PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel sorry for Marty?

Rain Man
01-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Poll forthcoming.

Phobia
01-08-2005, 11:33 PM
No. I feel sorry for me.

VonneMarie
01-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Nope.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2005, 11:34 PM
No..i used to...Honestly I did, but the guy has made his own bad luck. Hes not cursed he just sucks when the pressure is on. He plays things too close to the vest and his teams play down to their competition. Give Vermeil this same Bolts team tonight and they beat the Jets 35-17

KCTitus
01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Are you kidding? No, fing way...

chiefs4me
01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
not at all,,

PastorMikH
01-08-2005, 11:36 PM
No. Same Marty that we had here for a decade. He should learn to just buy a ticket to the game and let the assistants do the coaching in the playoffs.

I do feel sorry for the Chargers though. I would have liked to see them last longer than Denver.

gblowfish
No, but I certainly admire his consistency!

chiefsfan987
yes

tk13
I honestly do a little, but that's easily offset by not having to hear all the Charger fans come on the board for the first time in this board's existance and start talking trash like they're God's gift to football...

teedubya
01-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Nope... but I too feel sorry for Phobia.

the Talking Can
01-08-2005, 11:40 PM
If I thought Marty had learned ANYTHING from his repeated failures I would.

But he hasn't. He earned this.

morphius
01-08-2005, 11:42 PM
I almost feel sorry for their fans, but thats about as close as it gets. Marty can burn.

ChiefsFanatik88
01-08-2005, 11:43 PM
I couldn't be happier. Being an old fashioned kind of guy, I have to rub it in to the charger fans because they had to know in the back of their head that marty chokenheimer is their coach, When things are going good for the team, LOOKOUT He chokes.

Big Chief Homer
01-08-2005, 11:45 PM
nope, not at all, not one bit

milkman
01-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Not only no, but **** no.

He's had lesson after lesson after lesson after lesson, and yet he still hasn't learned.

I hope he gets at least 10 more lessons.

He deserves exactly what he's gotten, and more.

|Zach|
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
I am still somewhat amazed that he gets heat for the Lin Elliot game.

HolmeZz
01-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Not really sorry for Marty, but I feel sorry for Brees and Tomlinson. I doubt they'll have a season like this again. :p

EDIT: Who's the wise guy who made L T = Lawrence Taylor? :cuss:

PastorMikH
01-08-2005, 11:51 PM
I am still somewhat amazed that he gets heat for the Lin Elliot game.

Why? He watched Eliot miss a PAT of all things as well as a few other kicks in the weeks leading up to that game. Then he watched Eliot miss 2 other kicks before sending him out on the field to kick a clutch FG with the game on the line.

I'd have rather had the ball in Joe's hand at that moment than on Eliot's foot.

morphius
Damn he is taking this harder then if he Chiefs would have lost a playoff game.

gblowfish
I am still somewhat amazed that he gets heat for the Lin Elliot game.Zach, the reason Marty was guilty as charged in that game wasn't just Elliot, it was leaving Bono in too long before bringing in Gannon and giving the Chiefs a better chance to win. It all came down to game situation decisions. Including trying to let Elliot kick a game tying field goal when he had missed two previous kicks badly. Marty's conservatism, nepotism and stubborness will be his legacy. Too bad they don't celebrate those qualities in the Hall of Fame.

alanm
01-08-2005, 11:53 PM
I honestly do a little, but that's easily offset by not having to hear all the Charger fans come on the board for the first time in this board's existance and start talking trash like they're God's gift to football...We won't be seeing them Bandwaggon fans for about 10 more years. All the jerseys go to the bottom of the drawer now.

|Zach|
01-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Why? He watched Eliot miss a PAT of all things as well as a few other kicks in the weeks leading up to that game. Then he watched Eliot miss 2 other kicks before sending him out on the field to kick a clutch FG with the game on the line.

I'd have rather had the ball in Joe's hand at that moment than on Eliot's foot.
Damn if you do damn if you dont....Elliot had a great season up till then.

gblowfish
01-08-2005, 11:56 PM
We won't be seeing them Bandwaggon fans for about 10 more years. All the jerseys go to the bottom of the drawer now.Where can I get a Nate Kaeding jersey??

alanm
01-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Where can I get a Keading jersey??I bet a shitload just went up for sale on ebay. ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Are you kidding? Sorry? For that MF'er? Not a chance.

I sat there in the freezing ass cold as (I have vowed never to mention the kickers name in my lifetime) missed those FG's in Colts game.

All the while knowing, that we could have, and SHOULD have, dumped (I have vowed never to mention the kickers name in my lifetime)'s useless kick shanking ass after the MNF game in Miami that year.

Feel sorry for the guy who let two legitimate SB teams rot under his guidance?

Hell no.

PastorMikH
01-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Damn if you do damn if you dont....Elliot had a great season up till then.

You mean before or after he got cut by Jimmy Johnson for missing PATs?

Chief Fanatic
01-09-2005, 12:02 AM
After that playcalling before Kaeding's miss, how do you feel sorry? Just absolute stupid play calling

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 12:03 AM
You mean before or after he got cut by Jimmy Johnson for missing PATs?
I mean during our regular season...he was doing really well...

gblowfish
01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Are you kidding? Sorry? For that MF'er? Not a chance.

I sat there in the freezing ass cold as (I have vowed never to mention the kickers name in my lifetime) missed those FG's in Colts game.

Gee, I wonder who WTI is talking about? Whooooo could it be...could it be SATAN????

PastorMikH

Really, I felt nervous everytime he stepped out to kick.

What is really sad is, if it hadn't been for Carl being greedy, Lowry could have been kicking in that final game. Heard and interview with Nick right after he got cut. He said he offered to take a pretty big cut in pay to stay, but Carl wouldn't even pay that.

WilliamTheIrish

Zach, (I have vowed to never mention the kickers name in my lifetime) blew FG's and PAT's late in the 95 season. Most notably in Miami on MNF.

(I have vowed to never mention the kickers name in my lifetime) was a red flag that Marty simply ignored.

I'll never forgive him for that.

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Zach, (I have vowed to never mention the kickers name in my lifetime) blew FG's and PAT's late in the 95 season. Most notably in Miami on MNF.

(I have vowed to never mention the kickers name in my lifetime) was a red flag that Marty simply ignored.

I'll never forgive him for that.
You mean aside from him having problems in THAT game?

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 12:06 AM

No he wasnt..in the weeks leading up to the game the last month of the season he was in a slump. There was talk of him getting cut, but Carl and Marty lacked the balls to do it.

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Really, I felt nervous everytime he stepped out to kick.

The guy was 24 for 30 WITH the 3 missed FGs in the last game...

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 12:09 AM
No he wasnt..in the weeks leading up to the game the last month of the season he was in a slump. There was talk of him getting cut, but Carl and Marty lacked the balls to do it.
Tell me if im wrong...

He was 24 for 27 going into the playoff game...

Hammock Parties
Nope. He had a chance to win it and blew it big time by playing for the field goal in OT. He played not to lose.

MORON!

Deberg_1990
For the record, there were also signs the last month of that season that Bono would choke as well....

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 12:10 AM
For the record, there were also signs the last month of that season that Bono would choke as well....
"Signs that someone is going to choke" I will file that under hindsight is 20\20

Saying they choked makes sense...saying they were not good enough to get the job done makes total sense...

Sings that they were going to choke is BS.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 12:12 AM

I don't really remember that. He piled up 3300 yards and 21 TDs as I recall...pretty solid season for a Martyball QB.

bricks
01-09-2005, 12:13 AM
I do. I kinda feel sorry for him. Come on guys, be a little sympathetic. The guy has had his share of misfortune. The fumble by Byner on the goaline, the phantom holding call on Manusky, which took away a field goal against the Broncos, this missed FG by Kaeding today, Lin Elliot's 3 missed goals. Marty's a good coach. It's unfortunate he never won anything. All these above, are things Marty can't control.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 12:16 AM
I do. I kinda feel sorry for him. Come on guys, be a little sympathetic. The guy has had his share of misfortune. The fumble by Byner on the goaline, the phantom holding call on Manusky, which took away a field goal against the Broncos, this missed FG by Kaeding today, Lin Elliot's 3 missed goals. Marty's a good coach. It's unfortunate he never won anything. All these above, are things Marty can't control.

You forgot the Drive from the year before the Fumble.

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Tell me if im wrong...

He was 24 for 27 going into the playoff game...

Yep. But a red flag was raised in that Miami game. I'd have whacked (I have vowed to never mention the kicker's name in my lifetime.)

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Yep. But a red flag was raised in that Miami game. I'd have whacked (I have vowed to never mention the kicker's name in my lifetime.)
call him 'the forgotten one'

bricks
01-09-2005, 12:18 AM
You forgot the Drive from the year before the Fumble.

Oh yeah thanks. That too :thumb:

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Would you really? Seems if every kicker went by that standard there would not be a whole lot of kickers on the same teams from year to year...

tk13
01-09-2005, 12:19 AM
The guy was 24 for 30 WITH the 3 missed FGs in the last game...
No I'm pretty sure that was just his regular season stats... plus he'd missed 3 extra points, which is not good.

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 12:20 AM

Personally, I blame that completely on Hackett. The game plan in that playoff game was quite honestly the worst I've ever seen. It was an embarrassment.

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2005, 12:20 AM

Uh, let's add a few things here:

The TO taken in the 2nd half of the 97 Donx game cause Elvis was 'tired', from not having played in 8 weeks.

The incredibly stupid fake punt call in the same game.

Failing to adress shortcomings in the kicking game prior to the 95 Colts game.

Staying with Bono too long in the same game.

ALL things he could control.

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 12:21 AM
No I'm pretty sure that was just his regular season stats... plus he'd missed 3 extra points, which is not good.
I could be wrong...that is what is listed at pro football reference...

Rain Man
Oh yeah thanks. That too :thumb:

And then of course there was the holding call against Szott on the Okoye run.

|Zach|
Personally, I blame that completely on Hackett. The game plan in that playoff game was quite honestly the worst I've ever seen. It was an embarrassment.
Deberg knew he was going to choke though...why did nobody listen?

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Would you really? Seems if every kicker went by that standard there would not be a whole lot of kickers on the same teams from year to year...

Without question. Late in the year with a team that seemed destined?

No doubt.

But, I'm going to leave this thread because it's dredging up some bad mamories for me that I'd rather not re-live for the millionth time.

bricks
01-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Uh, let's add a few things here:

The TO taken in the 2nd half of the 97 Donx game cause Elvis was 'tired', from not having played in 8 weeks.

The incredibly stupid fake punt call in the same game.

Failing to adress shortcomings in the kicking game prior to the 95 Colts game.

Staying with Bono too long in the same game.

ALL things he could control.

Yes very well agreed. Let's say the opposite happened from what I had just mentioned, Marty could very easily won all those playoff games couldn't he?
then, all of what you said wouldn't matter, and Marty wouldn't look so bad after all. Football, is a game of strange tails. It's amazing how certain things can happen that change and determine the outcome of a game isn't it?