PDA

View Full Version : Players who most likely are history ...

royr17
01-03-2005, 12:35 AM
After todays game I was very dissapointed in our teams play and how alot of players played.

Talking to GoatCheese right now and he seems to think that Barber will be gone, well I think different, I think he'll be back with us for at least another year so that they can get Keyaron Fox ready to replace him.

If I recall correctly Gun called Fox a young Donnie Edwards so hopefully we have a player in Fox.

But here's as to who I think is gone :
QB Damon Huard, RB Derrick Blaylock, FB Omar Easy, WR Johnnie Morton, DE Vonnie Holliday, LB Fred Jones, LB Quinton Caver, LB Mike Maslowski, CB Dexter McCleon, and FS Jerome Woods.

Here's guy I want gone but wont be let go :
OT John Welbourn, OT Chris Bober, DE Eric Hicks, DT John Browning, CB William Bartee, and CB Julian Battle who has looked like shit but i'd give him another year.

There's my take on this opinion, what is yalls.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2005, 12:38 AM
I'd agree that Hicks will be back. He's just a Goonther boy. Hopefully its just as a backup. He's a good backup IMO.

I don't see how in the world they can keep Bartee on the roster. He's officially a bust....he sucks.

As for Barber, I see his situation as being similar to Morton's. Except his injury makes it worse. I doubt he's got the same speed and quickness as he had the first two years, and that was all he pretty much had. To be honest I haven't noticed a huge difference with him out of the lineup.

Rain Man
01-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Did Fox get any time on defense today?

royr17
01-03-2005, 12:41 AM
The reason I want Welbourn gone is cause he sucks and he's 27 I'd keep Bober around but as a backup Center.

royr17
01-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Plus Mortons not gonna restructure and will be gone, there are other teams out there that could use him he just doesnt fit our offense and doesnt have the speed DV wants, and dont be surprised if our starter at the other WR position opposite of Kennison isnt Parker next season.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2005, 12:43 AM
The reason I want Welbourn gone is cause he sucks and he's 27 I'd keep Bober around but as a backup Center.

27 isn't old at all...

royr17
01-03-2005, 12:49 AM
I know but why did he play LG at philly ? Cause he isnt that good, thats why he wasnt given that new deal and traded away.

penchief
01-03-2005, 06:56 AM
I'd agree that Hicks will be back. He's just a Goonther boy. Hopefully its just as a backup. He's a good backup IMO.

I don't see how in the world they can keep Bartee on the roster. He's officially a bust....he sucks.

As for Barber, I see his situation as being similar to Morton's. Except his injury makes it worse. I doubt he's got the same speed and quickness as he had the first two years, and that was all he pretty much had. To be honest I haven't noticed a huge difference with him out of the lineup.

I don't know how you can call Bartee a bust. He was projected to be a 6th or 7th round safety. I would say that he didn't meet the expectations of those who reached to draft him in the 2nd round in hopes of making him into a starting NFL cornerback, though.

penchief
01-03-2005, 07:05 AM

I'd keep both Welbourn and Bober. Welbourn struggled this year but overall he's an above average lineman, IMO. He's got a nasty attitude and he can play guard or tackle. Bober can play any position on the line and he is also slightly above average, IMO.

My ideal scenario would be Black winning the right tackle position outright and Bober and Welbourn being able to fill in capably anywhere where they might be needed.

The only problem I see is if Sampson turns out to be as good as the coaching staff says he will be. His position is right tackle, too. Maybe when that time comes he can either learn to play left tackle when Roaf retires or Black can move inside to RG when Shields retires.

Although it would be nice to know that we have our left tackle of the future, I would say that I am very pleased overall with the outlook for our offensive line.

royr17
01-03-2005, 11:07 PM
bump

Rausch
01-04-2005, 03:35 AM
I don't know how you can call Bartee a bust. He was projected to be a 6th or 7th round safety.

But where WAS he drafted?

That's what I thought...

royr17
01-04-2005, 04:33 AM
Bartee is definately a bust, I'd keep him if they would move him to FS but if not I dont want us to keep him.

Oxford
01-04-2005, 08:47 AM
QB Damon Huard, RB Derrick Blaylock, FB Omar Easy, WR Johnnie Morton, DE Vonnie Holliday, LB Fred Jones, LB Quinton Caver, LB Mike Maslowski, CB Dexter McCleon, and FS Jerome Woods.

I'd say Mazlowski stays, and Woods stay. We need football players at LB not projects and Maz is a football player. There is a place for Woods in the secondary (I'd say dime corner as well as a backup at FS).

I'd say there will be several veterans gone at the June 1st date (unless the contract is up already). There is always a cap component. Still looking for a blocking FB and Omar is not that at all. Battle needs to stay, but a move to safety for him is a possibility. After all, he has the tools and you'd hate to give up on him just yet. At the least he can play special teams.

htismaqe
01-04-2005, 08:50 AM
I'd say Mazlowski stays, and Woods stay. We need football players at LB not projects and Maz is a football player. There is a place for Woods in the secondary (I'd say dime corner as well as a backup at FS).

I'd say there will be several veterans gone at the June 1st date (unless the contract is up already). There is always a cap component. Still looking for a blocking FB and Omar is not that at all. Battle needs to stay, but a move to safety for him is a possibility. After all, he has the tools and you'd hate to give up on him just yet. At the least he can play special teams.

Maz will NOT be back.

He can't even walk right, let alone run.

nmt1
01-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Who I think will be gone:
Maslowski, Barber, Holliday, Morton, McLeon - All due to age, injury, and/or cap number.

I don't have any players I want gone. I'd like to see several positions upgraded and I don't care who gets cut as a result.

I can see Bartee sticking. He's good on special teams and is a decent tackler for a DB, plus he just signed a new contract. I could see the Chiefs trying to keep him on the team as a backup safety or 4th corner.
Battle will probably stay too as Vermiel has stated on many occasions that CB's require patience.

ChiefsFanatik88
01-04-2005, 09:09 AM
DT John Browning, .

Why John Browning? He is my adopted Chief

htismaqe
01-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Why John Browning? He is my adopted Chief

Because he's not very good.

the Talking Can
01-04-2005, 09:25 AM
If Hicks is a starter for us next year, then you'll know our team isn't serious about winning. He's the DL equivelant to Bartee.

We have to have a new starting DE, LB, and CB to even begin to take this p.o.s. D seriously...we're already stuck with Sims, and that's bad enough.

htismaqe
01-04-2005, 09:26 AM
If Hicks is a starter for us next year, then you'll know our team isn't serious about winning. He's the DL equivelant to Bartee.

:bravo:

Kris Kringle
01-04-2005, 09:31 AM
After todays game I was very dissapointed in our teams play and how alot of players played.

Talking to GoatCheese right now and he seems to think that Barber will be gone, well I think different, I think he'll be back with us for at least another year so that they can get Keyaron Fox ready to replace him.

If I recall correctly Gun called Fox a young Donnie Edwards so hopefully we have a player in Fox.

Here's guy I want gone but wont be let go :
OT John Welbourn, OT Chris Bober, DE Eric Hicks, DT John Browning, CB William Bartee, and CB Julian Battle who has looked like shit but i'd give him another year.

--I think Blaylock may be back for the right price. I don't think he's going to get as much as he thinks on the open market.
-- Also Caver may be back. He's cheap. Isn't he a good ST player?
-- McCleon could be a good nickle or dime CB if he's cheap.
-- Bober and Welbourn are good O-line depth. One of them may be the starter too.
-- Maz needs to retire.
-- I'm not sure about Woods. He may bounce back with a better defense around him. We can't sign 9 free agents on defense. We're going to have to keep somebody.

bricks
01-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Because he's not very good.

He's an ok backup. Take him over Ryan Sims anyday.

bricks
01-04-2005, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=the Talking Can]If Hicks is a starter for us next year, then you'll know our team isn't serious about winning. He's the DL equivelant to Bartee.[QUOTE]

As much as I want Hicks gone, I don't see it happening. Just look at the contract we gave him. Same thing can be said for guys like Woods, Bartee.
You name it. Our ability to hand out large contracts to underachieveing players
is gonna kill us. It's called Generousity. Being way too nice, and not knowing WTF they were thinking at the time.