PDA

View Full Version : The best factor heading into the draft...

CanadaKC
01-07-2005, 06:52 PM
is that many of the teams above us will be drafting an offensive player.

49ers -- QB
Dolphins -- QB or RB
Browns -- possibly OT or WR
Bears -- WR or OT
Bucs -- RB but who knows...
Titans -- byebye Derrick Johnson, but maybe OT
Raiders -- WR or RB or CB
Cardinals -- RB
Redskins -- DT
Lions -- S or TE
Cowboys -- DT or WR or CB...or possibly QB
Chargers (via NYG) -- WR or OT
Texans -- LB
Panthers -- RB or CB

If all the teams I think will draft offense which I think they will....
that's 9-14 before we pick. We get a top 5 player...possiboly number one at his position. :thumb:

Archie Bunker
01-07-2005, 09:51 PM
good point :hmmm: might work out well

shaneo69
01-08-2005, 12:33 AM
is that many of the teams above us will be drafting an offensive player.

49ers -- QB
Dolphins -- QB or RB
Browns -- possibly OT or WR
Bears -- WR or OT
Bucs -- RB but who knows...
Titans -- byebye Derrick Johnson, but maybe OT
Raiders -- WR or RB or CB
Cardinals -- RB
Redskins -- DT
Lions -- S or TE
Cowboys -- DT or WR or CB...or possibly QB
Chargers (via NYG) -- WR or OT
Texans -- LB
Panthers -- RB or CB

My Guess at this time...

49ers---Leinart
Dolphins---Alex Smith
Browns---Antrel Rolle
Bears---Braylon Edwards
Bucs---Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams
Titans---Alex Barron
R aiders---Mike Williams
Cardinals---Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams
Redskins---Erasmus James
Lions---Thomas Davis
Cowboys---Derrick Johnson
Chargers---Shaun Cody
Texans---Ahmad Brooks
Panthers---Heath Miller
Chiefs---David Pollack?

HolmeZz
01-08-2005, 12:43 AM
If Aaron Rodgers was on the board, I'd have to take him, even with our defense. IMO the kid is a serious franchise QB, and I'd have serious trouble passing on him at #15 when he could probably be #1 overall.

shaneo69
01-08-2005, 12:49 AM
If Aaron Rodgers was on the board, I'd have to take him, even with our defense. IMO the kid is a serious franchise QB, and I'd have serious trouble passing on him at #15 when he could probably be #1 overall.

I don't know about Rodgers. Everything I'm hearing is that he's dropping quickly because of his size and because he played for Jeff Tedford, who also had guys like first round flops Akili Smith and Kyle Boller play good for him in college.

Miles
01-08-2005, 01:03 AM

Everything i have read about him has been great. However he hasnt been at all impressive in the few games i have seen him in.

HolmeZz
01-08-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't know about Rodgers. Everything I'm hearing is that he's dropping quickly because of his size and because he played for Jeff Tedford, who also had guys like first round flops Akili Smith and Kyle Boller play good for him in college.

Boller's in his 2nd year and Tedford's known for being the exact opposite of what you're saying; he's known as a QB guru. Rodgers has some of the best mechanics of any QB I've seen come out in the draft in some time. The only real knock on him is size, but it's not like he's tiny. He's about 6'2-6'3. Isn't Trent 6'3? Mike Vick is about 6'0-6'1. You don't have to be 6'5 to have success in this league. He's tall enough to play the position and have success.