PDA

View Full Version : KU just thrashed Georgia Tech

RealSNR
01-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Awesome :thumb:

royr17
01-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh YEA KU BABY thats RIGHt time to REPRESENT all you KU BASKETBALL HATERS !!!

HA HA HA. Bring it KENTUCKY, im ready for us to beat there asses down to the GROUND !!!

HC_Chief
01-01-2005, 04:32 PM
RCJGKU
:KU:

Baby Lee
01-01-2005, 04:37 PM
RCJGKU
One tick to the right, there.

Lzen
01-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Boy, I tell ya what, the Jayhawks will manage without Wayne. Albeit, it will be tough. But if they lose Miles for any signifigant amount of time, they are screwed. Aaron Miles singlehandedly willed KU back into this game. What a great leader. :thumb: I love Wayne Simien but, they have guys that can pick up the scoring if need be. Miles is their QB and their leader. Robinson will be a good player but, he still turns over the ball too much and hasn't shown the leadership qualities you expect out of your PG.

SBK
01-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't call a 2 point win in overtime a thrashing, but it is a good win for you.

Skip Towne
01-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't call a 2 point win in overtime a thrashing, but it is a good win for you.
You wouldn't? You must be a n00b.

SBK
01-01-2005, 07:22 PM
You wouldn't? You must be a n00b.

Why do you insist on making me cry with such nasty insults?

Baby Lee
01-01-2005, 07:26 PM
when you're down 16, you need to do a little thrashing to win.

teedubya
01-01-2005, 07:50 PM
it was an amazing game... I cheered loudly many times... I really wish that Giddens would drive the lane more... But man, this win was great... Bring on Kentucky on 01-09-05... im ready.

OldTownChief
01-01-2005, 09:43 PM
That was an awesome game, it felt like a final four. I'll be glad when Wayne gets back.

Skip Towne
01-01-2005, 09:53 PM
That was an awesome game, it felt like a final four. I'll be glad when Wayne gets back.
We all will. This will help us next year getting the frosh some pressure minutes.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Back up to the top!!

What an amazing game :thumb:
Reminded me, a bit, of the UCLA come-back victory in the 90s under 'ol Roy.

jcroft
01-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah, that was a terrific game to watch. Very exciting. Jarret Jack is a ****ing stud.

Glad the Hawks pulled it out. I really believe this stretch w/o Wayne will be good for the team in the long run...and they just might manage to keep winning in the meantime, too.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Jarret Jack is a ****ing stud.
No doubt. Of course, he had Langford on him all day.... Keith is far from what you would consider a good defender.

Saulbadguy
01-03-2005, 10:04 AM
They measured the crowd noise at 122db.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 10:07 AM
They measured the crowd noise at 122db.

Wow :eek: That's freaking loud.

I heard the last play in regulation got botched because the players couldn't hear Self's intructions. Bill wanted them to set a screen to free up Langford for the last shot. Instead, they spread and allowed a double-team on Keith.... missed shot, OT.

You kno it's loud when you can't hear your coach draw up a play during a TO. :D

redbrian
01-03-2005, 10:12 AM

Let’s see KU ranked number 2, playing at home, and has to take the lower ranked opponenet into overtime (after trailing all game) to pull one out of their asses, and this is a thrasing according to the rabid fans?

It sounds more like a wake up call to me, KU had best get it’s act toghther if it wants to get any where in the dance, or face it’s recent history of choking away it’s opportunities.

Saulbadguy
01-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Let’s see KU ranked number 2, playing at home, and has to take the lower ranked opponenet into overtime (after trailing all game) to pull one out of their asses, and this is a thrasing according to the rabid fans?

It sounds more like a wake up call to me, KU had best get it’s act toghther if it wants to get any where in the dance, or face it’s recent history of choking away it’s opportunities.
:spock:

Especially since Wayne Simien was out.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 10:16 AM
:spock:

Especially since Wayne Simien was out.

Ignore him... bitter tigger fan with no clue ;)

Bearcat
01-03-2005, 10:26 AM

All joking about the "thrashing" aside, you've GOT to be kidding.....

A lower ranked opponent? If you think there's much difference between 1 and 20, much less 2 top ten teams, then you really need to watch more college basketball.

Granted, they've gotten off to some slow starts, the hi-low is all about Wayne Simien. If anything, it's wake up call for the rest of the nation.... down by 16, our Roy Williams' teams would have lost. There were those games under Williams that we looked like crap, and I could tell in the first few minutes if they weren't on their game.... and they'd almost always lose. This game showed a lot about the team's toughness... just like Self said, sometimes you have to win ugly.

Lzen
01-03-2005, 10:34 AM

Are you truly this dumb? Final Four 3 years ago. Championship game 2 years ago. Elite Eight last year. I would hardly call that choking away anything. Bitter little Tigger. :shake: All this without KU's best player, Wayne Simien. Hey, how's that Davison team? ROFL Or Creighton? Or Houston? Shall I go on? :p

Saulbadguy
01-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Are you truly this dumb? Final Four 3 years ago. Championship game 2 years ago. Elite Eight last year. I would hardly call that choking away anything. Bitter little Tigger. :shake: All this without KU's best player, Wayne Simien. Hey, how's that Davison team? ROFL Or Creighton? Or Houston? Shall I go on? :p
Creighton sucks. Houston isn't great. I don't know bout Davidson.

Lzen
01-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Back up to the top!!

What an amazing game :thumb:
Reminded me, a bit, of the UCLA come-back victory in the 90s under 'ol Roy.

I thought of the same thing. I believe it was with Jaque Vaughn and company in 95 or maybe 97. They were down by 15 to UCLA and came back to win it. I remember another game they were playing at Cincinnati and were down by 15 or so and came back to win it. :thumb:

For any of the haters out there, GT is a good team. They were in the championship game last year and have pretty much their whole team back this year. They will be there in the end.

the Talking Can
01-03-2005, 10:40 AM

god MU fans ae stupid

we were playing without the National Player of the Year candidate Wayne Simien, who just happens to be our only post presence and average about 20 points and 10 rebounds...

let me repeat: you are a freaking moron....and you lost to Davidson....at home...

Lzen
01-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Creighton sucks. Houston isn't great. I don't know bout Davidson.

Well, Creighton is currently ranked 107 in the RPI. Their record is 9-4. They haven't played any good teams with the exception of Ohio State (they won in OT) and Kent State (they lost 67-58).

Houston is 8-5 and their RPI is 63. Washington just kicked their asses 110-63. They haven't played anyone ranked better than 100 in the RPI with the exception of Washington(5), Rice(19), and Ohio State(24). They lost to all 3 of those teams. ROFL

Davidson is 2-7. Need I say more.
:shake:

ArrowheadHawk
01-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Well, Creighton is currently ranked 107 in the RPI. Their record is 9-4. They haven't played any good teams with the exception of Ohio State (they won in OT) and Kent State (they lost 67-58).

Houston is 8-5 and their RPI is 63. Washington just kicked their asses 110-63. They haven't played anyone ranked better than 100 in the RPI with the exception of Washington(5), Rice(19), and Ohio State(24). They lost to all 3 of those teams. ROFL

:shake:don't be so mean they might make the postseason...they looked alright lately but ku will still whip their arses

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 10:58 AM
MU <i>did</i> pull one out of their ass against Gonzaga.

That team is schizo - look like complete crap, have absolutely NOTHING at the point, then manage to throw in prayer after prayer and beat a legitimately good basketball team.

redbrian
01-03-2005, 10:59 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

But....but....but....we had one of our players out....we got close and lost in (the elite, final four), but that's not choking……the difference between 1st and 20th is nothing……..were great your not…….

God I love a good laugh in the morning, you guys are as predictable as the sun coming up in the east.

Keep those blinders on, come this spring it will hide your tears as you fail once again to reach the goal (anything less than number one in the dance for the hawks is a failed season).

Lzen
Yeah, don't ask me how they managed that. They have some talent on that team, no doubt. They just have idiots running the show. ROFL

Saulbadguy

:shake:
I hope Creighton is good. Wyoming beat them on their home floor, and KSU beat Wyoming on the road. I don't know if that means anything, but it would be nice. I just figured they aren't very good, heh.

Rice and Ohio State are like KSU and Texas A&M..very weak schedule.

the Talking Can
01-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Davidson has a RPI of 193. That's, umm....respectable?

ArrowheadHawk
ROFL ROFL ROFL

But....but....but....we had one of our players out....we got close and lost in (the elite, final four), but that's not choking……the difference between 1st and 20th is nothing……..were great your not…….

God I love a good laugh in the morning, you guys are as predictable as the sun coming up in the east.

Keep those blinders on, come this spring it will hide your tears as you fail once again to reach the goal (anything less than number one in the dance for the hawks is a failed season).and what is your teams expectations? To bow out in the first round of the NIT?

Saulbadguy
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Keep those blinders on, come this spring it will hide your tears as you fail once again to reach the goal (anything less than number one in the dance for the hawks is a failed season).
I guess nothing is as satisfying as being preseason Top 5 and ending up in the NIT.

ArrowheadHawk
01-03-2005, 11:02 AM
I guess nothing is as satisfying as being preseason Top 5 and ending up in the NIT.rep :thumb:

redbrian
01-03-2005, 11:05 AM
I guess nothing is as satisfying as being preseason Top 5 and ending up in the NIT.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

But MU is always bad, isn’t that what the KU faithful has told us, but you guys are great, the best of the best….Sir.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 11:10 AM
But MU is always bad, isn’t that what the KU faithful has told us, but you guys are great, the best of the best….Sir.

MU <i>is</i> bad... a gawdawful embarassment to the conference. Or did you forget about the recent events: 17 NCAA violations, woeful under-achievement on the court, and the arena being named after a rich brat who PAID SOMEONE ELSE to complete her collegiate work?

Then you have KU: class of the Big XII. Two Final Fours and a NC appearance in the last three seasons. Thankfully OSU, UT, and OU can play hoops... otherwise the cupcake conference schedule would be a complete waste of time and a detriment to KU's tourney preparations.

the Talking Can
01-03-2005, 11:11 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

As long as MU fans understand that they aren't on KU's level, that's fine...and you obviously understand that.

KU loses in Championship game equals "choking" to MU fan.
MU qualifying for N.I.T. and losing in first round equals "success" to MU fan.

I'm ok with that, at least you're being honest about our differences. You don't have illusions of being in the same league as KU. Maybe a MU degree is worth something.

Enjoy probation.

redbrian
01-03-2005, 11:12 AM
MU <i>is</i> bad... a gawdawful embarassment to the conference. Or did you forget about the recent events: 17 NCAA violations, woeful under-achievement on the court, and the arena being named after a rich brat who PAID SOMEONE ELSE to complete her collegiate work?

Then you have KU: class of the Big XII. Two Final Fours and a NC appearance in the last three seasons. Thankfully OSU, UT, and OU can play hoops... otherwise the cupcake conference schedule would be a complete waste of time and a detriment to KU's tourney preparations.

Yea we will forget the year that KU almost recived the death penalty for violations on the football program and basketball program.

redbrian
01-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Maybe a MU degree is worth something.

Enjoy probation.

Since MU has higher academic standards and KU has some of the lowest standards in the Big 12 you might be right.

redbrian
01-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Yea we will forget the year that KU almost recived the death penalty for violations on the football program and basketball program.

Hello....are you there.......no comment on your squeaky clean program?

Saulbadguy
01-03-2005, 11:31 AM
When was that, and what violations occured?

2. Prove that MU has higher academic standards than KU.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 11:33 AM

Are you referring to the airplane ticket for a player so he could attend the funeral of the woman who raised him? THAT horrific violation? Yeah, that's a solid analogy to the 17 NCAA violations, including forging of transcript records and paying players. :rolleyes:

And as if a tigger fan has room to talk about a 'clean' football program... how quickly you've forgotten the little dope-ring your football program was running.

lol

redbrian
01-03-2005, 11:40 AM
When was that, and what violations occured?

2. Prove that MU has higher academic standards than KU.

When the Big 12 was created MU had to lower their standards while KU had to raise their standards so that all schools in the Big 12 would be more equally aligned.

The academic standard for Kansas (primary, secondary and post secondary), are all lower than Missouri’s, do a little research.

Just to start you off the Star recently published a report on last year’s school report cards, in the article they explain how Kansas sets a lower standard for achievement.

redbrian
01-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Are you referring to the airplane ticket for a player so he could attend the funeral of the woman who raised him? THAT horrific violation? Yeah, that's a solid analogy to the 17 NCAA violations, including forging of transcript records and paying players. :rolleyes:

And as if a tigger fan has room to talk about a 'clean' football program... how quickly you've forgotten the little dope-ring your football program was running.

lol

The basketball violation was more than just an airplane ticket, added to the football violations KU did not contest the charges for fear of receiving the death penalty.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 11:45 AM
The basketball violation was more than just an airplane ticket, added to the football violations KU did not contest the charges for fear of receiving the death penalty.

Oh really? Then what was it then? We all know for certain that it had nothing to do with forged transcripts and players receiving money or haning out with the racist chancellor's wife. ;)

Sorry, bitter little tigger fan, it's YOUR team who's on probatin. It's YOUR team who has been an embarassment to the Big XII (both football and basketball), and it's YOUR team who continues to chase a rival's coattails; all the while falling woefully short. :D

redbrian
01-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh really? Then what was it then? We all know for certain that it had nothing to do with forged transcripts and players receiving money

I know reality is something that you don’t like, but if very much was about players receiving money on the basketball program….it was very much KU being banned from the tournament.

Bearcat
01-03-2005, 12:00 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sorry, but I don't see what the problem is with beating a team that could end up in the Final Four again. It's not like GT handed us the game.... we chipped away towards the end of the first half, and overcame some huge baskets by Jack & Co. in the final few minutes of regulation.

If you think a second ranked team at the end of January (or April for that matter) should blow out another top 10 team... home, road, Europe.... then you should really watch much, much more basketball, or just quit watching. I recommend the latter.

I thought KingPriests' "You should be ashamed you didn't blow out Vermont" was about as bad as it could get..... Now we've beaten a ranked team, and it should be a wake up call for KU ROFL

Scoreboard.

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 12:01 PM
I know reality is something that you don’t like, but if very much was about players receiving money on the basketball program….it was very much KU being banned from the tournament.

I call BS on that. Prove it, bitter tigger.

Bearcat
01-03-2005, 12:06 PM
MU did pull one out of their ass against Gonzaga.

That team is schizo - look like complete crap, have absolutely NOTHING at the point, then manage to throw in prayer after prayer and beat a legitimately good basketball team.

Halftime of the GT/KU game, some asshat had Mizzou on their list of teams to look out for. :spock:

Okay, take Notre Dame football..... I can atleast understand a little why they get their ass kissed all the time, no matter how much they lose.... tradition, high standards, blah blah blah.

Mizzou, it seems yearly now, in basketball and football, always ends up in the top 25 one week, or is going to have a great year (by national media standards... not just MU), or is going to surprise people. Could someone tell me why?

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 12:09 PM
<a href="http://www.kusports.com/news/mensbball_archive/story/111952">Here's an article</a> laying-out the differences in the violations and penalties.

NOTE the fact that the KU player never actually played for KU... was a transfer. Also note that the violation was the PURCHASE OF AIRFARE so he could visit his AILING CAREGIVER (grandmother). ALSO note that the NCAA now has a BEREAVMENT CLAUSE which provides for such actions (in '86, there was no such clause... Larry Brown did the right thing, irregardless of what some ignorant tigger fan says) :p

Saulbadguy
01-03-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.big12warzone.com/ubb/graemlins/sanchez.gif

HC_Chief
01-03-2005, 12:32 PM
RCJGKU

redbrian
01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
<a href="http://www.kusports.com/news/mensbball_archive/story/111952">Here's an article</a> laying-out the differences in the violations and penalties.

NOTE the fact that the KU player never actually played for KU... was a transfer. Also note that the violation was the PURCHASE OF AIRFARE so he could visit his AILING CAREGIVER (grandmother). ALSO note that the NCAA now has a BEREAVMENT CLAUSE which provides for such actions (in '86, there was no such clause... Larry Brown did the right thing, irregardless of what some ignorant tigger fan says) :p

"Most notably, Kansas was prohibited from participating in any postseason tournaments in 1988-89. That made KU the only school in NCAA history prevented by probation from defending the men's basketball championship.
The bulk of that money, it was later revealed, was for plane fare so Askew could go back to Memphis and visit his ailing grandmother.

However, not all of the KU violations involved illegal payments to Askew because the infractions committee said it "made additional findings of improper recruiting inducements, contacts and transportation related to the recruitment of this prospective transfer student-athlete, as well as one finding of improper entertainment for a different prospective student-athlete."

Kansas did not contest the penalties, in large part because school officials were breathing a sigh of relief after the NCAA declined to inflict the "death penalty."
KU's football program had been hit with sanctions in 1983, and any school that has major violations within its athletic department in a five-year period can be forced to drop a sport for a year or longer."

Please note it says bulk of the money, which means they paid out money for other things.

Also note the NCAA "made additional findings of improper recruitment of this student.

Also KU did not contest the loss of a season from tournament play.

RealSNR
01-03-2005, 09:32 PM
When the Big 12 was created MU had to lower their standards while KU had to raise their standards so that all schools in the Big 12 would be more equally aligned.

The academic standard for Kansas (primary, secondary and post secondary), are all lower than Missouri’s, do a little research.

Just to start you off the Star recently published a report on last year’s school report cards, in the article they explain how Kansas sets a lower standard for achievement.That's just great. The Tigger fan brings academics into a college basketball rivalry.

It's not like MU is a f*cking Ivy League school. Crowing about that shit over KU when comparing basketball programs nonetheless is simply pathetic.

Pants
01-03-2005, 09:52 PM
MU - #89
KU - #94

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

MU was lower in the 2004 rating, I believe. Still, the difference is not much, redbrian.