PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Imaginary 2004 Defense...

Taco John
01-07-2005, 04:57 AM
Who would you have brought in?

I would have sent a message to the team and to the world that we're making changes.

Cut: Woods, Bartee, Beisel, Hicks, Warfield

Sign:
DT- Dalton
CB - Troy Vincent, Shaun Springs.
S - John Lynch
LB - Marcus Washington

What say you?

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 05:01 AM
I would have kept Warfield but cut everyone else on your list.

Vincent hasn't been so hot in Buffalo but I would have signed Shawn Springs.

I would have shelled out for Jevon Kearse. Signed Jeremiah Trotter to play MLB.

Not sure who was available at FS but I guess Lynch too.

tk13
01-07-2005, 05:10 AM
ROFL This is obviously just trying to bait everybody, and good luck with all that.... but I'll believe that you would've had anything to do with Lional Dalton when you show us pictures of pigs flying out of your colon. Don't give me any "Oh I always thought he had upside" BS either, you thought it was hilarious when we signed "jelly"...

Taco John
01-07-2005, 05:11 AM
I cut Warfield despite the contract. That's part of the "send a message" bit. The dude has 3 DUIs. How do you keep a guy who has been nothing but a constant distraction his entire career?

It's ridiculous to listen to Cheifs fans attack John Lynch's character on the field, yet say so little about the guy on your own team with character problems.

Taco John
01-07-2005, 05:14 AM
ROFL This is obviously just trying to bait everybody, and good luck with all that.... but I'll believe that you would've had anything to do with Lional Dalton when you show us pictures of pigs flying out of your colon. Don't give me any "Oh I always thought he had upside" BS either, you thought it was hilarious when we signed "jelly"...

I have the benefit of hindsight now, which is the idea.

I'm not sure what kind of bait thread you think this is. I listed my 20/20 moves. I guess I'm "baiting" everybody to list their own, or comment on someone elses... Dubious!

tk13
01-07-2005, 05:17 AM
The only guy I'd honestly disagree with on your list was Woods. He was coming off a Pro Bowl... I agree you could make a case that he wasn't he most deserving safety even on his own team to make it, but it wasn't like the guy sucked, he had legitimately played well. I think even if we'd brought in two new corners, the fact that Woods and Wesley suddenly turned into Howdy and Doody would've really hurt the CB's contribution to the team this year because from the Colts game on they were pretty horrific at times in helping out the CB's over the top. But that said, people would've went beserk if Carl had tried to improve the defense by immediately cutting it's only Pro Bowler... and rightfully so.

Taco John
01-07-2005, 05:25 AM
I saw all I needed to see of Woods in December. I still have no idea how he made it into the probowl. I seriously think "you" idiots with your cheat script influenced the ratings. That's the only possible explination I can think of why *ANYONE* on your defense would make the probowl.

Bob Dole
01-07-2005, 06:25 AM
I cut Warfield despite the contract. That's part of the "send a message" bit. The dude has 3 DUIs. How do you keep a guy who has been nothing but a constant distraction his entire career?

A distraction his entire career?

That's pretty funny. The people who seem to be distracted by his off-field behavior don't appear to be members of the Chiefs' roster.

It's also pretty lame (even for you) to go on about people commenting on Lynch's on-field violation of NFL rules instead of the stupid, illegal, non-football shit Warfield does in his free time.

Or did Bob Dole wander on to the MADD forum by accident?

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 07:02 AM
I have the benefit of hindsight now, which is the idea.

I'm not sure what kind of bait thread you think this is. I listed my 20/20 moves. I guess I'm "baiting" everybody to list their own, or comment on someone elses... Dubious!

This is stupid...using hindsight makes this excercise pointless. Not to mention the fact that Lamar wasnt willing to open up is wallet to sign anyone last year, the exercise becomes futile--making this thread more rife with 'make believe' than Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Taco John
01-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, considering that make believe is something that is pretty common here (ie. "Gunther is all we need," "we just need to have a mediocre defense," et. al), I figured it might be interesting to see who people might have gone after in hindsight...

Of course, doing that wrecks the whole excuse line of "there was no one available to get." So if you've bought on to that farce, this little excersize isn't so much fun.

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't have cut Beisel. The guy was nails on ST's. That's his niche.

Coach
01-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Holliday is gone, since I don't think the Chiefs would want him around anymore, since he's been nothing but injury prone and can't stay on his f*cking lane when it comes to cut-backs and bootlegs.

Hicks should be demoted to back-up or traded/cut. Haven't really heard much about this guy. Thought he would do well under Gunther's style, but that's not the case. I wonder if his knee injury that he suffered a few years back really took his burst.

I would like to trade McCleon for a bag of peanuts or Gatorade. If no takers, then just cut him. McCleon should not be on the field, regardless of injury or not. He's been consistently beaten over and over. McCleon is Mighty Mouse part 2.

Bartee, he has improved at early in the season, but then mysteriously disappeared at the end and finds himself more of a "chaser" role quite often. Not sure what to do with him, but I would say pretty much cut him.

Warfield is not a legimate number 1 CB in the NFL. However, he is more suited for number 2 I would think.

Beisel being cut? I would have to disagree TJ, since Beisel is a suitable back-up player, and is a good special teamer player.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2005, 12:11 PM
So Taco, does this mean that the Broncos should cut Plummer this off-season (to send a message) of course. Then sign free agent Drew Brees as QB??

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, considering that make believe is something that is pretty common here (ie. "Gunther is all we need," "we just need to have a mediocre defense," et. al), I figured it might be interesting to see who people might have gone after in hindsight...

Of course, doing that wrecks the whole excuse line of "there was no one available to get." So if you've bought on to that farce, this little excersize isn't so much fun.

Sorry, wrong excuse for me...Lamar didnt want to open the wallet, is my excuse.

As for "what should have done", well I think most agreed that something should have been done and nothing was and KC suffered because of it.

Doing the "Knowing how the FA's panned out--KC should have done X" is kind of silly, because everyone will be right.