PDA

View Full Version : 12 days till I say goodbye to Corporate America!!

ZepSinger
01-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Jan. 31 is officially my last day on the job I've held for 7+ years as a web/multimedia developer for a large company in KC. A casualty of corporate downsizing. With 2 mo. severance, I'm cool till April 1.

Feb. 1st, I offically start my own business. Web/multimedia production out of my own basement. Make a pot of coffee, head downstairs, and go to work in sweats. No meetings. No 'group thinks' or insipid corp-speak. No rush hour. Lunch everyday with my kids. Reading the Planet and producing DVDs all day. KILLER.

BTW- the majority of what I'll be doing is wedding/special event videography. So... any of you KC-area dudes or dudettes getting married, I'll expect a call. :)

Saulbadguy
01-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Congrats Ron. You the man now dog!

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Feb. 1st, I offically start my own business. Web/multimedia production out of my own basement. Make a pot of coffee, head downstairs, and go to work in sweats. No meetings. No 'group thinks' or insipid corp-speak. No rush hour. Lunch everyday with my kids. Reading the Planet and producing DVDs all day. KILLER.

:cuss: employ me!

j/k, congrats on escaping corporate america :clap:

BTW- the majority of what I'll be doing is wedding/special event videography. So... any of you KC-area dudes or dudettes getting married, I'll expect a call. :)

My luck hasn't run out yet ;)

seclark
01-13-2005, 09:54 AM
congrats
don't think that situation would work for me though... i'd be $hitfaced by 9:30am every day.
sec

RNR
01-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Good luck! it may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you. If I want to get married again, I may call however it would be to hit me with a bat to return me to clear thought. You can film it if you want.

BigMeatballDave
01-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Congrats! I hope it works out well for you. Good luck...

StcChief
01-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Good luck. Displine is key to being your own boss.

Get some contract work, don't limit yourself to KC.

ZepSinger
01-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Good luck. Displine is key to being your own boss.

Get some contract work, don't limit yourself to KC.

Hey, I'll go anywhere!
Just take care of any travel expenses, and I'm on it!

Z

Lzen
01-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Sounds good, dude. I envy your position. Good luck. :thumb:

Skip Towne
01-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I'd be for stealing the previous employer's customers.

Pennywise
01-14-2005, 10:11 AM
congrats
don't think that situation would work for me though... i'd be $hitfaced by 9:30am every day.
sec

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Jan. 31 is officially my last day on the job I've held for 7+ years as a web/multimedia developer for a large company in KC. A casualty of corporate downsizing. With 2 mo. severance, I'm cool till April 1.

Congrats, I think :hmmm: .

Good luck.

:thumb:

go bo
01-14-2005, 10:43 AM
congrats and good luck, zep... :toast:

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Congrats man for being able to get out from under the corporate umbrella. I guess if you ever get low on cash you could always go on tour again??

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Congrats man for being able to get out from under the corporate umbrella. I guess if you ever get low on cash you could always go on tour again??

Or see if Bwana could slide him a "loan?" :hmmm: