PDA

View Full Version : Is the MAIN problem with the linebackers the SHEDDING OF BLOCKERS?

warpaint99
01-03-2005, 02:35 PM
You have to get to the ball carrier before you can tackle.

Are they more soft or no instincts ?

go bo
01-03-2005, 02:36 PM
did you mean shedding blocks?

Baby Lee
01-03-2005, 02:38 PM

I wish I'd never seen the all too familar sight of Kawika running right into a blocker as the ball carrier slid by for a long gainer to the EZ.

warpaint99
01-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Kawika is soft with no instinct and just a combine freak.

What about the other LB's ? Fujita , Could he play for the Pats or STeelers ? Beisel , role player ?

Scaga
01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Maybe Bill Self should coach the team for a while.
He could dress the "defense" up in Basketball gear and see what happens... :thumb:

Rain Man
01-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Kawika is soft with no instinct and just a combine freak.

What about the other LB's ? Fujita , Could he play for the Pats or STeelers ? Beisel , role player ?

I've been all over Kawika, but I must admit that he started getting a lot better in the last two or three games. He still has a long way to go, but he's only lost on two-thirds of the plays now instead of all of them. He actually made one or two nice stops against the San Diego Static Clings.

Chan93lx50
01-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Kawika just pisses me off!

If he is lucky he can get in perfect position for a tackle and then totally miss the RB and them BOOM he is gone!

htismaqe
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
If the main problem with the LB's is that they can't shed blocks, then we have a problem with our DEFENSIVE LINE.

LB's shouldn't be getting blocked by offensive linemen on every down...

Toad
01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
I wish I'd never seen the all too familar sight of Kawika running right into a blocker as the ball carrier slid by for a long gainer to the EZ.

Yes it is way too often that an O lineman gets a free block on every LBer we have. Our d tackles should be eating some of those up. And we thought our Dline was our strength. We are sooooo screwed...

Chiefnj
01-03-2005, 11:08 PM

Nobody hits the lead fullback with as much passion as kawika, nobody.

royr17
01-03-2005, 11:09 PM
I think it has alot to do with no instincts, if mitchell could have instincts and tackle better he'd be a pretty good MLB.

royr17
01-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Yea and Mitchell finished the season 2nd with 72 tackles, now thats a shocker !!!

Pants
01-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I know we are talking about LB's, but when I saw McCleon try to tackle (by "hitting" him with a shoulder) the 2nd string RB and bounce off of him, I threw up a little.

MGRS13
01-03-2005, 11:30 PM
The main problem with our LBs is they shouldn't be starting in the NFL!

ChiefsFanatik88
01-04-2005, 12:09 AM

That's part of the problem.
The Coverage skills of the pass defense is horrible.
The tackling part of it really sucks badly too.

If Mitchell was half the linebacker that Barber was, the Chiefs would not have lost as many games.
If Burntee and Mccleon could turn their heads around and knock down a pass during a game, the Chiefs wouldn't have lost as many games.
If Burnfield would stick to his man like glue, the Chiefs wouldn't have lost as many games.
If the Offensive line wouldn't commit stupid, bad timing penalties, the Chiefs wouldn't have lost as many games.
If Dick Vermeil wouldn't love his players as much as he does, the Chiefs wouldn't have lost as many games.

Oxford
01-04-2005, 08:54 AM
I think the whole defense is soft. Remember Marty's brutal training camp regimine? The Oklahoma drill at the start of camp? Vermiel has repeatedly said he does not scrimmage players in camp so how does this defense build toughness?

I think a change at secondary coach is inevitable and maybe at defensive line coach too! What this defense needs is to bring back the "our offense sucks so we have to win the game" attitude.