PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law out for entire postseason

tk13
01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Just reported on NFL Live on ESPN... New England will not have either of it's starting corners... they're going to have to win a Super Bowl with Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, Earthwind Moreland, and Troy Brown at corner. It's gonna be interesting to see how they deal with the Colts/Chargers/Steelers offenses and all their passing threats now.

siberian khatru
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
This is as good a time as any to remind the world that converted WR Troy Brown has more INTs this year (3) than William Bartee has in his career (0).

Deberg_1990
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Just reported on NFL Live on ESPN... New England will not have either of it's starting corners... it's gonna be interesting to see how they deal with the Colts/Chargers/Steelers offenses and all their passing threats now.

Uh oh....I predicted a few weeks ago that the Colts will beat them after they beat Denver this weekend. Looks like just might be true.

Colts Vs. Steelers in AFC Championship game.

Brock
01-07-2005, 03:20 PM
They'll win anyway.

The Bad Guy
01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't think they can beat Indy next week. No way. Law was a huge part of that win last year.

tk13
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
This is as good a time as any to remind the world that converted WR Troy Brown has more INTs this year (3) than William Bartee has in his career (0).
Yeah, and that is sad, I made a thread making fun of Bartee for that once, but I think here in the playoffs Brown is going to get abused if he sees the field too much. Even the Dolphins figured it out and burned him to upset the Pats late in the season... the Pats have done an amazing job with those three corners, but asking them to defend Harrison/Wayne/Stokely and Ward/Burress/Randle El in back to back weeks is going to be a brutal task.

KC Kings
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM

Interesting tidbit of knowledge, but when judging the caliber of a secondary ready to go to the Superbowl, comparing them to Bartee doesn't help matters much. Just consider that nobody in the history of the NFL, kickers included, have had less INT's than he has.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 03:26 PM
If Manning wins a ring, will people annoint him the best ever?

I agree with TBG, this certainly appears to pave the way for the Colts...

Deberg_1990
01-07-2005, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=htismaqe]If Manning wins a ring, will people annoint him the best ever?

[QUOTE]

No, Hes still a geek and a complete tool.

KCTitus
01-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't think they can beat Indy next week. No way. Law was a huge part of that win last year.

I have to agree...Law held the 'no penalties for defensive holding' card the whole game. The muggings that he administered to Harrison and Pollard were horrible.

Calcountry
01-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Excellent point, it is kind of hard to intercept footballs that you cannot see.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
they're going to have to win a Super Bowl with Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, Earthwind Moreland, and Troy Brown at corner.
I'll take those guys over ours though.

Amnorix
01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Although depressing news, I won't lose all hope.

First, I'll hope Denver beats Indy (sad but necessary to go this route). I give that about 0.0000001% chance of happening....

Second, I think the Patriots will need to have a dominant offensive performance. What I need to cross my fingers about is that (1) the Patriots had the 4th highest scoring offense in the NFL this year, (2) the Pats defense, even with Larry, Moe and Curly as the DBs, is still better than the Colts, and (3) home field advantage, with the Colts playing in the cold, outdoors, etc., is still worth something.

I'll go Patriots 38 / Colts 34. (please God).

All that said, I think we are in trouble going all the way without Law, no doubt about it.

tk13
01-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Although depressing news, I won't lose all hope.

First, I'll hope Denver beats Indy (sad but necessary to go this route). I give that about 0.0000001% chance of happening....

Second, I think the Patriots will need to have a dominant offensive performance. What I need to cross my fingers about is that (1) the Patriots had the 4th highest scoring offense in the NFL this year, (2) the Pats defense, even with Larry, Moe and Curly as the DBs, is still better than the Colts, and (3) home field advantage, with the Colts playing in the cold, outdoors, etc., is still worth something.

I'll go Patriots 38 / Colts 34. (please God).

All that said, I think we are in trouble going all the way without Law, no doubt about it.
Pray for a blizzard.

Eleazar
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
If Manning wins a ring, will people annoint him the best ever?

He's going to go down as that anyway.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Screw the Pats, Colts, and Broncos. Hate them all.

Amnorix
01-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Let me point out one thing.

In 2001, with Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy and two bozos playing in the defensive backfield, and a defense that was overall less talented than what we have now, and an offense that is overall less talented than what we have now, we took on, and beat, the Greatest Show on Turf, ON TURF, in the New Orleans Superdome.

Now, of course, Indy doesn't have Mike Martz unfortunately, but the point remains that all is not yet lost.

(crossing fingers)