PDA

View Full Version : I am so confused, shouldn't this just be called the AFC West Board?

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Please help me understand, still tying to figure this out. Maybe I am a little slow. I thought this was a Chiefs board and I am finding that we have Faider, Donkey and of all things Charger fans posting here. Is it possible to get a list of loyalties, or is this something that you will learn once you have spent several hundred hours trying to figure out? I have noticed that they each have thier own site, are they just closet Chiefs fans or what?

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Rival smack is fun.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
This is easily the best football messageboard out there. We have fans from many teams here.

Saulbadguy
01-07-2005, 10:22 AM
This is easily the best football messageboard out there. We have fans from many teams here.
So, how does it compare to OrangeMane? :rolleyes:

Phobia
01-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Please help me understand, still tying to figure this out.

There's your trouble.

Stop trying to figure it out. I've been here going on 5 years and I haven't. Just lay back and enjoy the ride. This is a dynamic community with many, many interesting attractions.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 10:39 AM
There's your trouble.

Stop trying to figure it out. I've been here going on 5 years and I haven't. Just lay back and enjoy the ride. This is a dynamic community with many, many interesting attractions.

Thanks, that works. :thumb: I just have this extreme learned hatred for the Raiders and Broncos. It has festered over time to the point of making me become irrational. I would like to see Al Davis in Prison and Shannahan coaching a division two school.

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Fans of other teams like to come here to watch our crazies. And, for the most part, they are allowed to have their say and are treated with respect.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Some of the fans of other teams can't help themselves from tripping over their own dicks...its funny

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 10:58 AM
So, how does it compare to OrangeMane? :rolleyes:

The Mane has some better features but this board has better content.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 10:59 AM
dynamic community with many, many interesting attractions.

We should rename the main board : Chiefs Dynamic Community

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Im tempted to put up a list...I think it would be great.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Please help me understand
It seems all of your threads start this way.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Im tempted to put up a list...I think it would be great.

You have my vote if I have earned one yet! PBJ

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-07-2005, 11:06 AM
I thought this was a Chiefs board and I am finding that we have Faider, Donkey and of all things Charger fans posting here. Is it possible to get a list of loyalties, or is this something that you will learn once you have spent several hundred hours trying to figure out? I have noticed that they each have thier own site, are they just closet Chiefs fans or what?
Last I knew the internet was open to the public. Do you need this explained?

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 11:08 AM

No, but I sure would like an explanation as to why bronco homerism is the only homerism sanctioned and approved on this BB...Ive never really got a good answer to that.

Using a refrain I've heard several times this week, Teej must have some compromising pictures of the mods or something.

NewChief
01-07-2005, 11:09 AM

Man, you seem to have it out for this newbie. What gives, beer me?

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 11:10 AM
It seems all of your threads start this way.

I am trying very hard to not be a stupid noob, but starting to think that is impossible. I am open to suggestions, you have not steered me wrong so far! I went back and totally re-read the introduction thread that you suggested. Holy crapt, a lot to learn about this site. :wayne: I appreciate the patience.

Calcountry
01-07-2005, 11:11 AM
There's your trouble.

This board is so cool, I bought the company. :thumb:

Phobia
01-07-2005, 11:15 AM
You have my vote if I have earned one yet! PBJ

Of course you've earned a vote. We don't have any echelon of opinion value at ChiefsPlanet. We were all noobs at one point.

Just post what you want to post. Screw the stupid noob/veteran rank structure some people get caught up in. If you post interesting things, people will read and enjoy your posts. If you parrot every other opinion on the board, you'll blend in. If you have a contrary opinion sometimes, you're going to have to back that up. If you have a contrary opinion simply for the sake of having a contrary opinion, you aren't going to be a very popular poster.

Just have fun.

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Many people bounce from team board to team board... I set up camp here well before most other boards existed. I stumbled on to the old KC Board by accident one day looking for Den/KC information. I quickly learned I was the smartest guy around, so I stayed.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Many people bounce from team board to team board... I set up camp here well before most other boards existed. I stumbled on to the old KC Board by accident one day looking for Den/KC information. I quickly learned I was the smartest guy around, so I stayed.

ROFL

JazzzLovr
01-07-2005, 11:23 AM

We just keep you around as a good luck charm. We're all chipping in to buy you a season ticket to Arrowhead next year so that we can win ALL of our games by 4 touchdowns.

;)

Phobia
01-07-2005, 11:26 AM
We just keep you around as a good luck charm. We're all chipping in to buy you a season ticket to Arrowhead next year so that we can win ALL of our games by 4 touchdowns.

;)

Holy crap. Brad has been here since the beginning. That jab was so brutal, I'm scared he may never return. Heh heh.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 11:43 AM

Here is the reason, difference of opinion.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107854&page=6&pp=5

Iowanian
01-07-2005, 11:48 AM
It seems like every board I go to, I get the "why the hell are you here anyway, chef fan"....

It irritates me sometimes. Why in the hell would a group of fans just want a continued circle-J with the same people, with the same views every..day.

I got to Bolt boards and the mange mostly....occasionally another team of the week.

I do it for new perspective on the Chiefs(after filtering out the "chiefs suck") stuff, to learn whats happening about other teams, about potential FAs for the coming year, and to Keep sharp with the smack vs new sporting girls.

It doesn't matter........they're all my hookers when I'm done.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 11:52 AM
It seems like every board I go to, I get the "why the hell are you here anyway, chef fan"....

It irritates me sometimes. Why in the hell would a group of fans just want a continued circle-J with the same people, with the same views every..day.

I got to Bolt boards and the mange mostly....occasionally another team of the week.

I do it for new perspective on the Chiefs(after filtering out the "chiefs suck") stuff, to learn whats happening about other teams, about potential FAs for the coming year, and to Keep sharp with the smack vs new sporting girls.

It doesn't matter........they're all my hookers when I'm done.

Thanks, just asking, this whole thing is new to me. I found this board looking for anything new that I could on the Chiefs. No intentions of upsetting the status quo, just trying to understand.

Taco John
01-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Please help me understand, still tying to figure this out. Maybe I am a little slow. I thought this was a Chiefs board and I am finding that we have Faider, Donkey and of all things Charger fans posting here. Is it possible to get a list of loyalties, or is this something that you will learn once you have spent several hundred hours trying to figure out? I have noticed that they each have thier own site, are they just closet Chiefs fans or what?

You probably don't know this, but NFL teams play in these units of competition called "divisions." It's unfortunate for the Chiefs, but apparently they have to compete against other teams.

Rain Man
01-07-2005, 11:54 AM
We even have an Arizona Cardinals fan who shows up occasionally. The Department of the Interior forces us to be nice to him and let him come and go as he pleases, because apparently they're a protected species.

Taco John
01-07-2005, 11:55 AM
The Mane has some better features but this board has better content.

Yeah, there's nothing like talking about what your penis smells like. Someday...

Rain Man
01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, there's nothing like talking about what your penis smells like. Someday...

Feeling left out, eh?

Iowanian
01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I'll trump your "pancake" with a Spidur

A paper hat at a ff joint is looking for its operator.

Clint in Wichita
01-07-2005, 11:59 AM

Using this logic, this should be called a "nerds gathering place". The fact that it happens to have a Chiefs logo at the top of the page is meaningless.

chiefs4me
01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Of course this board allows other fans to post. We need someone to make fun of. But it does suck that this is the only board that let's other teams fans say what they want. I have visited many boards and once they find out you are not a fan of their team they show you the door. So I guess it really is true.

CHIEFS FANS ARE THE BEST,,

GO STEELERS,,

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 12:09 PM
They can't help but come here.

They can't find enough intelligent conversation at their own boards...

chiefs4me
01-07-2005, 12:12 PM
They can't help but come here.

They can't find enough intelligent conversation at their own boards...

ROFL :thumb:

TRR
01-07-2005, 12:32 PM
You'll find that some Denver fans are treated better than KC fans around here. Heck, there was even talk of Taco John becoming a moderator on a Chiefs board. Fans of other teams posting is fine, but I would never let fans of other teams fans get away with what they do on here. And the worst part is a lot of people will side with the Bronco, Raider, SD fans instead of the real KC fans.

That bothered me for a long time on this board. Now I've come to terms with it (slightly).

Taco John
01-07-2005, 12:38 PM
You'll find that some Denver fans are treated better than KC fans around here. Heck, there was even talk of Taco John becoming a moderator on a Chiefs board.

Dude, that was nothing but a joke... Apparently on you...

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 12:44 PM
You probably don't know this, but NFL teams play in these units of competition called "divisions." It's unfortunate for the Chiefs, but apparently they have to compete against other teams.

I probably was watching these games when you were shitting yellow!

chiefs4me
01-07-2005, 12:49 PM

ROFL Rep for you,,:thumb:

TRR
01-07-2005, 12:51 PM

Don't get too rude, he'll run away and tell the moderators to banned his username, vowing to never come back. LOL!

Garcia Bronco
01-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm a bronco fan

Phobia
01-07-2005, 12:59 PM
You'll find that some Denver fans are treated better than KC fans around here. Heck, there was even talk of Taco John becoming a moderator on a Chiefs board. Fans of other teams posting is fine, but I would never let fans of other teams fans get away with what they do on here. And the worst part is a lot of people will side with the Bronco, Raider, SD fans instead of the real KC fans.

That bothered me for a long time on this board. Now I've come to terms with it (slightly).

Dude, everybody gets away with everything on this board. It doesn't matter who you are or what team you follow, we mods try to blend in. Nobody wants an oppressive board.

You have a negative perception of mods because you and I have butted heads over your efforts to recreate yourself in the past. When I should have left you alone, I overmoderated by "outing" you when you signed up for new names. For that you have my apologies. I learned something while dealing with you. Thanks for teaching me.

chiefs4me
01-07-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm a bronco fan

that's the first step,,admitting you have a problem. I have great sympathy for you. Step into the light,,ROFL

TRR
01-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Dude, everybody gets away with everything on this board. It doesn't matter who you are or what team you follow, we mods try to blend in. Nobody wants an oppressive board.

You have a negative perception of mods because you and I have butted heads over your efforts to recreate yourself in the past. When I should have left you alone, I overmoderated by "outing" you when you signed up for new names. For that you have my apologies. I learned something while dealing with you. Thanks for teaching me.

Whoa. It's just a message board. Relax. I don't really care who, when, or why people get to post, or if you moderate them or not. I was just explaining to the thread starter that a lot of people side with other teams fans rather than there own. This isn't your typical "Chiefs rule no matter what" board.

To be honest, I don't remember who I butt heads with or not. After having a conversation on this board, I walk away and forget all about it. I don't remember butting heads with you at all. I could care less about someone on a message board. Thanks for your apologies though.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm a bronco fan

Something about your "avatar" clued me in to that. I have a disfunctional part of my family that lives in Colorado that also have a problem. :p

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 01:08 PM
ROFL Rep for you,,:thumb:

Thanks very much, I would return the favor if I knew how. :thumb:
It is not my nature to get surly but I can, especially with known Bronco or Raider fans. I walked out of a bar recently because the bartender was wearing a Raider hat.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Whoa. It's just a message board. Relax. I don't really care who, when, or why people get to post, or if you moderate them or not. I was just explaining to the thread starter that a lot of people side with other teams fans rather than there own. This isn't your typical "Chiefs rule no matter what" board.

To be honest, I don't remember who I butt heads with or not. After having a conversation on this board, I walk away and forget all about it. I don't remember butting heads with you at all. I could care less about someone on a message board. Thanks for your apologies though.

Honestly, there's a reason this isn't a "Chiefs rule no matter what" board.

I've been to alot of them, and for the most part, I think the average poster here is FAR more intelligent than at other Chiefs boards.

I know that's probably going to offend some people, but that's my honest opinion.

The average poster here knows ALOT more about the X's and O's of football...

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I've found that we avoid people who double-post here as well.

Dartgod
01-07-2005, 01:45 PM
If you have a contrary opinion simply for the sake of having a contrary opinion, you aren't going to be a very popular poster.
*cough*DUH-nese*cough*

OldTownChief
01-07-2005, 01:52 PM

ROFL You couldn't have picked a bigger dweeb to say that to.

You will find good and not so good fans of most teams here including the Chiefs.

Good Donk=Mile High Mania Bad Donk=Taco John
Good Raider=RedNeckRaider Bad Raider=Denise
Good Chief=OldTownChief Bad Chief= :shrug:

Hammock Parties
01-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Good Donk=Mile High Mania Bad Donk=Taco John

Actually I find MHM to be far more annoying.

MichaelH
01-07-2005, 02:22 PM
I walked out of a bar recently because the bartender was wearing a Raider hat.

You mean they let bartenders wear piles of shit on their heads in Illinois?

ROFL

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 02:24 PM
You mean they let bartenders wear piles of shit on their heads in Illinois?

ROFL

Actually I was home for Christmas (Wichita) and the bartender had that pile of sh*t on his head. I told the owner that it was kind of stupid to allow such a thing in a Chiefs town and he agreed. He did not have it on when I went back the next day. ROFL

beer bacon
01-07-2005, 02:41 PM

You sound like a Maner. Just because someone is a fan of another team doesn't mean they are idiots or something. It should bother that someone will side with someone not based on the merit of their argument but simply on which team they hold allegiance to. This board is better because rival fans are given leeway, not worse.

J Diddy
01-07-2005, 02:46 PM

speaking of annoying

alanm
01-07-2005, 02:58 PM
We even have an Arizona Cardinals fan who shows up occasionally. The Department of the Interior forces us to be nice to him and let him come and go as he pleases, because apparently they're a protected species.I thought Charger fans were a protected species. Only on the rarest occasions do you get to see them. Kinda like spotting Big Foot on a grainy 8mm film. :)

MichaelH
01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
I thought Charger fans were protected species. Only on the rarest occasions do you get to see them. Kinda like spotting Big Foot on a grainy 8mm film. :)

They only come out of hiding every 10 or so years when the team wins more than 6 games.

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 03:27 PM

Damn! Rep to you ... rep to you! There hasn't been a post on here in a long time that has warmed my heart quite as much as that one did.

Jazzlover,
I'll go to Arrowhead for free any time... but, not even the greatness of Mile High Mania can help KC through 8 games.

SECTION11
01-07-2005, 03:31 PM
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 NFC West Champions. Yeah baby.

http://test.azcardinals.com/images/images/dockettbucsto.jpg

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I think Section 11 is punch-drunk.

One of the stranger things I seen. I don't think you would call him a fair weather fan, got to respect him for that. :thumb:

TRR
01-07-2005, 03:41 PM
You sound like a Maner. Just because someone is a fan of another team doesn't mean they are idiots or something. It should bother that someone will side with someone not based on the merit of their argument but simply on which team they hold allegiance to. This board is better because rival fans are given leeway, not worse.

That's your opinion. I don't mind other fans posting. But when they come on here just to talk crap and start junk, that's what I have a problem with.

Iowanian
01-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I come here to talk crap and start junk every day........what of it?!

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Ive allways been curious, I mean, I understand why we have other division fans on the BB, but how in the world did we pick up a Cardinals fan?

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Cardinals fans exist?

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Would you want to hang out on a Cardinals board all the time?

Uhhh...good point. However, I kind of though you might be behind this, you living in AZ and all, you probably picked up a stray gave him a beer and now he's never going to leave.

JazzzLovr
01-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Jazzlover,
I'll go to Arrowhead for free any time... but, not even the greatness of Mile High Mania can help KC through 8 games.

;) It was a nice surprise to meet ya at B5. Did you enjoy your first game at Arrowhead (in spite of the final score)? :) Did you stay for the whole game?

I haven't been around here a whole lot lately, so if you posted about it afterward, I may have missed it.

Phobia
01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Ive allways been curious, I mean, I understand why we have other division fans on the BB, but how in the world did we pick up a Cardinals fan?

Section11 is your typical underdog fan. When the Cardinals won a playoff game 5 years ago, Section11 was forced to find a more pathetic team for which to cheer. He selected the Chiefs.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-07-2005, 03:57 PM
The lack of tonal quality to my post made it come off as more harsh than I meant it. I was just giving him some crap. I shouldn't have forgot the smilie.

:thumb:

No offense hemied....have some rep.....

SECTION11
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM

I often wonder the same thing.
I followed Smacky over (American Hero) and have lurked ever since.

Yeah, we exist. There's only about 30K of us, but, we rule.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Section11 is your typical underdog fan. When the Cardinals won a playoff game 5 years ago, Section11 was forced to find a more pathetic team for which to cheer. He selected the Chiefs.

OMFG, that is simultaneously the most hilarious thing I've read today and the most sad.

SECTION11
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM

"Cardinals SUCK ASS!!!!"

BTW, thanks for the rep Phobia. You really know how to pick a fella up with words of encouragement.

SECTION11
01-07-2005, 04:04 PM
"Wow, they completely f*cked that noob over. I think I'll stick around here."

I've had Cardinals season tickets for eight years, there really ain't too much logic happening over here...

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 04:36 PM
The lack of tonal quality to my post made it come off as more harsh than I meant it. I was just giving him some crap. I shouldn't have forgot the smilie.

No offense hemied....have some rep.....

Crap excepted, expected and thanks very much Beerme! No offense taken, kind of been fun today! Heck you got me started, correct me any time you think I need it! ROFL

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 04:38 PM
;) It was a nice surprise to meet ya at B5. Did you enjoy your first game at Arrowhead (in spite of the final score)? :) Did you stay for the whole game?

I haven't been around here a whole lot lately, so if you posted about it afterward, I may have missed it.

Thanks - it was fun meeting everyone at B5 and yes, despite Denver not showing up to play, I had a great time. I would have had more fun, had it not been so DAMN COLD. I swear that's as cold as I've been in a long time.

I'm still in awe at the big pig that was cookin' at B5... now, that was tailgating! I'm forgetting, but tell me again ... who was the Einstein that emptied water from the beer cooler on the asphalt when it was 10 degrees outside? That was very wise.

JazzzLovr
01-07-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm still in awe at the big pig that was cookin' at B5... now, that was tailgating! I'm forgetting, but tell me again ... who was the Einstein that emptied water from the beer cooler on the asphalt when it was 10 degrees outside? That was very wise.

I don't know, but I bet it was a :Broncos: fan. Maybe the goof on the far left in this picture:

http://kcsweb.kcstar.com/projects/Community_Faces/Chiefs_versus_Broncos_12202004110330/dply_Chiefs_vs_Broncos_71.jpg

And for anyone wondering, here's the tailgate fare that he was talking about:

http://kcsweb.kcstar.com/projects/Community_Faces/Chiefs_versus_Broncos_12202004110330/dply_Chiefs_vs_Broncos_73.jpg

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Very nice... no, it wasn't the goof on the far left. The big ice patch was there when we arrived.

JazzzLovr
01-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Very nice... no, it wasn't the goof on the far left. The big ice patch was there when we arrived.

Yeah, it was already there when I arrived, too. But it gave me an excuse to post your photo for all of our Photoshop gurus. ;)

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Awesome.

Didja make a game out of it? Take turns getting a running start and sliding?

Eh, if I were the size of a gecko... maybe that would have been an option. It wasn't big, which was the only potential bad thing. You didn't notice it until have you slipped on it.

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm so bright, if I were there I bet I would've slipped on it 5 times, minimum.

Every once in awhle you'd just hear me yell, "Whoa! Goddammit! There's that f*cking ice again!"

Yeah, we had to make sure that First Down Elvis had an escort...