01-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the Big XII.

Oops, I gotta go!

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 08:09 PM
PS, on ESPN2.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Correction: Memphis, Tejas thrashing each other equally at the half.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't know if we'll pull this out in the end -- Texas is a tough place to play. But the important thing is, something "clicked" during the Providence game, and the team finally started playing like one.

KevB
01-06-2005, 10:10 PM
I don't know if we'll pull this out in the end -- Texas is a tough place to play. But the important thing is, something "clicked" during the Providence game, and the team finally started playing like one.

Banks still doesn't have a clue. Twice down the stretch he had a chance to hit shots to take a lead, and he settles for a fadeaway with a hand in his face and an off-balance 3. When he takes it to the basket, he's getting fouled at the least.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I love how they called fouls on everyone on each end of the court for the first ten minutes of the second half, then didn't even call Klotz for a foul (when he should have been thrown out of the game) for PUNCHING an opposing player.

Good effort, much improvement shown, but a total collapse on the offensive end at the end. The game was probably lost on the play where it was tied (63-63?) and Banks' open three-point attempt was just ugly. He was way off-balance. Good look, bad shot.

I wouldn't blame Banks for all of it. On the second possession with around a minute left and the Tigers down by just two, Banks wasn't even on the floor, and nobody had the bright idea to at least TRY to set a screen so Washington could drive to the basket. Result? Turnover and slam on the other end.

KevB
01-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I love how they called fouls on everyone on each end of the court for the first ten minutes of the second half, then didn't even call Klotz for a foul (when he should have been thrown out of the game) for PUNCHING an opposing player.

Good effort, much improvement shown, but a total collapse on the offensive end at the end. The game was probably lost on the play where it was tied (63-63?) and Banks' open three-point attempt was just ugly. He was way off-balance. Good look, bad shot.

I wouldn't blame Banks for all of it. On the second possession with around a minute left and the Tigers down by just two, Banks wasn't even on the floor, and nobody had the bright idea to at least TRY to set a screen so Washington could drive to the basket. Result? Turnover and slam on the other end.

It's not all on Banks. The biggest problem with this team, as it was last year, is zero post presence on the offensive end. This team relies on 3s, but they never get a double down in the post and a kick to an open shooter.

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Haha. Memphis lost. They suck.

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Haha. Memphis lost. They suck.
Hey Saul, thanks for handling Psicosis for me, I just don't have time to cover those minor league teams.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Kansas is a thug program. Who cares what you tards (especially the bandwagon-hopping tard) think?

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey Saul, thanks for handling Psicosis for me, I just don't have time to cover those minor league teams.
Its not hard to cover the ankle biters...AKA the C-USA. Right now the MVC is getting kind of fiesty. I'm glad there aren't too many WuShucks on here, or Creighton Bluegays.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:07 PM
"I'm not just a Memphis fan, I'm also a Duke, Arizona, and North Carolina fan! Kansas sucks!"

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Kansas is a thug program. Who cares what you tards (especially the bandwagon-hopping tard) think?
Kansas is a thug program? Shit. Look at Memphis. What kind of college player claims to have 40k worth of mink coats in his dorm room?

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Its not hard to cover the ankle biters...AKA the C-USA. Right now the MVC is getting kind of fiesty. I'm glad there aren't too many WuShucks on here, or Creighton Bluegays.Both of whom would probably kick the shit out of KSU. Of course, they're only your #1 in football. :rolleyes:

Let me guess... you root for the Donks when they're not playing the Chiefs, don't you?

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:08 PM
"I'm not just a Memphis fan, I'm also a Duke, Arizona, and North Carolina fan! Kansas sucks!"
Sorry. Maybe you can claim some other C-USA anklebiter. Oh yeah, all the good teams are abandoning the conference. You could try claiming Rocky Top.

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Both of whom would probably kick the shit out of KSU. Of course, they're only your #1 in football. :rolleyes:

Let me guess... you root for the Donks when they're not playing the Chiefs, don't you?
WSU has lost to K-State twice in a row now. We don't play them this year, but we'd still probably beat them.

Creighton, who knows. We beat Wyoming on the road, and Wyoming beat Creighton @Omaha. I don't think that bodes well for Dana Altman.

And no, K-State first.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Kansas is a thug program? Shit. Look at Memphis. What kind of college player claims to have 40k worth of mink coats in his dorm room?A player who misunderstood what the girl (who owned the coats) was trying to say on the other end of a phone line. They were fakes, worth about $3,500 total for about 8 coats/purses. She said they were worth "about 5,000," and he thought she meant each.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:10 PM
And no, K-State first.That doesn't make you less of a glory hunter, you sniveling little turd.

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:11 PM
A player who misunderstood what the girl (who owned the coats) was trying to say on the other end of a phone line. They were fakes, worth about $3,500 total for about 8 coats/purses. She said they were worth "about 5,000," and he thought she meant each.
So how did that all total up to $66,000?

Saulbadguy
That doesn't make you less of a glory hunter, you sniveling little turd.
Yes...because Kansas and Kansas State have soooooooooo many national championships. :rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
You could try claiming Rocky Top.No. First, they're a shit basketball program. Second, that's the patented Saul approach, and you'd probably sue.

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:13 PM
No. First, they're a shit basketball program. Second, that's the patented Saul approach, and you'd probably sue.
My approach is a bit different. I root for K-State in everything, even poultry judging. If K-State manages to beat Kansas in Basketball this year, i'll be one of the first ones celebrating on the court of Bramlage, and the last one to leave Aggieville. Like I said, K-State first.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:14 PM
So how did that all total up to $66,000?It didn't. The police report was amended as soon as she heard the news reports.

The rest of the stuff stolen was mainly basketball shoes (Basketball players owning lots of basketball shoes? No way!) and throwback jerseys owned by Arthur Barclay. Those were given to him by close friend Dajuan Wagner, who came to Memphis with him (well, actually a year after him) from Camden, NJ.

Saulbadguy
ChiefsCubsMemphisfan. Like that is supposed to make ANY sense!

Ultra Peanut
My approach is a bit different. I root for K-State in everything, even poultry judging. Is that a Big XII-sponsored sport, or just a club-level thing?

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Is that a Big XII-sponsored sport?
Nope...but I think it actually does exist. Heh. So does cattle judging, and other farm-related things.

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I don't really dislike Memphis. This is just amusing.

Why did they change from Memphis State?

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 11:22 PM
My approach is a bit different. I root for K-State in everything, even poultry judging. If K-State manages to beat Kansas in Basketball this year, i'll be one of the first ones celebrating on the court of Bramlage, and the last one to leave Aggieville. Like I said, K-State first.
Hey, you are both good guys and are both guys that I have taken under my wing to protect as my own. And yes I have given you both a lot of shit. But you have both survived the test. I also favor Metrolike and David. You young guys are great!!!!!

Saulbadguy
01-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Once I realized you were a decrepit old man typing away on a WebTV, I found it much easier to handle your shit.

:p

:ksu:

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't really dislike Memphis. This is just amusing.

Why did they change from Memphis State?The school had basically changed so much (for the better) in the time they had been known as Memphis State that the administration believed the best thing to do was the reflect that new focus in a very public way by giving the university a new name: THE University of Memphis (as emphasized by Wade Smith every time Miami's on Monday Night Football ROFL).

I like it, but then, I was pretty young when the switch happened. Lots of people were really upset about it back then.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I also favor Metrolike and David. I can take a lot of things... but that's inexcusable.

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 07:18 AM
ROFL
Did Jason Klotz punch a Memphis player in the stomach?

Good job, supposed flagship of the Big XII. What a moron.

Ultra Peanut
01-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Yep. Njoya never came back into the game after the cheap shot, either.

That punkass bitch deserves at least a two-game suspension.

Funny. I just got through reading a thread about this on a Memphis forum, and then I look at CP again and there's a post in this thread about it.

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 08:17 AM
I think Klotz got a one game suspension.

Ultra Peanut
01-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Since he didn't get tossed from the game (or even called for a foul), he deserves at least two.

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 08:41 AM
That'll learn those small fry teams not to mess with the big boys.

Lzen
01-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Nope...but I think it actually does exist. Heh. So does cattle judging, and other farm-related things.

And that right there, folks, is all you need to know about Kansas State. ROFL

Lzen
01-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey, you are both good guys and are both guys that I have taken under my wing to protect as my own. And yes I have given you both a lot of shit. But you have both survived the test. I also favor Metrolike and David. You young guys are great!!!!!

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers?

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 08:55 AM
And that right there, folks, is all you need to know about Kansas State. ROFL
Yeah yeah..its just a "hick" school

Lzen
01-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Yeah yeah..its just a "hick" school

Ooh, that's hitting below the belt. Why I ought ta......... :cuss:

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey Psicosis, I'd really like to root for your thugs but as you know they have been deemed "unrootable". Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Texas sucks. Scoreboard, Longwhorens.

Ultra Peanut
01-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Klotz = street thug

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Klotz = street thug
Bill Self's gonna get us some thugs.

Ultra Peanut
01-07-2005, 11:48 AM
But not street thugs like Ron Artest and Roger Klotz, right?

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Texas sucks. Scoreboard, Longwhorens.

UGH! No way could I stomach to cheer for saxeT in anything.