PDA

View Full Version : Stupid St. Louis Announcers

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
On Fox Sports Midwest, they just said that Atlanta's strength was rush defense. I guess they forgot that whoopin that KC put on the Falcons rush defense.

morphius
01-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Why would anyone watch Fox Sports Midwest, it is all about StL, nothing Midwest about a station talking about only one city. Most worthless station on TV, if they didn't play Royals games I would delete the channel from my TV.

Sure-Oz
01-12-2005, 08:37 PM
STL network, there are some major HOMERS on that network.

Coach
01-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Apparently not many of you guys have heard about the White Sux announcers Hawk Harrelson and Dave Otto.

RINGLEADER
01-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Weren't the Falcons the number one rushing defense going into Arrowhead that weekend?

Coach
01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Weren't the Falcons the number one rushing defense going into Arrowhead that weekend?

Yes, they were until we torched them w/ some 400 yards w/ 8 TD's.

Stinger
01-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Going into yes leaving no

beavis
01-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Apparently not many of you guys have heard about the White Sux announcers Hawk Harrelson and Dave Otto.
Those are the two most worthless announcers I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

Coach
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Those are the two most worthless announcers I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

I've never heard a more conceited, less intelligent hick broadcast play-by-play in a more homer way where ever comment is in a code meant to make him look as clever as possible.

Hawk Harrelson is the Chet Coppack of play-by-play.

Eleazar
01-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Those Sux anouncers make my ears bleed. Maybe I am a purist but I don't really care for the people calling the game to be high-fiving each other.

shaneo69
01-12-2005, 09:26 PM

Are they worse than Hawk and Wimpy (Paciorek) were? I've never heard Otto. The entire Sux team of the early '90's had nicknames....Big Hurt, Little Hurt (Grebeck), One-Dog (Lance Johnson), etc. And I had never heard of a duck-snort until I heard those guys.

Coach
01-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Are they worse than Hawk and Wimpy (Paciorek) were? I've never heard Otto. The entire Sux team of the early '90's had nicknames....Big Hurt, Little Hurt (Grebeck), One-Dog (Lance Johnson), etc. And I had never heard of a duck-snort until I heard those guys.

Very. Every time a White Sox player do something good, like a base hit RBI, or a HR, or something, Hawk just goes nuts, as if he's having a massive orgasm. I mean, it's like "GO! GO! YES!" It's just make my ears bleed.

Another one I hate, especially on ESPN Baseball. Joe Morgan. Not only is he an ignorant bumbling bafoon, but no one is more obvious about inserting their personal biases into their analytical "insight". The fact that someone actually pays that steaming pile of crap for his thoughts is the first thing I think of when pondering just how unfair life really is. I don't wish ill on anyone, but if he were to come down with a horrid flesh-eating virus that only attacked his voicebox and completely disintegrated it....

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Why would anyone watch Fox Sports Midwest, it is all about StL, nothing Midwest about a station talking about only one city. Most worthless station on TV, if they didn't play Royals games I would delete the channel from my TV.

I live in Springfield not much choice.

Bearcat
01-13-2005, 12:20 PM

They have Royals games? :shrug:

In the past it's been good for Avalanche/Blues games, even though it's hard to listen to their bunch of homers.

They have ACC hoops, even though ESPN usually gets the really good game...... and they had a couple of KU football games on, which is nice.

I agree though, that the other 99% of the time, it's all St. Louis.

.siuoL .tS kcuF

Soupnazi
01-13-2005, 12:24 PM
"Stupid St. Louis sports announcers"?

I thought this was a given.

Fox Sports Midwest has about as much purpose on my channel guide as Univision.

Kris Kringle
01-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Why would anyone watch Fox Sports Midwest, it is all about StL, nothing Midwest about a station talking about only one city. Most worthless station on TV, if they didn't play Royals games I would delete the channel from my TV. Exactly!! I totally agree.

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes, they were until we torched them w/ some 400 yards w/ 8 TD's.

Weren't they missin' a couple or three key players because of injuries though, IRC.

Baby Lee
01-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I plumb forgot there even was a Fox MW. It's ghettoized by dishnetwork up by the sports PPV and horse racing channel. 405 or something. And it's nothing but StL coverage. The best I could hope for is maybe a KU/MU game. Never took the time to see if BDSSP is a bust or not.

Coach
01-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Weren't they missin' a couple or three key players because of injuries though, IRC.

I honestly don't know, and can't remember. Even if they did, they still would have been destroyed. The Chiefs were on fire that day.

Ultra Peanut
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Weren't they missin' a couple or three key players because of injuries though, IRC.With karate I'll kick your ass
Into Tiananmen Square
Aw, yeah, mother****er
I'm gonna kick your ****in' derriereyeeeahhhhh
You broke the rules
Now I'll pull out all your pubic haaaiaaaairr
You mother****er
You mother****er

Calcountry
01-13-2005, 05:47 PM
On Fox Sports Midwest, they just said that Atlanta's strength was rush defense. I guess they forgot that whoopin that KC put on the Falcons rush defense.
IMO, it is not out of St. Louis' reach. They have a similar offense as ours and if they get up quickly, and Atlanta falls out of their gameplan, Vick is not as effective when you know he will pass.

The Eagles are also beatable without TO.

Unlikely, but very probably to have an NFC title game with two pathetic 10-8 clubs as the best of Conference.]

Pathetic.

:shake: