PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Rwanda

Jenson71
01-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Do yourself the favor and go see that movie. Incredible.

PunkinDrublic
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
You read my mind I was just gonna post and see if anyones seen the movie yet. I'm going to try and see it this week.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Don Cheadle is a hell of an actor. Ill have to go check it out. I want to go see Million Dollar Baby as well, Clint Eastwoods latest...

warpaint99
01-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I could care less for womens boxing .

Jenny Gump
01-10-2005, 09:55 PM
This looks so excellent. I am definitely planning to see it.

2bikemike
01-10-2005, 10:05 PM
I have heard Hotel is a damn good movie. I hear Cheadle should get some recognition for his acting.

We will probably go see it.

Miles
01-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Don Cheadle is a hell of an actor. Ill have to go check it out. I want to go see Million Dollar Baby as well, Clint Eastwoods latest...

I agree with Cheadle being a damn good actor. Though he doesnt always seem to get the best roles to show his talent. Also everytime i see him in a movie i think of Buck's stereo world.

Unfortunaly Hotel Rwanda isnt showing anywhere around here so i will probably have to wait for DVD. Late spring/early summer will have some badass DVD releases as it seams that most of the good movies of this year have come out in the last 2 months or so.

Jenson71
01-15-2005, 11:41 PM
It's been almost a week since I've watched this, and I still have some scenes burned into my memory.

And now I present to you, the night before the Golden Globes, my top 10 films the past Oscar year...ahem. And I still have a lot to see, as I've seen only 29 films from 2004, and most of them were bad. These aren't my predictions, just my statements.

10. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
9. Before Sunset
8. The Incredibles
7. Garden State
6. Hero*
5. The Passion of the Christ
4. Finding Neverland
3. Kill Bill: Vol. 2
2. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
1. Hotel Rwanda

*-US release only, actually released in original country in 2002.

FloridaChief
01-16-2005, 12:29 AM
It's on my list of "to see" flicks...

Miles
01-16-2005, 01:09 AM
It's been almost a week since I've watched this, and I still have some scenes burned into my memory.

And now I present to you, the night before the Golden Globes, my top 10 films the past Oscar year...ahem. And I still have a lot to see, as I've seen only 29 films from 2004, and most of them were bad. These aren't my predictions, just my statements.

9. Before Sunset
8. The Incredibles
7. Garden State
6. Hero*
4. Finding Neverland
1. Hotel Rwanda

You have seen more of them than I have as i have only seen half of you top ten but really enjoyed the ones i did. Some of my friends were talking about Life Aquatic and it sounds like something i would really like. Im a big fan of bizzar flicks.

Have you seen Cinema Paradiso before? I just got done watching it and it was excellent.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 01:35 AM

9. Before Sunset
8. The Incredibles
7. Garden State
6. Hero*
4. Finding Neverland
1. Hotel Rwanda

Nice to see you give Kill Bill Vol. 2 some love...too bad it will be all but forgotten come Oscar time....sigh......This is why i despise the Oscars these days..its nothing but a popularity contest anymore...

Miles
01-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Nice to see you give Kill Bill Vol. 2 some love...too bad it will be all but forgotten come Oscar time....sigh......This is why i despise the Oscars these days..its nothing but a popularity contest anymore...

Yeah you have that right. It seems that the best movie rarely wins best picture these days. Wonder if Kill Bill Vol. 2 will even get a nomination for it?

mcan
01-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Here's my second try at this list...

BTW, I'm hoping to see Rwanda soon, same with Before Sunset and a slew of others...

top ten I've seen-
10: Supersize Me!
9: The Passion of the Christ
8: Spider Man 2
7: Control Room
6: Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
5: Garden State
4: I Heart Huckabees
3: Kill Bill vol 2
2: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
1: Closer

Notables:
Shaun of the Dead
Saved
The Terminal
Mean Girls
Napoleon Dynamite
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Top ten most dissapointing movies I've seen-

10: Fahrenheit 9/11
9: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
8: The Bourne Supremacy
7: Starsky and Hutch
6: Open Water
5: De-Lovely
4: Shrek 2
3: Sideways
2: Ocean's Twelve
1: The Stepford Wives

mcan
01-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Yeah you have that right. It seems that the best movie rarely wins best picture these days. Wonder if Kill Bill Vol. 2 will even get a nomination for it?

It was Ebert's favorite of the year until he saw Million Dollar Baby... I'm wondering if that's going to be one of those movies that I put off seeing forever, only to love it immensely in a couple years... I did the same thing with Schindler's List because everyone was fawning over it so much...

KCWolfman
01-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Anymore? You mean since the early 70s.

teedubya
01-16-2005, 03:03 AM
you guys watch way too many ******ing movies.