PDA

View Full Version : Comcast high speed??

Sure-Oz
01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Anyone still have a problem with it being slow and packet loss?? I am at work and it is so darn fast, it is really annoying that at home it used to be this way. i think its time for a call to see why! I have had it be really slow the last few months, anyone else in the indep/kc area with comcast exp. the same crap still?

morphius
01-06-2005, 11:08 AM
I haven't noticed much bad recently, I just wish that company had some local competition, because they sure are taking forever to role out any of their good features to our area.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2005, 11:12 AM
It's frustrating, the delays i get hitting pages and sometimes getting page cant be displayed then hit refresh and it loads, AIM constantly goes off and logs back on about 10 times a day due to an intereption in connection, so strange. DL speeds are just fine its just the pages loading takes some time.

morphius
01-06-2005, 11:13 AM
It's frustrating, the delays i get hitting pages and sometimes getting page cant be displayed then hit refresh and it loads, AIM constantly goes off and logs back on about 10 times a day due to an intereption in connection, so strange. DL speeds are just fine its just the pages loading takes some time.
I'm not having any issues like that at all down in my area.

htismaqe
01-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Guys, those issues sound like problems with voltage. Check your low channels (2-13) on cable TV - do you have interference or other anomalies?

I got that when I initially signed up with Mediacom. I had them come out and replace a splitter and the problem hasn't occured since.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm not having any issues like that at all down in my area.
Yeah it's done that since mid summer, i am in the indep. area, where are you around? I think i just need to make a call and ask ?'s it may just be mine, who knows...

Sure-Oz
01-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Guys, those issues sound like problems with voltage. Check your low channels (2-13) on cable TV - do you have interference or other anomalies?

I got that when I initially signed up with Mediacom. I had them come out and replace a splitter and the problem hasn't occured since.

I used my cable wire from my tv above the cpu and that tv has no cable now, i may unhook it and plug it back in the tv to see how it looks, thanks for the suggestion.

morphius
01-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah it's done that since mid summer, i am in the indep. area, where are you around? I think i just need to make a call and ask ?'s it may just be mine, who knows...
Olathe. I would give them a call, whenever I have had a problem they have helped. Well except for one idiot in customer service who thought turning on off my cable modem and computer would fix the fact that anytime the cable modem got touched or moved it would reboot itself. When I called about the issue again, they told me to take it in and replace the thing.

HC_Chief
01-06-2005, 11:25 AM
I thank all that is good in the universe that I no longer am subjected to Communistcast!! :thumb:

morphius
01-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I thank all that is good in the universe that I no longer am subjected to Communistcast!! :thumb:
I just wish Everest would move into Olathe, that would at least for Comcast's hand like it did to Time Warner. Oh well

HC_Chief
01-06-2005, 11:31 AM
I just wish Everest would move into Olathe, that would at least for Comcast's hand like it did to Time Warner. Oh well

Can't happen as long as Olathe and Communistcast have an exclusive agreement.

I have TW... it has been excellent :D

htismaqe
01-06-2005, 11:34 AM
I switched from iLEC DSL to Mediacom because consildating services would save me about $50 a month, and because I was sick of DirecTV's lack of customer service.

So far (knock on wood) Mediacom has been excellent.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Olathe. I would give them a call, whenever I have had a problem they have helped. Well except for one idiot in customer service who thought turning on off my cable modem and computer would fix the fact that anytime the cable modem got touched or moved it would reboot itself. When I called about the issue again, they told me to take it in and replace the thing.
Yeah, i've procrastinated long enough, ive assumed it would fix itself.

morphius
01-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Can't happen as long as Olathe and Communistcast have an exclusive agreement.

I have TW... it has been excellent :D
I had TW before Everest moved into OP, it was nothing to write home about then. Its amazing what a little competition will do.

HC_Chief
01-06-2005, 11:42 AM
I had TW before Everest moved into OP, it was nothing to write home about then. Its amazing what a little competition will do.

No doubt. Now TW is basically the same as Everest: switched network to the CO, 3Mbps down, 1.5Mbps up, 2 IPs, and digital phone service w/ unlimited long distance.

Thanks to an open market and competition!! :thumb:
Sweeeeeet

gblowfish
01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
I've got Comcast in Independence. My internet has been down at home for two days since the ice storm. Cable TV is OK, internet access not working at all. Assuming it's ice related, but it could have something to do with that chatroom session with John Ashcroft...

Sure-Oz
01-06-2005, 12:23 PM
I've got Comcast in Independence. My internet has been down at home for two days since the ice storm. Cable TV is OK, internet access not working at all. Assuming it's ice related, but it could have something to do with that chatroom session with John Ashcroft...
How has your net been though the last few months? Fast, slow? see my responses, it gives you an idea what mine has been doing.

gblowfish
01-06-2005, 01:33 PM
How has your net been though the last few months? Fast, slow? see my responses, it gives you an idea what mine has been doing.
When it's working it seems pretty decent. We have a T1 here at work, so it's really fast. Comcast at home is reasonable, sometime my browser crashes, but that's because I'm running Mac OSX on a really old Mac G3 B&W. Saving my pennies to buy a new G5 sometime this year.