PDA

View Full Version : Do the Donkey faithful really think they can win in the dome?

Red Dawg
01-03-2005, 08:00 AM
are they that arrogant considering the big game losses they've had. They were 3-3 in the division. Champ has gotten burned by above average recievers of which Indy has two. Jake has thrown a ton of costly int's in big games. What gives them confidence they will beat Indy? I can understand in the Elway years but Plummer hurt them badly in games against easier opponents. There is no screwing up against Indy. The O will have to score and score and score. Plummer is not capable of being that good. Next Sunday the Mane will be blowing up with "I'm tired of losing in the playoffs" and "Jake Sucks" threads will be everywhere.

I can understand them being excited, I would be if we had made it but they talk on message boards like ESPN, Orange Mane and so on and so forth like they will give everyone such a tough time in the playoffs. They will not be able to outscore Indy.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 08:08 AM
I go back to the "any given Sunday" comment. Also, Denver did beat Indy in Indy last year in the regular season.

While I have been PO'ed at times with the defense, they are better than in 2003. I think it's safe to say that I'll be just short of surprised if Denver wins next week. I definitely think they have the players and the team to win, but at Indy is just one of those places you rarely win. This Colts team on offense is amazingly gifted and the Broncos defense will have to play their best game of the season.

And, even then ... it's on to Pitt or NE or SD. I'm hoping for 1 playoff win at best, but would love to see them go further. They haven't played consistently enough for me this year to hope for too much, but I'm glad to see them there.

TEX
01-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Here'a a typical Mane response...

Why post this on a Chiefs BB? ROFL

BTW, is Kennisen an "above average WR?" :hmmm:

easymobee
01-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Denver has a much better chance at postseason success than the Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Porter, Chad Johnson and Kennison were really the only 3 that got the best of Bailey... still about 3 too many on that list.

Bailey did all right against Horn and Muhsin as I recall...

the Talking Can
01-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Denver has a much better chance at postseason success than the Chiefs.

uh....Plummber is your QB.....

Red Dawg
01-03-2005, 08:36 AM
I go back to the "any given Sunday" comment. Also, Denver did beat Indy in Indy last year in the regular season.

While I have been PO'ed at times with the defense, they are better than in 2003. I think it's safe to say that I'll be just short of surprised if Denver wins next week. I definitely think they have the players and the team to win, but at Indy is just one of those places you rarely win. This Colts team on offense is amazingly gifted and the Broncos defense will have to play their best game of the season.

And, even then ... it's on to Pitt or NE or SD. I'm hoping for 1 playoff win at best, but would love to see them go further. They haven't played consistently enough for me this year to hope for too much, but I'm glad to see them there.

for at least being realistic.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 08:37 AM

Plummer had a decent season, and yes ... he had a few too many INTs. About 5 more than I'm comfortable with a QB having over 16 games.

easymobee
01-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Porter, Chad Johnson and Kennison were really the only 3 that got the best of Bailey... still about 3 too many on that list.

Bailey did all right against Horn and Muhsin as I recall...

Andre Johnson had a 2 catch 15 yard day vs Champ.

Champ held Drew Bennett to almost nothing after Bennet had 400 yds receiving over the previous 2 weeks. He mainly covered Bennett, but did give up a 32 yarder to Mason .... Volek only had 115 yds passing.

In Denver vs KC part 1, KC accounted for just a little over 150 yds through the air all game and i think everyone here saw how instrumental Champ was in all facets ( esp vs Tony Gonzales ).

Mushin didn't do anything of note ...

Horn ended up with good numbers, but most of it in garbage time as Aaron Brooks threw a franchise recorded 50+ passes in that game.

Mile High Mania
01-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Andre Johnson had a 2 catch 15 yard day vs Champ.

Champ held Drew Bennett to almost nothing after Bennet had 400 yds receiving over the previous 2 weeks. He mainly covered Bennett, but did give up a 32 yarder to Mason .... Volek only had 115 yds passing.

In Denver vs KC part 1, KC accounted for just a little over 150 yds through the air all game and i think everyone here saw how instrumental Champ was in all facets ( esp vs Tony Gonzales ).

Mushin didn't do anything of note ...

Horn ended up with good numbers, but most of it in garbage time as Aaron Brooks threw a franchise recorded 50+ passes in that game.

Part of the issue has been Denver's lack of a solid and consistent pass rush... along with Champ sometimes expecting his "speed and other skills" to allow for him to make up for giving a guy too much room. After 17 games... I have no issues with the trade that brought Bailey to Denver, but it's now the time for the trade to pay off.

This week is the reason that Bailey and Lynch were brought to town...

easymobee
01-03-2005, 08:42 AM

And Tr1nt is yours ....

Pretty comparable ...

Both had 4000 yd seasons

Both had 27 TD passes ( im pretty sure ).

JP threw 20 Ints and TG threw 16.

While Jake loses the INT battle .... He wins the W's stat by a margin of 10 - 7.

And currently is the active AFC West leader amongst QB's for playoff appearences ( while with their current teams ).

Jake Plummer : 2 years 2 trips

Trent Green : 1 trip to the PO's

Drew Brees : 1 trip to the PO's

Kerry Collins : 0 trips to the PO's (as a raider)

vailpass
01-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Bitter much?
You can find out the result of this and all other playoff games from the exact same location the Chiefs players can: your couch.