PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Browner CB Oregon St What's his deal?

philfree
01-06-2005, 04:54 PM
He declared for the draft per GBN.

(2:00 PM): Top soph CB off to draft... Oregon State sophomore CB Brandon Browner has reportedly opted to leave school with two years of eligibility remaining and enter the 2005 draft. With speed and agility, the 6-4, 202-pound Browner, is an outstanding physical prospect, who had a terrific freshman season in 2003 when he intercepted 6 passes, although his numbers were off somewhat this year. With the entry of Browner into the 2005 field, along junior CBs Adam Jones of West Virginia, Justin Miller of Clemson and Fabian Washington of Nebraska, an already strong CB field could be one of the real strengths at this year's draft.

Does anybody know anything about him? Is he any good? A 1st rounder? Or a 2nd?

PhilFree :arrow:

Frosty
01-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Man, this sucks big time. We are losing both of our starting corners. :mad:

He is big and fast. Good man to man skills. They barely threw to his side this last year. Was freshman of the year the year before.

He only played corner the last two years as he was originally a WR.

Frosty
01-06-2005, 05:01 PM
I should also add that I'm surprised that he came out, since his numbers were down a little (no picks this year, but had very few chances, since they didn't throw at him). I think if he waited 'til next year, he might be the top corner in the draft.

If I had to guess, I bet a 2nd rounder, since he isn't real experienced.

HolmeZz
01-06-2005, 05:08 PM
I didn't think there was any chance he'd come out. He could be a 1st rounder, but with the CB depth in this draft he could easily fall to round 2. If he had stayed in school he would've been a 1st round lock next year.

shaneo69
01-06-2005, 05:12 PM
With all these good CB's in the draft, I would think we should wait until the 2nd round to grab one. It sounds like even the 2nd rounders can come in and be immediate starters, unless 8-9 CB's are taken in the 1st (doubtful). I don't know if any of them are big enough impact players to be taken in the 1st, since a good CB may only be in on a few plays during a game. I'd be more interested in a playmaking LB or pass-rushing DE (to replace Hicks) at #15, and then get one of these CB's in the 2nd.

royr17
01-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I want either this guy, Justin Miller, or Carlos Rogers in the draft !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HolmeZz
01-06-2005, 06:01 PM
HolmeZz' Cornerback Rankings:
1. Antrel Rolle
2. Adam Jones
3. Carlos Rogers
4. Brandon Browner
5. Marlin Jackson
6. Justin Miller
7. Corey Webster
8. Bryant McFadden

royr17
01-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Arc is that Browner any good and worth a 1st round draft pick ???

Frosty
01-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Arc is that Browner any good and worth a 1st round draft pick ???

Based on potential, yes.

However, he is very green. He has only played the position two years. I don't think he will be able to step right in and start.

I will pimp "my guys" 'til the cows come home, but I wouldn't take Browner with the 15th pick, especially if Marlin Jackson or Carlos Rogers are still on board. If I could trade down and get him in the late 1st or with a second, I would in a heartbeat.