PDA

View Full Version : Is 2nd round pick going to be OFFENSE OR DEFENSE ?

warpaint99
01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Any thoughts ? I am thinking WR but another DEF. player wouldn't hurt.

KcMizzou
01-08-2005, 06:44 PM
another DEF. player wouldn't hurt. Understatement of the decade.

Demonpenz
01-08-2005, 06:45 PM
shocks, pegs, LUCKY!

Phobia
01-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Any thoughts ? I am thinking WR but another DEF. player wouldn't hurt.

I'm not sure on which side of the ball our second rounder will play, but what I do know is that he will have been projected as a 4th rounder by every draft service in the country and ESPN will be baffled why the Chiefs reached for him in the 2nd.

tk13
01-08-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure on which side of the ball our second rounder will play, but what I do know is that he will have been projected as a 4th rounder by every draft service in the country and ESPN will be baffled why the Chiefs reached for him in the 2nd.
Yeah, considering Gun and Carl appear to have taken over the defensive show... it's comforting to know the last time they teamed up for a draft our 2nd round pick was one William Bartee....

CanadaKC
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
No question if WR Troy Williamson from South Carolina is close to where we are picking in the 2nd...we can't pass him up. He's just to good to let slide.

Alphaman
01-08-2005, 07:05 PM
No question if WR Troy Williamson from South Carolina is close to where we are picking in the 2nd...we can't pass him up. He's just to good to let slide.

Troy Williamson

Official Bio College: South Carolina Height: 6-2
Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 200
Class: Junior 40-Yard: 4.4
SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Excellent speed...Good size...Very good production...Good athletic ability...Explosive...A big play threat who can really stretch the field.
Weaknesses: Needs to expand his game to be more than just a deep threat...Played in a run orientated offense...Has had some minor injuries so durability could be a minor concern.
Notes: Underrated player who has been one of the most productive wideouts in the SEC...Could thrive as a senior in Steve Spurrier's offense if he returns to school

Doesn't sound like he's better than Sammie Parker enough to justify not taking a defensive player.

Phobia
01-08-2005, 07:37 PM

Sure thing. As long as he projects to the 4th or 5th round, it almost guarantees he'll be selected in the 2nd.

PastorMikH
01-08-2005, 07:40 PM
If Carl picks him without DV's consent, the pick won't play either side of the ball for a year or two - regardless of how good he is.

LiL stumppy
01-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I say defence because we will have Bo next year and Sammi Parker has really stepped it up.

HolmeZz
01-08-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not high on Williamson for us. The only WR who could make a real impact in the NFL that could be drafted after Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards, is Chris Henry, WR from West Virginia. He's a first round talent but he's an absolute nut case. He's the only other WR I'd take a chance on.

STLRAMS39
01-08-2005, 09:07 PM
how about a defense, and recievers