PDA

View Full Version : Adopt-A-Chief: Final Season Grades

Hammock Parties
01-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Pencils down, footballers. Time is up.

Johnnie Morton: C-

After an excellent first half, he started the second half quite well, only to fizzle. He ended his career in KC by wimping out with what I believe to be something of a Derrick Alexander injury.

Please announce your final season grades.

David.
01-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Fooj: B

Nothing spectacular. But he didn't suck. Which is saying something for a chiefs defensive player.

Rain Man
01-03-2005, 12:59 AM
If we're grading on a curve, I'd give Shaunard Harts an A. He moved into a starting role and did just as well or better than the veteran he replaced.

He's a good solid tackler, though he seems to be better at run support at this point than at pass protection. He nearly had a couple of interceptions this year, but was knocked off the play by his own guy or by another collision. I look forward to seeing what he does next year.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2005, 01:00 AM
he seems to be better at run support at this point than at pass protection.

Did we move him to right offensive tackle?

Rain Man
01-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Did we move him to right offensive tackle?

He could do it. You know he could do it.

Uh, maybe I meant pass defense.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Waters-A
Pro-Bowl + good contract.

royr17
01-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Warfield : C

Did well sometimes, but alot times got burnt quite a bit. Is a 2nd type corner than a # 1 corner. Will be our # 2 Corner next year. Moving him to FS wouldnt be a bad idea neither.

New Adopt-A-Chief next year for me is Rich Scanlon if he makes it if he doesnt then it will be Larry Johnson.

Demonpenz
01-03-2005, 02:06 AM
thats a good grade for warfield. He is an average nfl corner.

Fairplay
01-03-2005, 02:09 AM
Larry Jonhson an A. He was dissed by his coach, yet when it was time for him to step up he did it very well. So what if he has an attitude, as long as he produces on the field i don't care.

ExtremeChief
01-03-2005, 04:01 AM
Jared Allen, A

On a winning team, he would have had a shot at defensive rookie of the year.

Otter
01-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Larry Jonhson an A. He was dissed by his coach, yet when it was time for him to step up he did it very well. So what if he has an attitude, as long as he produces on the field i don't care.

He's not running drugs or getting DUI's, just wants to play. I can handle that attitude.

:thumb:

morphius
01-03-2005, 09:59 AM
I'll give Parker a D for being injured too much, but not an F for showing something the last couple of games. I'm seeing some upside there.

Pants
01-03-2005, 01:56 PM
I'd give Sammie a B+. He did real well, and I don't see how getting injured is his fault.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Mr. Carl Peterson - D-, the draft of Jared Allen and Samie Parker saved his ace from a F.

go bo
01-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Mr. Carl Peterson - D-, the draft of Jared Allen and Samie Parker saved his ace from a F.saved his "ace"?

but his inaction in fa earned his ASS an f, imo...

dilligaf
01-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Lionel Dalton gets a B. If we are grading on a curve for this Defense then he gets an A+.

2bikemike
01-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I will give Todd Collins an A+.

He did an outstanding job hanging on to the clipboard. It was never lost or stolen.

He did not whine about playing time and went about his business as a back up with dignity and grace.

When called in to do mop up work he performed well.

Bowser
01-03-2005, 03:19 PM
I will give Todd Collins an A+.

He did an outstanding job hanging on to the clipboard. It was never lost or stolen.

He did not whine about playing time and went about his business as a back up with dignity and grace.

When called in to do mop up work he performed well.

ROFL

Team Captain of the scrubs!

tk13
01-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Jake Plummer: A+, did everything he could to help us win our two games against him, including throwing a left-handed interception in the season opener then making Dexter McCleon look like Champ Bailey in the rematch. Go Jake! I look forward to your quarterbackalige for years to come.

ROYC75
01-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Trent Green ....... B+

Started 1st few games cold, ended cold , ..... But in the middle he caught fire and excelled well. Trent was good when the team played with confidence and the line blocked well, when the line broke down, Trent was just average. The INT against Houston and the SD game is his biggest downfall this year.

Trent needs to / can play better .

morphius
01-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I'd give Sammie a B+. He did real well, and I don't see how getting injured is his fault.
I don't blame him for the injury, and think the kid has a lot of upside, especially being the fastest player on the team. I also saw him blocking down field on run plays as well. But being injured twice in the first year, missing mini camps because of school/NFL rules, Dick saying he didn't know enough of the offense, and only really being used in 3 games when our WR's were injured as much as they all were are all things I took into consideration. I don't hold injuries against players in their career unless it is habit forming and not just a fluke thing, but when grading on a season long performance, I think it needs to be taken into heavy consideration, because if you are not on the field, you are not making the Chiefs a better team. Just based on the last 3 games, B would be an appropriate grade for him.

Morphius
Maybe should have went C and given him a pitty pass.

Thig Lyfe
01-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Lawerence Tynes...

Yikes.

He gets a D, not an F only because he did win the Raiders game.