PDA

View Full Version : Shannahan

WebGem
01-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Anyone think he has a job next year (in Denver) reguardless of the outcome @Indy? If not, what does Denver need to do in the postseason for him to keep it in your opinion.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I think Denvers ownership is very loyal to Shanny. I think the only way Shanny is gone is if he decides to leave.

WebGem
01-04-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm actually pulling for him to stay in Denver. He hasn't won a division title or a playoff game since Elway left, and if Indy beats him this Sunday and he's back next year, that's perfectly fine with me.

Taco John
01-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Shanny is more afraid of the Kansas City Chiefs beating the Miami Hurricanes in the World Series of Poker than he is about losing his job.

WebGem
01-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Shanny is more afraid of the Kansas City Chiefs beating the Miami Hurricanes in the World Series of Poker than he is about losing his job.
Would you like to see him gone? Just wondering.

2bikemike
01-04-2005, 11:50 PM

Well the Chiefs whooped Denvers ass pretty good.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 12:07 AM

We've got a better chance at having a new HC next year...He isn't going anywhere.

And since he's a big believer in Plunger, I love it...

Taco John
01-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Would you like to see him gone? Just wondering.

Not only no, but HELL NO. I want Shanahan to stick around for as long as possible. I'm not of the new school mentality where if my coach doesn't deliver in three years, his ass should be ridden out of town.

As far as I'm concerned, Mike Shanahan is "The Man" when it comes to the Denver Broncos... Much like Elway was "The Man" when he was here... Much like Priest Holmes is "The Man" in Kansas City... Mike Vick in Atlanta. Donovan McNabb in Philly... Parcells in Dallas... Gibbs in Washington... etc. etc. etc.

I believe in Shanahan, and I believe in his system...

Kubiak, on the other hand...

Taco John
01-05-2005, 12:09 AM

For the net effect of exactly nothing. You stayed home, while we moved on to the second season. If that game would have cost us the playoffs, I'd still be reeling. It's funny how a playoff birth made me forget all about that completely meaningless game, your Superbowl.

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 12:14 AM
For the net effect of exactly nothing. You stayed home, while we moved on to the second season. If that game would have cost us the playoffs, I'd still be reeling. It's funny how a playoff birth made me forget all about that completely meaningless game, your Superbowl.

While you will end up with a net effect of exactly nothing after this weekend. The Colts will open up that same can of whoop ass on you Donkey loving bastages that the Chiefs did.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Not only no, but HELL NO. I want Shanahan to stick around for as long as possible. I'm not of the new school mentality where if my coach doesn't deliver in three years, his ass should be ridden out of town.

As far as I'm concerned, Mike Shanahan is "The Man" when it comes to the Denver Broncos... Much like Elway was "The Man" when he was here... Much like Priest Holmes is "The Man" in Kansas City... Mike Vick in Atlanta. Donovan McNabb in Philly... Parcells in Dallas... Gibbs in Washington... etc. etc. etc.

I believe in Shanahan, and I believe in his system...

Kubiak, on the other hand...

Funny how you could delete "Shanahan" and plug in DV or the Walrus or Parcells and mimic 1/2 those team's fans...

Boon
01-05-2005, 12:31 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Mike Shanahan is "The Man" when it comes to the Denver Broncos... Much like Elway was "The Man" when he was here... Much like Priest Holmes is "The Man" in Kansas City... Mike Vick in Atlanta. Donovan McNabb in Philly... Parcells in Dallas... Gibbs in Washington... etc. etc. etc....

The man? This sounds kinda queer to me.
Tell me fatboy, what do need with a man?

Taco John
01-05-2005, 12:34 AM
While you will end up with a net effect of exactly nothing after this weekend. The Colts will open up that same can of whoop ass on you Donkey loving bastages that the Chiefs did.

That's ok. After the loss to you guys, I didn't expect to even be in the playoffs. Just making it is reward enough for me at this point in time. Just having the shot at the Colts for the ass kicking they put on us last year... Win or lose... Just having the shot.

I bet you'd trade places with us in a second.

We're on the bus.

Taco John
01-05-2005, 12:35 AM
The man? This sounds kinda queer to me.
Tell me fatboy, what do need with a man?

Who's the newbie?

Rausch
01-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Who's the newbie?

No idea.

Might as well give him the kid gloves 'till he's done teething...

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 12:37 AM
That's ok. After the loss to you guys, I didn't expect to even be in the playoffs. Just making it is reward enough for me at this point in time. Just having the shot at the Colts for the ass kicking they put on us last year... Win or lose... Just having the shot.

I bet you'd trade places with us in a second.

We're on the bus.

Personally I don't want us going to the playoffs again until we have a legitimate shot at going all the way. No more one and dones. There is no way in hell did I want to sneak into the playoffs just to be let down and let management off the hook about improving this pathetic defense.

alanm
01-05-2005, 12:38 AM
For the net effect of exactly nothing. You stayed home, while we moved on to the second season. If that game would have cost us the playoffs, I'd still be reeling. It's funny how a playoff birth made me forget all about that completely meaningless game, your Superbowl.Oh Plllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeee. :rolleyes:

teedubya
01-05-2005, 12:47 AM

actually both of our Superbowls were/are against the Colts. You wont beat them twice in a row. I dont see it. In fact, Im thinking of using my game thread mojo against you this weekend.

tommykat
01-05-2005, 12:54 AM
actually both of our Superbowls were/are against the Colts. You wont beat them twice in a row. I dont see it. In fact, Im thinking of using my game thread mojo against you this weekend.

:spock:

Taco John
01-05-2005, 01:06 AM
You know it's getting bad when TK doesn't think you make any sense...

teedubya
01-05-2005, 01:40 AM
heh.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 01:45 AM
You know it's getting bad when TK doesn't think you make any sense...

Not really...

She gave me that look every time I saw her for 2 days. But then, I was either shatty drunk or hungover with Dole for most of those 2 days.

SoCalBronco
01-05-2005, 02:43 AM

The Kansas City Chiefs would never beat the Miami Hurricanes in anything. :thumb:

2bikemike
01-05-2005, 02:56 AM
The Kansas City Chiefs would never beat the Miami Hurricanes in anything. :thumb:

Sunday Dec. 19th 2004,

Kansas City-45
Dungver-17

So how sorry does that make you fugging chuckle heads.

Rausch
01-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Sunday Dec. 19th 2004,

Kansas City-45
Dungver-17

So how sorry does that make you fugging chuckle heads. ROFL

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 06:51 AM
I have patience with Shanahan... I don't see how he would be fired after his 10 years in Denver. 6 playoff appearances and 2 SBs in 10 years. The only coaches that have been with their teams as long are Cowher and Fisher... Cowher has a nice 15 win team this season, but I'll stack Shanahan's 10 years - even his last 6 against those guys.

Six years since Elway retired and no playoff wins... that's the mantra around here. When did Montana retire from KC? Well, the year before was the last playoff win for KC ... that was 3 coaches and several systems ago.

Shanahan has toyed with this team a lot during the last 6 years. There have been many things go wrong and just as many go right.

Eventually... likely sometime very soon, the time for Shanahan to leave Denver will come and I'm mentally preparing myself for it. 2005 will be his 11th season and coaches just don't stick around with 1 team that long in the NFL anymore.

If this were his final season, for whatever reasons, I can say it's been a fun ride and he would have left the team better in 2004 than when he found it in 1995. And, shouldn't that be the goal of a coach?

Mile High Mania
01-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Sunday Dec. 19th 2004,

Kansas City-45
Dungver-17

So how sorry does that make you fugging chuckle heads.

I dunno, I look at it like you guys view the loss in week 1... or the losses to the Saints, Bucs, Texans or Panthers.

:thumb:

Boon
01-05-2005, 07:15 AM
I dunno, I look at it like you guys view the loss in week 1... or the losses to the Saints, Bucs, Texans or Panthers.

:thumb:

I view each of these as season ending.