian Battle
FS : Jerome Woods (hope he's gone too old and slow and on decline), Shaunard Harts
SS : Greg Wesley, Willie Pile

K : Lawrence Tynes
P : Nick Murphy (just a guess)
LS : Kendall Gammon
RS : Dante Hall

There's mine, I only put draft pick down for a few because of players that i thought had chance of making the team.

Players gone from the list include Damon Huard, Derrick Blaylock, Omar Easy, Johnnie Morton, Chris Horn (tough choice but i think Richard Smith is gonna beat him out of the spot), Vonnie Holliday (I want hicks gone but gunther wont let him go), Fred Jones (gone special teams other positions needed to take care of), Mike Maslowski (injury prone, looks to be finished), Shawn Barber (not worth what he is making), Dexter McCleon, and William Bartee (BURNTEE SUCKS BIG TIME).

Phobia
12-31-2004, 01:38 AM
I want Rich Scanton and half the defense gone.

royr17
12-31-2004, 01:42 AM
well wish for what you want but it aint going to happen.

royr17
12-31-2004, 01:42 AM
no way Scanlon is gone DV and co already said they love his potential.

RealSNR
12-31-2004, 01:46 AM
I want a FA LB in there. Fujita is a backup on any other team but this one.

I'm ready to ditch Caver too. He's a POS. Jones is still a decent ST player and IIRC has played well when given mop-up duty in game times. He might stick around.

I want to see at least 2 draft picks and 2 FAs in the defensive backfield (including LBs, yes)

Phobia
12-31-2004, 01:46 AM
I'll bet you $20 Rich Scanlon does not make the opening day active roster in 2005.

Time to put up or shut up.

Logical
12-31-2004, 01:59 AM

Link please?

|Zach|
12-31-2004, 02:00 AM
Do you realize how many good players who coaches "love the potential" of are let go each year?

Hammock Parties
12-31-2004, 02:04 AM
I would love to know what Scanlon has done to separate himself from the other 9 losers covering kicks.

Answer: nothing.

|Zach|
12-31-2004, 02:06 AM
I would love to know what Scanlon has done to separate himself from the other 9 losers covering kicks.

Dude, you have not given him a chance.

royr17
12-31-2004, 02:29 AM
Exactly he hasnt been given the chance, the dude will be a good MLB if ever given the chance i still believe that. But its not what i believe its what yall believe isnt that right ?

Pants
12-31-2004, 02:31 AM
Exactly he hasnt been given the chance, the dude will be a good MLB if ever given the chance i still believe that. But its not what i believe its what yall believe isnt that right ?

So are you gonna bet the money or keep moaning?

|Zach|
12-31-2004, 02:31 AM
Exactly he hasnt been given the chance
Yes. He has.

royr17
12-31-2004, 03:30 AM
And what chance is that ZachKC ? Huh, what chance the only time he gets is on special teams cause of our boneheaded coaches.

And yes I will bet on the money that he makes it. Im going to keep backing up my man no matter what.

The guy has talent its just DV and Gun are so far stuck up Mitchell its unreal, yes Mitchell is getting better but i have seen Scanlon do some things better than Mitchell.

Now please dont get me started on this. I told you i was done with this subject and dont want to get into it again.

I was just putting who I think makes the team.

el borracho
12-31-2004, 09:55 AM

Scanlon really has a nose for the penalty. You can't teach that.

ChiTown
12-31-2004, 10:01 AM
We're in deep doo doo if Monty Beisel is the opening day starter at WILL. Sorry, but dude is way to slow to play the Weakside. He's a backup MLB and ST's player, and nothing more.

Mr. Laz
12-31-2004, 10:58 AM
I'll bet you $20 Rich Scanlon does not make the opening day active roster in 2005.

Time to put up or shut up.

i'm in ...

you covering my $20 too, Royr17?

RNR
12-31-2004, 11:00 AM
ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-31-2004, 11:07 AM
We're in deep doo doo if Monty Beisel is the opening day starter at WILL. Sorry, but dude is way to slow to play the Weakside. He's a backup MLB and ST's player, and nothing more.

AND .... he's still better than Mitchell at MLB at this point. :mad:

Deberg_1990
12-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Id be happy if the Chiefs could somehow trade up to get a stud LB like Johnson and then pick up Woodson or Smoot in Free Agency.

Scanfan55
12-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Here we go with another bash Scanlon thread, eh? Roy... don't feed it. Rich will do just fine.

And, didn't he make a fumble recovery which was thrown out because of another player's penalty?

redbrian
12-31-2004, 11:18 AM

Sounds like he would fit the faider profile to a T.

ChiTown
12-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Here we go with another bash Scanlon thread, eh? Roy... don't feed it. Rich will do just fine.

And, didn't he make a fumble recovery which was thrown out because of another player's penalty?

That was a nice fumble recovery, btw. That said, he'll get whacked by the 2nd preseason game in 2005. JMHO.

Scanfan55
12-31-2004, 11:30 AM
What's your prediction based on ChiTown?

SBK
12-31-2004, 11:34 AM
Keep fuggin doubting Rich Scanlon :cuss::cuss::cuss:

NY CHIEF
12-31-2004, 11:40 AM
:hmmm: I hope rich gets in on sunday to show his stuff at mlb. That will keep this thread going to next years kickoff STFU

Thig Lyfe
12-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Id be happy if the Chiefs could somehow trade up to get a stud LB like Johnson and then pick up Woodson or Smoot in Free Agency.

Ye, but that would require a competent front office.

Oh well, maybe next GM.

ChiTown
12-31-2004, 12:15 PM
What's your prediction based on ChiTown?

Some of this, some of that, and a lot of speculation. My prediction is really based in hope. Most of our current starters should be back-ups. If the backups are still there, then that must mean we didn't improve the quality of player coming into camp. I'm hopeful, that if we really want to make a change, we'll get some LB's in that can be difference makers, not space takers. Rich Scanlon, while a nice player, should never see the field as a LB.

yoswif
12-31-2004, 02:50 PM
Due to considerable talk about lack of talent on defense, I'd expect about a third of the defensive players to be new. More speed, better tackling, and tighter coverage in the back 7 is critical, imo.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Ye, but that would require a competent front office.

Oh well, maybe next GM.

These are exactly the kinds of bold moves that "alledged" Super Bowl Contenders should be making.Look at what New England did last year. They won the Super Bowl and still went out and got Dillon because they knew where their weakness was. Its time for Carl to put up or shut up. If he doesnt make some bold moves this offseason, I want him gone after next year.

|Zach|
12-31-2004, 03:36 PM
These are exactly the kinds of bold moves that "alledged" Super Bowl Contenders should be making.Look at what New England did last year. They won the Super Bowl and still went out and got Dillon because they knew where their weakness was. Its time for Carl to put up or shut up. If he doesnt make some bold moves this offseason, I want him gone after next year.
I am not for staying put by any means but making bold moves just to make bold moves has not seemed to work out for the Redskins to much.

Mr. Laz
12-31-2004, 04:00 PM
I am not for staying put by any means but making bold moves just to make bold moves has not seemed to work out for the Redskins to much.

so your saying that Carl sucks as much at his job as snyder and co suck at theirs?

|Zach|
12-31-2004, 04:22 PM
so your saying that Carl sucks as much at his job as snyder and co suck at theirs?
I would have no problem with Carl being shown the door.

royr17
12-31-2004, 05:37 PM

Wow and coming from a K-State fan too.

royr17
12-31-2004, 05:38 PM
i'm in ...

you covering my $20 too, Royr17?

I may, depends on the money i have.

royr17
12-31-2004, 05:39 PM

I know im gonna stick behind him no matter what.

royr17
12-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Some of this, some of that, and a lot of speculation. My prediction is really based in hope. Most of our current starters should be back-ups. If the backups are still there, then that must mean we didn't improve the quality of player coming into camp. I'm hopeful, that if we really want to make a change, we'll get some LB's in that can be difference makers, not space takers. Rich Scanlon, while a nice player, should never see the field as a LB.

And why exactly do you think he should never see the field ? I mean how can show what he's got if he doesnt get the chance to show it on the field ?

Just trying to figure out alot of yalls hatered about Rich.

RealSNR
12-31-2004, 05:47 PM
And why exactly do you think he should never see the field ? I mean how can show what he's got if he doesnt get the chance to show it on the field ?

Just trying to figure out alot of yalls hatered about Rich.It first it was just mocking Scanlon and those who back him. Now it's just annoying.

But still no hatred towards Rich. If that guy ends up kicking ass some day, everyone will eat their words much in the same way they did about Dante Hall.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2004, 05:49 PM

Im not going to sit here and bash Carl on everything. He has done some great things for this team in the past. Hes far from the worst GM in the league and yet far from the greatest as well. IN fact, hes perfectly mediorce and this teams record for the past 10 years or so proves it. the problem is, he seems to have an inflated reputation of himself and acts as if he has won 3 or 4 Super Bowls.

ROYC75
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
If the Chiefs don't upgrade MLB in the draft or FA, It is the opinion of this one that Rich will be on the opening day roster.

Again, it's my opinion...... Happy New year guys !

TEX
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM

I hear you, but the deal is the CHIEFS would NOT be making "bold moves just to make them" as there is no doubt that this team needs defensive talent. Four years of being the worst defense, or near the worst defense, should be all the motivation for making bold moves with a purpose!

ROYC75
12-31-2004, 06:28 PM
I hear you, but the deal is the CHIEFS would NOT be making "bold moves just to make them" as there is no doubt that this team needs defensive talent. Four years of being the worst defense, or near the worst defense, should be all the motivation for making bold moves with a purpose!

Well put, this team better make moves on defense now or the offense will be on the decline.

brent102fire
12-31-2004, 06:42 PM
I think the DL may rotate, but I think Dalton and Siavii should start. Sims hasn't proven that he should be a starter.

OldTownChief
12-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Offence looks great, but if you're anywhere close on defense were looking at another 8-8 / 7-9 season.

Hammock Parties
12-31-2004, 07:39 PM
If the Chiefs don't upgrade MLB in the draft or FA, It is the opinion of this one that Rich will be on the opening day roster.

Hopefully he makes the special teams better.

royr17
12-31-2004, 07:56 PM
The only reason Sims will still be on the team and starting is to give him another chance to prove what he can do if he doesnt than he is gone, after next season.

As far as MLB goes yes Mitchell is getting better but its taking him a long time to get to where he needs to be and im afraid that by the time he has reached his potential it will be too late for this team.

People bash Scanlon and thinks he sucks cause he was undrafted, well he hasnt even been give the chance, I mean you cant judge a guys potential until giving a chance.

I mean you dont know what we have in the player until given a chance just like everybody else. Yes alot of you are getting tired of this stuff about Rich, but the guy is a player and IMHO if the guy wasnt any good he wouldnt be playing in the nfl.

Just my analysis, take it for what its worth. Im willing to give Mitchell another year even though he is getting better but he needs to start improving quicker or will have a new starter at MLB.

PssvAggrssvDck
01-01-2005, 12:18 AM
13-3

We break the curse.

Win three straight in the playoffs, and win the Superbowl.

Lombardi, baby.

Manila-Chief
01-01-2005, 12:23 AM
13-3

We break the curse.

Win three straight in the playoffs, and win the Superbowl.

Lombardi, baby.

Hey Pss,

You trying to get your name on all the threads on the front page? Nice try! I did that once when there was little action on here.

I'll just troll and let you get a post on all the treads!!!

PssvAggrssvDck
01-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey Pss,

You trying to get your name on all the threads on the front page? Nice try! I did that once when there was little action on here.

I'll just troll and let you get a post on all the treads!!!

Yep.

OldTownChief
01-01-2005, 01:49 AM

heh... Any changes to this defense would be so bold would'nt they. Let's just stand pat.

PssvAggrssvDck
01-01-2005, 01:50 AM
heh... Any changes to this defense would be so bold would'nt they. Let's just stand pat.

No shit.

royr17
01-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Bump, Mortons as good as gone if DV and Co heard the comments he made about in 6 hours im out of KC.

royr17
01-03-2005, 11:07 PM
bump

FloridaMan88
01-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Gary Baxter is garbage. Watching him yesterday get abused by Miami's crappy offense he looked like a Bartee clone.

royr17
01-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Gary Baxter would be a pretty good FS IMHO.

RealSNR
01-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Gary Baxter would be a pretty good FS IMHO.Here's another idea. Why don't we just sign a guy who already knows how to play the FS position?

royr17
01-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Umm, actually Baxter does play FS they just have him playing Corner cause they have no one better to start at corner for them.

RealSNR
01-04-2005, 01:44 AM
Umm, actually Baxter does play FS they just have him playing Corner cause they have no one better to start at corner for them.Sorry. But so many years of this converting players to their "natural positions" horseshit makes me uneasy.

royr17
01-04-2005, 01:47 AM
It doesnt matter anymore, but Baxter has the size for Free Safety, I mean come on the dude is 6'2" 215 lbs.

When they had Duane Starks he was the starter at FS but when he left they had to move him to CB cause they had no one that was better then him.