PDA

View Full Version : The Sh*t is already fly'n, KU @ UK, Sunday's game....

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 05:49 PM
:KU: Family Fued , KU/UK style

Our house ( family ) is divided . Living here in KY, we are out numbered, but ther Crimson & Blue in this family is holding it's own. That gay ass song they play, My Old KY home, I have changed a few words and her family is pissed about it.

So far, I have converted a few family members into :KU:fans
III
Missy
Jazzy
Chasity
Jordan
Mathew
Tammy
Gordon
and myself to root on the good guys.

The wife has her whole clan plus.....
2 son in laws

We are out numbered, plus the whole damn state is locking into the Cats.

This is going to be a good game. The Cats are young and athletic, while we are without Wayne. If we fall behind like GT game, forget about a win.We can hang with them if we shoot well and play defense. Anything less, it's going to take a poor game on their part to keep close.

The Cats have a local kid that grew up here in Greenville area, went to school here and played at Western Kentucky before transfering to UK. He's a good kid, I hope he has a bad night shooting the ball in this one.

:KU: Rock Chalk Jayhawks :KU:

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-06-2005, 05:55 PM
What is Kentucky ranked?

royr17
01-06-2005, 05:56 PM
The kids name is Patrick Sparks. I knew the guy, my high school team played against him. Me and him are friends.

But the guy is not as good as MILES, yes you heard me right, MILES is better then him in a heartbeat.

The guy is cocky and puts hisself before the team more then the team before him. Yes Patrick is a good player but when it comes to Sunday you will see Miles shut him down.

But here's to a very good, hard fighting, well fought out game and to proving my friends wrong that have all said that kentucky is going to smoke us accept for my best friend Michael.

royr17
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
they are # 9 in the country !!!

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Kentucky is as hard to beat at Rupp as we are at Allen. I don't expect to beat them without Dub.

tk13
01-06-2005, 06:07 PM
They're Kentucky fans, all you have to do to get rid of them is stick a scratch and sniff sticker at the bottom of a pool and let them go at it.

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Kentucky is as hard to beat at Rupp as we are at Allen. I don't expect to beat them without Dub.

My same thoughts...... IMHO, It's going to be a close game.

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 07:49 PM
We can only hope. Ga. Tech lost their stud early or we would have been buried. If I were III I would S_T_F_U.

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 07:55 PM
We can only hope. Ga. Tech lost their stud early or we would have been buried. If I were III I would S_T_F_U.

Our 2 FF trips, we went on vacations, but the cars and house were dressed in KU gear, signs and posters. The town noticed it, now the 2 teams play, again with a local boy starting for UK.

:KU: Rock Chalk Jayhawk :KU:

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Our 2 FF trips, we went on vacations, but the cars and house were dressed in KU gear, signs and posters. The town noticed it, now the 2 teams play, again with a local boy starting for UK.

:KU: Rock Chalk Jayhawk :KU:
Ooh Myyy Godd!!! You poor soul. We'd be hard pressed to beat them with Dub in their house. Would you consider moving?

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Ooh Myyy Godd!!! You poor soul. We'd be hard pressed to beat them with Dub in their house. Would you consider moving?

Ha Ha, if clicking my heals 2 times would work,it would already be done.

I have always had the dream of going back home to Kansas someday, maybe someday will come. :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
The kids name is Patrick Sparks. I knew the guy, my high school team played against him. Me and him are friends.

But the guy is not as good as MILES, yes you heard me right, MILES is better then him in a heartbeat.

The guy is cocky and puts hisself before the team more then the team before him. Yes Patrick is a good player but when it comes to Sunday you will see Miles shut him down.

But here's to a very good, hard fighting, well fought out game and to proving my friends wrong that have all said that kentucky is going to smoke us accept for my best friend Michael.

Didn't Sparks play for Western Kentucky?

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 08:52 PM

Yes he did .

Mr. Christopher
01-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Without Simien, I fear that this will be our first loss of the season. But it will be a good character builder for March Madness.

unlurking
01-06-2005, 09:12 PM
HOLY CRAP that's a big family!!!!

I disown family members that stray from the fold.

You must remember that blood may be thicker than water, but when mixed with alcohol during a sporting event it's thinner than the bars between you in the jailhouse after kicking their sorry azzes!!

royr17
01-06-2005, 09:44 PM

Yea, Wish we would've stay there. First off personally I dont see why he'd want to go to Kentucky because first off thats where he wanted to go but Tubby wouldnt take him cause he didnt think he was good enough and for a coach to say that I wouldnt of went there even if I had a 2nd chance.

Swanman
01-07-2005, 08:09 AM
It will be real interesting to see if KU can get it done outside of Phog Allen, because I believe this is their first road game of the year. KU's been a hard team to figure out because they've won every game but every game has been at home and they've barely squeaked by against some mediocre competition. But there's something to be said for being undefeated, you can only win the games you've played. But being an Illini fan that still harbors a little bit of ill will towards Bill Self (although I think we got a better coach in Weber), I hope Kentucky gives them a thrashing.

Lzen
01-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Swanman, you should should be thanking Bill Self. Without him, you wouldn't be #1 right now because you wouldn't have all that talent. ;)

I tend to agree with Skip. Without Wayne, KU hasn't found an inside threat on the offensive end. If the 3s don't fall, KU might lose. But maybe Miles and Langford will put the team on their backs once again. But Rupp is a very tough place to play. I don't expect :KU: to win this one. Nor would I be shocked if they do pull out a win (unless it was a blowout, of course).

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 08:49 AM
It will be real interesting to see if KU can get it done outside of Phog Allen, because I believe this is their first road game of the year. KU's been a hard team to figure out because they've won every game but every game has been at home and they've barely squeaked by against some mediocre competition. But there's something to be said for being undefeated, you can only win the games you've played. But being an Illini fan that still harbors a little bit of ill will towards Bill Self (although I think we got a better coach in Weber), I hope Kentucky gives them a thrashing.
Why would you be mad at Bill Self for handing you a #1 team? We'll have to wait and see how Weber does with his own players.

ROYC75
01-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Illini was loaded to start with, Weber picked up a couple of prize recruits. Kinda like Roy Williams, NC was loaded and it was HOME, reason to move as much as Self believed that KU was the best place to coach basketball. Weber moved up to a better job.

All 3 coaches got what they wanted, dream jobs from there previous jobs.

As for KU, there's no place like home ! :p

Swanman
01-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Illini was loaded to start with, Weber picked up a couple of prize recruits. Kinda like Roy Williams, NC was loaded and it was HOME, reason to move as much as Self believed that KU was the best place to coach basketball. Weber moved up to a better job.

All 3 coaches got what they wanted, dream jobs from there previous jobs.

As for KU, there's no place like home ! :p

Thank you Roy, I'm so sick of people saying that Weber is succeeding because he has Self's players when they don't realize that Self succeeded in part due to Lon Kruger leaving him with players like Frank Williams and Brian Cook. My belief is that Self is a better recruiter than Weber but Weber is a better game coach than Self, so it's basically a wash in the end, they're both very good coaches.

It could very well happen that those 3 coaches from that coaching carousel could end up in the Final Four this year which would make for a great story. What would be hilarious is if Matt Doherty (who started the whole thing in motion by getting fired) started coaching again and his team made the final four as well (which won't happen because he's a piss-poor coach).

Bearcat
01-07-2005, 12:09 PM

Isn't he the asshat that drew the 3 point foul against Louisville by throwing himself into the Louisville player (some say, while traveling)? I hate that crap :# ....and then after the game, when asked if he was trying to draw the fould, he said something like "No, I was just trying to get a good shot off, and then I saw him go up in the air so I kind of leaned into it" :banghead:

ROYC75
01-09-2005, 06:23 PM
All is great in KY right now. Nice KU win, BTW, I have a few relatives that are sore losers. :D

ChiefsFire
01-09-2005, 06:30 PM
to go into Rump Arena and get a hard fought win with the froshes???? PRICELESS