PDA

View Full Version : I read two things tonight about the Chiefs that dissapoint me...

DTLB58
01-07-2005, 09:56 PM
One was a stat they are showing on ESPN news... and that is the top 4 NFL Franchises with the longest current active streak of seasons without a playoff win.
Seattle is first at 19 years, then I think it was the Bengals at 17 and then the Lions at 14 and then the CHIEFS at 11 years! That put a sinking feeling in the bottom of my stomach to be compared with the Lions and Bungals in a post season stat. :shake:

Next was this, I finally decided to read Vermeil's last press conference and his second statement is about the team captains that were selected before Sunday's game. (Below)

“Season captains were elected last Friday and were our captains for our final game. They were Trent Green, offensively, Eric Hicks, defensively, and Gary Stills, special teams. The squad elected them. The offense elected the offense, the defense the defense and everybody voted for the special teams (captain). What three fine leaders and three fine examples and three guys who had outstanding years. They obviously earned the respect of their teammates by their performance on and off the field.

For him to say that Hicks had an outstanding year just gives me no hope whatsoever that the right personel changes are going to be made to turn this thing around on the defensive side of the ball with Vermeil as the H.C. so I would just rather see him go NOW!

When I read that crap I immeditally stopped reading the article. It made me feel the same way when he said last year in that last press conference that he had no plans of making a change at D.C.

As Dick has said before (and I have reiterated here several times) He is loyal to a fault. He also says he loves these players. Well, Love is blind too.

Bye, Bye Dick.

CosmicPal
01-07-2005, 09:59 PM
The squad elected them. The offense elected the offense, the defense the defense and everybody voted for the special teams

For him to say that Hicks had an outstanding year just gives me no hope whatsoever that the right personel changes are going to be made to turn this thing around on the defensive side of the ball with Vermeil as the H.C. so I would just rather see him go NOW!

RE-read the article! The DEFENSE picked Hicks NOT Vermeil.

Valiant
01-07-2005, 10:02 PM
maybe this will get his sackless ass motivated...

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Well they all should be fired then. He may look good walking through hotel lobbies but he is a POS as a DE. I didn't hear his name called three times all season. Out with him!!!!!!!

morphius
01-07-2005, 10:24 PM

Yeah, for some reason that doesn't make me feel better at all.

OldTownChief
01-07-2005, 10:26 PM
One was a stat they are showing on ESPN news... and that is the top 4 NFL Franchises with the longest current active streak of seasons without a playoff win.

Oh Great!!! Here comes TJ :banghead:

wutamess
01-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Am I of the minority that hinks Hicks had a pretty good season?

Of course he doesn't have the sacks to show for it but I'm willing to bet that his QB pressures and hits probably lead the team.

~ Not dissapointed in Hicks.

Thig Lyfe
01-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Just two?

DTLB58
01-07-2005, 10:48 PM

My point was that Vermeil said He (Hicks) had an OUTSTANDING season, not that he was voted Team captain, I couldn't care less who is the freaking team captain.

DTLB58
01-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Just two?

Just heard two tonight..... :)

DTLB58
01-07-2005, 10:50 PM

Of course he doesn't have the sacks to show for it but I'm willing to bet that his QB pressures and hits probably lead the team.

So you lead the worst defense in the league in pressures and hits. So basically he is the best of the worst. Yea, that's a guy I want on my team. :shake:

DTLB58
01-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, for some reason that doesn't make me feel better at all.

Ditto

Wile_E_Coyote
01-07-2005, 11:53 PM
real Chief fans don't have feeelings

morphius
01-08-2005, 12:02 AM

I would support him if they were fast pressures, but his pressures are so late as to have already given the QB all day to scan the field. Thats like saying Bartee is great because he was right there as the guy caught the 50 yard TD...

Nightfyre
01-08-2005, 12:03 AM
real Chief fans don't have feeelings
Its psychological training. Every time a Chiefs fan gets his hopes up they are dashed in an ass-kicking in the playoffs. Now we choose not to get this feeling of hope in order to better shelter ourselves from the dissappointment.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-08-2005, 01:48 AM
I also noticed that Steve Cheek was a captain the game before we cut him. I thought it was rediculous at the time because the guy was doing crappy anyway.

Rausch
01-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Hicks was elected out of respect and for his stretch as a Chief.

He's gone...

OldTownChief
01-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I took my 12 year old daughter to her first Chiefs game this season. She has been a huge Chiefs fan since she was 9. I was telling her about the hype before the game and they come up with this extremely LAME intro on the tron and then they introduce the special teams players. What the f*ck was that all about? What an embarrassing joke that is for a kids first trip to Arrowhead. That place was nothing like it was a few years ago. Then I got to show her a bunch of drunks fighting raiders in the parking lot 10 Chiefs fans to 1 raider fan.

All she could talk about when we left was, she got to meet FirstDownElvis and RedNeckRaider.

I go to about 2 games a year on average but this was my first for the last two seasons. What happened to the cool intro they had? I could go on and on but I won't. Fans in KC need to pull their heads out of their asses and....well just pull their heads out of their asses.

Rausch
01-08-2005, 02:49 AM
I took my 12 year old daughter to her first Chiefs game this season. She has been a huge Chiefs fan since she was 9. I was telling her about the hype before the game and they come up with this extremely LAME intro on the tron and then they introduce the special teams players. What the f*ck was that all about? What an embarrassing joke that is for a kids first trip to Arrowhead. That place was nothing like it was a few years ago. Then I got to show her a bunch of drunks fighting raiders in the parking lot 10 Chiefs fans to 1 raider fan.

All she could talk about when we left was, she got to meet FirstDownElvis and RedNeckRaider.

I go to about 2 games a year on average but this was my first for the last two seasons. What happened to the cool intro they had?

Who cares?

Years from now, your Son-in-law will kneel down and worship before the man that shaped this woman...

OldTownChief
01-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Who cares?

Years from now, your Son-in-law will kneel down and worship before the man that shaped this woman...

She's still a Chiefs fan through and through. I told her, her next Arrowhead trip would be eariler in the season and not a Raiders game.

Shootr
01-08-2005, 07:43 AM
So you lead the worst defense in the league in pressures and hits. So basically he is the best of the worst. Yea, that's a guy I want on my team. :shake:

OK...so, you want the worst of the worst to be captain, then? :spock:

Dartgod
01-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Fans in KC need to pull their heads out of their asses and....well just pull their heads out of their asses.
Excuse me?

bricks
01-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Hicks was elected out of respect and for his stretch as a Chief.

He's gone...

you really think he's not gonna be a Chief next year? Despite the fact, we just gave him a new contract?

whoman69
01-08-2005, 09:31 AM
you really think he's not gonna be a Chief next year? Despite the fact, we just gave him a new contract?
It will be hard to cut guys that just signed a contract, but it can be done. Frankly from what I've heard of the talk about Eric Hicks, they don't believe he is part of the problem. Estimates show that we are $10 million over the cap for next season, but most of that can be erased by cutting Vonnie Holliday, who has a huge roster bonus of $6 million for next season along with a bump in pay. I think it should be pretty clear to everyone who needs to get the pink slip next year. Also, signing Browing for starting player salary when he is a back up was short sighted. What am I saying, the whole off season last year was short sighted.

DTLB58
01-08-2005, 05:43 PM
OK...so, you want the worst of the worst to be captain, then? :spock:

As stated in an earlier post, I don't freakin care who the team captains are. My problem was that Vermeil said Hicks had a OUTSTANDING year!