PDA

View Full Version : Can it be done? Can the defense be fixed in one off season?

Red Dawg
01-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I think they can get better players from FA and the draft but still not be good enough to contend. It may not take the interaction that it takes on offense but Gun will have no easy task teaching new players his scheme. This may be an unrealistic goal for one off season and that sucks. It did not work for Wash but I have hope because they were alot better than us on defense.

htismaqe
01-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Can it be done? Absolutely.

Will Carl and Company do what it takes? I'll believe it when I see it.

tomahawk kid
01-13-2005, 12:03 PM
If you are clever enough with the salary cap, you could bring in enough talent for the defense to become respectible.

I HOPE that Carl recognizes that this is the last window for this team to win it all.

I'm planning on hoping for the best, but assuming the worst.

Phobia
01-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Can it be done? Sure - it happens for teams every year.

Can it be done in KC? No, I'm afraid not.

Gaz
01-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks Defense Homers are in for a treat.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Can it be done? Absolutely.

Will Carl and Company do what it takes? I'll believe it when I see it.

yep ... it can be, it's been done by other teams before

is our front office capable/willing to do it???

the zillion dollar question

Gaz
01-13-2005, 12:12 PM
MLB & CB in FA
OLB, CB & DE in the draft.

Doable.

I think the Chiefs have a real incentive this off-season, since there will be a massive reshuffle of the coaches and players in 2006. I believe they will get it done.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still optimistic after all these years.

Phobia
01-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Gaz, I admire your faith. I have little for this year, the last 4 have been so incredibly disappointing.... I used to have all that faith stuff in the 90's, though. Somewhere I became jaded.

htismaqe
01-13-2005, 12:15 PM
MLB & CB in FA

Doable.

I think the Chiefs have a real incentive this off-season, since there will be a massive reshuffle of the coaches and players in 2006. I believe they will get it done.

xoxo~
Gaz

I applaud your optimism and agree that those are the personnel moves that need to be made.

I hope they do it.

ROYC75
01-13-2005, 12:15 PM
We can only hope because we have DV and CP in charge.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I used to have all that faith stuff in the 90's, though. Somewhere I became jaded.

Jaaaaded .... good tunes!!

http://www.aerosmith.net/wallpaper/aerosmith640.jpg

DeepSouth
01-13-2005, 12:21 PM
MLB & CB in FA

Doable.

xoxo~
Gaz

You add this to the fact that last years rookies, Allen, Savii, and Sapp won't be rookies any more. Allen and Sapp showed potential this year and I have to hope that Savii will excel since he was a second round pick.

We still know nothing about Fox.

Chiefnj
01-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Nope.

Bearcat
01-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, it would have helped had they started the process a year or two ago....

Can't do enough in one offseason to go really deep in the playoffs, but maybe 1) Not be a total embarassment on D 2) Make it to the playoffs 3) :eek: Win a playoff game :eek:

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Yes.

Tough, but doable.

(See my sig....)

Gaz
01-13-2005, 12:31 PM
“May you live in exciting times” is both a blessing and a curse.

Whether it is chronic naiveté, foolish optimism or belief in things unseen, I consider Chiefs football a blessing, even at the worst of times.

If Gunther, Raye, Schottenheimer and Stock could not break my faith in the Chiefs, Vermeil does not have a chance. Even though I am a Defense Homer and hate what has happened to the Chiefs D, I still admire the changes Vermeil hath wrought in the traditionally moribund Chiefs Offense. Even if the results are the same, it is a LOT more exciting than previous incarnations of the R & G.

I think the staff will make the changes required to compete in Vermeil [and Peterson’s?] last season. The benefit to this position is that I can enjoy the time between now and then, dreaming dreams of stuffed RBs, alligator-armed WRs and crushed QBs.

You jaded folks will just have to suffer the torments of the damned until then.

xoxo~
Gaz
Inexplicably happy Chiefs fan.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2005, 12:36 PM
[
xoxo~
Gaz
[/size]
it's called Alzheimer's

royr17
01-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes it can if they give Gun the decision to pick up what players he wants but if not then NO !!!!!

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes it can if they give Gun the decision to pick up what players he wants but if not then NO !!!!!

And making Scanlon the starting MLB! :thumb:

;)

royr17
01-13-2005, 12:42 PM
And making Scanlon the starting MLB! :thumb:

;)

Actually that wouldnt be a bad decision at all SDChiefsfan, hehe. :p

jspchief
01-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't think it will happen. The FO is too much in denial about how much these guys truly lack talent. There's just a total lack of speed and awareness on this team and there's not enough money and FAs to fix it overnight.

bogie
01-13-2005, 12:49 PM
“May you live in exciting times” is both a blessing and a curse.

Whether it is chronic naiveté, foolish optimism or belief in things unseen, I consider Chiefs football a blessing, even at the worst of times.

If Gunther, Raye, Schottenheimer and Stock could not break my faith in the Chiefs, Vermeil does not have a chance. Even though I am a Defense Homer and hate what has happened to the Chiefs D, I still admire the changes Vermeil hath wrought in the traditionally moribund Chiefs Offense. Even if the results are the same, it is a LOT more exciting than previous incarnations of the R & G.

I think the staff will make the changes required to compete in Vermeil [and Peterson’s?] last season. The benefit to this position is that I can enjoy the time between now and then, dreaming dreams of stuffed RBs, alligator-armed WRs and crushed QBs.

You jaded folks will just have to suffer the torments of the damned until then.

Well put.

xoxo~
Gaz