PDA

View Full Version : "You're just jealous because ive been on-line chatting with babes all day long"

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I know im a little behind the 8-Ball on this one, but Napoleon Dynomite Rocks! I just watched it. It lived up to the hype.

JazzzLovr
01-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I can hardly wait until Nzoner finds this thread. :)

2bikemike
01-12-2005, 05:12 PM
I can hardly wait until Nzoner finds this thread. :)

I'm with Nzoner on this one. That movie sucked monkey balls.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:14 PM
What you wanna bet I can throw this football over them mountains?

tyton75
I'm with Nzoner too.. there are some good quotes but the overall movie just irritated me!

Deberg_1990

What??? Alright, ill admit, the movie had no story, but all the characters were really well done. I liked how they didnt make Napoleon some loveable guy either.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:16 PM
What??? Alright, ill admit, the movie had no story, but all the characters were really well done. I liked how they didnt make Napoleon some loveable guy either.

It had story. It was about one nerd's accomplishment through the power of friendship and unwavering persistence. Napoleon believes in himself and in his abilities. He is also a leader. That is why his name is NAPOLEON.

2bikemike
01-12-2005, 05:17 PM

I watched about the first 45 minutes and then turned it off. I didn't laugh one time. :shrug:

Even 2 of my kids thought it was stupid the 3rd didn't watch it.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I watched about the first 45 minutes and then turned it off. I didn't laugh one time. :shrug:

Even 2 of my kids thought it was stupid the 3rd didn't watch it.

I bet you liked The Transporter.

2bikemike
01-12-2005, 05:18 PM
It had story. It was about one nerd's accomplishment through the power of friendship and unwavering persistence. Napoleon believes in himself and in his abilities. He is also a leader. That is why his name is NAPOLEON.

I am positive that you can relate to the character Napoleon.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 05:20 PM

This could also be the description for every "Star Wars"and "Lord of the Rings" geek in the world.

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I think it has the capacity to grow on you. I was initially irritated and disappointed. But as I grew accustomed to the 'world' the humor unfolded. In that way, I'd compare it to 'The Big Lebowski.'

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I am positive that you can relate to the character Napoleon.

No. My favorite animal is a cross between a Tiger and a Wolf. I call it a Wiger.

Also I can draw that chick's bangs way better. The shading on the upper lip only took me 10 minutes.

Donger
01-12-2005, 05:26 PM
No. My favorite animal is a cross between a Tiger and a Wolf. I call it a Wiger.

Also I can draw that chick's bangs way better. The shading on the upper lip only took me 10 minutes.

FWIW, banging chicks is more fun than drawing their bangs.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
FWIW, banging chicks is more fun than drawing their bangs.

GAWSH!

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Definately a Love it or hate it flick.

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I loved The Big Lebowski right off the bat.
I loved Blood Simple and Miller's Crossing, liked Barton Fink and Hudsucker Proxy a great deal, and counted Raising Arizona and Fargo among my favorite movies for each genre of all time. But the first time I watched TBL, I was bummed out, man. I chuckled a little more the second time. Now it's among my most watch, quoted and loved movies of all time, even above Fargo and Raising Arizona. Just had to find it's rhythm.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:31 PM
I loved Blood Simple and Miller's Crossing, liked Barton Fink and Hudsucker Proxy a great deal, and counted Raising Arizona and Fargo among my favorite movies for each genre of all time. But the first time I watched TBL, I was bummed out, man. I chuckled a little more the second time. Now it's among my most watch, quoted and loved movies of all time, even above Fargo and Raising Arizona. Just had to find it's rhythm.

I was the same way with TBL and ND.

Star Wars, on the other hand, was love at first sight. I must have rewound and replayed the throne room scene at least 10 times pretending to be Luke Skywalker walking down the corridor. I was swinging a 2-foot long black MAGLITE flashlight around in the room like a lightsaber afterwards.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 05:33 PM

Wheres the love for "O Brother Where art Thou" ???

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I was talking about my frame of mind when I first watched TBL. O'Bro is a classic, Mos Def.

Pants
01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Both The Big Lebowski and Office Space become funnier and funnier every time you watch them. That's why they are great movies, IMO.

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
I was the same way with TBL and ND.

Star Wars, on the other hand, was love at first sight. I must have rewound and replayed the throne room scene at least 10 times pretending to be Luke Skywalker walking down the corridor. I was swinging a 2-foot long black MAGLITE flashlight around in the room like a lightsaber afterwards.
Nothing beats the experience of kids of my generation, when this was the first 'big people's' movie we ever got to see. I was 6 yo in 77, and was set up for a long line of disappointment when it was impressed on me so early on that that was what all grown up movies were like. Didn't enjoy a movie like that again until Raider of the Lost Ark.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Nothing beats the experience of kids of my generation, when this was the first 'big people's' movie we ever got to see. I was 6 yo in 77, and was set up for a long line of disappointment when it was impressed on me so early on that that was what all grown up movies were like. Didn't enjoy a movie like that again until Raider of the Lost Ark.

Exactly. I remember when people used to be lined up around the block for these big "Event" movies and you had to wait 3 or 4 hours in line for the next showing when it was sold out. Kids today have no idea how easy they have it when the "event" movies are on 10 screens with showtimes starting every 10 minutes or so....

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Exactly. I remember when people used to be lined up around the block for these big "Event" movies and you had to wait 3 or 4 hours in line for the next showing when it was sold out. Kids today have no idea how easy they have it when the "event" movies are on 10 screens with showtimes starting every 10 minutes or so....

Damn, seriously?

You know the story goes that George Lucas was sitting in a restaurant across the street from Mann's Chinese Theater and watched a line of hundreds of people form around the block to get into Star Wars the day it opened.

I stood in line for several hours for the premieres of several movies, but that's it.

OldTownChief
01-12-2005, 05:49 PM

That was some mighty fine ah pickin an ah singin

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't recall having to wait a long time in line. Knowing how cheap my parents were, we probably watched in the 4th or 5th or 10th week of viewing. I was more referring to having the first scifi epic I ever saw be perhaps still the greatest one ever filmed. I could imagine an 8 year old having Titanic or Forrest Gump be the first grown up movie they ever saw being analogous.

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Damn, seriously?

You know the story goes that George Lucas was sitting in a restaurant across the street from Mann's Chinese Theater and watched a line of hundreds of people form around the block to get into Star Wars the day it opened.
I assume you watched the extras on the DVD set. I was amazed at how lame the trailers looked before they incorporated Williams' score. I wonder how well received the movie would be without it.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Damn, seriously?

Yea seriously, I vaguely remember when "Star Wars" opened because i was like 6. But I do remember waiting in line for about 3 hours when "Empire Strikes Back" came out. It only played on about 200 screens around the country. By comparisiom most of todays movies start at around 4000 screens or so. But this was before the days of VHS and DVD rentals so movies would play in theaters like 6- 10 months as well.

2bikemike
01-12-2005, 05:52 PM

Now that movie I liked.

Donger
01-12-2005, 05:53 PM

You don't have any older brothers, do you?

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:54 PM
I assume you watched the extras on the DVD set. I was amazed at how lame the trailers looked before they incorporated Williams' score. I wonder how well received the movie would be without it.

Nah, I knew about that Mann's thing years ago. I saw the trailers on the internet a few years ago too. But yeah, they were seriously lame. The only reason FOX executives gave Lucas money is because of Ralph McQuarrie's drawings and the only reason the film ever got finished was because of William's score. It really breathed some life into the thing. A soundtrack consisting of cheesy 70s music would not have fit the bill.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 05:56 PM
You don't have any older brothers, do you?

Nope, why? You think they would have introduced me to the movies before?

I wish I had a younger brother about 7 or 8 years old that I could've introduced the movies to.

Demonpenz
01-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I like the movie and all, but i can see where it is heading. It is heading in rick james, lil john, and OLD SCHOOL territory. Which means soon you won't be able to walk an inch without hear. RICH JAMES BITCH, YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHH, or YOUR MY BOY BLUE. Soon you will hear GAWSH! Or What the heck would you do?!?!?

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Shit. Is Phobia online? We might be reading a, "I played with a used doll that had one arm and no head" story soon.
We've had the obligatory "big wheel with the front tire preflattened by the previous owner" discussion a couple of times already.
We still kid my mom because for years, when we asked where she wanted to go to eat for her birthday, the first words out of her mouth were "well I have a coupon for. . . "
I was by no means deprived, but I was instilled with fiscal discipline. Buying in bulk, buying what's on sale, as opposed to what you actually want to eat, eating what was cooked for dinner with no whining and no snacking on other junk food [because there wasn't any in the house], all coupled with; 1) my moms giving the TV to goodwill when I started 1st grade, and 2) my moms saying phuck hugh to the Ritilan pushers and controlling my hyperactivity by feeding me with carrot and celery sticks and PBJs made with natural PB, and homemade bread and jam, made me the man I am today.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Nah, I knew about that Mann's thing years ago. I saw the trailers on the internet a few years ago too. But yeah, they were seriously lame. The only reason FOX executives gave Lucas money is because of Ralph McQuarrie's drawings and the only reason the film ever got finished was because of William's score. It really breathed some life into the thing. A soundtrack consisting of cheesy 70s music would not have fit the bill.

I always wondered how Lucas got Alec Guiness to star in the thing?? He was a pretty respected actor and i figured that he wouldnt think the thing was up to his "standards" ??? Everyone thought it was gonna flop while they were filming it.

Donger
01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Nope, why? You think they would have introduced me to the movies before?

Forget it.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I always wondered how Lucas got Alec Guiness to star in the thing?? He was a pretty respected actor and i figured that he wouldnt think the thing was up to his "standards" ??? Everyone thought it was gonna flop while they were filming it.

You need to read "Empire Building : The Real Life Story of Star Wars." It's really interesting.

Anyway, Lucas personally asked Guiness to star in the film and they had breakfast and went over the script and story. Guiness was no fool and immediately recognized what Lucas was trying to do. He was into it from the start and helped alot of the younger actors cope with the stresses of moviemaking. Especially in the deserts of Tunisia.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 06:04 PM
You need to read "Empire Building : The Real Life Story of Star Wars." It's really interesting.

Anyway, Lucas personally asked Guiness to star in the film and they had breakfast and went over the script and story. Guiness was no fool and immediately recognized what Lucas was trying to do. He was into it from the start and helped alot of the younger actors cope with the stresses of moviemaking. Especially in the deserts of Tunisia.

Cool, thanks for the info. Ill have to seek that book out.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Forget it.

An older Jehovah's Witness kind of introduced me to Star Wars. I saw Return of the Jedi for the first time at his house.

If you think an older brother would have stopped me from loving SW I think you are wrong.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. Ill have to seek that book out.

"Skywalking" is great too. It's about George Lucas mostly. Has stuff on the other movies he's been involved with. The dude was in a car crash when he was like 17 and half of his chest was crushed. Lung had to be reinflated.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 06:07 PM
"Skywalking" is great too. It's about George Lucas mostly. Has stuff on the other movies he's been involved with. The dude was in a car crash when he was like 17 and half of his chest was crushed. Lung had to be reinflated.

Isnt much of "American Graffetti" about his youth?? Thats one of my all time fave movies.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Isnt much of "American Graffetti" about his youth?? Thats one of my all time fave movies.

Yeah, George used to tinker with cars and cruise up and down the strip. He souped up some POS.

I think Howard the Duck was an LSD trip he had.

teedubya
01-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Damn, seriously?

I stood in line for several hours for the premieres of several movies, but that's it.

i never stand in line for movies... I always wait a couple weeks, then hit a matinee or something. I cant stand being in line like a herd of cattle blindly following the hype of some movie. Fugg that. I really wanted to go see National Treasure... and waited like 5 weeks and a half empty theatre. I like elbow room.

Donger
01-12-2005, 06:10 PM
An older Jehovah's Witness kind of introduced me to Star Wars. I saw Return of the Jedi for the first time at his house.

If you think an older brother would have stopped me from loving SW I think you are wrong.

Like I said, forget it. You won't understand.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:11 PM
i never stand in line for movies... I always wait a couple weeks, then hit a matinee or something. I cant stand being in line like a herd of cattle blindly following the hype of some movie. Fugg that. I really wanted to go see National Treasure... and waited like 5 weeks and a half empty theatre. I like elbow room.

Half the fun of seeing big movies is seeing it with a crowd. ESPECIALLY Star Wars.

Would going to KC games be as fun without 79,999 other fans beside you?

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Like I said, forget it. You won't understand.

Indulge me.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 06:14 PM

hahaha..yeah true.

BTW, what do you think of the new Box set? Damn they sure do look pretty on my 47" widescreen. The best i have ever seen them look. The color is outstanding! I could do without some of the new scenes that were added in 97 but oh well, you cant have everything.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:15 PM
hahaha..yeah true.

BTW, what do you think of the new Box set? Damn they sure do look pretty on my 47" widescreen. The best i have ever seen them look. The color is outstanding! I could do without some of the new scenes that were added in 97 but oh well, you cant have everything.

What do you think? I watched Empire of Dreams the other day and learned some new stuff. My favorite bit was how the scene with the Tusken Raider pumping his arms over his head was just a bit of film looped back and repeated.

I think Kurt Russell would have made a great Han Solo, too.

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 06:16 PM
The beauty Caroline in the City in her bra and panties cannot be dimmed, not even by the fact that she's in bed with a duck from outer space.

Fairplay
01-12-2005, 06:17 PM

Dude! :eek: :shake:

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Dude! :eek: :shake:

Come on. I was 10 years old.

Nzoner
01-12-2005, 06:20 PM
What??? Alright, ill admit, the movie had no story, but all the characters were really well done.

Coming from the one who wouldn't mind tapping the ass of Babs. :D

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 06:24 PM
The beauty Caroline in the City in her bra and panties cannot be dimmed, not even by the fact that she's in bed with a duck from outer space.

That aint no lie! Unfortunately, she hasnt aged quite as well as other 80's hotties like Jennfier Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates.

LiL stumppy
01-12-2005, 06:27 PM
I know im a little behind the 8-Ball on this one, but Napoleon Dynomite Rocks! I just watched it. It lived up to the hype.

I likeds it but it kinda sucked at the end

teedubya
01-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Half the fun of seeing big movies is seeing it with a crowd. ESPECIALLY Star Wars.

Would going to KC games be as fun without 79,999 other fans beside you?

Dude, all of the idiots that dress up as their favorite characters just make me want to go apeshit. Going to see Star Wars with a huge crowd is in NO WAY comparable to going to see Chiefs at Arrowhead.

I would rather jump into a pool filled with broken glass and razor blades than go to opening weekend Star Wars.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-12-2005, 07:00 PM
back when I was a kid we had to many chores, not to have a life

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Dude, all of the idiots that dress up as their favorite characters just make me want to go apeshit. Going to see Star Wars with a huge crowd is in NO WAY comparable to going to see Chiefs at Arrowhead.

I would rather jump into a pool filled with broken glass and razor blades than go to opening weekend Star Wars.

BS!

You won't see many more people dressed up as Star Wars characters at movie premieres (at least in my experience) than you will see people in costumes at football games. Wierdwolf, Arrowman, freaks in full football gear....how are these any different than a guy with a Vader costume or a Stormtrooper outfit?

Besides, 70 percent of people at football games are in jerseys. You won't see 70 percent of a Star Wars crowd decked in Star Wars clothing, costume or otherwise. I didn't even wear a Star Wars shirt to Episode II.

2bikemike
01-12-2005, 07:31 PM
BS!

You won't see many more people dressed up as Star Wars characters at movie premieres (at least in my experience) than you will see people in costumes at football games. Wierdwolf, Arrowman, freaks in full football gear....how are these any different than a guy with a Vader costume or a Stormtrooper outfit?

Besides, 70 percent of people at football games are in jerseys. You won't see 70 percent of a Star Wars crowd decked in Star Wars clothing, costume or otherwise. I didn't even wear a Star Wars shirt to Episode II.

Football is cool

Star Wars is gay!

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 07:40 PM
A movie and a sporting event are two completely different things.

For a sporting event, of course the energy of the crowd increases enjoyment. For a movie, I want everyone to just shut the f*ck up... hell, don't even be there.

Most movies I would agree. If there's a cult following and a crowd though, it just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Most Star Wars fans probably don't understand football fans. Ever think of that?

You can do either with a crowd or in the privacy of your own home.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Who asked 'em to?

You're the one comparing watching Star Wars to football, not me.

Listen, I understand both sides of this argument. I'm both a Star Wars AND a football fan. In fact, I was a Star Wars fan first. So I have a unique perspective on things.

Valiant
01-12-2005, 07:54 PM

its fantasy... will not happen to you... quit dreaming...

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 07:55 PM
its fantasy... will not happen to you... quit dreaming...

Pedro's going to be elected and NO ONE WILL STOP ME.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Pedro's going to be elected and NO ONE WILL STOP ME.

Pedro is da man!! I only wish he would have ended up with Summer.

Valiant
01-12-2005, 08:32 PM
the only thing i didnt like about the movie was, those two were not acting.. they are that way in real life... movie had tons of funny quotes.. but it is just a average movie at best...

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 08:36 PM
the only thing i didnt like about the movie was, those two were not acting.. they are that way in real life... movie had tons of funny quotes.. but it is just a average movie at best...

Yea i was wondering that as well. Everything was so well played that i was constantly asking, "Are they that way in real life, or are they really acting" ??

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2005, 08:45 PM
I know im a little behind the 8-Ball on this one,
Not seeing a movie until know has put you in an uncomfortable and hard-to-get -out-of predicament?

I'm confused.

Miles
01-12-2005, 08:53 PM
I like the movie and all, but i can see where it is heading. It is heading in rick james, lil john, and OLD SCHOOL territory. Which means soon you won't be able to walk an inch without hear. RICH JAMES BITCH, YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHH, or YOUR MY BOY BLUE. Soon you will hear GAWSH! Or What the heck would you do?!?!?

Im afraid you are right with that. I already notice it happening.

I finally saw Harold and Kumar last night. Dugie Howser snorting coke off that strippers ass was great. Funny ass movie.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Dude, what is the deal with Neil Patrick Harris? Why is he so horny?

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 09:19 PM

Bullshit, how do you know they are total geeks in real life?

Miles
01-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Bullshit, how do you know they are total geeks in real life?

They may not...but the chances of them being pretty cool are not good.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM

This is retarded...just because they played geeks they're not popular in real life? I can name dozens of actors that played goofy roles that aren't total social ****wits in the real world.

I know it SEEMS like that, but... ROFL

tk13
01-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't know, it always seems to me like actors seem to play parts that are far from their actual personalities and get cast as something they're not. I had a college professor that had had dinner with Tom Cruise, said he was one of the most boring people he'd ever met.... Christopher Lloyd is known for playing some crazy parts, but he's supposedly extremely quiet and reserved....the you look at a guy like Bob Saget, and everyone thinks "nice ol Danny Tanner" but really the guy is a comedian who loves to drop f-bombs and tell how he'd go get wasted in Vegas. You never know....

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't know, it always seems to me like actors seem to play parts that are far from their actual personalities and get cast as something they're not. I had a college professor that had had dinner with Tom Cruise, said he was one of the most boring people he'd ever met.... Christopher Lloyd is known for playing some crazy parts, but he's supposedly extremely quiet and reserved....the you look at a guy like Bob Saget, and everyone thinks "nice ol Danny Tanner" but really the guy is a comedian who loves to drop f-bombs and tell how he'd go get wasted in Vegas. You never know....

Yep. And Bill Shatner hates Star Trek.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2005, 09:34 PM

Are you serious? Bob Saget cusses?

tk13
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Are you serious? Bob Saget cusses?
Oh yeah, his stand-up act was real dirty.... a couple weeks ago he was a guest host for the old Late Show with Kilborn that's now hosted by Craig Ferguson or whoever... but John Stamos was on as a guest and it was less an interview and more about them going back and forth telling their wild stories from when they were together on Full House.... like one weekend where they went to Vegas and got plastered, for instance.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok, I'm not surprised you haven't seen his standup act (because, apparently, me and tk13 are the only ones who have)... but, have you really never seen Half Baked?

I've seen Half Baked, but that was a long time ago it seems. And no, I had no idea he did stand up. :hmmm: Funny, heh.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah, his stand-up act was real dirty.... a couple weeks ago he was a guest host for the old Late Show with Kilborn that's now hosted by Craig Ferguson or whoever... but John Stamos was on as a guest and it was less an interview and more about them going back and forth telling their wild stories from when they were together on Full House.... like one weekend where they went to Vegas and got plastered, for instance.

ROFL

I would've never guessesd.

Demonpenz
01-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Bob saget "I did those shows for money, if I see one more ****er get hit in the balls someone is going to die!"

Demonpenz
01-12-2005, 09:59 PM
One thing i have noticed is shows with people playing stand up comedians on shows tend to be the least funny on the show. Dave coulier was supposed to be stand up comedian (Not funny) Sienfield is the least funny on the sienfield show. On swingers Mickey is a stand up comedian but he is the least funny of the group

Taco John
01-12-2005, 10:40 PM
the only thing i didnt like about the movie was, those two were not acting.. they are that way in real life...

You moron! They are not.

Why come on a message board where you are sure to get caught and sit there and lie about something you obviously know nothing about?

Damned doofus...

This is what Jon Heder *really* looks like, you dope:

Jon Heder AKA Napoleon Dynamite (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2273/Events/2273/DirectorJa_Fred_2051513_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Heder,%20Jon)

Hammock Parties
01-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Damn. He looks NOTHING like his character.

Just goes to show how different some people can be.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Joe Rogan's got a great bit about Fear Factor... "I thought that shit was gonna be cancelled in two weeks. My agent called me up and said, 'Hey, you wanna host a show where people eat bugs and other crap?', I said, 'F*ck yeah!' I had no idea this shit would go on this long."

Yea seriously, plus he gets to flirt with hot babes all the time.

Taco John
01-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Damn. He looks NOTHING like his character.

Just goes to show how different some people can be.

And how full of sh*t some people can be...

Deberg_1990
01-13-2005, 12:53 AM
One thing i was kinda curious about after watching this. What time frame is this supposed to be set in?? To me it looks like the late 80's or early 1990's by the clothes they wear and the music is all 80's. But yet Kip and Uncle Rico use the internet and email which wasnt widely in use until the mid 1990's?? I was a little confused by that.

tk13
01-13-2005, 01:06 AM
One thing i was kinda curious about after watching this. What time frame is this supposed to be set in?? To me it looks like the late 80's or early 1990's by the clothes they wear and the music is all 80's. But yet Kip and Uncle Rico use the internet and email which wasnt widely in use until the mid 1990's?? I was a little confused by that.
I haven't watched it again to double check, but supposedly a calendar in the movie clearly says 2004.... I wondered the same thing when watching it.

Miles
01-13-2005, 01:17 AM

I guess it may be the mid 90's or so. Kip refered to their grandmother having to pay out the ass for the internet because he used so many minutes.

Baby Lee
01-13-2005, 06:34 AM
That aint no lie! Unfortunately, she hasnt aged quite as well as other 80's hotties like Jennfier Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates.
Did you catch Annabeth Gish as the President's daughter on The West Wing last night. She's changed a lot since she was scooting around on her vespa in Mystic Pizza, but is still quite attractive.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Did you catch Annabeth Gish as the President's daughter on The West Wing last night. She's changed a lot since she was scooting around on her vespa in Mystic Pizza, but is still quite attractive.

Oh yea?? I havent seen her in a while. Shes another one i used to have a minor crush on. Shes was never super hot, just very cute, girl next door kinda vibe, which is always good! She did look decent when she was on the last few seasons of X-Files.

chiefscafan
01-13-2005, 03:31 PM
I loved it

"So what are you gonna do today Napoleon?"

"Whatever I Want god"

He is frikin sweet

"Do you eat lowfat cause your afraid of getting fat?"

"Yeah Rico me and Lashawnda are getting close she hasn't sent me a full body shot yet but she's hot from her head shot."

I think that movie is hillarios and the last scene when he dances is great!