PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dole declares ChiefsPlanet National Champions

Bob Dole
01-04-2005, 09:44 AM
If it works for the dipshit coaching Auburn, why not for Bob Dole?

These people are completely ****ing delusional.

"It doesn't matter what anybody else tells you," Tuberville told his team. "We're national champions."

News flash Tommy: NO YOU AREN'T.

Phuqtard.

Hoover
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
What did I win? What Did I win.

Bob Dole
01-04-2005, 09:49 AM
What did I win? What Did I win.

If Bob Dole can convince Golf Digest to declare ChiefsPlanet the National Champs, you'll all get Championship rings.

ChiTown
01-04-2005, 09:50 AM
This is why CFB sucks cack right now. Auburn (and Utah) has clearly got a legitimate gripe, but there is no way (currently) to prove their point.

Get a 6 team playoff (they can use the BCS points system to decide the top 6) with the top 2 teams getting bye's and be done with it already. It's pretty fkn simple, but the egg heads that run CFB can't seem to figure it all out.

HC_Chief
01-04-2005, 09:51 AM
And the BCS is about to get another extension........

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

Hoover
01-04-2005, 09:54 AM
This is why CFB sucks cack right now. Auburn (and Utah) has clearly got a legitimate gripe, but there is no way (currently) to prove their point.

Get a 6 team playoff (they can use the BCS points system to decide the top 6) with the top 2 teams getting bye's and be done with it already. It's pretty fkn simple, but the egg heads that run CFB can't seem to figure it all out.
No crap. Plus it would make more money better hype, and NFL bound players would get mega attention.

morphius

ahhh, but with a 6 team playoff there will be a bunch of one or two loss teams with the same gripe because they are ranked 7, 8,9,10... Rankings are stupid and should mean next to nothing.

Bob Dole
Like many other things in life, flawed or not, there is a documented and established method of determining the National Champs.

If Tubertits doesn't like the method, then he should be working to change the method...not simply proclaiming that this year the method doesn't count and his kids are the champs.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Damn Bob Dole.... what a whimpy estrogen-laced thread. You wearing lipstick today too?

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey guys... good news! The Chiefs and Royals just proclaimed themselves world champions!!!

YYEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBJ

PBJ

PBJ

ChiTown
01-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Like many other things in life, flawed or not, there is a documented and established method of determining the National Champs.

If Tubertits doesn't like the method, then he should be working to change the method...not simply proclaiming that this year the method doesn't count and his kids are the champs.

Agreed.

I just hate the current system, and am currently enjoying the fact that there are (currently) 4 unbeaten teams in NCAA Div 1 and only two get a shot for the MNC.

Morph
The line has to be drawn somewhere, but it certainly has to be more inclusive, IMO, than just the top 2. If you get 6 teams involved for the whole enchilada then you've done a pretty damned good job getting the majority of the legit teams included. JMHO.

PastorMikH
01-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah, well, we'll see tonight, but personally, I don't think Auburn could hang with OU.

HemiEd
01-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah, well, we'll see tonight, but personally, I don't think Auburn could hang with OU.
I agree, I do not think they could hang with either of the teams playing tonight. They barely hung on to win last night. Thier strength of schedule is the reason they ended up where they were, they played a divsion 1AA team. Bunch of whiners, they should be glad to be number 3! :deevee:

Skip Towne
01-04-2005, 10:23 AM
I don't either but we'll never know.

Taco John
01-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Seriously... That dude's name is Tuberville? ROFL

ChiTown
01-04-2005, 10:28 AM

I don't know about that. Auburn's Defense is damn good. They have a good ground game and a very smart, effective QB.

Bob Dole
01-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Damn Bob Dole.... what a whimpy estrogen-laced thread. You wearing lipstick today too?

You know, it was a toss-up between this actual football topic and a poll about dill versus sweet relish.

Apologies.

yunghungwell
01-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I hate all things pickled, no matter dill or sweet. Not counting my liver of course.

Bearcat
01-04-2005, 10:49 AM

What do you want the coaches to do? There's been plenty of coaches that have been vocal about the BS, and it's pretty obvious the people making the decisions don't give a crap what they think. Undefeated season playing in the SEC... a better conference than the PAC-10. Why not, it's not like they don't allow ties for national championships. Mock the system, declare 4 or 5, it's not hurting anything.

The line has to be drawn somewhere, but it certainly has to be more inclusive, IMO, than just the top 2. If you get 6 teams involved for the whole enchilada then you've done a pretty damned good job getting the majority of the legit teams included. JMHO.

I looked it up last year.... going back a few years, there's been a line drawn at 8. OU, USC, Auburn, Utah, Boise State, Louisville, California, Texas.... no one else can complain. I agree though.... 6 teams, 8 teams... even one extra game after the bowls are finished would be better than the current system.

KCFalcon59
01-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Utah should be #1.

chiefs4me
01-04-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't either but we'll never know.

Ou will win tonight,,you know I am never wrong.ROFL Feel like betting tonight Skip? :hmmm: If you want Ou,,I will take the underdog.:thumb:

Bob Dole
01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Bill Gates should step up tomorrow and arrange for Auburn and tonight's winner to play next week.

Utah should just get nuked.

HC_Chief
01-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Bill Gates should step up tomorrow and arrange for Auburn and tonight's winner to play next week.

I like that idea... but let Utah play tonight's loser for the "Here's your consolation, now STFD and STFU before I pop a cap in yo bitch ass, trophy"

PastorMikH
01-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Concessions made to USC. The are CLEARLY the better team out there. I am pretty much in shock at the way the Sooners look.

That said, no way Auburn is in the running for the #1 spot. #2 maybe, but not the #1 spot.

Eleazar
01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
After seeing OU this year I can't believe they are really this inferior. Just laid a huge, brontasaurus-sized egg tonight

Rausch
01-04-2005, 11:12 PM

Who would notice? WTF is in Utah?

Screw that, don't waste nuclear technology. Nuke Kalifornia, or France or something...

Coach
01-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Who would notice? WTF is in Utah?

Screw that, don't waste nuclear technology. Nuke Kalifornia, or France or something...

How about Afgahanstan after we remove our soldiers? Would assure us at least 90% sure that Osama is dead.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2005, 11:17 PM
If Auburn didn't have a nonconference schedule that rivals K-State, then they might have a reason to play for the national championship.