PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Mania - Got a Question For You...

TEX
01-09-2005, 11:06 PM
We went at it pretty much during the offseason about the Portis - Bailey trade. Wondering who you think got the better end of the deal now? IMO, the early returns favor Washington as Bailey didn't exactly do what he was brought to Denver to do, especially in the playoffs against the Colts. Also, IMO, your defense is NOT better with him, but there are many factors that went into that so that argument is a push.

However, IF Tatum Bell ever amounts to anything, you might indeed get the last laugh. Right now though, I have to laugh at Bailey as he really was tourched a lot over the 2nd half of the season and especially since he got put on his A$$ today by a Colt's "soft" WR. Classic! ROFL

Valiant
01-09-2005, 11:21 PM
We went at it pretty much during the offseason about the Portis - Bailey trade. Wondering who you think got the better end of the deal now? IMO, the early returns favor Washington as Bailey didn't exactly do what he was brought to Denver to do, especially in the playoffs against the Colts. Also, IMO, your defense is NOT better with him, but there are many factors that went into that so that argument is a push.

However, IF Tatum Bell ever amounts to anything, you might indeed get the last laugh. Right now though, I have to laugh at Bailey as he really was tourched a lot over the 2nd half of the season and especially since he got put on his A$$ today by a Colt's "soft" WR. Classic! ROFL

It was a great trade for Washington, and imagine if they get a average line for him to run behind.. he could get 2000 easy.. thats a big if though...

bailey was above average at best, sure he got to the probowl.. but he is not the shut down corner as advertised.. tatum as long as he can stay healthy will be a good back..

it is kinda a push for both teams.. if anything washington got a better deal but only by 51/52-------------49/48%...

-----------------

if you go by taco's standards when they got him, it was a miserable failure.. taco said they would have the top defense in the nfl up from their 3rd ranking a year ago.. and they could shut down indy and other teams that have top tier WR's.. in that since bailey was a failure because he got abused a good 4-8 times this year depending on who you talk too...

remember taco told us he would make everybody else better...

TEX
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
It was a great trade for Washington, and imagine if they get a average line for him to run behind.. he could get 2000 easy.. thats a big if though...

bailey was above average at best, sure he got to the probowl.. but he is not the shut down corner as advertised.. tatum as long as he can stay healthy will be a good back..

it is kinda a push for both teams.. if anything washington got a better deal but only by 51/52-------------49/48%...

-----------------

if you go by taco's standards when they got him, it was a miserable failure.. taco said they would have the top defense in the nfl up from their 3rd ranking a year ago.. and they could shut down indy and other teams that have top tier WR's.. in that since bailey was a failure because he got abused a good 4-8 times this year depending on who you talk too...

LOL! ROFL Yep I remember all that TAco BS! That's why I addressed this question to MHM as he makes sense sometimes.

I feel as you do regarding the trade in that based on the early returns, Washington got the better end of the deal. I told MHM that I'd wait until the season ended for my final opinion on the subject this year and it hasn't changed since day one of the trade.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 11:29 PM

ROFL Did he say "Bank on it"?

go bo
01-09-2005, 11:36 PM
ROFL Did he say "Bank on it"?that's ok, the bank has lost its burst... :p :p :p

TEX
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
that's ok, the bank has lost its burst... :p :p :p

:clap: ROFL Course Taco will say that he was right cause Priest did lose his burst this season after he was injured...

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:39 AM
TEX... at the end of the season where was Denver and where was Washington? Portis is a game breaking back, but you'll notice that Droughns and Portis finished side by side in the RB standings essentially.

Also, look where Denver as a team ranked rushing this season. Yes, Portis is a game breaker, but Denver still had one of the top rushing games.

Bailey got burned a couple of times and aside from "the block", he took Harrison out of the game. It's just too bad for Denver that Indy has 27 other offensive weapons.

Denver's defense had one issue - the pass rush. They had some guys step up, but the pass rush took a hit with Pryce. Late in the season, the secondary lost a few players, hence the reason why a rookie was getting burned all day yesterday.

Denver received Bailey and Bell for Portis. Denver still had a top running game and Bailey did improve the defense, despite what yesterday looked like.

donkhater
01-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Right now I'd say Denver came out pretty well. I wasn't convinced that they could plug any back in there and still be as explosive as they were with Portis. They are OK with Droughns but Bell sure seems like the real deal to me. Time will tell, though.

Bailey improved their secondary. Walls going down was a big loss for them. without him, it didn't matter that Bailey was on the field, they would just throw away from him (see latest Bronco game).

Pryce's injury hurt as well. Any Chief fan should know that a secondary won't do squat without a pass rush. While pryce wasn't necessarily a dominat rusher, he certainly commanded double-teaming at times.

I'd say Denver came out ahead. Nest year it will be more glaring I think.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 07:03 AM
donkhater... you're the first KC fan to type something so well written. :thumb:

Seriously though, neither team reached their desired results. Portis played on a team with no o-line, an old QB and issues at TE and receiver - for a coach trying to find his way again.

Denver... I dunno, everyone likes to point at Plummer, but it's still the defense to me that is most worrisome. They have some nice players. They always seem to have nice players, but I like this group better than most they've thrown out there since 1999. Yet, I see guys like O'Neal and James go other places and finally produce. It really boggles my mind that O'Neal did well in Cincy.

Denver's defense hasn't produced turnovers since the GRob error... that perplexes me. I think they've patchworked the D-line the last few years, focusing heavily this year on LB and secondary. They need some young, big forces on the D-Line.

I'm fine with the offense... aside from TE.

Bring back Jake. Sign a FA TE like Randy McMichael... keep the cheating oline in tact and focus on the Dline. And, draft any playmaker from Miami or USC.

Saulbadguy
01-10-2005, 07:07 AM
I thought Denver got the better of the deal. Although, I think they overpaid for Champ.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 07:09 AM
I thought Denver got the better of the deal. Although, I think they overpaid for Champ.

Lots of teams overpay for players ... but, I would like for Bailey to donate half of his 2004 salary to the Tsunami relief effort. Getting beat up once or twice is acceptable, hell Deion had that happen to him. But, as much as I dislike Deion... I don't recall a year where I could point to 3-4 receivers that made him look silly.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Yet, I see guys like O'Neal and James go other places and finally produce. It really boggles my mind that O'Neal did well in Cincy.

Denver's defense hasn't produced turnovers since the GRob error... that perplexes me. I think they've patchworked the D-line the last few years, focusing heavily this year on LB and secondary. They need some young, big forces on the D-Line.

I think David Gibbs had a bunch to do with it...turnover went up some after he left...including int's.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Denver needs to focus on the pass rush and TE, in my opinion. Jake had a fine season and knows the offense well. It appears the players like him and I think there's a lot to be said about that.

Last year, Sharpe was his main target. Lelie was slowly getting his grips on the offense with his new QB.

This year, Rod and Lelie had fine seasons. Luke and Watts show great potential as other weapons... Putzier has looked good at times, but he's not consistent enough, nor the game breaking TE that I'd like to see in this offense.

Take it as excuses if you like, but those are the two areas of concern to me.

morphius
01-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Denver needs to focus on the pass rush and TE, in my opinion. Jake had a fine season and knows the offense well. It appears the players like him and I think there's a lot to be said about that.

Last year, Sharpe was his main target. Lelie was slowly getting his grips on the offense with his new QB.

This year, Rod and Lelie had fine seasons. Luke and Watts show great potential as other weapons... Putzier has looked good at times, but he's not consistent enough, nor the game breaking TE that I'd like to see in this offense.

I don't know if the players like him or not, the way that Sharpe has been dogging on him most of the season believes me to think otherwise. It could be the same like that the players had for Grbac, they tell you that they do, but really, they don't.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I don't know if the players like him or not, the way that Sharpe has been dogging on him most of the season believes me to think otherwise. It could be the same like that the players had for Grbac, they tell you that they do, but really, they don't.

There's no hiding Sharpe's feelings, and as for the team, I can only go by what I've read. Bottom line is, Jake is not the sole reason the team underachieved.

Hoover
01-10-2005, 09:07 AM

I agree on Denver needing a TE. I was suprised that Plummer put up nthe numbers he did withour Sharpe at TE. They would be even better on O with a solid pass catching TE. Also I think Bell will be one hell of a back.

On Defense they need a DLine. And they have to get it via the draft IMO, to expensive to buy in FA, but hey its Denver they don't have a cap..... lol

The one thing that could go wrong in Denver is the Rat. He has been there 10 years and I think his time has come, both he and the team need a change. I also think Rat would love to go rebuild a team like San Fran.

blsilks
01-10-2005, 09:10 AM
I will tell you about Mile High Mania/Magic. Its gone. You guys destroyed the magic when you destroyed the stadium.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 09:13 AM
I agree on Denver needing a TE. I was suprised that Plummer put up nthe numbers he did withour Sharpe at TE. They would be even better on O with a solid pass catching TE. Also I think Bell will be one hell of a back.

On Defense they need a DLine. And they have to get it via the draft IMO, to expensive to buy in FA, but hey its Denver they don't have a cap..... lol

The one thing that could go wrong in Denver is the Rat. He has been there 10 years and I think his time has come, both he and the team need a change. I also think Rat would love to go rebuild a team like San Fran.

I've mentally prepared myself for Shanahan to leave, if not this year - next. He joined in 1995 and has had a good long run. If he left this year, he would have left the team better than he found it... taking over a 7-9 team - going to the playoffs 6 times and winning 2 Super Bowls in 10 years.

I understand the notion of him going to San Fran, but I've read their cap is a mess the next year or two and I can't see York being an owner to do the things required to win. But, who knows?

Mile High Mania
I will tell you about Mile High Mania/Magic. Its gone. You guys destroyed the magic when you destroyed the stadium.

Thanks for the insight. What destroyed the Arrowhead mystique?

Garcia Bronco

The 9ers aren't run by Steve D anymore...York is cheap...and he won't spend on players

TEX
01-10-2005, 10:09 AM

No defense, but you really shouldn't ask that after 45-17. You know it still remains one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. :thumb:

morphius
01-10-2005, 10:11 AM
No defense, but you really shouldn't ask that after 45-17. You know it still remains one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. :thumb:
I don't know, they put a pretty good whipping on us in the season opener at their house.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:17 AM

Sure, it's hard for most AFCW teams to win on the road within the division.

But, are you denying that the mystique of Arrowhead isn't what it once was? I was there for the Denver game, I understand how crazy the fans were... but, is it having it's affect on the other team?

What was the home record again and how many .500 teams (or below) won there this season?

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:22 AM

But, are you denying that the mystique of Arrowhead isn't what it once was? I was there for the Denver game, I understand how crazy the fans were... but, is it having it's affect on the other team?

What was the home record again and how many .500 teams (or below) won there this season?

I went ahead and looked... KC was 4-4 at home. Losing to CAR, HOU, SD and NE. So, KC lost two home games to bad teams. (Bucs loss was at TB, Saints at NO) Denver did have their issues at home (6-2) and yes... the new stadium appears to have sucked the old magic from Mile High, but it's not like Arrowhead lived up to it's billing.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 10:24 AM

It's still alive,,we just don't show it to donkey lovers.ROFL

TEX
01-10-2005, 10:25 AM

I said no defense hurt the mystique and I said it's still one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. Now what didn't you understand?

This year it was bad. Last year it was good. I'm betting that if you took the overall CHIEFS winning % at ARROWHEAD and compared it around the league, it would still be one of the hardest places for opponents to win.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:30 AM
I said no defense hurt the mystique and I said it's still one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. Now what didn't you underfstand?

This year it was bad. Last year it was good. I'm betting that if you took the overall CHIEFS winning % at ARROWHEAD and compared it around the league, it would still be one of the hardest places for opponents to win.

Ok, so only scoring 17 to CAR and 21 to HOU at home was all on the defense? KC puts up 56 on ATL and 45 on Indy at home, but only 38 combined against the bad Panthers and Texans' defenses. It wasn't all just defense and you had Holmes healthy, so that's not an excuse.

KC only scored 20 @ the Saints, another defense they should have shredded and the KC defense only allowed 27.

TEX
01-10-2005, 10:30 AM
I went ahead and looked... KC was 4-4 at home. Losing to CAR, HOU, SD and NE. So, KC lost two home games to bad teams. (Bucs loss was at TB, Saints at NO) Denver did have their issues at home (6-2) and yes... the new stadium appears to have sucked the old magic from Mile High, but it's not like Arrowhead lived up to it's billing.

Now what about last year? And what's the overall Bronco winning % at Invesco? Mile High?

TEX
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Ok, so only scoring 17 to CAR and 21 to HOU at home was all on the defense? KC puts up 56 on ATL and 45 on Indy at home, but only 38 combined against the bad Panthers and Texans' defenses. It wasn't all just defense and you had Holmes healthy, so that's not an excuse.

KC only scored 20 @ the Saints, another defense they should have shredded and the KC defense only allowed 27.

Um you know the offense wasn't clicking. I don't make excuses when my team sucks - I leave that for your kind. The Defense let the team down for most of the year maybe not for those two losses but they sure played their part. Now Let's talk about our losses to New England and San Diego...

chiefs4me
Look how many boring azz donkey threads are on this chiefs board. Am I on the Planet or outerspace? And aren't you donkey fans lucky that we let you spill your crap on this board. Unlike the mane,,you even mention something neg about the donkey's and they cry to the mods and you are banned.

royr17
Just part of the offseason, IT GETS VERY BORING !!!!!

TEX
01-10-2005, 10:39 AM

Kc Defense only allowed 27 points... ROFL But how does that effect the Arrowhead mystique when this game was on the road? :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Now what about last year? And what's the overall Bronco winning % at Invesco? Mile High?

Overall, KC and DEN are among the league's best at home... I don't know where to find those numbers.

KC was 6-2 (swept by DEN)
DEN was 5-3

KC was 8-0
DEN was 6-2

KC was 4-4
DEN was 6-2

That's as far as I could view from NFL.com - just the last 3.

So, in the last 3 years, DEN is the only one of the two to win in the other team's house. Overall the last 3 seasons, KC is 18-6 at home and DEN is 17-7 at home.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Um you know the offense wasn't clicking. I don't make excuses when my team sucks - I leave that for your kind. The Defense let the team down for most of the year maybe not for those two losses but they sure played their part. Now Let's talk about our losses to New England and San Diego...

I haven't made excuses ... just pointed to facts. Talk away about the other losses... SD swept KC. DEN split with SD.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Don't you have your own board to spout this crap on?

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Kc Defense only allowed 27 points... ROFL But how does that effect the Arrowhead mystique when this game was on the road? :hmmm:

True ... I got ahead of myself with the blaming of the defense, it was a road game, but still doesn't excuse the offense. But, I jumped ahead of myself.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Don't you have your own board to spout this crap on?

I do, but I didn't start the thread. Contribute or ignore.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Just part of the offseason, IT GETS VERY BORING !!!!!

I don't know... this part of the offseason is kinda fun. Punking each other's teams and what they should or should not do in the offseason.

Wait until FA starts, then the draft. Shit really hits the fan then.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 10:47 AM
I do, but I didn't start the thread. Contribute or ignore.

omg,,you live in texas,,what city,town, tell me it is nowhere near Dallas.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:48 AM
omg,,you live in texas,,what city,town, tell me it is nowhere near Dallas.

Umm, why would I share that?

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 10:56 AM
So I know you don't live anywhere near me,,and don't flatter yorself,,what you think I am gonna do? Hop in the truck and come over. I have better things to do then stalk a donkey fan. :rolleyes: Just curious as to where you lived in Texas,,but if it is a secret oh well.:harumph:

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:59 AM
So I know you don't live anywhere near me,,and don't flatter yorself,,what you think I am gonna do? Hop in the truck and come over. I have better things to do then stalk a donkey fan. :rolleyes: Just curious as to where you lived in Texas,,but if it is a secret oh well.:harumph:

No fears... I reside just north of the Dallas area.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 11:02 AM
You said no fears dammit it..sounds like you are pretty close to me. Would you by chance live close to Rockwall?

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:04 AM
You said no fears dammit it..sounds like you are pretty close to me. Would you by chance live close to Rockwall?

Not even close.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Not even close.

Well okay then,,I guess I can share the great state of texas with you. Can I ask how you became a bronco fan? And do you follow the dallas stars?

jspchief
01-10-2005, 11:23 AM
No fears... I reside just north of the Dallas area.My parents live in Frisco. Seems like a nice area.

Coach
01-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I would think the trade was pretty much a push. Washington didn't really had a chance to use him properly, since they don't have much of a O-Line since Jan Jansen went down w/ the injury.

As for Denver, they did quite well w/o Portis for a year, but the RBBC won't work very well. They'll be needing Bell to step it up for the '05 season. But Champ didn't really do much to help the Broncos get past the first round, which most people thought that would be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:27 AM
My parents live in Frisco. Seems like a nice area.

Yeah, that area and everything north of Plano has been booming. It's all going north and spreading out slowly east and west.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:29 AM
I would think the trade was pretty much a push. Washington didn't really had a chance to use him properly, since they don't have much of a O-Line since Jan Jansen went down w/ the injury.

As for Denver, they did quite well w/o Portis for a year, but the RBBC won't work very well. They'll be needing Bell to step it up for the '05 season. But Champ didn't really do much to help the Broncos get past the first round, which most people thought that would be the missing piece of the puzzle.

True - but with Champ, they thought that Pryce and the Dline would be healthy and better.

Coach
01-10-2005, 11:34 AM
True - but with Champ, they thought that Pryce and the Dline would be healthy and better.

Yes, until the injuries took it's toll. However, for some reason, NE seems to be doing OK knowing that some of their players are already injured, which in fact, their whole secondary is all banged up.

But at the end, many people, including I, thought Washington would be decent than the year before. They are, defensively, just their offense was killing them. And I would had figured that Denver would be challenging the AFC West along with Kansas City at the beginning of the season, but the Chiefs just blew their wad short of their "destinated" target. Denver was in the running until the loss in SD really hurted them. I'd like to kinda consider a few of Denver's last games during the season as somewhat identical to the Chiefs 2003 last games of the season.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Yes, until the injuries took it's toll. However, for some reason, NE seems to be doing OK knowing that some of their players are already injured, which in fact, their whole secondary is all banged up.

But at the end, many people, including I, thought Washington would be decent than the year before. They are, defensively, just their offense was killing them. And I would had figured that Denver would be challenging the AFC West along with Kansas City at the beginning of the season, but the Chiefs just blew their wad short of their "destinated" target. Denver was in the running until the loss in SD really hurted them. I'd like to kinda consider a few of Denver's last games during the season as somewhat identical to the Chiefs 2003 last games of the season.

NE has done a great job with depth and in the draft. Denver's depth was fair to spare at best, defensively.

Coach
01-10-2005, 11:39 AM
NE has done a great job with depth and in the draft. Denver's depth was fair to spare at best, defensively.

And it came to bite them in the you-know-what. I would guess that not only Denver needs to get some pass-rush consistency for their adgenda for the 05 off-season, but also some depth as well.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:42 AM
And it came to bite them in the you-know-what. I would guess that not only Denver needs to get some pass-rush consistency for their adgenda for the 05 off-season, but also some depth as well.

Yep, better depth ... although late in the season, they lost both Walls and Middlebrooks, so they weren't sitting there with the rookie Roc as the 2nd option.

Shit just happens at the wrong times now and then.

Depth should always be a concern... but on the Dline, I like a lot of those guys "as depth". They should look at DE and DT via FA if the money is right.

I like Putzier as the #2 and/or primary blocking TE, and I'd love to see a guy like McMichael signed in FA.

Coach
01-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Yep, better depth ... although late in the season, they lost both Walls and Middlebrooks, so they weren't sitting there with the rookie Roc as the 2nd option.

Shit just happens at the wrong times now and then.

Depth should always be a concern... but on the Dline, I like a lot of those guys "as depth". They should look at DE and DT via FA if the money is right.

I like Putzier as the #2 and/or primary blocking TE, and I'd love to see a guy like McMichael signed in FA.

Understandable. Borrowing a quote from Skip Bayless. Not to beat on a dead horse, but Jake the Snake turned back into Jake the Flake right on cue. Also, your OC playcalling was somewhat questionable since he didn't stick with his running game, as he should have. And yes, I felt that Denver should have risked going for a fourth and one at his 41 after Denver fell behind 7-0 if I was the HC.

So now it was 14-0 and all Peyton was about to break loose. On third and six from Denver's 35, Jake Plummer threw a pass no more than 10 yards over his receiver's head. The Colts' Mike Doss intercepted it. The rout was on.

In other words, I don't think it's all about the mental phase of the team, it's also the playcalling and decision-making process by the coaching staff.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Coach, all very true. But, down 7 ... I still say punt. I was also against the 2 onside kicks. You just don't give Indy half the field under any situation.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 11:53 AM
"I felt that Denver should have risked going for a fourth and one at his 41 after Denver fell behind 7-0 if I was the HC."

Hell no....you punt that ball six days a week and twice on Sunday. That kind of despairation would be terrible at that point in the game.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 11:55 AM
"So now it was 14-0 and all Peyton was about to break loose. On third and six from Denver's 35, Jake Plummer threw a pass no more than 10 yards over his receiver's head. The Colts' Mike Doss intercepted it. The rout was on."

We took the ball away on the next series in the endzone.

Coach
01-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Coach, all very true. But, down 7 ... I still say punt. I was also against the 2 onside kicks. You just don't give Indy half the field under any situation.

The on-side kicks were terrible. I wouldn't call those. But you gotta remember, it's the Colts you're playing. You're going to get involved in a shoot-out, regardless of what.

I guess the old coach I used to play for awhile back once said something like:

"When you're on offense, you gotta score. When you're on defense, you gotta score. When you're on special teams, you gotta score. And when in doubt, you just gotta score."

Even if you punted it, the Colts were going to score again, regardless of what you do.

cash1000
01-10-2005, 12:13 PM
The Broncos suck because Shanahan is a neurotic.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah, that area and everything north of Plano has been booming. It's all going north and spreading out slowly east and west.

Well thanks for NOT answering my questions,,and if you know plano then you are to dam close.:(

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Well thanks for NOT answering my questions,,and if you know plano then you are to dam close.:(

No problem... I missed it.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
whatever,,

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 12:33 PM
The Broncos suck because Shanahan is a neurotic.

LOL...this from a person who's coach crys when he takes a dump.

TEX
01-10-2005, 02:17 PM

You do if you're a "Genius." :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 02:46 PM
You do if you're a "Genius." :hmmm:

You must use the correct ChiefsPlanet spelling in all Broncos' related smack... I'm sending you to see KCTitus, as he is not only the official archivist of ChiefsPlanet, but the keeper of the rules relating to sanctioned Broncos' homerism.

This is your first warning...

Straight, No Chaser
01-10-2005, 02:54 PM

It seems like the Donks have had the D-Line personnel to get it done but haven't. Several recent Donk linemen are doing well on other teams. The Dolts winning The Ring this year will explain a lot, for the Donks and the Chiefs (one being that you can still win it all with a "lousy" defense).

Comparing "who got the best" of the offseason trade by position is only part of the story. Comparing a immature malcontent against a seasoned shut-down corner is easy.

--->

TEX
01-10-2005, 02:56 PM
You must use the correct ChiefsPlanet spelling in all Broncos' related smack... I'm sending you to see KCTitus, as he is not only the official archivist of ChiefsPlanet, but the keeper of the rules relating to sanctioned Broncos' homerism.

This is your first warning...

Oh sorry, that would be," You do if you're a "Genious!"

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 02:58 PM
It seems like the Donks have had the D-Line personnel to get it done but haven't. Several recent Donk linemen are doing well on other teams. The Dolts winning The Ring this year will explain a lot, for the donks and the Chiefs (one being that you can still win it all with a "lousy" defense).

Comparing "who got the best" of the offseason trade by position is only part of the story. Comparing a immature malcontent to seasoned shut-down corner is easy.

--->

It hurts to lose guys like Berry and Reagor... but, that happens in FA when you're talking about bonus money. These are guys - specifically Berry - that you wonder "can he repeat"? Or was he a product of having Pryce on the line with him. I liked the committee approach with the veterans... it just didn't work out.

Straight, No Chaser
01-10-2005, 03:03 PM
It hurts to lose guys like Berry and Reagor... but, that happens in FA when you're talking about bonus money. These are guys - specifically Berry - that you wonder "can he repeat"? Or was he a product of having Pryce on the line with him. I liked the committee approach with the veterans... it just didn't work out.

Down here in The Valley of Underachievement, Berry has made quite a Rep for himself. Coming into a transitory situation and coming out as the sack leader as well as garnering accolades from Dennis is quite a feat. Don't know what his contract was like with the Donks but seem to remember he flashed last year.

BTW, who replaced him ;)

--->