01-04-2005, 10:56 PM
on their 1 1/2 straight title.

WebGem
01-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Auburn got f*cked

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Auburn got f*cked

How so? USC clearly is the best team in college football.

Herzig
01-04-2005, 11:12 PM

Well, they didn't really get the chance to play for the title, therefore, they got screwed. I don't think the 2 best teams in country played tonight. Too bad with current system, we'll never know because they don't settle these things on the field. :shake:

Thig Lyfe
01-04-2005, 11:13 PM
auburn should have had the shot at a national championship at least.

WebGem
01-04-2005, 11:13 PM
No, the two best teams in the country didn't play tonight. But, before the bowls I thought it should have been Auburn vs OU. I was wrong, but it proves the system is bullshit.

Captain Obvious
01-04-2005, 11:20 PM
No, the two best teams in the country didn't play tonight. But, before the bowls I thought it should have been Auburn vs OU. I was wrong, but it proves the system is bullshit.

I'd personally like to see how Alex Smith and Utah would have fared against the other unbeatens.

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I totally agree that the system blows chunks that is why we need a playoff. I really don't understand why for the 2nd year in a row OU got in when they probably didn't deserve it. Last year USC should have been there and this year OU feasted on a very weak Big 12 North Division that is the equivalent of playing a girls 8th grade football team.

It should have been Auburn vs USC but USC would have crushed them as well IMO.

Phobia
01-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I think Iowa would have killed everyone given the opportunity.

They just destroyed last year's national champion, so I think they get a piece.

Pants
01-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Well, this was a weird OU playing, the turnovers were weird and accidental except for the one when White threw the dumb ass pass. This would be much closer had the game panned out normally.

dirk digler
01-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Well, this was a weird OU playing, the turnovers were weird and accidental except for the one when White threw the dumb ass pass. This would be much closer had the game panned out normally.

What killed them was that idiot trying to pick up the ball and run with down on the 10 yard line after the punt. WTF was he thinking, get the hell away from the ball you moron.

Valiant
01-05-2005, 12:35 AM
money, money, money...

Have either a six or eight team playoff depending on the teams worthy of NC... And for all the other teams they can play in bowls... its a win, win.. but it will never happen...

unless the football fans of america get together and sue the NCAA Football committee for fraud... I am sure it could happen...

Logical
01-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, they didn't really get the chance to play for the title, therefore, they got screwed. I don't think the 2 best teams in country played tonight. Too bad with current system, we'll never know because they don't settle these things on the field. :shake:
While I agree it is true that it is a shame they do not get a 4 team playoff. There is no way Auburn got screwed they were barely able to beat Va Tech yesterday and looked bad in doing so. Meanwhile USC dominated one of the best teams in the nation tonight.