PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Kansas Jayhawks @ Kentucky Wildcats

teedubya
01-09-2005, 02:40 AM
On football game threads... my domination over animal named teams is well documented. Lets see if it will work in Rump Arena. heh.

Go :KU:

Date: Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005.

Tipoff: 3:30 p.m. CST.

Site: Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky.

Series record: Kentucky leads 19-3.

Last meeting: Kentucky 92, Kansas 88 (OT); March 14, 1999; New Orleans.

Coaches: Bill Self (34-9, second season; 241-114, 13th season overall), Kansas; Tubby Smith (201-53, eighth season; 325-115, 14th season overall), Kentucky.

Radio/Television: CBS Sports, with Verne Lundquist and Billy Packer; Jayhawk Radio Network, with Bob Davis and Max Falkenstien; University of Kentucky Radio Network, with Tom Leach, Mike Pratt and Dave Baker.

Probable Starting Lineups:

Kansas (10-0): F-Christian Moody, 6.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg; C-C.J. Giles, 3.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg; G-Keith Langford, 14.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg; G-Aaron Miles, 9.7 ppg, 7.5 apg; G-J.R. Giddens, 10.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg.

Kentucky (10-1): F-Chuck Hayes, 11.9 ppg, 9.5 rpg; F-Kelenna Azubuike, 15.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg; C-Randolph Morris, 10.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg; G-Rajon Rondo, 6.8 ppg, 2.6 apg; G-Patrick Sparks, 11.5 ppg, 5.4 apg.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Self esteem runs high in Kansas

JAYHAWKS COACH CARVES HIS OWN NICHE WHILE CARRYING ON SCHOOL'S WINNING TRADITION

By John Clay

HERALD-LEADER SPORTS COLUMNIST

LAWRENCE, Kan. - They loved Roy. Oh, how the Kansans loved Roy Williams.

They loved the way he returned their beloved Jayhawks to national prominence. They loved that he stayed 15 years. They loved that he won 418 games, went to four Final Fours, led Kansas to two NCAA title games.

The rest of America may have cringed at the sight, but Kansans even loved it when Roy cried after a tough loss.

And then after the 2003 season, Roy Williams took that love back to Chapel Hill.

"Some people got over it right away," says Max Falkenstein, a staple on Kansas radio broadcasts for 59 years. "And some people will never get over it."

Would they, could they, fall in love again?

Bill Self has this easygoing charm. He has sort of an impish grin. He's tall, and handsome, and athletic.

Why, young Bill's senior year at Edmond High School, Bill Self beat out Wayman Tisdale and Mark Price for Oklahoma player of the year honors.

"That's true," Self says with that grin. "But I was a senior, and those two guys were juniors. They always gave the award to a senior."

You're grinning, too.

A year and a half into his new job, with some big shoes to fill, 42-year-old Bill Self is doing just fine, thank you, by being Bill Self.

"Everybody loves Coach Self," says Billy Gillespie, former Self assistant, now the head coach at Texas A&M. "The players love him. The fans love him. You guys in the media love him. Everybody loves Bill."

After Williams left, the good 'Hawks in Kansas weren't exactly in the mood for love. They'd been hurt, jilted. Three years before, when North Carolina came calling, Roy Williams had said no to his alma mater. When the Heels approached Williams in '03, the Kansans assumed the answer would hold. It didn't.

They loved Bill Self at Illinois, too, where the young coach took the Illini to the Elite Eight in 2001, just as he had done with Tulsa the year before.

But as Williams could not turn down Carolina, Kansas was too hard for Self to refuse. He is an Oklahoman by birth, a Big 12 man at heart. He played at Oklahoma State, was an assistant for eight years there under first Leonard Hamilton, then Eddie Sutton.

His first head-coaching job was at Oral Roberts. He got the call telling him he was the new head coach at Tulsa while playing golf with his friend, and former Tulsa coach, Tubby Smith.

"The thing I admire about Tubby is how tough he is," Self said. "He's down 16 to Louisville and he just wills his team to win. Coaches always feel pressure to win, and it's high here, but I'm sure it's unbelievably high there."

Kansas doesn't treat basketball as a hobby, either.

Q: What do you like most about this job?

A: "That on a miserable night in the middle of the week, 16,500 would show up to watch us play," says Self last Wednesday, the night his team beat Texas A&M 65-60. "I love that."

But do they love him?

"People like him very much," says Falkenstein. "He's very laid-back. He's a people person. He's just as interested in talking to the letter carrier as he is talking to the university president."

In fact, says Falkenstein, the Kansas players have had more difficulty adjusting to their new head coach than have the fans.

Williams was a push-the-ball-up-the-floor coach, teaching the principles of the attack he learned from Dean Smith, another former Kansan. Self likes the fast break, but once his teams settle into the half-court, they lean toward the high-low game.

"I like this offense a lot," says Kansas guard Keith Langford, a senior who played his first two years with Williams. The way Langford says "a lot" makes you think there was some resistance, at least at first.

And there was. A year ago, the Jayhawks lost at home to Richmond, by 14 at Nevada, by 20 at Oklahoma State, by 15 at Texas. By year's end, however, Self had Kansas within an overtime of making the Final Four before losing 79-71 to Georgia Tech in the Midwest finals.

Two months into this season, Kansas is 10-0, but with a pair of asterisks. The Jayhawks are without their best player, Wayne Simien, sidelined for the time being by a broken thumb. They are experienced nail-biters. A year ago, Kansas was 0-8 when it trailed in the final five minutes. This year it is 4-0.

So how is the transition progressing? For his part, Self claims not to notice.

"It's been smooth for me," he says. "I don't know if it has been for the people here, but it has been for me.

"To be honest with you, and I'm sure this is the same for Tubby, you're like the calm in the eye of the storm. You're so concerned with your team you don't have time for that stuff. And you have to remember I've been here before."

That was 1985-86 when Self was a grad assistant on the Larry Brown-coached Kansas team that reached the Final Four before losing to Duke. Since then, Self has grown into not only one of the game's best coaches -- three Elite Eights in the last five years -- but best-liked.

"He doesn't panic," says Tubby Smith. "You know his team is going to give a consistent effort every night and those are the toughest teams to handle and to play."

"I think his strength is the way he gets his teams to play hard," says Gillespie. "He treats them so well, they want to do well for him."

"He's just a real good guy," says Falkenstein.

That has made the transition easier. Kansans loved Roy, but it hasn't taken them long to warm up to Bill.

"He is who he is and he's very comfortable with who he is," says Gillespie. "Everybody loves Bill."

teedubya
01-09-2005, 03:04 AM
Roy Williams won't watch team he created

SIMIEN SEARCHING FOR A CAST; 23 SCOUTS FROM 21 NBA TEAMS WILL BE AT RUPP

By Jerry Tipton

HERALD-LEADER STAFF WRITER

Although his team does not play today, former Kansas coach Roy Williams does not plan to watch the Jayhawks take on Kentucky.

"I'm not trying to be corny, but I really have a hard time watching the Kansas kids play," he said. "It hurts so much when they don't do well."

Williams coached at Kansas for 15 seasons before leaving for North Carolina in 2003. He recruited the senior core of the Jayhawks' team: guards Keith Langford, Aaron Miles and Michael Lee, plus forward Wayne Simien.

"Nucleus class," Williams called it. "I told them I'd build other recruiting around them."

No Simien

During his on-line chat Friday, Kansas star Wayne Simien was asked when he might return from a thumb injury sustained on Dec. 18.

"Right now the doctors and I are shooting for Iowa State (next Wednesday)," he wrote. "We are experimenting with different types of casts. So hopefully we can find one that is sturdy enough for my hand but will not hurt anyone else."

UK forward Chuck Hayes played against Simien on the AAU circuit. "You have to bring your lunch pail when you go against Big Wayne," he said.

SEC 1-12

Kansas Coach Bill Self dismissed any suggestion that the SEC's 1-12 record against ranked teams held significance.

"We don't play the SEC," he said. "We play Kentucky."

Kentucky claimed the SEC's only victory against a ranked team, and that victory required a comeback from a 16-point deficit at Louisville.

Through games of last weekend, the Big 12 Conference was 4-5 against ranked teams. Kansas had that league's only victory against a top-10 team. The Jayhawks rallied from a 16-point first-half deficit to beat No. 9 Georgia Tech 70-68.

"You can see the balance in college basketball today," UK Coach Tubby Smith said. "When scholarships were reduced to 13 (from 15), the basketball world changed a lot. The good teams are still going to get the good players, but you're seeing a lot of mid-majors get outstanding players as well."

Charitable opportunity

The Red Cross and Fifth Third Bank are sponsoring a charity effort in and around Rupp Arena today. Donations, which are tax deductible, will be for victims of the recent tsunami.

Scant seating for media, scouts

Seating will be at a premium for reporters and NBA scouts.

UK issued 75 extra media credentials for the game. Those went to such outlets as the New York Times, New York Daily News, Sports Illustrated, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, ESPN.com and The Sporting News.

UK also expected 23 scouts representing 21 NBA teams to attend. Those scouts include former UK player Irving Thomas (Lakers) and former Kansas players Kevin Pritchard (Trail Blazers) and Milt Newton (Wizards).

Foot fetish

Kansas guard Keith Langford is noted for his footwear. If he's not playing well, he's likely to change shoes to change his luck.

He's been known to change shoes and/or socks at halftime. The fetish goes back to high school.

"I hate the fact that it gets to me sometimes," he told the Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World two seasons ago. "But it does, and when the urge comes to change the shoes, I guess I'll have to."

Self-interest in series

Kentucky and Kansas will play again next season in Lawrence. That will end the contract.

Coach Self said he wanted to extend the series, which once was one of college basketball's best.

"When I got here, I really wanted to play them," he said. "Hopefully, the series will go as we anticipate, and it'll continue for years."

teedubya
01-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Jayhawks eager for first road test

By Gary Bedore, Assistant Sports Editor

Saturday, January 8, 2005

After playing nine games in Allen Fieldhouse and one in Kemper Arena, Kansas University's basketball players are more than ready to hit the road.

advertisement

"I'm not ready to get away from our fans, but it's time. It's about time we get road-tested," KU senior Michael Lee said.

Today, he and his teammates will board a charter flight for Lexington, Ky. -- the first time the Jayhawks have flown together since a Labor Day weekend excursion to Canada.

"I'm excited," KU senior Keith Langford said of Sunday's 3:30 p.m. challenge against No. 8-ranked Kentucky at Rupp Arena.

"At Kansas, we pride ourselves on having the best fans, the best arena, best place to play. I'm sure Kentucky does the same. I've not been to Rupp Arena. I want to see it."

UK coach Tubby Smith's Wildcats enter with a 10-1 record, the only loss a 91-78 decision Dec. 4 at North Carolina.

"I look forward to going on the road to see how the team will adjust, will react," senior Aaron Miles said.

Especially the freshmen.

"It will be different for them," Lee said. "I think they'll be able to settle down and play."

C.J. Giles, Sasha Kaun, Alex Galindo and Russell Robinson figure to be OK if they follow the seniors' lead.

"It's not the freshmen's responsibility to handle adversity," Langford said. "It's the seniors' job. The main thing on the road is to handle adversity. We've had it before the season with injuries, during the season with two-a-day practices and injuries. The seniors have been in every road-type environment except Rupp Arena.

"We have to use every experience on the road to keep the team poised."

Smith was asked Friday if the Wildcats would benefit from KU playing its first road game at Rupp.

"I hope so, but they are very poised and disciplined," he said. "They've shown poise and ability to come back from deficits and win. Kansas will light it up if we don't guard on the perimeter."

royr17
01-09-2005, 06:34 AM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU !!!!!!!!!!!

DT4everaChief
01-09-2005, 07:30 AM
This will be a tough game for the Hawks. If they come out playing their A game then they should win. If they play like the did against Texas A&M we will lose. Rock Chalk Jayhawk go KU.

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:35 AM
I just want us to beat Kentucky so all the Kentucky gonna kill Kansas smack can stop.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 08:15 AM
19-3 is some series domination by Kentucky... hopefully we can help right that imbalance today.

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm excited, but not worried...after Simien went down I just wanted to win 1 of the GT/UK games (and I wanted GT more, for revenge). Winning both would be gravy.

It will be close just like GT. The way we play defense, even if we lose, it won't be by much.

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 08:27 AM
whitlock (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10599919.htm)

Posted on Sun, Jan. 09, 2005

Galindo at the head of the class

JASON WHITLOCK

LEXINGTON, Ky. — We shouldn't be all that surprised that as the Kansas Jayhawks hit the meat of their schedule, versatile forward Alex Galindo is developing into KU's most valuable freshman.

The least heralded of Kansas' five-man recruiting class, Galindo is likely to play a critical role in the success or failure of the unbeaten Jayhawks today when they receive their first real road test at Kentucky, 10-1. With Wayne Simien out with a thumb injury and Galindo's frontcourt classmates — Darnell Jackson, C.J. Giles and Sasha Kaun — struggling, Kansas coach Bill Self will probably be forced to play “small” against the Wildcats.

Galindo, a 6-foot-7 wing player, will get plenty of minutes at the four spot and could conceivably find himself on the court with Aaron Miles, Keith Langford, J.R. Giddens and Michael Lee, all perimeter players.

Playing on the road and against a highly skilled opponent, Self will be tempted to put his best offensive team on the court and run with the Wildcats. Galindo would definitely be a member of Kansas' best offensive team.

By season's end, Galindo just might be one of KU's five best players. Had we done a little homework, had we digested the lesson we learned from this summer's Olympic basketball tournament, we wouldn't be startled by the fact that Galindo showed up in Lawrence more prepared to contribute than his freshman, frontcourt peers.

Galindo, born and reared in Puerto Rico, has been heavily influenced by the international style of play. He didn't come stateside until his junior year of high school. And even then, he played in coach Danny Hurley's sophisticated and fundamentally sound system at St. Benedict's Prep in New Jersey.

Kaun, from Russia, started playing basketball in the United States as a high school freshman. Jackson and Giles, of course, spent all of their formative basketball years working on tomahawk dunks, alley-oop dunks, windmill dunks and watching “SportsCenter” highlights of slam-dunk facials. We contaminate our players. Other cultures school their basketball players.

Galindo is a typical international player. In the Kansas media guide, Galindo lists Germany's Dirk Nowitzki as his favorite player. You can see a little of Nowitzki's polish in Galindo's game.

Galindo has a lovely release on his shot. He can put the ball on the floor. He moves effortlessly and willingly without the basketball. He's not all that physical, but he's a creative, finesse rebounder. Galindo is a skilled basketball player. Does he have a lot of ground to make up as a defender? Yes.

Galindo lacks some of the physical gifts shared by his classmates — and sophomore J.R. Giddens — but he makes up for that shortcoming with court savvy and fundamentals, two qualities that breed confidence in an athlete.

In terms of confidence, Galindo reminds me of Keith Langford and Aaron Miles. Neither Langford nor Miles is a pure shooter. Miles, in fact, is a poor shooter. But when the game is on the line, Langford and Miles stroke the ball like they're the illegitimate children of Larry Bird.

Galindo, a teenager on a team with lots of experience, has already taken and drained two monster three-pointers in late-game situations. He's on the record that he can't wait to take another one. His three-point bombs helped Kansas survive Georgia Tech and Texas A&M. Galindo is a confident player. I don't anticipate him melting inside of Rupp Arena today.

In fact, I envision Galindo becoming a bigger and bigger element in Kansas' future. With Simien headed back to the lineup a little ahead of schedule, Self will quickly tire of waiting for the light to go off in the head of Jackson or Giles. Self will resign himself to the fact that he'll have to make do with Christian Moody and Galindo playing the bulk of the minutes opposite Simien.

Self will create minutes for Jackson and Giles by giving Galindo minutes in Giddens' wing spot. Galindo might have more to offer the Jayhawks on the wing than Giddens. Galindo is a far more active rebounder than Giddens. Galindo, because of his ball-handling skill, can drive the lane and get to the free-throw line easier than Giddens.

Hey, it sounds like I'm calling Galindo the second coming of Paul Pierce. I'm not. It's just that Galindo's versatility and skill make him a very valuable member of the Jayhawks, more valuable than we ever imagined when he committed to KU.

royr17
01-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Come on guys, lets go out and KICK SOME WILDCAT ASS TODAY !!!

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 08:43 AM
It's going to be tough to win this one without Dub. Here's hoping we can do it.

royr17
01-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Yes it is gonna be tough but i think this team can do it. I think this is the team that may finally bring us our NCAA title again.

ROYC75
01-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I went to my grandsons Jr Pro Basketbal game Saturday sporting my KU shirt. I quickley found out I was the minority in the gym . What's up with that ! :D

ROYC75
01-09-2005, 09:31 AM
UK's Hayes wanted to be a Jayhawk

ROY WILLIAMS: 'I SCREWED UP'

By Jerry Tipton

If then-Kansas coach Roy Williams had simply accepted Chuck Hayes' commitment four years ago, Kentucky would be without its rock-solid senior leader in Sunday's big game.

"I loved it," Hayes said about his recruiting visit to Kansas as a high school senior. "I had my mind set on Kansas."

Kansas star Drew Gooden had been an AAU teammate. Hayes knew and liked two incoming Jayhawk recruits from the same Portland, Ore., high school: Aaron Miles and Michael Lee.

So why didn't Kansas snap up Hayes, a Parade All-American and California State D-1 Player of the Year? Before going into the details, Williams said, "You can put it in bold script: I screwed up."

Williams, now the North Carolina coach, told Hayes he would accept the commitment only after learning what another prospect, Josh Childress, would do.

"When he told me that," Hayes recalled this week, "obviously, he wasn't into me like I was into them."

Williams acknowledged that he did like Childress "a little more" than Hayes.

"Only because -- and I'm being absolutely truthful -- he was a true small forward who could shoot it," Williams said of Childress.

Another factor made Childress more attractive: A prized 7-foot prospect, Jamal Sampson, told Kansas he would commit to Kansas if Childress did.

"I really liked Chuck," Williams said. "But Josh was more truly what I needed as a small forward. Then there is a 7-footer who wants to come with him."

After Childress made his official visit to Kansas, Williams gave him a week to decide. In that week, Hayes surprised the coach by calling and saying he wanted to commit.

"I had to tell him, I've told Josh I'd give him one week," Williams said.

Childress' mother and two brothers lobbied hard for Kansas, Williams said. The prospect's girlfriend wanted him to go to Stanford.

The girlfriend won.

Upon receiving the news, Williams said, "I hung up immediately and called Chuck. Chuck had committed to Tubby (Smith, Kentucky's coach) the night before.

"I was sick. You know that saying about a bird in hand is worth two in a bush. I had two in a bush and none in my hand."

Williams had sound reasons for his decision to make Childress-Sampson his top priority. Childress became an All-American for Stanford. Sampson played for California and now is a member of the NBA Charlotte Bobcats.

Yet when recalling his failure to accept Hayes' commitment, Williams said, "In my 15 years at Kansas, that was one of my two biggest mistakes."

The other big mistake? The trouble-filled recruitment of high-profile prospects Korleone Young and Jaron Rush.

Hayes was not happy either.

"I was kind of disappointed and hurt at the time," he told the Wichita Eagle this week.

Not that Hayes regrets coming to Kentucky or will carry a grudge into Sunday's game.

"No, no," he said. "Everything has worked out for the best. That's how it usually goes."

Of course, Williams thrived, too. His North Carolina team is a prime contender to reach this year's Final Four.

Hayes and Williams recalled their recruiting tango when Kentucky played at North Carolina in December.

"I told him he was my favorite player on another team," said Williams, who noted that he meant any opposing team other than Kansas. "Here is a guy, as a senior, who's still making sure the team is doing better rather than 'I' doing better."

ROYC75
01-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Common foe says Kansas at a loss

Gamecocks: Size will be problem vs. UK

By Jerry Tipton

No Wayne Simien doesn't exactly equal no chance for Kansas in Sunday's game at Kentucky. But his absence gives UK a decided advantage in this highly anticipated showdown of top 10 teams, knowledgeable observers say.

South Carolina Coach Dave Odom, whose team lost at Kansas and Kentucky by four-point margins, immediately noted Simien's absence when asked to compare the Wildcats and Jayhawks.

"Two really good teams," he said. "It's a shame both are not at full strength. ... I'd expect a hard-fought game. But let's face it. One team is not at full strength."

Without Simien, a 6-foot-9 All-America candidate, Kansas is vulnerable to Kentucky inside, Odom and South Carolina players said. Simien had 20 points and 11 rebounds before injuring the thumb on his left (non-shooting) hand against South Carolina on Dec. 18.

"We know first-hand how good Kentucky is inside," Odom said after UK beat the Gamecocks 79-75 on Wednesday. "And Kansas is playing without their best inside player. ... Right now, I'd say size is a bit of a problem for Kansas going into that game."

Before the injury, Simien had six double-doubles in seven games. He was averaging 17.4 points and 12 rebounds.

South Carolina point guard Tre' Kelley noted the scarcity of dominant big men.

"Simien may not be the best player on Kansas, but he is the most important," he said. "Without him, they are going to have problems."

In its no-Simien incarnation, "Kansas is more of an outside team," Kelley said. "But Kentucky can't allow offensive boards like tonight. We had too many."

South Carolina, which started a 6-9, 195-pound center in sophomore Brandon Wallace, had two put-back dunks among its nine offensive rebounds against Kentucky.

Another South Carolina guard, Josh Gonner, noted how UK big men can exploit a smaller team.

"The inside game for Kentucky should be better without Simien," Gonner said. "The (UK) big men know how to pass and move without the ball."

Former UK player Larry Conley, now a college basketball analyst for several media outlets, noted how Kansas has several high-quality players. Among them are senior guards Aaron Miles and Keith Langford, plus a collection of highly touted freshmen, which include one-time UK prospect Russell Robinson.

But Conley tabbed Simien as the key player for Kansas and the second-best inside player in the country (behind only Ike Diago of Arizona State).

"Kansas is not as good without Simien," Conley said. "He's by far their best player."

By the numbers

UK's Sports Information Office offered this perspective on highly ranked opponents coming to Rupp Arena:

• This is the 21st game between top 10 teams in Rupp Arena. Eighteen of the previous 20 have involved UK. The other two were NCAA Tournament contests (1989 regional semifinal between No. 10 Michigan and No. 5 North Carolina and 1985 national semifinal between No. 1 Georgetown and No. 3 St. John's).

• UK is 25-6 in Rupp Arena when playing a higher-ranked opponent. The Wildcats have won their last 11 home games against a higher- ranked foe, with the last loss coming 11 years ago when fourth-ranked UK lost to third ranked Arkansas, 90-82 on Feb. 9, 1994.

• UK is 51-43 all-time against top-five teams, including a 9-8 record against teams ranked No. 2. No. 2 Kansas is UK's highest-ranked opponent since No. 1 Florida lost in Rupp Arena, 70-55 on Feb. 4, 2003.

• UK is 66-13 in Rupp Arena against ranked opponents, including a 26-5 record against top-10 foes and a 10-1 mark versus top-five teams. UK is 4-0 in Rupp against teams ranked first or second.

ROYC75
01-09-2005, 09:36 AM
With the way UK played against SC, The feeling here in KY today is...... KILL KILL KILL. They feel they have something to prove today against KU.

I too feel without Wayne, we are in for a long day.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 09:55 AM
I hope nobody reminds them of that day in 1989 when we blasted them 150-95.

DJay23
01-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Kentucky just has too much going for them in this game. We'll probably lose, and I'm guessing in double digits (of course, I thought the same thing about the GT game). We'll drop to about 6th or 7th in the top 25 and everyone will forget about us....until April.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 12:46 PM
i cant believe you bastards let this drop off the front page... damn you.

BigVE
01-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I think KU is in for its first loss of the year, if we win I will be shocked. We have not been playing well without Simien...yeah, we got a good win against GT but UK plays a different type of game, a type of game that will kill us inside and then light us up from outside. They also play killer defense, we will have to have an A+ game to pull this one off. BUT, as far as losses go this wont be that bad of one if we lose. Its a long season and we need to worry about winning the Big12 first, good seed going into the big dance and THEN play our @sses off. Rooting hard for KU but not expecting a W today.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 02:46 PM
well, i think we have a great chance of winning... although if Ashley Judd is there, it could be a huge distraction.

http://www.ukfans.net/jps/uk/Graphics/People/ashleyjudd.jpg

she is actually the only good thing to come from Kentucky... as far as i know.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 02:57 PM
It is like rooting for Satan or one of his minions.

I think I will work on renovating the attic instead.

Braincase
01-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm going to miss it. Have to go teach class. 6:00 Am here in Okinawa.

royr17
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
So who is starting Giles, Jackson, or Kaun in Simiens place ???

teedubya
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Dont Worry Bob, Ill watch it for you.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 03:26 PM
i cant believe you bastards let this drop off the front page... damn you.
Oh, so it's up to US to keep YOUR thread on the front page? You aren't responsible enough to properly administer an OFFICIAL thread. Your privileges are revoked.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Oh, so it's up to US to keep YOUR thread on the front page? You aren't responsible enough to properly administer an OFFICIAL thread. Your privileges are revoked.

You are just upset that I didnt use your gay ***OFFICIAL THREAD blah blah *** format.

you are so gay. Dont make me go mmmmmmmmmaddog on you.

Boozer
01-09-2005, 03:33 PM
The Hawks are going to need some hot hands if they want a chance to stay close.

Otherwise, Cats by 15.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Id like to see Giddens drive the lane a bit in this game... his brick 3s have been a bit discouraging the past couple of games.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Here we go...

Boozer
01-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Id like to see Giddens drive the lane a bit in this game... his brick 3s have been a bit discouraging the past couple of games.

Hell, he doesn't even have to drive. I'd settle for him moving inside the arc on his own accord. :banghead:

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Jayhawks have to come out scoring and scoring quickly.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Giddens..blah.

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Its miles to giles.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:39 PM
keep moving it in transition

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:39 PM
6-0 Hawks...nice.

royr17
01-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Yea baby, lets go ...

DaKCMan AP
good start :)

Boozer
The Hawks are going to need some hot hands if they want a chance to stay close.

Of course, Kentucky sucking would work, too.

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 03:41 PM
6-0 Hawks...nice.

Yeah. I hope they keep the lead the whole game. These close games they have been in get me to wound up. I want to have fun with this game.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Its miles to giles.

im a fan of "iles"

Fairplay
Awful passes by KU.

Saulbadguy
6-4, Wildcats stole it again but stepped on the baseline...now they are calling it a travel!

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:43 PM
And as fast as you can say Dr. James Naismith, UK leads 7-6.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Run their asses off

Fairplay
Good lord.

royr17
COme on guys, lets beat these guys, quit forcing things and play your game and DONT LEAVE PAT OPEN he'll hit them I watched him play against my high school team and he killed us.

chiefsfan987
watch where you're throwing the fvcking ball! gd turnovers.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Giddens..giddens..giddens...

DT4everaChief
Geez Giddens has missed 3 wide open 3 pointers. Come on.

Fairplay
Its going to be another one of those games.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
We gotta hit some 3's

Boozer
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
On the plus side, we seem to be doing alright on the defensive side of the court.

How much longer before that falls apart?

DT4everaChief
01-09-2005, 03:51 PM
The block by Giles was awesome.

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I am not impressed with KU's play at all.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I am not impressed with KU's play at all.
Well, they ARE winning 11-7...

Boozer
01-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Ga. Lin. Dooooooooooooooooooo.

Skip Towne
Good start. Keep it up

Fairplay
Well, they ARE winning 11-7...

True. But with the bad passes and many missed shots. We should be up more points then that.

Boozer
01-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Ga. Lin. No.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Good trap

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Heh, Kentucky has 9 points in 10 minutes.

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Heh, Kentucky has 9 points in 10 minutes.

We should be blowing them out bigtime if we could have hit a few of those 3's.

royr17
01-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Alright now lets go down and play our game boys.

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
This game sucks actually, so far.

Boozer
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I've seen better ball played in prison yards.

DT4everaChief
01-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Both Teams shooting sucks. The Hawks need to get on a roll and keep going.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2005, 04:09 PM
We should be blowing them out bigtime if we could have hit a few of those 3's.

Not really, because you can say the same thing about them. They're only shooting 17 percent. It's been sloppy play and poor shooting by both teams.

DT4everaChief
01-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Bill Self looks nervous.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Make that 13 minutes.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Giles has 8 points, UK has 9. This is ugly.

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Can you imagine how low the halftime score will be at this rate?

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Get hot and score some points

Fairplay
01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
The Illini would waste either of these teams im saddened to say.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Horribly cold shooting on both sides.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 04:18 PM
FINALLY Giddens gets a bucket. Finally drove to the basket...

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2005, 04:18 PM
did giddens just take a ball to the hoop?

royr17
01-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Well that was a ugly 1st half and we need to go on a scoring tear in the 2nd half.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 04:35 PM
We ain't much without Dub.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 04:35 PM
that was one of the ugliest halfs of hoop I have ever seen. Horrible. Man, we miss Simien.

DT4everaChief
01-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Did Langford change his shoes at Halftime.

chiefsfan987
01-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't think i've seen a game with so many possesion arrow changes

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Get hot 3 shooters. We got no inside game.

chiefsfan987
01-09-2005, 04:52 PM
and another one

Boozer
01-09-2005, 04:54 PM
This is beginning to resemble basketball.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Good play by Miles, wish Giddens coulda dunked it...

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 04:56 PM
MOODY for 3...wtf

royr17
COme on guys lets go ...

Saulbadguy
Here we go...Kaun with a chance for a 3 point play.

chiefsfan987
KAUN!!!!!!

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Kaun looking good. What happened?

Boozer
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUN!!!!!!!

royr17
01-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh yea baby, lets go, DEFENSEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Starting to cook.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:01 PM
40-33 KU

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:04 PM
GO Sasha!

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Keep it up guys

chiefsfan987
01-09-2005, 05:06 PM
another dumb pass, we got lucky that one didn't cost us...

Kaun playing well, thats good to see.

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Lets go guys, COME ON MILES KNOCK DOWN BOTH OF THEM !!!!!

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Still sloppy but the frosh are holding their own.

chiefsfan987
01-09-2005, 05:13 PM
free throw shooting is starting to rear its ugly head.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:13 PM
We'd be waay ahead if we made free throws.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I smell home cookin.

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Come on guys and quit picking up silly fouls, Damn Giles .....

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:18 PM
This is a good time for a 15-0 run.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:21 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooody!

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Moody, Moody, Moody !!!!

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:25 PM
more home cooking. Giles wasn't even moving his hands.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:27 PM
officiating again piss poor.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:28 PM
2nd highest ever attendance @Rupp arena today..pretty impressive.

52-47 KU 5:00 left.

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Come on guys, lets go, lets go KU !~!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:30 PM
WE NEED POINTS

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
OH THATS ****ING BULLSHIT

NO WAY HE COULD CALL TIME

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
OH THATS ****ING BULLSHIT

NO WAY HE COULD CALL TIME
he did

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2005, 05:32 PM
he did

while travelling with a foot out of bounds

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:32 PM
COme on guys, step it up, play defense and get the rebound ...

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:33 PM
while travelling with a foot out of bounds
I thought he did, wouldn't surprise me though if he didnt

chiefsfan987
01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
possession arrow count?

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
So much for that 8 point lead.

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Yea lets go bboys, come on guys ....

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
it better bet to kansas. seriously though, these calls have sucked. they miss an obvious hack on miles the last layup..hell if they would have missed that on the other end. Oh well...this is a damn close, exciting game.

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Alright lets go guys ...

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Langford out for the game...jeez.

chiefsfan987
01-09-2005, 05:37 PM
seriously, who has ever seen a game with this many tie ups?

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Finally the refs call one on UK.

DaKCMan AP
Langford out for the game...jeez.

is it for the game or just until they stop the bleeding?

DaKCMan AP
is it for the game or just until they stop the bleeding?

just saw him walk into the locker room

royr17
COme on Alex hit both ...

BR547
01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Phuk KU... Tarheels would beat them to death

Skip Towne
Hang in there KU

Saulbadguy
Phuk KU... Tarheels would beat them to death
Santa Clara disagrees.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:40 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODY dunk!

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Yea baby lets go ...

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Travel...after a freaking reach in. Jesus, call a foul.

Moody is limping off the court.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Ok, i'd shit a brick if KU could overcome these homecookin refs, losing Langford and Moody and without Simien.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Ice this sucker!!!!!!

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Come on guys, lets get 2 guys ...

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:43 PM
46.7 seconds left, 58-56, KU.

I'd be very surprised if KU pulls this one out.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:44 PM
I hope Langford is OK

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:44 PM
MICHAEL LEE CLUTCH!

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:45 PM
holy jesus...moss with a 3 for UK. this is INSANE.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2005, 05:45 PM
If KU makes free throws it wins.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:46 PM
If KU makes free throws it wins.

Get the ball to Lee. Thats all they gotta do. We have the most inexperienced players on the court right now. This is madness.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:46 PM
We need free throws now.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Give the ball to Lee....don't pass it to Moulaye...

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Miles..gotta make these.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Free throws will win it.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Nice, backcourt violation not called. That makes up for all the other bs calls against us.

Boozer
Man, we (relatively) suck without Simien. Good think we're still f*cking awesome.

Cheers, boys.

DaKCMan AP
for backcourt violation is it where the player is or where the ball is?

Skip Towne
WE WIN

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:51 PM
This game is iced. KU's first win at Rupp Arena ever.

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:51 PM
OH YEA BABY, YES YES YES !!!!!

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Congrats Roys..this win meant a lot to you guys. Rub it in to those snaggle-toothed inbred Kentuckians.

chiefsfan987

I'm wondering the same thing, because if its where the ball is, the ball may not have crossed half court.

Spicy McHaggis
Alright alright. 11-0 and lookin' good.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2005, 05:53 PM
impressive win

defeating 2 top 10 teams, georgia tech AND kentucky, without simien

very nice :clap: :clap: :clap:

teedubya
Sorry Ashley Judd, even though KU played like crud... your team went THUD!!!11

OldTownChief
Man what a great game. The Hawks came out to play in the 2nd half. I'm impressed as heck with the KU bench.

Lzen
01-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Wow. KU knows how to finish close games. Talk about mental toughness. But man, these nailbiters are killing me.

royr17
01-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Now Ladies and Gentleman that is what you call a GREAT BASKETBALL GAME !!!!!

Mr. Laz
Wow. KU knows how to finish close games. Talk about mental toughness. But man, these nailbiters are killing me.

ya, i know

i have to turn the channel every so often just to take a break...

me heart has to have it :p

OldTownChief
Nice, backcourt violation not called. That makes up for all the other bs calls against us.

I thought 3 of the held balls should have been UK fouls.

teedubya

no shit.

redfan
01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Impressive win by KU. Ya gotta be happy when the subs/bench play like that.
Oh man, when Simien gets back..... bwwahahaha

Pants
Giddens is the biggest pussy on the freaking court. I was so pissed at him the whole game. But overall, a nice win. Rock Chalk.

teedubya
I AM TEH BEASTMASTER!!!11oneone

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 05:57 PM
This will do the young guys worlds of good. We just might get through this Simien thing after all.

teedubya
01-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Giddens is the biggest pussy on the freaking court. I was so pissed at him the whole game. But overall, a nice win. Rock Chalk.

yeah, that dude HAS to drive teh lane, he has MAD ups, but only wants to shoot shitty 3s. I think he just wants to showcase his 3 range for NBA... this kid obviously needs a couple more years at KU.

Pants
Where's redbrian talking shiton KU for beating UK? His shit always amuses me, rofl.

Mr. Laz

well look at it this way ... he prolly won't be going to the NBA at the end of the year.

he hasn't shown he can create his own shots

Boozer
01-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I thought 3 of the held balls should have been UK fouls.

I'm confident I have never seen a game with as many jumpball calls as this one. At least three of them should've been UK fouls, and one should have been a KU foul.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Where's redbrian talking shiton KU for beating UK? His shit always amuses me, rofl.
I'm actually more interested to see KingPriest2's take on the game, seeing that KU (the #2 team in the nation) beat the #8 team by only 6 points.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Redbrian = Dipshit

Pants
01-09-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm actually more interested to see KingPriest2's take on the game, seeing that KU (the #2 team in the nation) beat the #8 team by only 6 points.

Hahahaha. Yeah, those two are priceless.

HC_Chief
01-09-2005, 06:06 PM
<h1>RCJG<font color="RED">K</font><font color="blue">U</font></h1>
:KU:

ROYC75
01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Needless to say, all is well here in KY right now, the state is unhappy and the Caswell household is jumping with joy ( except the wife and relatives :D)

We had gone to the local Super Walmart today and I had my KU shirt on and seen several people I knew. I got some of the strangest looks and comments..... I just smiled and said may the best team win ( Not expecting a win today).

Life is good at the moment.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 06:10 PM
[Taco John Voice]I really didn't expect us to win this game[/Taco John Voice]

BUT WE DID!!!

It was a privliage to beat UK today. :p

DJay23
01-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Please forgive me Jayhawks. I was a doubter. I thought, without your best player, your All-American beast in the post, only guy who's really a threat underneath, that you would lose. You would lose in your first road game against a highly ranked team, in an emotional game. Versus a team that historically has owned you. I'm sorry, I believe now. I don't know how you do it, but you just win. Your leading scorer? A walk on who after college will not be making millions in the NBA, but will be a doctor. I wasn't worried that losing this game would break the whole season. I knew it would teach our youngsters some stuff, but nothing teaches better than a win. Again, KU, I'm sorry I doubted you. I won't do it again.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Needless to say, all is well here in KY right now, the state is unhappy and the Caswell household is jumping with joy ( except the wife and relatives :D)

We had gone to the local Super Walmart today and I had my KU shirt on and seen several people I knew. I got some of the strangest looks and comments..... I just smiled and said may the best team win ( Not expecting a win today).

Life is good at the moment.

:thumb: A win is so much sweeter when watching it with relatives for the other team.

Boozer
01-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Please forgive me Jayhawks. I was a doubter. I thought, without your best player, your All-American beast in the post, only guy who's really a threat underneath, that you would lose. You would lose in your first road game against a highly ranked team, in an emotional game. Versus a team that historically has owned you. I'm sorry, I believe now. I don't know how you do it, but you just win. Your leading scorer? A walk on who after college will not be making millions in the NBA, but will be a doctor. I wasn't worried that losing this game would break the whole season. I knew it would teach our youngsters some stuff, but nothing teaches better than a win. Again, KU, I'm sorry I doubted you. I won't do it again.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!

I would like to echo these sentiments.

HC_Chief
01-09-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't know how you do it, but you just win.

One word: DEFENSE.

I was getting REALLY fed up with Billy fudgePacker and Vern "uhh, where am I?" Lunquist's stupidity in the first half. They whined incessantly about how poor the offense was... not a single mention of the absolutely dominating defense BOTH teams exhibited. :grr:

That was one tough-fought game. :KU:

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 06:15 PM

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!
You really are sorry. You are banned from Jayhawk fandom.

Boozer
01-09-2005, 06:18 PM
One word: DEFENSE.

I was getting REALLY fed up with Billy fudgePacker and Vern "uhh, where am I?" Lunquist's stupidity in the first half. They whined incessantly about how poor the offense was... not a single mention of the absolutely dominating defense BOTH teams exhibited. :grr:

That was one tough-fought game. :KU:

Exactly. I also had a problem with their bitching about neither team finding the rhythm and setting up their offense. Did it ever dawn on them that a Simien-less Kansas team didn't want to have a plodding half-court offense?

Mr. Laz
01-09-2005, 06:20 PM
this team has really taken on the image of Self

they get down,dirty and fight ... win ugly if need be

illinois was the same way under self

DJay23
01-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm confident I have never seen a game with as many jumpball calls as this one. At least three of them should've been UK fouls, and one should have been a KU foul.
No kidding. I've never seen a game above a middle school girls basketball game with so many tie ups.

But that's ok. If the refs are going to let them play, then be consistent. The second half seemed to have A LOT more foul calls, and a few of them were rather ticky tack.

I thought the crazy pace had more to do with 20 some odd NBA scouts in the crowd and guys wanting to show them they can play in the league (since that's all the NBA is is 1 on 1).

It's a great feeling right now though. This game and the Georgia Tech game are both gravy. I figured without Simien, we'd have very little chance.

DJay23
01-09-2005, 06:40 PM
this team has really taken on the image of Self

they get down,dirty and fight ... win ugly if need be

illinois was the same way under self
I HATED those Self Illinois teams. They were dirty. That son of a bitch Johnson (Big, white, balding, would rather bite you than play actual basketball) was there for the sole purpose of getting in a few good kidney shots. He had no actual basketball skills. And yet somehow sometimes he'd put one in the hoop and jump around like he was Michael Jordan incarnate. He always had that look on his face like he did something wrong, but you didn't know it was him. Him and Archibald. I hated those guys. They were some good teams though. Beat KU in the Sweet 16 then we beat them the next year (barely).

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
:thumb: A win is so much sweeter when watching it with relatives for the other team.
Was anyone hoping for a pan of the audience with Ashley Judd in tears after the game?

ChiefsFire
01-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Was anyone hoping for a pan of the audience with Ashley Judd in tears after the game?

oh hell yeah.......

maybe BigDub would have gone over and "consoled" her.... %(/

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I think it's where the player is, taking into account where he was when his feet last touched ground.

DJay23
01-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Ashley Judd can suck my meat. No really, she can. That would be awesome.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
I HATED those Self Illinois teams. They were dirty. That son of a bitch Johnson (Big, white, balding, would rather bite you than play actual basketball) was there for the sole purpose of getting in a few good kidney shots. He had no actual basketball skills. And yet somehow sometimes he'd put one in the hoop and jump around like he was Michael Jordan incarnate. He always had that look on his face like he did something wrong, but you didn't know it was him. Him and Archibald. I hated those guys. They were some good teams though. Beat KU in the Sweet 16 then we beat them the next year (barely).
Self will get us some thugs. Then you'll like them. I can't wait to use them to club Mizzou physically.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Yea...where the hell was that? They have no problem showing her bouncing up and down a million times during the game......where was the money shot???!!! We needed closure!!!!

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Ashley Judd can suck my meat. No really, she can. That would be awesome.
Actually chuckled at a line on Will and Grace this week.

Jack asked Will if she wanted to see 'Spanglish' which was Spanish for English. [not so funny]

Then he asked Grace is she wanted to see 'Spanglish' starring Paz Vega, which was Spanish for Ashley Judd.

OK. . . teh ghey. :lame:

ChiefsFire
01-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Actually chuckled at a line on Will and Grace this week.

Jack asked Will if she wanted to see 'Spanglish' which was Spanish for English. [not so funny]

Then he asked Grace is she wanted to see 'Spanglish' starring Paz Vega, which was Spanish for Ashley Judd.

OK. . . teh ghey. :lame:

i was hopin her hot sister Sara Lee..er Wynonnanana was there

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 09:16 PM
don't f%^& with KU

Lzen
01-09-2005, 09:27 PM
well look at it this way ... he prolly won't be going to the NBA at the end of the year.

he hasn't shown he can create his own shots

Yep, I've been thinking that all year when they mention the possibility of him going to the NBA.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Yea...where the hell was that? They have no problem showing her bouncing up and down a million times during the game......where was the money shot???!!! We needed closure!!!!
I liked how the cameras attempted to show the crowd after Kentucky made a basket. They lasted less than 2 seconds though as they had to go back to the court to watch KU breaking the press and streak to the basket. That happened several times.

Lzen
01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey Skippy, did you check out the Jayhawk song? I know, it may be a little to modern and urban for an ole fart like yourself. But you should give it a listen anyway. ;) :p

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM
I liked how the cameras attempted to show the crowd after Kentucky made a basket. They lasted less than 2 seconds though as they had to go back to the court to watch KU breaking the press and streak to the basket. That happened several times.

You snooze, you lose....Tubby knows now.

Mr. Christopher
01-09-2005, 10:07 PM
The two KU games that I saw, the team that I see is a scrappy one with a lot of heart and toughness. I think it bodes well for us in the long run that Simien isn't able to be out there to help because it's creating some solid, dependable depth that will help come March.

I was surprised when they came back and beat Georgia Tech, and I'm even more surprised that they beat Kentucky in their home court. Nevertheless, I am very proud of this team, and I'm excited to watch them as often as I can the rest of this season.

Football season sucked...at least basketball season doesn't have to :thumb:

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 10:12 PM
You snooze, you lose....Tubby knows now.
Are you back already? I thought rehab took 28 days.

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Are you back already? I thought rehab took 28 days.

Not for encephalitis; sorry to disappoint you.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Not for encephalitis; sorry to disappoint you.
Is the hospital aware of your absence?

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Is the hospital aware of your absence?

LOL....nice.

Love you too, Skip. :p

morphius
01-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Jack Harry is still calling KU over-rated and was saying that they just got lucky.

Of course then he was talking about Randy Moss's moon and wondered why he couldn't have more class like DWANE Culpepper...