PDA

View Full Version : Jack Harry blowing up KU on the sports spot

Eleazar
01-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Ok, so Harry is a talentless hack and this isn't exactly a premiere sports program but that segment was hilarious ROFL

He called KU the most overhyped and overrated team in the nation after last night's home scare from conference bottom-feeder Texas A&M. He also directed a good load of criticism as Giddens, showed him launching longball after longball from last night, all bricks, and wondered aloud why he was so afraid to go to the hoop during his 21 pointless minutes.

Just thought it was pretty funny to hear Harry rip into someone besides the Chiefs. Apparently KU hasn't been putting out his favorite hors d'oeuvres at the media buffet ROFL

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Giddens was freaking terrible. Langford was nothing to write home about. Miles played solid, and Moody and Galindo sealed the deal with some last minute heroics, but other than that KU looked shitty last night.

Eleazar
01-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Giddens was freaking terrible. Langford was nothing to write home about. Miles played solid, and Moody and Galindo sealed the deal with some last minute heroics, but other than that KU looked shitty last night.

From what I have seen of them without Miles they haven't got a lot.

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
From what I have seen of them without Miles they haven't got a lot.
What confuses me is they beat Georgia Tech, and then lay an egg (but still win) vs Texas A&M.

Granted, I don't know much about the Aggies. They were undefeated, but their schedule consisted of teams even i've never heard of. Texas Permian-Basin? Trinity College? One of those is a DII and one is a DIII.

Of course, they did manage to beat Houston.

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Harry has been an asshat for many years. But he isn't too far off base this time. Without Dub, this team ain't much.

bobbything
01-06-2005, 07:28 PM
KU executes very poorly on the offensive end right now. Part of it has to do with the absence of Simien. However, they didn't look too stellar with him in the lineup either.

As a KU fan, I find it troubling that with 4 players on this team that have been to Elite 8's, Final Fours, and a NC game, they still have trouble looking like they've actually played together before. The victories are nice, but this sloppy play will catch up with them eventually.

KU homers will tell critics to stop complaining about wins. They're 10-0. There's no Wayne Simien. They're running a different offense. Bla bla bla. Which is true. But to simply accept poor execution and sloppy play just because they're 10-0 is only going to lead to disappointment, IMHO.

Eleazar
01-06-2005, 07:46 PM
What confuses me is they beat Georgia Tech, and then lay an egg (but still win) vs Texas A&M.

Granted, I don't know much about the Aggies. They were undefeated, but their schedule consisted of teams even i've never heard of. Texas Permian-Basin? Trinity College? One of those is a DII and one is a DIII.

Of course, they did manage to beat Houston.

I was more remembering last year when they were 0-16 in the conference

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 07:48 PM
I was more remembering last year when they were 0-16 in the conference
Its conference play now..I don't put too much stock in to anything that happened last year.

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I also noticed against Ga. Tech, we went away from the Hi-Lo (thank God) and into a penetrating offense I've never seen before. Anybody know the name of it?

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I also noticed against Ga. Tech, we went away from the Hi-Lo (thank God) and into a penetrating offense I've never seen before. Anybody know the name of it?

Taking it to the hoop ? :p

Without a dominate big guy in the paint, we are going to struggle. I sence that by the time the tourney rolls around, we will be at the top of our game.

Eleazar
01-06-2005, 08:02 PM

Without a dominate big guy in the paint, we are going to struggle. I sence that by the time the tourney rolls around, we will be at the top of our game.

You sound like me... the Missouri fan... be afraid, be very afraid :p

Deberg_1990
01-06-2005, 08:15 PM

True, KU needs one of those Goofy Australian guys like Georgia Tech has! hahah

Bearcat
01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Harry has been an asshat for many years. But he isn't too far off base this time. Without Dub, this team ain't much.

Yeah... I like listening to him, because it's better than other sportscasters that just kiss ass, but he does go over the edge about KU sometimes.

aTm was a sandwich game.... plain and simple.

Sure, the 40 point blowouts under Roy were really entertaining against the mediocre-bad teams, but it's not going to happen with Self's defense-first mentality. Look back and see who they lost to last year...... and I wasn't real happy about it. Did it matter? Not in March...

Demonpenz
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM

i think they were running motion

OPChief
01-06-2005, 09:58 PM
"Without Dub, this team ain't much."

Ga Tech may disagree. :thumb:

HC_Chief
01-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Offensive execution has been terrible. They need to drive the lane more instead of putting up quick treys.

Defense has been outstanding :thumb:

Dave Lane
01-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Ok, so Harry is a talentless hack and this isn't exactly a premiere sports program but that segment was hilarious ROFL

He called KU the most overhyped and overrated team in the nation after last night's home scare from conference bottom-feeder Texas A&M. He also directed a good load of criticism as Giddens, showed him launching longball after longball from last night, all bricks, and wondered aloud why he was so afraid to go to the hoop during his 21 pointless minutes.

Just thought it was pretty funny to hear Harry rip into someone besides the Chiefs. Apparently KU hasn't been putting out his favorite hors d'oeuvres at the media buffet ROFL

Jack Hacky is a MU homer to the N'th degree I'd be far more stunned if he had anything good to say about KU. Hes to busy slobbering on Norm Stewarts schlong to pay any real attention to something like sports. Plus he's a perfect lead for grumpy old men.

Dave

teedubya
01-07-2005, 12:23 AM
anytime Jack Harry has EVER had to say good things about KU, it has been with a grimace on his face... He HATES KU...

but yeah, Giddens needs to learn to drive teh lane. His brick after brick after brick does get old... However, last year in the NCAA's there were few bricks... most of his threes were solid. He just needs the baows to go inside and get fouled taking it to the hoop.

the Talking Can
01-07-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm worried sick about KU.

Really.

I'm not kidding.

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 12:53 AM
i think they were running motion
Nope, it wasn't the motion offense, I watched Roy run that for 15 years. It was a drive to the basket offense that I haven't seen in my 50 years of watching hoops.