PDA

View Full Version : Response to Corners not playing well their first year.

warpaint99
01-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Dunta Robinson . Houston. Def. rookie of the year. CB.
Deangelo Hall. CB. rookie.

Both played well.

Take a corner or LB that can passrush or Def End.

TEX
01-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Robinson should be starting in the Pro Bowl - he is that good. It's a joke that he didn't make it and Champ Bailey did. :hmmm:

Chan93lx50
01-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Robinson should be starting in the Pro Bowl - he is that good. It's a joke that he didn't make it and Champ Bailey did. :hmmm:

Name Game

BigChiefFan
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to beat out Bartee or McCleon even as a rookie.

TEX
01-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Name Game

You're right. The kid also had a much better season than McCallister.

htismaqe
01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Wow, you can name two.

Care to guess how many were drafted?

Robinson had a good season. He's the exception, not the rule.

And DeAngelo Hall didn't DRESS for the first 7 games of the year. I'm guessing if we drafted a CB in the 1st and he didn't even suit up for the first half of next season, this board would melt down.

HemiEd
01-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow, you can name two.

And DeAngelo Hall didn't DRESS for the first 7 games of the year. I'm guessing if we drafted a CB in the 1st and he didn't even suit up for the first half of next season, this board would melt down.

Very well said and refreshing! Thanks HTISMAQE!

Nightfyre
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, you can name two.

Yea, but look at our corners. Id be pissed.

Alec R
01-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Dunta Robinson . Houston. Def. rookie of the year. CB.
Deangelo Hall. CB. rookie.

Both played well.

Take a corner or LB that can passrush or Def End.

Wrong.

I live in Houston watched every stupid Texan game all year and can tell you this, Dunta Robinson did NOT play well. He gets six interceptions because they threw it his way 500 times.

Hall might have played well but I only saw his name two or three times this year but Dunta had a very Deltha O'Neal like season. Nice sexy stats, really crappy inconsistent play.

tk13
01-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Robinson has played better than a lot of rookie CB's do, but even he started out as the nickel corner. I'm not really against drafting a corner high that could be a solid player in the long-term, but I wouldn't expect him to start out as anything more than a nickel corner... then again with Warfield possibly getting suspended maybe the guy could come in, start, and win the job....