PDA

View Full Version : What's worse: not making the playoffs or having your A$$ handed to you on National TV

BigVE
01-09-2005, 02:04 PM
I would rather just stay home instead of BARELY making the playoffs and then getting absolutely KILLED and humiliated on NATIONAL TV and then having to go home with a chewed up @SS, being an absolute sham/embarassment to the AFC, only to be the laughing stock of the entire sports talk world for the next week! (sigh) couldnt have happened to a more deserving team.

Bowser
01-09-2005, 02:05 PM
TJ says you're full of shit.

I, however, do not.

Pants
TJ says you're full of shit.

I, however, do not.

What he said.

Mile High Mania
You want your team to advance whenever they can ... anything can happen in the playoffs. It's not happening well now for Denver, but at least they had a shot.

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 02:07 PM
You want your team to advance whenever they can ... anything can happen in the playoffs. It's not happening well now for Denver, but at least they had a shot.
The fugging Rams yesterday is why you just want a ticket to the dance.

Pants
01-09-2005, 02:08 PM
No, the questions is, if you knew this would happen, would you still want to see your team in this situation? I mean everybody on the chiefs planet knew this was coming.

BigVE
01-09-2005, 02:09 PM

True. Im talking AFTER the fact its more embarassing to NOT show up for the game than to not make the playoffs. As for them having a shot...thats debatable, more of a shot than we did though.

BigVE
01-09-2005, 02:11 PM
The fugging Rams yesterday is why you just want a ticket to the dance.

The Rams were clearly the better of those two teams going into that game....Seattle was playing very bad. I guess we could hope to barely make the playoffs and then hope to get lucky and be matched up with an underachieving over-hyped opponent? That only happens in the NFC.

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 02:16 PM
The Rams were clearly the better of those two teams going into that game....Seattle was playing very bad. I guess we could hope to barely make the playoffs and then hope to get lucky and be matched up with an underachieving over-hyped opponent? That only happens in the NFC.
Yeah, but that shirtbird of a team, that was a quarter whisker away from having the same record as us, will now forever be known as the team that made it to the second round of the playoffs, as opposed to how our season will be remembered.

And who knows, maybe we would have gotten a gimme and faced Marty. . . Ohh, that's right, we'd be the Seahawks [only on the road to boot] in that scenario. :thumb:

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 02:19 PM
If you knew without a doubt that you would lose...i.e knew the future...then I would rather not go...but since that's impossible....I'd always like to get into the second season

morphius
01-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I'd only want to go if we could make a game of it.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 02:24 PM

Oh, not me... I would only want to go if my team could get drilled.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 02:35 PM

I have seen enough one and dones in my life time. I hope like hell we never go again unless we win some post season games.

Now that Marty has lost again in the playoffs maybe that monkey will be off our backs.

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Gimme the playoffs any day...

Thig Lyfe
01-09-2005, 02:42 PM
No, the questions is, if you knew this would happen, would you still want to see your team in this situation? I mean everybody on the chiefs planet knew this was coming.

Everybody with an IQ over 12 knew it.

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess we could hope to barely make the playoffs and then hope to get lucky and be matched up with an underachieving over-hyped opponent? That only happens in the NFC.
So, would you have taken a shot at the playoffs if we would've gotten Marty in the first round and the Stillers in the 2nd?

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Everybody with an IQ over 12 knew it.

It seems to have caught the Broncos fans by surprise. Oh, wait. That's consistent.

Thig Lyfe
01-09-2005, 02:50 PM
It seems to have caught the Broncos fans by surprise. Oh, wait. That's consistent.

:thumb: ROFL

morphius
01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Oh, not me... I would only want to go if my team could get drilled.
It was pretty obvious that Denver was not one of the elite teams, especially the second half of the season when the offense just went flat. Heck, even Taco thought they were going to lose this week. So, all I'm saying is that if my team doesn't belong to be there, then I really don't want them to be there.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I think having your butts beat on tv in front of millions like the donks just did is worse then losing in the playoffs. You always have next year,,but no one will forget this whooping. ROFL

Red Dawg
01-09-2005, 03:31 PM
We've lost in the playoffs so many times that I'd rather not be in and lose like Donkeys did today.

Rausch
01-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Better to have clenched and lost than to have clenched your azz all year for nothing...

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Easy. Not making the playoffs.

Heartbreaking playoff losses suck, but I'll take a hundred of them over a 7-9 season. 1 shitty day < 16 shitty weeks.

Seriously, that's just a f*cked line of thinking... hell, why even play regular season games? Just forfeit them all .... "We migh lose... oh no!"

Interesting way to put it.... deal with a team that won 10 games, either easy or the hard way and then get your heart broken in round 1. Or, deal with 8 or more heart breaks in the regular season and then not advance.

I'm guessing that right now, I feel the way many of you did watching KC try to reach .500. Some will say I'm deflecting, but I'm just agreeing with how ENDelt put it out there.

Either way ... our team's seasons ended in heartbreak.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Better to have clenched and lost than to have clenched your azz all year for nothing...

Wasn't that a Poison song? :)

BR547
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I hate the Donckos but you have to be in the playoffs to win the Superbowl.

This must be a shock for a team that has so few chances at the playoffs.

DanT
01-09-2005, 05:55 PM
I'd much rather make the playoffs and get humiliated than endure the humiliation of being a preseason playoff favorite that didn't even get there, let alone to .500.

Inspector
01-09-2005, 06:27 PM
If you knew without a doubt that you would lose...i.e knew the future...then I would rather not go...but since that's impossible....I'd always like to get into the second season

Dittos.

memyselfI
01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
I think it boils down to this...

good teams CAN and DO choke in the playoffs and bad teams never get there.

That being said, I'd rather be a good team that chokes than a bad team that never makes it.

bricks
01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Seriously. If you ask me, I'd rather get slaughtered in the playoffs, than lose a heartbreaker. Nothing worse than losing a heartbreaker. I would rather see my team make the playoffs regardless. Don't care. An extra game is always a good thing, that's the way I look at it.

memyselfI
01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Seriously. If you ask me, I'd rather get slaughtered in the playoffs, than lose a heartbreaker. Nothing worse than losing a heartbreaker. I would rather see my team make the playoffs regardless. Don't care. An extra game is always a good thing, that's the way I look at it.

Ditto.

Would rather know I'm going down by the end of the third quarter than lose in OT or last few seconds of the game.

Archie F. Swin
01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I'd rather go to the playoffs...especailly since Marty isn't our coach anymore....heck we'd at least score 21 points

Fat Elvis
01-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I can tell you one thing worse than either scenario: Going to the playoffs, not making the other team punt once, have the commisioner of football make jokes at your teams expense, and then go into the next season with the same defensive personel.

Thank you Carl Peterson and Dick Vermeil.

Frazod
01-09-2005, 10:13 PM
I see it this way.

Winning your division is a worthwhile accomplishment UNLESS a wildcard team from your division either beats you in the playoffs or advances farther than you do. This is why our '97 division championship means absolutely nothing, and why our '03 season (while disappointing) was at least worth something. At least I got a t-shirt out of the deal that I wasn't ashamed to wear.

Making the playoffs as a wildcard team means nothing unless you win at least one game. I doubt if any Donx fans are rushing out to buy 2004 Wildcard t-shirts.

So based on that, I'd rather see the Chiefs not make the playoffs and draft higher than eek in as a wildcard and get creamed. That means nothing.

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Unless you win at least one game, take the draft pick.