PDA

View Full Version : So tommorrow will see how good Chump Bailey is.

bricks
01-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Right Bronco fans. This is what you got him for after all right?

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 12:33 AM
yep

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2005, 12:58 AM
He can't cover all of them, but Bronco fans and everyone will see just how good he is tomorrow. Should be a great game.

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm willing to cut Bailey a little slack since he's a combat veteran.

easymobee
01-09-2005, 01:16 AM
So far he is a Pro Bowl Starter and an AP All Pro starting CB.

Not so bad.

bricks
01-09-2005, 01:26 AM
So far he is a Pro Bowl Starter and an AP All Pro starting CB.

Not so bad.

Now, it's all about the playoffs, bud.

Taco John
01-09-2005, 01:34 AM
This is what we got him for...

Between him and Bell, there's going to be a lot of talk about the moves Shanahan made one way or the other after tomorrow...

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 01:37 AM
well, he won't have to cover Kennison so he should be ok....

David.
01-09-2005, 01:38 AM
IT'S WE'LL YOU FLIPPIN IDIOT GOSH!

Rausch
01-09-2005, 01:40 AM
This is what we got him for...

Between him and Bell, there's going to be a lot of talk about the moves Shanahan made one way or the other after tomorrow...

Looking back I think there's more evidence that Plummer was a blunder than Bailey...

Darkwolfe
01-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Let's see if Jake "Pitchin Ints" Plummer can give the ball to the Colts a few times.

Oh geezz.. We have a horse fight tomorrow..

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Looking back I think there's more evidence that Plummer was a blunder than Bailey...

I'm hoping another typically horrid playoff game by Plummer tomorrow enlightens the Donkey masses...they need to come to terms.

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 01:43 AM
if there is a God then KU will win at UK and Plummber will throw 13 ints as the Donkos lose 333 to -pi(e)....

Taco John
01-09-2005, 01:43 AM

Not even. What's the alternative? Keep Griese?

No. Not even. You can think what you want of course. But that doesn't mean it accurate...

oh, and by the way... you still owe me beer from last season damned deadbeat... :cuss: :p

Rausch
01-09-2005, 01:44 AM

No. Not even. You can think what you want of course. But that doesn't mean it accurate...

oh, and by the way... you still owe me beer from last season damned deadbeat... :cuss: :p

I thought we pushed?

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 01:46 AM

I don't think Griese ever had a 4-game stretch where he threw 2 TDs and 9 INT...

Taco John
01-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Let's see if Jake "Pitchin Ints" Plummer can give the ball to the Colts a few times.

Oh geezz.. We have a horse fight tomorrow..

It must be pretty disheartening game for the Chiefs on all fronts...

1) watching the two teams that have killed their superbowl chances the last three times they went to the playoffs...

2) watching the Broncos play the game that Chiefs fans believed they'd see the Chiefs playing before the season started.

3) wondering what kind of soda Trent Green will be drinking while watching the Broncos play in the playoffs...

Taco John
01-09-2005, 01:47 AM
I don't think Griese ever had a 4-game stretch where he threw 2 TDs and 9 INT...

I wouldn't be suprised if he did. And the point is still meaningless. Jake is a much better option than Griese despite any stretch that you want to point out.

Taco John
01-09-2005, 01:48 AM
I thought we pushed?

Hmmm.. search feature is down... I'd be able to find it under the search term Wager and my User Name...

Rausch
01-09-2005, 01:50 AM
Hmmm.. search feature is down... I'd be able to find it under the search term Wager and my User Name...

I owe another BB member first. But If I owe you, I'll make it right. Though it'll have to be after I get my tax return... :(

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 01:53 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if he did. And the point is still meaningless. Jake is a much better option than Griese despite any stretch that you want to point out.

They both suck in the playoffs...

Taco John
01-09-2005, 01:54 AM
They're not Trent Green in the playoffs, that's for sure...

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm willing to cut Bailey a little slack since he's a combat veteran.

He's a combat veteran? I will support whatever he says and does the rest of his life. No matter how insane in might be. I will follow him like servant follows his master. Following every command, no matter how ridiculous.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 01:55 AM

You remember the rudd play in the season opener for the Chiefs a couple of seasons back? Rember how Green threw the ball up and Tait just happened to get lucky and catch it?..Griese did that all the time...he wouldn't take a sack.

Rausch
01-09-2005, 02:07 AM
They're not Trent Green in the playoffs, that's for sure...

Plummer dreams of having a day like the One Green did against the Colts in the playoffs...

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Plummer dreams of having a day like the One Green did against the Colts in the playoffs...

Green sucked because he didn't win. :rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 06:38 AM
If anyone is still saying Griese is better for the Broncos then Plummer... you need your head examined. Plummer is good for this offense and the players like him. The players did not like Griese.

If you want to talk about Green and Plummer... 2004, both topped 4,000 yards passing, both had 27 TDs ... and Green only had 3 fewer INTs.

Only one went to the playoffs.

Now, Champ Bailey and Lynch ... this is the reason they were signed by Denver. I fear the defense more today than I do anything related to Plummer.

I trust Plummer in any game against the Colts' defense more than I do Denver's defense against that offense. This is the time, the moment that they were brought to Denver. Time to deliver.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 06:50 AM

Clipped from an artical today: http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~34273~2643167,00.html

"Say two names around the Broncos - Brian Griese and Daryl Gardener - and you get winces and second looks. Both were models of the team's futilities the past few seasons.

Griese lasted from 1998 through 2002 as a Broncos quarterback and is remembered as a divisive force, a lackluster leader, an underachiever and a genesis of the split between the team's offense and defense."

royr17
01-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Clipped from an artical today: http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~34273~2643167,00.html

"Say two names around the Broncos - Brian Griese and Daryl Gardener - and you get winces and second looks. Both were models of the team's futilities the past few seasons.

Griese lasted from 1998 through 2002 as a Broncos quarterback and is remembered as a divisive force, a lackluster leader, an underachiever and a genesis of the split between the team's offense and defense."

Hmm, interesting, if i dont recall correctly but didnt Griese have a pretty good year in TB ? I think the donkeys gave up on him too early, you should stick behind him not matter what.

But clearly I think Griese is a better QB than Plummet, and he would've probably done pretty good if your team didnt give up on him so early.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Hmm, interesting, if i dont recall correctly but didnt Griese have a pretty good year in TB ? I think the donkeys gave up on him too early, you should stick behind him not matter what.

But clearly I think Griese is a better QB than Plummet, and he would've probably done pretty good if your team didnt give up on him so early.

Denver didn't have much of a choice... he divided the team. He had personal issues that distanced himself from the team. It's a "team game". Sounds like you could have surveyed the team during Griese's final year and the consensus would have voted him off the island.

I think he has talent and hopefully will have a nice career, but I'm not going to cry about him being gone. It didn't work out. Sticking with a player "no matter what" is kinda silly and counter-productive.

I think you guys should stick with Morton.

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Hmm interesting you should bring that up about Griese, look at the season comaprisions :

Jake Plummet
Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sack/Lost Rating
521 303 4089 58.2 7.8 27 5.2 20 3.8 85 15/90 84.5

Brian Griese
Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sack/Lost Rating
336 233 2632 69.3 7.8 20 6.0 12 3.6 68 26/169 97.5

From looking at that, it clearly looks like Griese was a better QB than Plummet, and Plummet has a RB, WR's, and TE's, I mean not to mention that lets see Pittman is RB in TB, Clayton is your WR and Dilger your TE.

Clearly Griese did better with what he had around him compared to Plummet so clearly I would think Griese is the better QB.

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Denver didn't have much of a choice... he divided the team. He had personal issues that distanced himself from the team. It's a "team game". Sounds like you could have surveyed the team during Griese's final year and the consensus would have voted him off the island.

I think he has talent and hopefully will have a nice career, but I'm not going to cry about him being gone. It didn't work out. Sticking with a player "no matter what" is kinda silly and counter-productive.

I think you guys should stick with Morton.

Naw we not sticking with Morton after this, "Johnnie have any intentions of playin today, Morton replies "FOR WHAT IN 6 HOURS IM OUT OF KC" now would you want someone that said something like that on your team ?

I DONT THINK SO. Plus he isnt worth what he is gettin paid.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Can you clean those stats up? A bit jumbled.

So, if you're going to do that, then by the same token are you willing to admit that Green = Plummer?

Both topped 4,000 yards, both had 27 TDs, Plummer had 20 INTs and Green 17.

Stats are stats and you're attempt to compare the 2004 years for Plummer to Griese is ill fated.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:08 AM
roy - let me add that I think Griese had a fine year.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Griese's 2004 performance was similar to 2000 when he only played 10 games, threw 19 TDs and 4 INTs... made the pro bowl. Let's see what he does next year.

Griese only played 11 games, he had 20 TDs and 12 INTs... so, take that over 5 more games and that would have put him near Green's and Plummer's numbers for the years in both TDs and INTs.

So, turn the ignition off the Griese bandwagon...

It's fine if you don't like Plummer, he's working out for Denver and improving in the system.

Plummer has been in Denver for 2 seasons... both 10 win, playoff seasons.

Plummer has started 27 regular season games in Denver.
The Broncos have 19 wins in those 27 games.

Plummer has eclipsed 6,200 passing yards - 42 passing TDs - 27 INTs
Combined, Plummer has 6,600 total yards - 46 TDs - 27 INTs.

The INTs are high, but the production and wins are very very nice.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Plummer racked up alot of stats against shit competition. Usually when he faces a good defense, he sucks ass.

You can spin it however you want, but Green didn't have a 4 or 5 game slide where he sucked ass. In fact, he only had two games where he threw more than one interception, and in one of those games he put up 31 friggin points.

BTW, Green owns the Colts. He destroys their defense them every time he faces them.

Plummer's had one solid game, a shit game, and a meaningless game (the one Indy handed you on a silver platter).

I'd love to see Plummer against the Ravens. ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 07:27 AM
It's fine if you don't like Plummer, he's working out for Denver and improving in the system.

Horsecrap! He played better last year! He's played worse this year!

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Just knew what you was gettin when you picked up Plummet, as long as he is your QB your team will not win another championship, he chokes and panics too much.

The Chiefs have a better chance with Green if we could get some defense instead of relying on the offense to pull us through.

Hopefully this offseason you will see alot of dramatic improvements by gettin some new coaches and players.

But anyway enjoy this playoff game while you can cause at the end of the 4th quarter the Dorkos are on there way home and into the offseason.

I'll give yall credit for making it to the playoffs and I HATE DOING THAT.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Settle down, Beavis.

Plummer played 11 games in 2003 - 16 in 2004.
2003 he had 8 more TDs than INTs
2004 he had 7 more TDs than INTs

He averaged 7.2 ypa in 2003 and 7.8 in 2004. His completion percent went from 62.6 in 2003 to 58.0 in 2004. That could be explained by losing Sharpe - his security blanket in 2004, or by the fact that he attempted 220 more passes.

Give it up, goat boy.

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Plummer racked up alot of stats against shit competition. Usually when he faces a good defense, he sucks ass.

You can spin it however you want, but Green didn't have a 4 or 5 game slide where he sucked ass. In fact, he only had two games where he threw more than one interception, and in one of those games he put up 31 friggin points.

BTW, Green owns the Colts. He destroys their defense them every time he faces them.

Plummer's had one solid game, a shit game, and a meaningless game (the one Indy handed you on a silver platter).

I'd love to see Plummer against the Ravens. ROFL

See I have to agree with gochiefs here cause he's right, Plummet sucked against good teams and killed shit teams. Im sorry Mile High but until your teams finds a better QB your not gonna get another super bowl.

Plummet is not the man. He couldnt get it done in Arizona although Zona sucked and in the big game he choked and he'll do the same and the only reason yall won that game last week was cause Indy player there subs the whole game pretty much and they still put 20 up on your team.

Sorry but the Dorkos are gonna get there ass handed to them on a silver platter today.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Settle down, Beavis.

Plummer played 11 games in 2003 - 16 in 2004.
2003 he had 8 more TDs than INTs
2004 he had 7 more TDs than INTs

He averaged 7.2 ypa in 2003 and 7.8 in 2004. His completion percent went from 62.6 in 2003 to 58.0 in 2004. That could be explained by losing Sharpe - his security blanket in 2004, or by the fact that he attempted 220 more passes.

Give it up, goat boy.

Whatever. Anyone that watched Plummer in 2003 and 2004 knows that he clearly did not play as well this year.

Most of that can be attributed to the fact that he played weak defenses all year in 2003. The best defense he faced was the Bears, and guess what? He looked like ass in that game.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:41 AM
I'll play...

Teams Denver played that finished above .500 in 2004:

Chargers - Denver split. Plummer had 1 good game and one bad game.

Jags - 250 yds, no TDs, no picks.

Falcons - 499 yds passing - 4 TDs - 3 INTs

Won't count the final game vs Indy.

So, there you go ... just 3 teams - 4 games against winning teams, and Denver was 1-3. Losing badly at home to the Falcons, at SD and at the Jags.

The Falcons loss can be tagged to Bailey just as easily as many want to tag it to Plummer. So, take from it what you will. Yes, Plummer had a bad stretch of games, but that doesn't matter today at noon.

Jags game should have been a W - thanks to Quentin fumbling when a FG should have been kicked, but shit happens.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:43 AM
You're right, Goat boy... I can not win a battle of wits with you. Run along now.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 07:48 AM
I'll play...

Teams Denver played that finished above .500 in 2004:

Chargers - Denver split. Plummer had 1 good game and one bad game.

Jags - 250 yds, no TDs, no picks.

Falcons - 499 yds passing - 4 TDs - 3 INTs

Won't count the final game vs Indy.

So, there you go ... just 3 teams - 4 games against winning teams, and Denver was 1-3. Losing badly at home to the Falcons, at SD and at the Jags.

The Falcons loss can be tagged to Bailey just as easily as many want to tag it to Plummer. So, take from it what you will. Yes, Plummer had a bad stretch of games, but that doesn't matter today at noon.

Jags game should have been a W - thanks to Quentin fumbling when a FG should have been kicked, but shit happens.

6 points against the Jags. Yeah, you're QB played REAL good. ROFL

Falcons - shitty, shitty game. No way around it.

1st SD game - I'll give him some props...played well.

2nd game - terrible! ROFL

YOU run along, dipshit.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:56 AM
6 points against the Jags. Yeah, you're QB played REAL good. ROFL

Falcons - shitty, shitty game. No way around it.

1st SD game - I'll give him some props...played well.

2nd game - terrible! ROFL

YOU run along, dipshit.

You're very intelligent. Why do you even waste time on a sports board?

Jags game - He had decent yardage on the road and no turnovers in a game Denver should have won by kicking a FG.

Falcons game - almost 500 yds and 4 TDs with 3 picks. High on the picks, but the other was very good. He wasn't on the field when Vick and company were having their fun.

Please put me on ignore.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Jags game - He had decent yardage on the road and no turnovers in a game Denver should have won by kicking a FG.

Falcons game - almost 500 yds and 4 TDs with 3 picks. High on the picks, but the other was very good. He wasn't on the field when Vick and company were having their fun.

Please put me on ignore.

Jags game? SIX POINTS...Oh, high yardage and no turnovers. I guess that puts him in the NFL elite.

Falcons game....TOTAL SHIT. He piled up garbage stats after the game was already decided, partially by his horrible interceptions.

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Anyone who thinks Plummber is as good as Green is a moron....just compare last years playoff performances to figure that out.

The problem with KC is their defense.

The problem with Denver is their QB.

What's Plummber like with a terrible D? Just look at Arizona.

Green would sell his children to play with a real defense. Plummber blows it and scores 10 points in the freakin playoffs.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Jags game? SIX POINTS...Oh, high yardage and no turnovers. I guess that puts him in the NFL elite.

Falcons game....TOTAL SHIT. He piled up garbage stats after the game was already decided, partially by his horrible interceptions.

2nd game of the year, on the road... 6 points sucks, but you can't stick the loss on Plummer.

Falcons... yes, he threw 2 costly INTs that let ATL score 10 points, but he didn't allow Vick to rush for 115 and have a fine day passing 2 TDs to Price.

I'm not saying that was a stellar game by Plummer, but tagging the loss on him alone is dumb.

Garbage stats ... he had 2 TDs to start off the game. And, yes just as every QB does, he compiled a lot of yardage when playing from behind.

I know that Green has never done that, but he's the lone example.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Anyone who thinks Plummber is as good as Green is a moron....just compare last years playoff performances to figure that out.

The problem with KC is their defense.

The problem with Denver is their QB.

What's Plummber like with a terrible D? Just look at Arizona.

Green would sell his children to play with a real defense. Plummber blows it and scores 10 points in the freakin playoffs.

I hope you know this, but I'm not comparing them... just having fun with goat boy.

If you think Plummer is the main issue in Denver, then I think that's foolish. Are you telling me that Bailey and company have no blame in the losses to KC, Atlanta, Cincy or Oakland?

Yes, Plummer will throw INTs... maybe if our vaunted defense could do what their supposed to do more consistently, it would balance out.

I have accepted that Plummer has issues, but I like the good things that he does and if you can't see improvement in his play from 2003 to 2004, I just don't think you're watching the games.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2005, 08:14 AM
2nd game of the year, on the road... 6 points sucks, but you can't stick the loss on Plummer.

Falcons... yes, he threw 2 costly INTs that let ATL score 10 points, but he didn't allow Vick to rush for 115 and have a fine day passing 2 TDs to Price.

I'm not saying that was a stellar game by Plummer, but tagging the loss on him alone is dumb.

Garbage stats ... he had 2 TDs to start off the game. And, yes just as every QB does, he compiled a lot of yardage when playing from behind.

I know that Green has never done that, but he's the lone example.

Green compiled plenty of garbage stats...in 2001! And he sucked that year!

I'm not tagging the loss on him...but he certainly didn't do much to rally the troops!

Plummer SUCKS. Green has been on fire for three years now trying to overcome a pathetic defense. There's NO comparison.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 08:16 AM
We'll agree to disagree. Time to move on.

Valiant
01-09-2005, 01:36 PM
no, thats not what you said at the beginning of the year.. You said champ would stabalize the secondary... just by have champ made you secondary better, this is what you told us all year... if the magical champ can shut down one reciever byhimself(ahahahhah) then the defense should be able to swing coverage to the other recievers.. This is all the shit you said when you picked up bailey...

You guys would have the top defense with bailey.. what is the excuse now???

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Once again Plummber is choking.

He is a farce at QB.

I love it.