PDA

View Full Version : Michigan and Texas game is on. WR and CR for Michigan mentioned by Draft DOOKIES.

warpaint99
01-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Lets not forget all of us here and Texas MLB.

Bowser
01-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Are you trying to type and take a crap at the same time, because that makes no sense.

warpaint99
01-01-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah. not taking my laptop to the john next time !

:deevee: :cuss:

beavis
01-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Are you trying to type and take a crap at the same time, because that makes no sense.
ROFL

royr17
01-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Umm, im sorry but Derrick Johnson is not a MLB he is a OLB.

He may play middle in college but in the pros he will be at OLB.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2005, 06:22 PM
did you see that pass breakup by jackson(michigan) in the 3rd quarter(11:50)

on an out pattern

none of our corners can do that!!! :cuss: :cuss:

CanadaKC
01-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Marlin Jackson is the only player we MAY have a chance at in the draft. Derrick Johnson and Braylan Edwards will be long gone. But if Jackson falls to us....much like Trufant did to the Seahags, Suggs to the Ravens, and Roethlisberger to the Steelers...we'll already declare the draft a success.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Marlin Jackson is the only player we MAY have a chance at in the draft. Derrick Johnson and Braylan Edwards will be long gone. But if Jackson falls to us....much like Trufant did to the Seahags, Suggs to the Ravens, and Roethlisberger to the Steelers...we'll already declare the draft a success.

for real... i've seen him play 2/3 times and he would be our best cover corner by the end of his first year IMO.

unless, of course, Guinta destroys his mind with his complete lack of secondary savvy. :(

Bob Dole
01-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Bob Dole hasn't seen this many passes dropped by a single team since the 2003 Chiefs.

It's hard to form an opinion of the Michigan secondary because nobody in white can catch a damned ball.

SBK
01-01-2005, 07:26 PM
I think Vince Young thinks he's playing the Chiefs. He's looking better than Drew Bennett did against us.

Bob Dole
01-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Vince definitely stepped it up here in the last little bit.

Michael Vick is going to have some competition in a few years.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Vince definitely stepped it up here in the last little bit.

Michael Vick is going to have some competition in a few years.

Yep.

Lots of young, atheletic QBs waiting in the wings.

Bob Dole
01-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Another damned good football game right down to the final seconds.

BigOlChiefsfan
01-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Them teasips are sure enjoying themselves now. Pretty nice finish.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2005, 07:55 PM
good game.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Young will make a nice WR in the NFL

Toad
01-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Braylan Edwards looks like a player. This is the first time I've been able to see him play.

Too bad he will be gone when we pick. He will tear the NFL up.

Logical
01-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Young will make a nice WR in the NFLHe definitely will not be a QB but he has a ton of talent and could be a fit somewhere.

Bob Dole
01-02-2005, 09:34 AM
He definitely will not be a QB but he has a ton of talent and could be a fit somewhere.

You haven't watched much of Texas this year, have you?

If he continues to develop and improve his decision-making, someone will give him a shot at playing QB in the NFL. The kid has an absolutely monster arm.

andoman
01-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I've seen a few Texas games this year. While I cannot deny the kid has talent, he is not a good quarterback. He reminds me of Michael Bishop. His best plays are broken plays. That doesn't work on a consistent basis in the NFL.

Bob Dole
01-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I've seen a few Texas games this year. While I cannot deny the kid has talent, he is not a good quarterback. He reminds me of Michael Bishop. His best plays are broken plays. That doesn't work on a consistent basis in the NFL.

Thus the "develop" comment.

The kid is only a sophmore, and Bob Dole's guess is that you watched the Oklahoma and Missouri games, which were far and away his 2 worst showings of the season. Including those 2 games, he completed 60% of his passes. Eliminate those 2 poor outings and he's at 64%.

He throws too many INTs, but that will likely improve as he develops.

Bob Dole is sticking with his opinion that someone will give him a shot at playing QB in the bigs.

andoman
01-02-2005, 10:08 AM

The kid is only a sophmore, and Bob Dole's guess is that you watched the Oklahoma and Missouri games, which were far and away his 2 worst showings of the season. Including those 2 games, he completed 60% of his passes. Eliminate those 2 poor outings and he's at 64%.

Bob Dole is sticking with his opinion that someone will give him a shot at playing QB in the bigs.

Yes I did see those two games and that probably has some bearing on my opinion. Unfortunately, I did not get to see yesterday's game, just listened to a bit while on the road.

KevB
01-02-2005, 10:09 AM

He doesn't have a good arm. He slings the ball, and NFL coaches will cringe every time they see his throwing motion. He rendered Roy Williams useless last year because of his inability to pass. I've seen him play many games, and I just don't believe he'll develop the skills NFL coaches will need to see, despite only being a sophmore. He's an unbelievable playmaker though, so he'll have a spot somewhere. If he can catch, he looks like Randy Moss to me.

Bowser
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Interesting observations in this thread.

And rep for royr17 hitting it on the head.

Brock
09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
He definitely will not be a QB but he has a ton of talent and could be a fit somewhere.

Vince Young WILL be an NFL QB, no question about it.

Saulbadguy
09-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Vince Young WILL be an NFL QB, no question about it.
Sarcasm?

royr17
09-24-2005, 05:20 PM

yep sure looked like DJ was long gone by the time we drafted, hehe. :p

|Zach|
09-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Wow, weak bump.

royr17
09-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Sarcasm?

Saul whos the guy in your avatar that you have for Heisman ?

royr17
09-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Wow, weak bump.

Napolean Dynamite is the dumbest movie i've ever seen in my whole entire life.

Mecca
09-24-2005, 05:27 PM
It's K-states RB, Thomas Clayton, I think his name is.

|Zach|
09-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Napolean Dynamite is the dumbest movie i've ever seen in my whole entire life.
What does that have to do with anything.

royr17
09-24-2005, 05:32 PM
What does that have to do with anything.

Well I noticed in the background of your ZachIsHere thing, and it was clearly the dumbest movie i've ever seen.

|Zach|
09-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Well I noticed in the background of your ZachIsHere thing, and it was clearly the dumbest movie i've ever seen.
Alrighty.

Mecca
09-24-2005, 05:35 PM

But The Big Lebowski is also on there and that is clearly one of the greatest movies ever made.