PDA

View Full Version : Don't take your car to CarX

JazzzLovr
01-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Earlier this week, the serpentine belt on my car came off and got shredded. My SO came out to try to replace it, but discovered that the tensioner pulley had locked up and would have to be replaced. He didn't have the tools to do it and hadn't worked on a Buick before, so he thought it would be best to have it towed to the nearest repair shop.

The nearest repair shop was CarX. It was only 3 miles away, which I thought was a good thing, since the tow company charged $2/mile on top of the hook-up fee.

CarX got the car about noon. I told them exactly what was wrong with it and what I wanted to have replaced. They told me that they would take a look at it and call me back with an estimate. At 3:10, I finally called them back instead, and they said that they were just bringing it in and should have an estimate for me in about 15 minutes.

An hour and a half later (4:45), I called them back again. They gave me an estimate of $425! They asked if I was in a hurry to get the car back, and I told them that I was driving a truck I had borrowed from a combat veteran friend of mine (thanks again :) ), so it didn't necessarily have to be done right then. They told me that it would be ready some time the next morning.

By the time the SO and I had a chance to discuss it, the shop was already closed for the day. SO said that it's ridiculous and it would cost less for him to buy the parts AND the tools and do it himself. So I got up at 6:00 this morning and tried calling CarX. No answer. I tried again at 7:00, no answer. At 7:30, I finally got to talk to someone to ask them to hold off on doing the work, and they said that the work had already been done. I asked when, and he said "Last night."

SO got on the phone with them and got them to break down each item on the bill for him. They were charging $134 for the tensioner pulley that would have cost $22 at an auto parts store. They also replaced the supercharger belt, which had nothing wrong with it. And they replaced the idler pulley, which was showing a little wear, but didn't need to be replaced to get the car running again. He got them to take off the charges for the parts that we hadn't asked for, and reduce the prices on the parts that he knew the auto parts store prices for (although he still didn't get them to go that low). They still charged $40 for a belt that we got from the auto parts store for $18. The grand total after he talked to them was $244.

So we went down there to pick up my car. I paid the bill and he said that another guy was going to drive it up to the front (it was still in the bay at that point). We went back outside and saw someone drive the car out, then right back into the bay. So we went over to find out what was going on.

The guy waved us inside before he closed the bay door again. He said that when he tried to drive it out, the power steering wasn't working. Twenty minutes later, he concluded that the power steering pump needed to be replaced. The normal cost for that was $305, but he would be willing to make us a deal on it at $291. As if I wanted to give them any more of my money when I didn't even trust the work they had already done.

So now I'm driving around without power steering, until we can find someone a little more honest to replace the power steering pump on it.

ROYC75
01-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Car repairs are a bitch, usually comes in 3's !

Radar Chief
01-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Did your friend check the power steering reservoir to ensure it has power steering fluid in it? Is the power steering pump making noises? Had it made noise before? Check hoses coming from the power steering pump to the steering rack (if power assisted rack & pinion, steering gear box if not) and ensure they aren’t leaking.
Check these things out before plopping down the $$$$ for a new power steering pump. ;)

RNR
01-13-2005, 10:30 AM
That sucks! wish I was still living in the area, I would have been able to help you out. Good luck Tammie.

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 10:30 AM
That sucks.

I had a serpentine belt break on one of my old cars while I was an hour and a half or so away from home and got charged $55 for it (installed), I thought I was getting bent over.

Lzen
01-13-2005, 10:32 AM
This is crap. I have a similar story with Jiffy Lube. I took one vehicle (Skylark with 130k miles on it) in recently to have the oil changed. It was in Sept/Oct. The other vehicle (Transport/Montana with 90k miles) was taken in about 3 weeks later. The van was taken in for a radiator flush and fill.

Both vehicles have had cooling system problems and knocking(which didn't start until the real cold weather set in) since then. I've since changed the oil myself in both vehicles and amazingly :rolleyes: , the knocking has gone away. Don't ask my why. I told them specifically to use Quaker State oil which I've always used and it is recommended by good mechanics. I don't know if they did that or not. I did find a freakin' Pennzoil oil filter on the car. I went with the Fram filter when I changed the oil again.

The van had to have the water pump replaced (which I had done by a more trustworthy - at least as far as I know - shop) after Jiffy Lube did the flush and fill. There was nothing wrong with it before it went in.

This is the thing about shops these days. Seems to me that there are a lot of crooks in this business. I'd like to shoot those bastards at Jiffy Lube. :cuss:

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Sounds like you need to call The Troubleshooter,Tom Martino. He has a syndicated radio program to help you with stuff like this.

http://www.troubleshooter.com/

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Did your friend check the power steering reservoir to ensure it has power steering fluid in it? Is the power steering pump making noises? Had it made noise before? Check hoses coming from the power steering pump to the steering rack (if power assisted rack & pinion, steering gear box if not) and ensure they aren’t leaking.
Check these things out before plopping down the $$$$ for a new power steering pump. ;)

Sorry about your bad experience.

As for me, I never needed power steering. Psssshhhhaaaa, think of it as exercise. :thumb:

PastorMikH
01-13-2005, 10:34 AM
It is amazing how some car repair places can be. Water pump went out on the church van. A lady in the church's husband works for a shop. Called them to get an estimate on the job, then called the Dodge dealership for a comparable estimate to show the board. (Church had the van before I got here or we wouldn't have a dodge). The price the Dodge dealership quoted was DOUBLE for the same job.

Had a situation one time in Excelsior Springs Mo. Took the wife's care into the shop for a state inspection. Dad is a mechanic in Columbia and had in the past made me look the stuff over in the driveway with him so I knew what needed to be done for the car to pass and had already checked everything the morning I took the car in. They took forever with the inspection and when they finally came to get us we had $50 bill for repair work thay had done to get the tail lights working. I pointed out that I found it odd that everything on the car had worked fine for 4 years and was working fine an hour earlier, but all of a sudden the tail lights quit working from home to the chop. They started backing up real quick and ended up telling us that "since they didn't have us authorize the work before hand, they wouldn't charge us."

Gotta watch them because they can be really crooked at times.

journeyscarab
01-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Frickin' pricks. I got one for you. I bought a 1988 Cadillac (yes I know - old peoples car) and the ignition thing went out in the first cold snap we had. There is an item called the steering rack that the ignition uses to make the starter start and all that other crap.

I have not had to go to an mechanic since moving to KC and so since it seemed like a unique item I took it to the dealership. It cost $109 just to look at it. Just to look at it. The part was $60 + 3 hours labor and we hit $527 with the $109 included. They didnt even drop the estimate fee when I let them do the work!!!

I will say - get roadside service on your PCS phone if they offer it. We called on Christmas eve and the wrecker was there in 30 minutes and they tow you anywhere free as part of your service.

Saulbadguy
01-13-2005, 10:36 AM
This is crap. I have a similar story with Jiffy Lube. I took one vehicle (Skylark with 130k miles on it) in recently to have the oil changed. It was in Sept/Oct. The other vehicle (Transport/Montana with 90k miles) was taken in about 3 weeks later. The van was taken in for a radiator flush and fill.

Both vehicles have had cooling system problems and knocking(which didn't start until the real cold weather set in) since then. I've since changed the oil myself in both vehicles and amazingly :rolleyes: , the knocking has gone away. Don't ask my why. I told them specifically to use Quaker State oil which I've always used and it is recommended by good mechanics. I don't know if they did that or not. I did find a freakin' Pennzoil oil filter on the car. I went with the Fram filter when I changed the oil again.

The van had to have the water pump replaced (which I had done by a more trustworthy - at least as far as I know - shop) after Jiffy Lube did the flush and fill. There was nothing wrong with it before it went in.

This is the thing about shops these days. Seems to me that there are a lot of crooks in this business. I'd like to shoot those bastards at Jiffy Lube. :cuss:

I always go to Lube Stop at 21st and Wanamaker. They have been there for a long time (used to be Grease Monkey), and have always done quality work with all of my vehicles. I went to Jiffy Lube once because they had a coupon to get it for like 9.99 plus I got some free bagels from bagel express or something. They took advantage of an old lady while I was sitting there, selling her all sorts of BS services and recommending all sorts of BS things. They tried to tell me I needed my rear differential fluid changed. Screw Jiffy Lube.

Saulbadguy
01-13-2005, 10:37 AM
It is amazing how some car repair places can be. Water pump went out on the church van. A lady in the church's husband works for a shop. Called them to get an estimate on the job, then called the Dodge dealership for a comparable estimate to show the board. (Church had the van before I got here or we wouldn't have a dodge). The price the Dodge dealership quoted was DOUBLE for the same job.

In my experiences, Dealerships have always been much higher than the rest.

PastorMikH
01-13-2005, 10:37 AM
One of my biggest problems with places like Carx/jiffy Lube, etc is that they hire mechanics that will work cheap which means they are either inexperienced or poor mechanics. The better mechanics expect more $ than those places are willing to pay.

ROYC75
01-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Penzoil has been keeping Arnies tractor running for years. Plus it has kept my 83 Chevy Silverado going for 21 + years and 289 k's miles.

:D

PastorMikH
01-13-2005, 10:40 AM

I expect them to be a bit higher. The mechanics at dealerships tend to be better educated and know THEIR products better than the others. 2x as much is a little extreme though. I've had work done on my car at the shop where my dad works and it is usually about 20%-30% more than other places, but the work is always done right the first time.

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I took my truck to the shop to have the idler arm replaced and now it dies at stop lights.

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 10:44 AM
One of my biggest problems with places like Carx/jiffy Lube, etc is that they hire mechanics that will work cheap which means they are either inexperienced or poor mechanics. The better mechanics expect more $ than those places are willing to pay.
Exactly. Having worked in the auto parts business for many years, I can tell you horror stories about some of the morons that work in these places.

I would always demand to inspect the damaged\broken\defective parts anytime major repairs are needed. If they balk or refuse, find another mechanic.

PastorMikH
01-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I took my truck to the shop to have the idler arm replaced and now it dies at stop lights.

Maybe you need a faster arm instead of an idler arm?:shrug: :)

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 10:47 AM
I'd like to shoot those bastards at Jiffy Lube. :cuss:

I do use them, just for oil change though. Between the time it would take me to get the oil and filter and do it myself, I'd rather just have them do it and be done in 20 minutes. Especially in the winter, since I don't have a garage.

They do always try to huck you into buying all their extras, I just say no to everything. For example, at one time I was driving a maybe 3 year old car with about 30k miles on it, and I took it in there once time and they told me it was time for them to drain the automatic transmission fluid and a bunch of other crap. And, at one in KC, I watched a lady let them replace her wiper blades for $30 apiece (3 of them, including the one on the back window of her SUV).

It's allright for oil as long as you don't let them do anything else.

ROYC75
01-13-2005, 10:49 AM

That's the new and improverd version, confines with conserving energy ! :D

RNR
01-13-2005, 10:50 AM
No kidding! a year and a half ago in Atlanta the water pump went out in the company truck. I told my boss I would put on a new one when we got off work, he said don't sweat it the company would pay for it. We took it to a dealership, they charged 780 some dollars to repair it!!! A fuggin WATER PUMP!

PastorMikH
01-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I do use them, just for oil change though. Between the time it would take me to get the oil and filter and do it myself, I'd rather just have them do it and be done in 20 minutes. Especially in the winter, since I don't have a garage.

They do always try to huck you into buying all their extras, I just say no to everything. For example, at one time I was driving a maybe 3 year old car with about 30k miles on it, and I took it in there once time and they told me it was time for them to drain the automatic transmission fluid and a bunch of other crap. And, at one in KC, I watched a lady let them replace her wiper blades for $30 apiece (3 of them, including the one on the back window of her SUV).

It's allright for oil as long as you don't let them do anything else.

actually on the transmission, they weren't far off - maybe a tad early but not far off. After having fits with the last van we had because the people before us didn't change the fluid enough, I'd rather be early than late.

That said, how were they going to do the job? Were they just going to drop the pan, change the filter and add the 4 quarts or so lost from the pan (which is only about half the fluid) or were they actually going to cycle all the fluid out and replace it with fresh fluid. I think I'd still find someone else to take care of that for me besides JL.

Radar Chief
01-13-2005, 10:51 AM

That’s indeed a problem, all some of these guys know is to start throwing parts at it until the problem goes away. Then you wind up with a huge bill when it was only a $20 part causing it. And just like Jazzzlovr’s problem, it’s very possible the serpentine belt slapped around and took out something else as it went, but considering what she’s already experienced with this shop, it makes ya suspicious.

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 10:53 AM

I had a car that did that, it was the idle air control something-or-other. Think that is unique to fuel-injected engines though.

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I wondered why you hadn't been around...........you've been dog knotted with schmoopy.

It doesn't make sense to me that the power steering worked before you took it in, and not now. I'm wondering what they hooked up wrong.

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I had a car that did that, it was the idle air control something-or-other. Think that is unique to fuel-injected engines though.
The joke might have been lost on some of you.

The idler arm is part of the steering linkage. But now my truck dies at a stop. In otherwords, it won't idle.

Sorry, it loses its effectiveness when you have to explain it.

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 10:58 AM
actually on the transmission, they weren't far off - maybe a tad early but not far off. After having fits with the last van we had because the people before us didn't change the fluid enough, I'd rather be early than late.

That said, how were they going to do the job? Were they just going to drop the pan, change the filter and add the 4 quarts or so lost from the pan (which is only about half the fluid) or were they actually going to cycle all the fluid out and replace it with fresh fluid. I think I'd still find someone else to take care of that for me besides JL.

Well, I might not be remembering the mileage exactly right, this was a while ago. But the suggested service for that in the manual was way over the miles as I had at the time, and I called my old man to ask him and he told me to have them go fly a kite.

JazzzLovr
01-13-2005, 10:59 AM

The mechanic checked the power steering fluid while we were standing there.

The power steering pump is making a noise. It had not been making a noise before. I may not know a lot about cars, but I do know the difference between the sound of a squealing belt that I heard when it happened, and the sound that power steering pump was making this morning.

He did do one helpful thing while we were there. When he went back to the computer to give us an estimate (that we didn't ask for) on replacing the power steering pump, he said that he ran across a recall on that model for the rack & pinion. So we'll definitely be checking that out first.

I will pass along the rest of your suggestions to the car expert of the house. Thanks for your help!

Radar Chief
01-13-2005, 10:59 AM

“Idle Air Control”, it controls the amount of air the gets through the throttle body when the butterfly valve is closed, or when the engine is at an idle.
Carburetors have the same thing, sort of.

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 11:00 AM

The idler arm is part of the steering linkage. But now my truck dies at a stop. In otherwords, it won't idle.

I got half of it :shrug:

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 11:01 AM
“Idle Air Control”, it controls the amount of air the gets through the throttle body when the butterfly valve is closed, or when the engine is at an idle.
Carburetors have the same thing, sort of.

Yeah, I'm not really familiar with how it works in the FI situation.

I'm sure whatever it cost to replace was more than the car was worth.

Eleazar
01-13-2005, 11:02 AM
dog knotted with schmoopy.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Radar Chief
01-13-2005, 11:02 AM

Damn, you dropped the joke already.
I was about to comment that you were probably low on blinker fluid, or had a header bearing misalignment. ;)

Radar Chief
01-13-2005, 11:06 AM
The mechanic checked the power steering fluid while we were standing there.

The power steering pump is making a noise. It had not been making a noise before. I may not know a lot about cars, but I do know the difference between the sound of a squealing belt that I heard when it happened, and the sound that power steering pump was making this morning.

He did do one helpful thing while we were there. When he went back to the computer to give us an estimate (that we didn't ask for) on replacing the power steering pump, he said that he ran across a recall on that model for the rack & pinion. So we'll definitely be checking that out first.

I will pass along the rest of your suggestions to the car expert of the house. Thanks for your help!

Ok, sounds like you’re on top of it.
If the reservoir is full and the pump is making noise, ya probably need a new pump.

Skip Towne
01-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Penzoil has been keeping Arnies tractor running for years. Plus it has kept my 83 Chevy Silverado going for 21 + years and 289 k's miles.

My Chevy Astrovan has been rockin' along on Pennzoil for 325K and doesn't burn ANY oil. Hard to believe I know but true.

Bearcat2005
01-13-2005, 11:10 AM
I recently had to replace my water pump and the same belt and parts only cost me 75 for both, it is really not that hard to do with the right tools. I sure in hell would not pay 425 for what you got done.

ROYC75
01-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Damn, you dropped the joke already.
I was about to comment that you were probably low on blinker fluid, or had a header bearing misalignment. ;)

I still say it's the improved fuel saving idler arm. That's being controlled by the improved fuel sensor switch, which was installed because of a lead foot.

Skip Towne
01-13-2005, 11:20 AM
The serpentine belt on my Astrovan broke 8 miles from the nearest town. I lost power steering, powerbrakes, alternator and waterpump functions. I was still able to drive it the 8 miles. The needle on the water temp gauge was nearing red but it made it. I carry a gallon of water for just such emergencies.

JazzzLovr
01-13-2005, 11:22 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Yeah, I'll admit he got rep specifically for that comment. I needed a good laugh. :)

Between venting my frustrations here, Iowanian making me laugh, and checking my email a few minutes ago to find a very favorable response to my resume which I had sent to a company just yesterday, I am feeling better at least.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, humor, and/or sympathy. :)

cookster50
01-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Maybe you need a faster arm instead of an idler arm?:shrug: :)

I would venture to guess that his arm is fast enough as he gets plenty of exercise.

gblowfish
01-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Jazzluvr...if you're female you may have gotten the business because some mechanics think they can take advantage of women. About six years ago my wife took her 1988 Cougar into AAMCO for basic transmission service (fluid and filter.) First they wanted to charge her $50 just to pull the car into the service bay, then they wanted to charge her $250 for a transmission "tune up." She called me and I told her not to let them touch the car, and we'd take it over to Certified Transmission for a check up. While I'm on the way driving over the AAMCO, the AAMCO guy behind the counter says "From the sound of your car, you're probably going to need a new transmission. That'll run you around $1500. But I'll buy your car from you for $1000 if you're interested. I have a kid going away to college and he could use a older car." I got there, took my wife's car over to Certified, they checked it out, charged us around $50 for fluid and filter change, did the job that day. Car ran great, when we traded it in for a new one we got around $3000 for the trade. I sent a letter to Missouri Attorney General about the AAMCO guy. What a weasel.

There's lots of crooked mechanics out there. If you find a trustworthy one, he's good as gold.

JazzzLovr
01-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I never have mechanic problems. When my vehicle runs out of gas, I just leave it on the side of the road and buy a new one.

Yeah, I hear that. I usually just drive mine into a building before it needs any maintenance. I evidently didn't catch this one in time.

Bearcat
01-13-2005, 11:53 AM
No kidding! a year and a half ago in Atlanta the water pump went out in the company truck. I told my boss I would put on a new one when we got off work, he said don't sweat it the company would pay for it. We took it to a dealership, they charged 780 some dollars to repair it!!! A fuggin WATER PUMP!

I was about 30 minutes outside of Omaha, coming back from KC, and mine started to really act up... it wasn't bad enough he towed it to the dealership, when we went in, before I could say anything he mentioned to the dealership guy that I "was stranded on the highway on the way back to KC". So, I guess I should have just written a customer is desperate check right then. It ended up being around $500, and at the time I didn't want to argue with the "This had to be replaced, and we replaced this, too", since I knew I was getting reimbursed for the trip up there.

Guess I feel somewhat better now since it wasn't $780! ;)

journeyscarab
01-13-2005, 11:53 AM
ROFL

Bwana
01-13-2005, 07:32 PM
That's just wrong.

Skip Towne
01-13-2005, 08:26 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to share a positive story related to my automobile.

While running errands over the weekend, I decided I'd get my tires rotated. (The Discount Tire Co does this for free for life when you buy tires from them. So, what the hell, right?)

The DTC I decided to go to happened to be conveniently located next to Ten's (a gentleman's club). I was told my truck would be ready in an hour or so, so I wandered next door for a couple of brews and something to eat (and, of course, boobies).

Sat down, ordered a miller lite and a cheeseburger. As my Miller Lite was nearing completion, the bartender came over and let me know that she didn't know what was taking my burger so long, but my next beer would be free for the wait. Partway through my second beer, my burger still haven't arrived. At this point, the bartender let me know the burger would be free as well. Finally, I noticed it was nearing time for me to leave... so, I informed the bartender. She let me know the burger was coming right out. She'd put it in a to-go container for me.. .hell, it was free anyway. So, she brings it over, tells me the first beer will be free as well (I had started a tab, she just gave me my card w/out running it.) and apologized profusely.

So, I got my tires rotated, got to look at boobies, had a couple beers, and got a pretty tasty burger, all for $3 cash that I tossed to the bartender after it all just for being a nice gal.

Pretty nice afternoon overall.
You get along very very well in bars, don't you?

stevieray
01-13-2005, 08:27 PM
I hired a guy to switch the carb and tranny from scooby to my "new" van.

Now my van doesn't start and doesn't shift into second or third.

:banghead:

sorry to hear about your car, Tammie.

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 08:34 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to share a positive story related to my automobile.

While running errands over the weekend, I decided I'd get my tires rotated. (The Discount Tire Co does this for free for life when you buy tires from them. So, what the hell, right?)

The DTC I decided to go to happened to be conveniently located next to Ten's (a gentleman's club). I was told my truck would be ready in an hour or so, so I wandered next door for a couple of brews and something to eat (and, of course, boobies).

Sat down, ordered a miller lite and a cheeseburger. As my Miller Lite was nearing completion, the bartender came over and let me know that she didn't know what was taking my burger so long, but my next beer would be free for the wait. Partway through my second beer, my burger still haven't arrived. At this point, the bartender let me know the burger would be free as well. Finally, I noticed it was nearing time for me to leave... so, I informed the bartender. She let me know the burger was coming right out. She'd put it in a to-go container for me.. .hell, it was free anyway. So, she brings it over, tells me the first beer will be free as well (I had started a tab, she just gave me my card w/out running it.) and apologized profusely.

So, I got my tires rotated, got to look at boobies, had a couple beers, and got a pretty tasty burger, all for $3 cash that I tossed to the bartender after it all just for being a nice gal.

I think that this more than offsets Jazzzlovr's troubles. You could probably delete this thread now.

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 09:24 PM

So, you got drunk while your car was being fixed, picked up your car and drove home...that'll make a lot of mothers happy.

I take it they gave you the $10 back for the cover charge too, eh?

Not only that- you only tipped the bartender? What about the girls shoving their boobs oh so willingly in your face?

I would say that is a pretty lucky day....you should have stopped and bought a lottery ticket on the way home while you were at it.

Lzen
01-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Ehh, I have no idea what they put in my car. But it was too much of a coincidence that both vehicles started knocking, and I mean really knocking. I wish I knew WTF they did. Amazing how it went away when I changed the oil and filter. Aw well, lesson learned. If I ever see those bastards on the street, I may have to punch them. :cuss: Actually, I thought about calling the AG but figured it wouldn't do any good. All I have is circumstantial.

Lzen
01-13-2005, 09:36 PM
I always go to Lube Stop at 21st and Wanamaker. They have been there for a long time (used to be Grease Monkey), and have always done quality work with all of my vehicles. I went to Jiffy Lube once because they had a coupon to get it for like 9.99 plus I got some free bagels from bagel express or something. They took advantage of an old lady while I was sitting there, selling her all sorts of BS services and recommending all sorts of BS things. They tried to tell me I needed my rear differential fluid changed. Screw Jiffy Lube.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Actually, I usually always just have Walmart do it. And they've never screwed anything up. For whatever reason, I decided to have JL do it. Probably because they were close. And they did exactly the same with me. You need to have this and this and this done. :rolleyes:

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh, and on top of that, at this club the cover is $7.. but, when you pay it once, they give you a card that gets you in for no cover for the rest of the month.

Pretty sweet deal, actually.

That is a pretty sweet deal. I can't recall the last time I went to a titty bar, but I know it usually culminates into a rather pricey trip. I remember one time, this dancer came and sat next to me any my friends. When the server came by she asked us what we wanted and the dancer asked if I would buy her some wine- I said, "Sure, anything for the lovely lady."

Beetch bought a $45 dollar glass of wine! Needless to say I was pissed. When I discovered how much the wine was I turned to the dancer and asked, "So, I take it a lapdance comes with the drink, eh?"

She got up to leave...