PDA

View Full Version : Schottenheimer Schadenfreude

siberian khatru
01-07-2005, 08:48 AM
I know this makes me petty, mean, an asshole, etc.

But does anybody else want to see Marty lose this weekend?

I just can't stomach the thought of watching him win playoff games for another franchise, after what he did here.

I think San Diego will beat the Jets, but as much as I also hate Paul Hackett I'll be rooting for the J-E-T-S to make Marty once again look like a choking chump.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Seeing him choke would be funny, but I think he has adapted to the new NFL and isn't set in his Martyball ways. He deserves a playoff win for what he has done in San Diego.

Of course it WILL be hilarious if he reverts to his conservative ways in the playoffs. ROFL

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 08:51 AM
I mentioned this yesterday, but I really dont care either way...for me, what really matters is to see if Marty has learned his lesson to not break out the supersecret playoff playbook.

Saulbadguy
FVCK Marty. I will never forgive him for the Grbac-Gannon debacle.

Baby Lee
You just want to justify your stance that Schottenheimer is a loser, as opposed to the Chiefs themselves being losers, who he made better than they deserved.

NTTAWWT. ;)

morphius
If he keeps from getting too involved with the offense he could actually win, but if he starts dipping his fingers into it he will kill that offense.

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah Marty. The Chargers are still getting better and have a ton of draft choices. You bashers had better bash while you still can.

siberian khatru
01-07-2005, 08:53 AM
who he made better than they deserved.

ROFL

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
01-07-2005, 08:56 AM
I loved Marty when he was our coach and hated to see him go. He is one hell of a football coach. I hope he wins the super bowl.

Eleazar
01-07-2005, 08:57 AM
I am rooting for him. Even if he never did a lot in the playoffs here, he helped give us many pretty successful years, a lot of great players to watch, great memories of those teams. I've got nothing against him and hope he does well.

Who do you pukes want to win? The friggin Pats, aren't you sick of them yet? The squeelers? The Colts? Bleh.

Coach
01-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I loved Marty when he was our coach and hated to see him go. He is one hell of a football coach. I hope he wins the super bowl.

KCJohnny? Is that you?

Chiefnj
01-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm rooting for San Diego and Marty.

Baby Lee
01-07-2005, 09:02 AM
If he keeps from getting too involved with the offense he could actually win, but if he starts dipping his fingers into it he will kill that offense.
You have no idea of the magnitude of this thing. If his meddling is allowed to infiltrate this world, then Marty Schottenheimer as you know him ceases to exist! You see, right now, I have Playoff Marty, but there is also Regular Season Marty. That's the Marty you know, the Marty you grew up with -- Turnover Marty, Stomp on Their Throat Marty, Blitzing Marty, Bawdy Marty.

I love that Marty.

Me Too! And he's Dying Pooky! If Playoff Marty walks through this door, he will Kill Regular Season Marty! A Marty, divided against itself, Cannot Stand!

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 09:05 AM

We wouldn't have won shit with Gannon.

siberian khatru
01-07-2005, 09:09 AM
You have no idea of the magnitude of this thing. If his meddling is allowed to infiltrate this world, then Marty Schottenheimer as you know him ceases to exist! You see, right now, I have Playoff Marty, but there is also Regular Season Marty. That's the Marty you know, the Marty you grew up with -- Turnover Marty, Stomp on Their Throat Marty, Blitzing Marty, Bawdy Marty.

I love that Marty.

Me Too! And he's Dying Pooky! If Playoff Marty walks through this door, he will Kill Regular Season Marty! A Marty, divided against itself, Cannot Stand!

http://media.episodenguide.de/tos/3x15.jpg

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 09:12 AM
We wouldn't have won shit with Gannon.
Bullshit.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Bullshit.

What would Gannon have done differently than Grbac? You think he was capable of throwing for 4,000 yards and 28 TDs with no running game?

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
What would Gannon have done differently than Grbac? You think he was capable of throwing for 4,000 yards and 28 TDs with no running game?
I think he would have won a home playoff game vs Denver.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 09:23 AM
I think he would have won a home playoff game vs Denver.

Not with Marty's piss-poor clock management on the sidelines.

J Diddy
01-07-2005, 09:24 AM

Oh, I don't know. Maybe had the respect of the guys playing with him.

In Grbac's years here the only positive thing I can say about him is that, yes, he indeed was growing a beard.

Eleazar
01-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Gannon is a fraud. We never should have tried to go with either of them.

J Diddy
01-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Not with Marty's piss-poor clock management on the sidelines.

Didn't that come down to a helmet speaker malfunction. To which Grbac flailed around for like 15 seconds trying to figure out which way was up.

You think Gannon would have done that?

J Diddy
01-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Gannon is a fraud. We never should have tried to go with either of them.

How is gannon a fraud?

An asshole for going to the raiders, yes, but I don't think he is a fraud.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Didn't that come down to a helmet speaker malfunction. To which Grbac flailed around for like 15 seconds trying to figure out which way was up.

You think Gannon would have done that?

Gannon probably would have been intercepted.

Besides, even if we scored, Elway would have brought 'em back.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 09:27 AM
How is gannon a fraud?

An asshole for going to the raiders, yes, but I don't think he is a fraud.

OK, I take it back. If he had a couple HOF wideouts in KC he would have done something.

J Diddy
01-07-2005, 09:29 AM
OK, I take it back. If he had a couple HOF wideouts in KC he would have done something.

To quote your boy Grbac "I can't catch the ball, too"

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 09:37 AM
:clap: Perrrfect! That is the difference, then and now!

Chief Henry
01-07-2005, 09:42 AM

I'm pretty torked still over that freeking debackle. But I'm not so sure it was Mar-Tay's choice :banghead: :banghead:

Dartgod
01-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Oh no, not this shit AGAIN!

http://www.hateyourdaddy.com/oh-no.jpg

Eleazar
01-07-2005, 10:02 AM

Yeah, like Gannon is a team player or anything. I guess you haven't seen him finger-pointing in Chokeland the last 3 or 4 years.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty torked still over that freeking debackle. But I'm not so sure it was Mar-Tay's choice :banghead: :banghead:

Of course not. Carl made that decision, just ask Denise.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 10:04 AM
I am rooting against him.

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 10:06 AM

What makes you think it wasnt Marty's choice to start Grbac over Gannon? What evidence do you have?

Kerberos
01-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Marty was always pulling his martyball tactics out in every game and pissed off EVERY FAN in the stands at home games. As much as I really liked him as a coach HERE ... I hated his tactics just as much...

The coach you LOVE to HATE!

Or something like that ....

I would kinda like to see Rottsinburger go to the SB as a rookie and win it... I am not a Spitsburg fan but I was ALWAYS a Cower Fan as he has some of the BEST DEFENSE the very short term he was in KC as well as with Marty in Cleve-Land.

:)

Cliff

Michael Michigan
01-07-2005, 11:10 AM

This is what you have chosen for the example that you are petty, mean and an asshole, etc.?

I think you can do better than that.

;)

siberian khatru
01-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Marty was always pulling his martyball tactics out in every game and pissed off EVERY FAN in the stands at home games. As much as I really liked him as a coach HERE ... I hated his tactics just as much...

The coach you LOVE to HATE!

Or something like that ....

I would kinda like to see Rottsinburger go to the SB as a rookie and win it... I am not a Spitsburg fan but I was ALWAYS a Cower Fan as he has some of the BEST DEFENSE the very short term he was in KC as well as with Marty in Cleve-Land.

:)

Cliff

I always root for Cowher. I'm a Steeler fan in the AFC playoffs this year.

WilliamTheIrish

I love that Marty.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
hhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

siberian khatru
This is what you have chosen for the example that you are petty, mean and an asshole, etc.?

I think you can do better than that.

;)

F*ck off, dickweed.

:p

gblowfish
01-07-2005, 11:16 AM
"Quite Frankly, there's a gleam, men. A GLEAM! Now it's time to get the boat going in the right direction. Pick up an oar, and let's row...yadda yadda yadda..."

Things that will bite Marty in the butt:
1) Conservative play calling;
2) Rookie field goal kicker
3) Bad Mojo: Marty chasing the Super Bowl is like Ishmael chasing the whale in Moby Dick. Just ain't gonna happen.

Chiefs fans and Browns fans agree...and Bolts fans will soon learn. Marty'll get you close, but break your heart every time.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 11:17 AM
3) Bad Mojo: Marty chasing the Super Bowl is like Ishmael chasing the whale in Moby Dick.

"If his chest had been a cannon he would have shot his fullback upon it!"

memyselfI
01-07-2005, 11:19 AM

I just can't stomach the thought of watching him win playoff games for another franchise, after what he did here.

I think San Diego will beat the Jets, but as much as I also hate Paul Hackett I'll be rooting for the J-E-T-S to make Marty once again look like a choking chump.

Nope. I'd love for him to win a playoff game and go on the list of those who have won one since they left Carl behind.

memyselfI
01-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Of course not. Carl made that decision, just ask Denise.

He did, Marty could not bench Carl's newest pet project from SF after he'd been given a big fat paycheck...no way.

sd4chiefs
01-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Anyone that wants to see Marty lose this weekend is just pissed off and bitter that the Chiefs have not been to a superbowl for over 30 years. You can put me on that list. Go Jets.

P.S. All of the San Diego Bandwagoners can kiss my a$$.

Straight, No Chaser
01-07-2005, 11:26 AM

You should probably have kept those thoughts to yourself. What you'll get is Marty winning a playoff game with a 42 year old midget playing QB... and get this, they win it in OT with a long FG ;)

--->

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2005, 11:31 AM
It should be interesting. Marty, at home, division champ, squaring off against a coach that he raised from a pup.

Herm Edwards is from the School of Regular Season Marty.

I think the J-E-T-S upset Marty's boys with Curtis Martin getting a tough 100+ yards.

Dave Lane
01-07-2005, 11:34 AM

Personally I want to se Chokenheimmer do his usual choke job on the sidelines. And if an errant ball in flight strikes him in the temple and a massive bloodclot strikes him dead so be it. Not that I'm vindictive or anything. ROFL

Dave

siberian khatru
01-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Personally I want to se Chokenheimmer do his usual choke job on the sidelines. And if an errant ball in flight strikes him in the temple and a massive bloodclot strikes him dead so be it. Not that I'm vindictive or anything. ROFL

Dave

Thanks for making me look like Mohandas K. Gandhi. ROFL

chiefs4me
01-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Screw marty and his eggos,, I am still mad at what he did and didn't do in KC,, call me selfish all you want. I hope the eggos go down hard. GO STEELERS

6 Iron
01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I limit my schadenfreude to the Broncos. Watching the Marty-led Chiefs lose in the playoffs was painful, but I believe the man truly gave everything he had (and knew) to our team. He just was not a leader of playoff winners. The Chargers are a better balanced club than I have ever seen him coach. I wish him luck until the next time he plays the Chiefs; then I want him curled up on the sideline in the fetal position.

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Screw marty and his eggos,, I am still mad at what he did and didn't do in KC,, call me selfish all you want. I hope the eggos go down hard. GO STEELERS
I was gonna give you rep but now I hope a rather large bird flies up your nose.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2005, 12:05 PM
I limit my schadenfreude to the Broncos. Watching the Marty-led Chiefs lose in the playoffs was painful, but I believe the man truly gave everything he had (and knew) to our team. He just was not a leader of playoff winners. The Chargers are a better balanced club than I have ever seen him coach. I wish him luck until the next time he plays the Chiefs; then I want him curled up on the sideline in the fetal position.

They are good, but not any better than our 1997 teams was. They will probably win this week against the Jets, but will lose the next week. Marty always finds new ways to screw it up. He will I promise you.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Nope. I'd love for him to win a playoff game and go on the list of those who have won one since they left Carl behind.

That's a pretty short list...NOBODY.

memyselfI
01-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Nobody has won a playoff game since leaving Carl? I'm talking players and coaches.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 12:35 PM

Yeah, she's actually right. Herman Edwards, Bill Cowher, etc.

memyselfI
01-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah, she's actually right. Herman Edwards, Bill Cowher, etc.

Tony Dungy?

Predarat
01-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Im not wishing a loss on Marty but I just have this feeling NYJ is going to keep it close until the end and Bozo the Chokenheimer rears his ugly head and finds a way to loose the game. If they win this game though they will have nothing to loose the rest of the way.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Nobody has won a playoff game since leaving Carl? I'm talking players and coaches.

You said "left Carl behind". Only Marty Schottenheimer and Gunther Cunningham have "left Carl behind". And neither of them have won a playoff game since.

Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, Paul Hackett, Jimmy Raye...none of them reported to Carl Peterson...when they left, they left Marty behind.

Of course, you weren't referring to any of them. You were referring to Rich Gannon. He didn't leave anybody behind. He was kicked to the curb like the whiny loser he is.

chileanbolt
01-07-2005, 02:31 PM
I cant believe all this hatred for marty. He came in when you guys were horsechit adn brought you to the playoffs almost every season. Would you have rather just have stayed bad and been comfortable with that? I hated when he was with you guys because you guys were always good.

Martyball is dead and you know what he probably learned from his mistakes with you guys. But you cant say that he didnt try his hardest to win for KC. He dedicated most of his coaching career for you guys and is most known for being your coach.

Im not saying you have to root for us or whatever or you guys dont want him to win because its us but geez he did great things for you guys. Most teams would have loved what he did. He had some serious mishaps during the playoffs that were unfair to point on him but he is still one of the greatest coaches. SD is mixed on him but you guys had him when he was at his greatest.

Not trying to start any firefights i just wanted to let you guys know that everyone thinks he was a damn good coach for you guys and it was too bad he couldnt get all the way for you guys. Goodluck next year because I know you guys will retool

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 02:32 PM
I cant believe all this hatred for marty. He came in when you guys were horsechit adn brought you to the playoffs almost every season. Would you have rather just have stayed bad and been comfortable with that? I hated when he was with you guys because you guys were always good.

Martyball is dead and you know what he probably learned from his mistakes with you guys. But you cant say that he didnt try his hardest to win for KC. He dedicated most of his coaching career for you guys and is most known for being your coach.

Im not saying you have to root for us or whatever or you guys dont want him to win because its us but geez he did great things for you guys. Most teams would have loved what he did. He had some serious mishaps during the playoffs that were unfair to point on him but he is still one of the greatest coaches. SD is mixed on him but you guys had him when he was at his greatest.

Not trying to start any firefights i just wanted to let you guys know that everyone thinks he was a damn good coach for you guys and it was too bad he couldnt get all the way for you guys. Goodluck next year because I know you guys will retool

Too bad?

You act like the guy is a victim. There's more to his career of playoff failures than luck.

**** Marty.

chileanbolt
01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
thats sad that you guys feel that way about him

Brock
01-07-2005, 02:35 PM

He is coaching for a division rival. If you were expecting a teary-eyed love fest, you haven't been in America long enough.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Sad? Try JUSTIFIED.

The guy screwed around with golden opportunities to win championships. Changing playbooks and benching players when the games matter MOST.

He got what he deserved.

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Come back and talk when and if Marty manages to get you HFA throughout only to take a giant crap at home and lose in the first game, not once but TWICE.

I think only Philly fans could somewhat understand, but they have at least made the championship game.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Come back and talk when and if Marty manages to get you HFA throughout only to take a giant crap at home and lose in the first game, not once but TWICE.

I think only Philly fans could somewhat understand, but they have at least made the championship game.

How about 1993, the best example of Marty Ball. The Championship game did not have to end up in Buffalo! Go back earlier in the season when the Chiefs were beating the Bears at home. 4th and 1 at the Bears 1. Less than two minutes what does he do? Kicks a fugging field goal, and of course the rest is history. They drove down field and scored a TD, Chiefs end up in Buffalo! :cuss:

Mr. Laz
01-07-2005, 02:59 PM
You just want to justify your stance that Schottenheimer is a loser, as opposed to the Chiefs themselves being losers, who he made better than they deserved.

NTTAWWT. ;)

better than our General Manager deserved, that's for sure.

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 03:09 PM
How about 1993, the best example of Marty Ball. The Championship game did not have to end up in Buffalo! Go back earlier in the season when the Chiefs were beating the Bears at home. 4th and 1 at the Bears 1. Less than two minutes what does he do? Kicks a fugging field goal, and of course the rest is history. They drove down field and scored a TD, Chiefs end up in Buffalo! :cuss:

Well...way too many malted hops to remember vividly 1993 season, but settling for FG's was a Marty trademark.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2005, 03:11 PM

Look, I think we all respect Marty for what he did here. He rebuilt a downtrodden franchise back from the ashes. I will always love him for that. By the time he left he had worn out his welcome by about a year or 2. Just wait, you will get to witness his playoff fiascos first hand this year. I know that everyone expects the Bolts to beat the Jets tommorow, but im still not sure. It really wouldnt surprise any of us if they lost to them. No one thought we would lose to the Colts in 95 either.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2005, 03:12 PM
but settling for FG's was a Marty trademark.

BINGO! He did it again in that game they lost a few weeks ago to Indy! They should ahve won that game! How many times have we seen his teams blow a lead like that? Too many to count...

ptlyon
01-07-2005, 03:14 PM
MARtyOcre - DUH DUH DNT DNT DNT

Deberg_1990
01-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Marty is the modern day Chuck Knox. Good coaches, far from bad, but cant wint the big ones.

Marty Schottenheimer = Best regular season coach of all time!

XXXshogunXXX
01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
you guys just cant let go..

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
you guys just cant let go..

You know what, **** you.

I let Marty go a long time ago. But it seems like every time I log in here, to a CHIEFS MESSAGE BOARD, there's 2 or 3 topics about him.

memyselfI
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
You said "left Carl behind". Only Marty Schottenheimer and Gunther Cunningham have "left Carl behind". And neither of them have won a playoff game since.

Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, Paul Hackett, Jimmy Raye...none of them reported to Carl Peterson...when they left, they left Marty behind.

Of course, you weren't referring to any of them. You were referring to Rich Gannon. He didn't leave anybody behind. He was kicked to the curb like the whiny loser he is.

actually, I said 'since they left Carl behind' meaning they left, he stayed. They've won playoff games, he hasn't.

Calcountry
01-07-2005, 05:34 PM

I couldn't have said it better. The sight of that puke with that stupid ass bolt going sideways on the front of his baseball cap makes me ill.

Fug him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-07-2005, 05:36 PM

I like Marty. I think it was time for him to go when he left KC, but I'll always hold him in high regard for helping turn around our sad and pathetic franchise. I'll be rooting for him. I hope he wins the Super-Bowl.

tk13
01-07-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm almost certain with our luck we'll watch him annihilate the Jets this weekend, then go into Pittsburgh and pull off a huge upset, and get this upstart team to the AFC championship game so that all of our heads will explode at once considering he could only do that once here in 10 years with some of the best teams in the league....

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I like Marty. I think it was time for him to go when he left KC, but I'll always hold him in high regard for helping turn around our sad and pathetic franchise. I'll be rooting for him. I hope he wins the Super-Bowl.

I could not possibly have said it as well, 100% my feelings exactly! :thumb:

Michael Michigan
01-07-2005, 05:53 PM
The guy screwed around with golden opportunities to win championships.

I thought he screwed around with a waitress.

;)

Calcountry
01-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Well, now there you go again Beer man.

What if he coached the Raiders, would you want him to win then?

Calcountry
01-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Thats right, I am down with the Steller Steelers this year.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Well, now there you go again Beer man.

What if he coached the Raiders, would you want him to win then?
No. If he coached in Oakland or Denver I would wish a plague upon him and his team....but it would be nothing personal as far as Marty is concerned.

cash1000
01-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Marty had his own bad Cleveland karma but the Chiefs just lost a home play-off game after having a 13-3 record. Sound familiar? Nah all the bad karma in KC is an organizational and owner thing. Lamar hasn't had the all out desire to win the Super Bowl since 1970 and it is reflected in his team's performance. Look at Marv Levy. Look at Neil Smith. There's a bunch of other players and coaches who went to the big dance after leaving Lukewarm Lamar's organization. Marty has left the Cult of Carl and now is a free man to be successful and not be hampered by the Chief's cloud of incompetence that hangs over this organization.

HemiEd
01-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Marty had his own bad Cleveland karma but the Chiefs just lost a home play-off game after having a 13-3 record. Sound familiar? Nah all the bad karma in KC is an organizational and owner thing. Lamar hasn't had the all out desire to win the Super Bowl since 1970 and it is reflected in his team's performance. Look at Marv Levy. Look at Neil Smith. There's a bunch of other players and coaches who went to the big dance after leaving Lukewarm Lamar's organization. Marty has left the Cult of Carl and now is a free man to be successful and not be hampered by the Chief's cloud of incompetence that hangs over this organization.

Lamar is a superior owner, he does not try to medal in football operations for the satisfaction of his own ego like Al Davis, Jerry Jones and Snyder.
Neil Smith had far more personal success in KC than his two twilight years with the Donks. Yeah, he got Super Bowl satisfaction in Denver, but I think it was due to the success of Chunky Soup.He left IMO because he was tired of being second fiddle to DT.
Marty brought respectability to the Chiefs and headed the team in the right direction after Hank Stram milked it too long without bringing in new talent. Marty made his worst screw up in 93 when Montana and the boys had clearly finally broken the mile high jinx and were on their way. He was way to conservative, Montana retired once he figured that out and was tired of the physical and mental abuse.
Yes many coaches and players have gone on to success after learning thier trade at Arrowhead.
Do you need anything else cleared up?

the Talking Can
01-08-2005, 12:17 PM
I want Marty to lose...forever.

As for the game, I bet Marty and Hackett both secretly wish they could win -3 to -6.

HemiEd
01-08-2005, 02:18 PM
As for the game, I bet Marty and Hackett both secretly wish they could win -3 to -6.

That is very true and appropriate ROFL

DanT
01-08-2005, 04:36 PM
I not only don't bear any ill-will toward Marty, I'll be pulling for his team to go as far in the playoffs as they can.

The only time Marty was a player in a Chiefs playoff game was when the Chiefs beat (http://www.vegasbettinglines.net/football/football_teams_infos/Kansas_city_chiefs_team_info.htm) his Bills (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/AlumniSpotlightMartySchottenheimer.jsp) in the AFL Championship in 1966 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1966.htm).

The year before that, in his rookie season, the Bills defense shut down the explosive 1965 San Diego Chargers in the AFL Championship, 23-0, seven days after I was born.

Marty's overall contributions to the Chiefs were hugely positive. I wish him well.

mikey23545
01-08-2005, 04:50 PM

I honestly wonder about some of you people.

mikey23545
01-08-2005, 04:51 PM
I not only don't bear any ill-will toward Marty, I'll be pulling for his team to go as far in the playoffs as they can.

The only time Marty was a player in a Chiefs playoff game was when the Chiefs beat (http://www.vegasbettinglines.net/football/football_teams_infos/Kansas_city_chiefs_team_info.htm) his Bills (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/AlumniSpotlightMartySchottenheimer.jsp) in the AFL Championship in 1966 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1966.htm).

The year before that, in his rookie season, the Bills defense shut down the explosive 1965 San Diego Chargers in the AFL Championship, 23-0, seven days after I was born.

Marty's overall contributions to the Chiefs were hugely positive. I wish him well.

You sir, have some brains.