PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner to the Chiefs!?!?!?!

Big Chief Homer
01-01-2005, 03:56 PM
first off Happy new year to everyone here on the planet.

i just caught the end of an interview warner was doing.said he would not be back with the giants next year.He stated he would not feel comfortable being Eli's back up next year but would be interested in being a back up in a system he knows and has a chance at another ring.

I personally hope he doesnt go to K.C.I dont think it would be fair to Trent to put that bad karma on him.Besides the fact that we would have to look at and listen to his wife STFU

My only worry is that vermiel said last year that he would be interested in warner if he wanted to be the back up and back up only.

and with collins and huards contract up this year..... who knows.

on the other hand, god forbid something happens to trent next year,i havent seen enough out of collins to say he could carry the team as the starting qb.

Trent Green---Kurt Warner
Priest Holmes--Larry Johnson
Tony Gonzales--Kris wilson

I would say our starters and back ups would be pretty solid.on offense anyway.I know we've had this discussion before, but what do you guys think.

Rain Man
01-01-2005, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't mind at all having Warner as our second-stringer.

Big Chief Homer
01-01-2005, 03:58 PM
behind our line I think he would be alright.

at least he can throw futher than collins 7 yard outs.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I would take him as a backup, better than Todd Collins! I doubt he'd come here though, he wants to start!

Baby Lee
01-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I would take him as a backup, better than Todd Collins! I doubt he'd come here though, he wants to start!
Exactly. I like the guy, but no way he comes here to back up. All the other indicators aside, it's be too macabre for him to be waiting for Green to get hurt again.

teedubya
01-01-2005, 04:15 PM
id like to know what Trent Green would think about it... Im sure he is a bit bitter, but who knows?

RealSNR
01-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh, the Todd haters are coming out of the woodwork! The new story is that Warner > Collins

I can say that Collins doesn't have a bitchy wife, nor would he miss 4-6 weeks of the season with a broken pinky.

HolmeZz
01-01-2005, 04:25 PM
He's better than Collins.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2005, 04:26 PM
but would be interested in being a back up in a system he knows and has a chance at another ring.
why would Warner think he'd have a chance for a ring in KC??

we just got finish sucking up the league this year

the only way anyone thinks we would have a real chance next year is if we do something in in the offseason to GET them to think that.

anyone care to put odds on whether carl peterson can do that?

Baby Lee
01-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh, the Todd haters are coming out of the woodwork! The new story is that Warner > Collins

I can say that Collins doesn't have a bitchy wife, nor would he miss 4-6 weeks of the season with a broken pinky.
Not to mention all his league MVP awards and his SB win. . . . Oh wait, that's the other guy.

I hope to GOD you simply failed to demonstrate your sarcasm in this post.

RealSNR
01-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Not to mention all his league MVP awards and his SB win. . . . Oh wait, that's the other guy.

I hope to GOD you simply failed to demonstrate your sarcasm in this post.Old Warner or new Warner? The Warner with the MVP awards or the Warner who failed to win a single game his last two seasons with the Rams?

Skip Towne
01-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Only if Brenda is required to stay 500 miles from KC.

gblowfish
01-01-2005, 04:45 PM
We've got plenty of trailer parks in Belton, Olathe or Buckner that Brenda can live in. (I hope she doesn't track me down and kick my ass for that remark...)

whoman69
01-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Certainly Warner would be better than Collins, but if he were satisfied to be a backup, he would have stayed in NY.

elvomito
01-01-2005, 04:56 PM
i'm sure the bears will be talking to warner.

Bowser
01-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Certainly Warner would be better than Collins, but if he were satisfied to be a backup, he would have stayed in NY.

And play under Herr Koughlin?

Too bad Miami has such a horrible O-Line. That team is just begging for a QB, among most everything else.

alpha_omega
01-01-2005, 05:12 PM
...I can say that Collins doesn't have a bitchy wife...

With bad hair

Deberg_1990
01-01-2005, 05:16 PM
At this point, Warner may have no other option but to be a backup somewhere in the league or go into another situation like this year with the Giants where he would be a tutor again for a young stud. He needs to learn to come to grips with that reality.

Big Chief Homer
01-01-2005, 05:30 PM
i'm sure the bears will be talking to warner.

nah,not with grossman healthy next year.im thinking more like arizona

Deberg_1990
01-01-2005, 05:33 PM
nah,not with grossman healthy next year.im thinking more like arizona

Yep, Denny Green loves the old washed up veterans that no one else wants. See Randall Cunningham and Jeff George.

Big Chief Homer
01-01-2005, 05:35 PM
At this point, Warner may have no other option but to be a backup somewhere in the league or go into another situation like this year with the Giants where he would be a tutor again for a young stud. He needs to learn to come to grips with that reality.

i didnt catch the whole interview,but it sounded like he has come to terms with the fact no one wants him as a starter.I dont think he has any faith in coughlin and sounded alittle peeved that he was told he would start the whole first season and didnt.

He sounded like he just wants out of NY.

with the relationship between him and vermiel id almost bet hed rather hold trents clip board than eli's next year.I just hope it wouldnt bring bad mojo to trent.

Bowser
01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't mind Warner as our #2, but it could be a strange situation for Trent.

Big Chief Homer
01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Yep, Denny Green loves the old washed up veterans that no one else wants. See Randall Cunningham and Jeff George.
ROFL :clap:

thats the same thing i was thinkin'

Deberg_1990
01-01-2005, 05:39 PM
i didnt catch the whole interview,but it sounded like he has come to terms with the fact no one wants him as a starter.I dont think he has any faith in coughlin and sounded alittle peeved that he was told he would start the whole first season and didnt.

He sounded like he just wants out of NY.

with the relationship between him and vermiel id almost bet hed rather hold trents clip board than eli's next year.I just hope it wouldnt bring bad mojo to trent.

I wouldnt mind him here i guess, he can still play and he proved it this year. IMO the Giants did pull the plug on him too early because they were 5-2 at the time, then they lost like 4 or 5 in a row after that? Either way, If we get him great, if not, no big deal either. Its sad that his career once so promising has come to that.

brent102fire
01-01-2005, 05:41 PM
I saw another interview Warner did last week. He said he feels he can be and should be a starter in the league and was going to pursue that. I don't know why he would be comfortable being a backup on another team...that's what he is right now and he has a major problem with it. :shrug:

Bowser
01-01-2005, 05:44 PM
I saw another interview Warner did last week. He said he feels he can be and should be a starter in the league and was going to pursue that. I don't know why he would be comfortable being a backup on another team...that's what he is right now and he has a major problem with it. :shrug:

I'm with DeBerg by saying he got screwed for getting the short leash in NY. But I guess when you have a Manning on your team, you can't let him sit and learn.

I could see him starting in 'Zona or Miami, especially if Miami takes Cedric Benson with their first pick.

Big Chief Homer
01-01-2005, 05:45 PM
I wouldnt mind him here i guess, he can still play and he proved it this year. IMO the Giants did pull the plug on him too early because they were 5-2 at the time, then they lost like 4 or 5 in a row after that? Either way, If we get him great, if not, no big deal either. Its sad that his career once so promising has come to that.

They probably would have made the playoffs this year if they left him in.Eli hasnt won a game yet,sort of a bizarro Roethisberger.

I feel the same.good if hes here good if hes not.,but i would feel alittle better about the backup qb.

then we would need a qbotf.

chiefs4me
01-01-2005, 05:49 PM
If he can help us win then i am all for it,,you here me CARL,,

we are tired of losing,,we wanna win

brent102fire
01-01-2005, 05:50 PM
I definately wouldn't mind Warner being a backup in KC. I would feel a whole lot better knowing he would be backing up Trent. However, I think Kurt(and his wife) wants to be a starter somewhere and there are some teams that may want him(Miami, Arizona, SF, Dallas, Cleveland, Chicago and TB). Plus, what contract $ would he want and could that $ be better spent on the D? :hmmm:

andoman
01-01-2005, 06:45 PM
He should go to Denver. They need a quarterback in a bad way.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2005, 06:51 PM
The problem with Warner is that he'd be like this vulture waiting for something to happen to Green so he could get in the game. Personally, I think the guy is a drama queen who had two very, very good years but hasn't done much of anything the last four seasons.

Baby Lee
01-01-2005, 06:57 PM
FTR - He led them to a 5-2 record, then they lost 2 straight. They were 5-4 at the switch.

Terribilis
01-01-2005, 07:45 PM
He will be a bear- you know Lovie would want him. And they need solid backup insurance in Chicago.

StcChief
01-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Let Da Bears have him.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2005, 09:01 PM
FTR - He led them to a 5-2 record, then they lost 2 straight. They were 5-4 at the switch.

ah..ok, thanks. He might not have made the team any better then than Manning has. I think they somewhat overachieved at the begninning of the year.

RealSNR
01-01-2005, 09:10 PM
ROFL :clap:

thats the same thing i was thinkin'Don't you find it odd how BOTH of those QBs made the Pro Bowl under Denny, though?

ChiefsFanInIndy
01-01-2005, 09:14 PM
If Warner is not happy being backup in New York why would you think he would be happy being backup in KC? But no worries, Chiefs aren't that stupid.

milkman
01-01-2005, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't mind Warner as our #2, but it could be a strange situation for Trent.

I don't think having Kurt Warner as a B/U would affect Trent in any way.
Trent has shown he's a leader, and a man of character.

That being said, I wouldn't care to see Warner in KC.

He just isn't the same guy that won MVPs.

tommykat
01-01-2005, 10:03 PM

I agree.......Trent is the man, but I sorta wonder if Warner wouldn't be OK with being 2nd to Trent? Just curious....

Bowser
01-01-2005, 10:07 PM

What I meant by saying that was that if Warner does decide to come here, it would be a media circus all year long. And, if Trent does happen to get dinged up and miss significant time, the media would constantly be in Trent's grill asking him this-that-or the other about the '99 season.

All that being said, I would think it would be a decent move to have him as our #2, but not detrimental if we don't get him. And I disagree about him not having MVP ability. I think Mike Martz just did a world class job in screwing up Warner's confidence. In the right place, he just might find his groove again. He looked like he was coming along in NY, when Herr Koughlin decided to sit him in favor of NFL royalty.