PDA

View Full Version : al-Zarqawi captured?

JimNasium
01-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Link (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/04/content_405831.htm)

I pray that this is a credible report.

Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi, whom the US occupation authorities declared to be the "target number one" in Iraq, has been arrested in the city of Baakuba, the Emirate newspaper al-Bayane reported on Tuesday referring to Kurdish sources.

Al-Zarqawi, leader of the terrorist group Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad, was recently appointed the director of the Al-Qaeda organisation in Iraq.

The newspaper's correspondent in Baghdad points out that a report on the seizure of the terrorist, on whom the US put a bounty of US$10 million, was also reported by Iraqi Kurdistan radio, which at one time had been the first to announce the arrest of Saddam Hussein.

There have been no official reports about the arrest of the terrorist. Al-Zarqawi, 38, a Jordanian, whose real name is Ahmad al-Khalayleh, aims to turn Iraq into a "new Afghanistan".

According to Arab press data, Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad group has divided Iraq into several emirates. The group's independent subdivisions at a strength of 50 to 500 militants operate in the cities of Al-Falluja, Al-Qaim, Diala, and Samarra.

The personnel of the group is on the whole 1,500-strong and includes Iraqis and citizens of Arab and Islamic countries. There are demolition experts and missilemen among them.

The group has depots of weapons and explosives in various parts of the country. It intends to frustrate the upcoming parliamentary elections that are scheduled for the end of this month. Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad threatens to do away with Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi and members of the interim government.

stumppy
01-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Let's hope so.
Time for a little sleep deprevation if it is.

On a side not, sorry you couldn't make it to TK's yesterday.

JimNasium
01-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Let's hope so.
Time for a little sleep deprevation if it is.

On a side not, sorry you couldn't make it to TK's yesterday.
Me too. I've just got too much going on at work right now. Maybe next time.

stumppy
01-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Me too. I've just got too much going on at work right now. Maybe next time.

One of these days we'll all get our act together and show up at the same place at the same time.:thumb:

Eleazar
01-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Man, hopefully that is true. I can't imagine better news. I'd even take this guy over Bin Laden...

Loki
01-04-2005, 08:42 AM
if this news is true, and i HOPE it is, we need to see this b@stard getting HIS head sawed off on al-jazeera...

i can't think of a person MORE deserving of that fate.

grab the rusty butterknife... this'll take a while.

stumppy
01-04-2005, 08:45 AM
if this news is true, and i HOPE it is, we need to see this b@stard getting HIS head sawed off on al-jazeera...

i can't think of a person MORE deserving of that fate.

grab the rusty butterknife... this'll take a while.

That's too quick for this scumbag. Although I would pay to see it.

I'm thinking years of torture.
Strap him down and let a pig cornhole his ass.

morphius
01-04-2005, 08:48 AM
I just got the same link from someone at work...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/04/content_405831.htm

InChiefsHeaven
01-04-2005, 08:58 AM
I wonder why this hasn't been picked up by "reputable" sources yet. I remember a report that came out of a Kuwaiti newspaper in the summer of '03 talking about a huge cashe of WMD that was intercepted, and the story was even mentioned on Rush's show. Then it dried up. I think these little papers in the Arab world are always printing crap before it has been really verified. Having said that, I really hope this is correct.

Eleazar
01-04-2005, 09:09 AM
I wonder why this hasn't been picked up by "reputable" sources yet. I remember a report that came out of a Kuwaiti newspaper in the summer of '03 talking about a huge cashe of WMD that was intercepted, and the story was even mentioned on Rush's show. Then it dried up. I think these little papers in the Arab world are always printing crap before it has been really verified. Having said that, I really hope this is correct.

In that part of the world the press is a lot less cautious.

I doubt anyone like Reuters or the AP would report it short of a confirmation from Centcom like we saw with Saddam Hussein. Of course, they had Hussein for what, right around 24 hours before they let the story out, didn't they?

I'd also bet that if they did have him, they'd want to get him out of the country as soon as possible before saying anything.

Iowanian
01-04-2005, 09:19 AM
I hope this is true, and I also hope that the soldiers who caught him, pounded his arse full of Pork Rinds and sand with a mortar tube.

wutamess
01-04-2005, 09:20 AM
It's on Drudge: http://drudgereport.com/flashai.htm

InChiefsHeaven
01-04-2005, 09:20 AM
I hope this is true, and I also hope that the soldiers who caught him, pounded his arse full of Pork Rinds and sand with a mortar tube.
:thumb:

InChiefsHeaven
01-04-2005, 09:22 AM
It's on Drudge: http://drudgereport.com/flashai.htm

Well hell, if it's on Drudge, then it's probably more reliable than anything...

Eleazar
01-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Drudge is just reporting that there are reports, he's not trying to give a confirmation.

It does say the Pentagon is not commenting now, however. You'd think they would be likely to issue a denial if nothing had happened but who knows how they would operate in this situation.

Pennywise
01-04-2005, 09:32 AM
If this turns out to be false (which it probably is) its gonna be some hellified disappointment.

What a huge shot of morale it would be for everyone over there on the ground.

Stinger
01-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Drudge is just reporting that there are reports, he's not trying to give a confirmation.

It does say the Pentagon is not commenting now, however. You'd think they would be likely to issue a denial if nothing had happened but who knows how they would operate in this situation.

Link (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashai.htm)

URGENT: 'TARGET #1': al-Zarqawi reportedly arrested in Iraq
Tue Jan 04 2005 09:49:47 ET

DUBAI, January 4 (Itar-Tass) - Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi, whom the US occupation authorities declared to be the "target number one" in Iraq, has been arrested in the city of Baakuba, the Emirate newspaper al-Bayane reported on Tuesday referring to Kurdish sources. Al-Zarqawi, leader of the terrorist group Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad, was recently appointed the director of the Al-Qaeda organisation in Iraq.

The newspaper's correspondent in Baghdad points out that a report on the seizure of the terrorist, on whom the US put a bounty of 10 million dollars, was also reported by Iraqi Kurdistan radio, which at one time had been the first to announce the arrest of Saddam Hussein.

There have been no official reports about the arrest of the terrorist. Al-Zarqawi, 38, a Jordanian, whose real name is Ahmad al-Khalayleh, aims to turn Iraq into a "new Afghanistan". According to Arab press data, Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad group has divided Iraq into several emirates. The group's independent subdivisions at a strength of 50 to 500 militants operate in the cities of Al-Falluja, Al-Qaim, Diala, and Samarra.

The personnel of the group is on the whole 1,500-strong and includes Iraqis and citizens of Arab and Islamic countries. There are demolition experts and missilemen among them.

The group has depots of weapons and explosives in various parts of the country. It intends to frustrate the upcoming parliamentary elections that are scheduled for the end of this month. Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad threatens to do away with Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi and members of the interim government.

Developing...

HC_Chief
01-04-2005, 09:43 AM
God I hope this is true.

Slap an orange jump suit on him and stick cameras in his face as we shave an delouse him for trial. PUBLIC humiliation, before we execute his ass. Send a strong message to the region: THIS is what happens when you f*ck with us. :grr:

Braincase
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
I hope they did snag this pig****er, although I'd be happier if they just vanished without a word or a trace.

"Where's Al?"
"Dunno"
"Where's Mustaffa?"
"Dunno. He was here yesterday morning. Went out for coffee, didn't come back."
"Where's Mahmoud?"
"Dunno. He was here this morning. Went out for coffee..."
"What's that high pitched noise?"

Last thing you'll ever hear on this side of paradise, bitch.

Eleazar
01-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Hopefully we cut off his crank and flush it down the toilet before he goes to see his virgins.

Hopefully, as others have said, those virgins are actually just goatcheese and slayer clones.

stumppy
01-04-2005, 09:58 AM
I hope they did snag this pig****er, although I'd be happier if they just vanished without a word or a trace.

"Where's Al?"
"Dunno"
"Where's Mustaffa?"
"Dunno. He was here yesterday morning. Went out for coffee, didn't come back."
"Where's Mahmoud?"
"Dunno. He was here this morning. Went out for coffee..."
"What's that high pitched noise?"

Last thing you'll ever hear on this side of paradise, bitch.

Courtesy of :

HC_Chief
01-04-2005, 10:02 AM
lol
awesome :D

Iowanian
01-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Hopefully we cut off his crank and flush it down the toilet before he goes to see his virgins.

Hopefully, as others have said, those virgins are actually just goatcheese and slayer clones.

I'd think he'd be deserving of the treatment I worked up for Osama...

Tie the prick over a barrel on a public square, on world wide TV, and let the BIG BOAR Champion from the Iowa State Fair CorkScrew the jerkoff to near death.....then cut his head off with a rusty spoon.

Eleazar
01-04-2005, 10:04 AM
TOP WHITE HOUSE SOURCE CALLS ARREST REPORT 'DUBIOUS'...

stumppy
01-04-2005, 10:04 AM
And my favorite:

stumppy
01-04-2005, 10:06 AM

Tie the prick over a barrel on a public square, on world wide TV, and let the BIG BOAR Champion from the Iowa State Fair CorkScrew the jerkoff to near death.....then cut his head off with a rusty spoon.

Then slice him open, shove a pigs heart inside and bury the bastard.

BIG_DADDY
01-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Sure hope it's true.

InChiefsHeaven
01-04-2005, 10:39 AM
TOP WHITE HOUSE SOURCE CALLS ARREST REPORT 'DUBIOUS'...

dammit...
...where did you get that one?

Stinger
01-04-2005, 10:42 AM
dammit...
...where did you get that one?

Tag line on drudge

Chief Henry
01-04-2005, 10:55 AM

I've seen those Big Boars.....I doubt if they'd be able to get up on their back legs, although if Al -Jizara is on all fours, the Big Boars would not need to get on thier back legs :hmmm:

gblowfish
01-04-2005, 10:59 AM
That's too quick for this scumbag. Although I would pay to see it.

I'm thinking years of torture.
Strap him down and let a pig cornhole his ass.
Tie him to a chair...prop eyes open Clockwork Orange style, make him watch endless re-runs of "Survivor" while playing Yoko Ono albums non-stop till he bleeds from the ears and nostrils...

Stinger
01-04-2005, 11:12 AM
per Drudge

UPDATE //
Tue Jan 04 2005 11:18:47 ET

U.S. military and intelligence sources are denying print and broadcast reports that terrorist Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi has been arrested in Iraq, MSNBC reported Tuesday.

MSNBC said senior U.S. military and intelligence sources told it the reports are not true. A newspaper in the United Arab Emirates, al-Bayane, reported in its Tuesday edition that the Jordanian-born terrorist had been arrested in Baqouba, Iraq. Iraqi Kurdistan radio also reported the arrest of al-Zarqawi.

The U.S. military in December said al-Zarqawi likely is in the Baghdad area.

InChiefsHeaven
01-04-2005, 11:23 AM
...crap...I knew it was too good to be true...

You really can't trust reports of bad news from these Arab rags, no sense thinking that good news reports would be legit either.

Ultra Peanut
01-04-2005, 11:59 AM
I initially thought this thread said "al-Zarqawi's nipples."

Thanks, David..

Bob Dole
01-04-2005, 12:30 PM
That initial report needs some more Al's in it.

One question remains: Where does al-Bundy fit into this whole thing?