PDA

View Full Version : "Ain't nothing but 10 grand"

KCJake
01-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Randy Moss responds to his fine. I really like this guy :clap:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/news/story?id=1966180

rocks
01-13-2005, 09:29 PM
When you knock'n down those benjamins 10 is chump change.

teedubya
01-13-2005, 09:33 PM
I really had ZERO problem with the moon, I found it hilarious, personally. He was on the sports radio and tv... all week prior to the playoff game due to his walking off the field with 2 secs left.

He scored the winning TD... Kiss his Ass.

Now, I dont know if I would want his attitude on teh Chiefs, but I like it on someone elses team. In fact, I think I may be ecstatic if Moss was on Chiefs.

OldTownChief
01-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm kind of torn on this one, riding the fence. I guess I'm old school but if I walked up to my employers after figuring out a way of saving the company $1,000,000 a year and mooned them I would be reprimanded. The way I see it, the fans are his employers. I know about the tradition in GB to moon the bus but I just take that for what it is. I don't see a lot of cameras on the fans when they moon the bus for millions of little kids to see. It wasn't that big of a deal what Randy did but he should try to be bigger than that knowing what shat it will stir up.

Donger
01-13-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm kind of torn on this one, riding the fence. I guess I'm old school but if I walked up to my employers after figuring out a way of saving the company $1,000,000 a year and mooned them I would be reprimanded. The way I see it, the fans are his employers. I know about the tradition in GB to moon the bus but I just take that for what it is. I don't see a lot of cameras on the fans when they moon the bus for millions of little kids to see. It wasn't that big of a deal what Randy did but he should try to be bigger than that knowing what shat it will stir up.

As I understand it, he pretended to moon some opposition fans that actually did moon him. So, those fans aren't exactly his employers and were certainly acting on a juvenile level.

But, I would hope that any professional athlete would be more than capable of resisting the temptation of responding even in faux kind. It simply made Moss look like a reactionary ass (pun intended).

beavis
01-13-2005, 09:59 PM
This guy is so unbelievably talented. It's a shame he can't just shut the **** up.

OldTownChief
01-13-2005, 10:11 PM
As I understand it, he pretended to moon some opposition fans

True... That's why I'm on the fence about the whole deal. If the press wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it, it would be nothing. Most kids would have just thought he was pulling up his socks.

FloridaMan88
01-13-2005, 10:44 PM
If Favre had done this, the media (especially Madden) would have been drooling all over him about how "oh he still plays and loves the game like a kid" blah blah blah

NFL is dumb for getting caught up in the media outcry over this and shouldn't have fined Moss more than what they fined Barton because what Barton did actually could have hurt someone.

teedubya
01-13-2005, 11:39 PM
personally, I found Joke Plummer's Finger much more insulting, and he only got fined $5,000

Pants
01-13-2005, 11:41 PM
personally, I found Joke Plummer's Finger much more insulting, and he only got fined $5,000

Yeah, but he's a QB, plays for the Donks, and white.

OldTownChief
01-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah, but he's a QB, plays for the Donks, and white.

Sh!t that bastards got everything going for him.

Wallcrawler
01-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Moss' reaction to the fine is what makes me think that these types of fines should be based on a percentage of your contract.

Not that I think Moss should have been fined for what he did or anything, but its that way with all these players who get fined.

Like they say, whats a few grand when you make millions??

It should be based on a percentage, so that it hits every player superstar and normal players alike, equally hard.

Fining a scrub player who makes the league minimum is going to be hit harder by a number based fine, than someone like John Lynch or Randy Moss is.

Put a certain salary percentage on each type of offense, and then deduct that percentage from their contract if they perform that offense. If it worked that way, I think you would see less of these guys breaking the rules, and paying their little fines with a smile on their face, threatening bigger rule violations in the future.

If youre going to punish these guys, you have to make sure that they get the message.

Fining a guy like Randy Moss ten grand is like sending a kid to his room filled with toys as punishment for misbehaving. It doesnt really work.

2bikemike
01-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Moss' reaction to the fine is what makes me think that these types of fines should be based on a percentage of your contract.

Not that I think Moss should have been fined for what he did or anything, but its that way with all these players who get fined.

Like they say, whats a few grand when you make millions??

It should be based on a percentage, so that it hits every player superstar and normal players alike, equally hard.

Fining a scrub player who makes the league minimum is going to be hit harder by a number based fine, than someone like John Lynch or Randy Moss is.

Put a certain salary percentage on each type of offense, and then deduct that percentage from their contract if they perform that offense. If it worked that way, I think you would see less of these guys breaking the rules, and paying their little fines with a smile on their face, threatening bigger rule violations in the future.

If youre going to punish these guys, you have to make sure that they get the message.

Fining a guy like Randy Moss ten grand is like sending a kid to his room filled with toys as punishment for misbehaving. It doesnt really work.

I agree make it 10% and see how guys react. I also didn't think what Moss did was such a big deal. I think he got slammed (by the media )because he isn't one of the good guys.

Kraut
01-14-2005, 05:09 AM
This guy may be the best at his position right now, but there is no doubt that this guy is a total turd!! I would rather put up with T.O. :shake:

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Still talking about Moss' ass...

I think there are 2 factors in why he was hit with $10k and Jake $5k.

1) Moss has a history of being a jackass and has been fined before. Blatantly doing this in the endzone.
2) It was a fluke that we even saw Jake's finger, his was discreetly behind his hat and it was his first time.

I'm not defending him just stating Moss wanted the world to see him, Jake didn't. Both shouldn't have done what they did.

Celebrations should do just that celebrate... not taunt or mock or antagonize the other team or the fans. Simple as that.

StcChief
01-14-2005, 08:20 AM

My thoughts exactly. Explain the meaning of 'the bird' to a kid watching with his dad.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-14-2005, 08:34 AM
If Favre had done this, the media (especially Madden) would have been drooling all over him about how "oh he still plays and loves the game like a kid" blah blah blah

NFL is dumb for getting caught up in the media outcry over this and shouldn't have fined Moss more than what they fined Barton because what Barton did actually could have hurt someone.
:clap:

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 09:56 AM
My thoughts exactly. Explain the meaning of 'the bird' to a kid watching with his dad.

Yeah, it was much easier explaining the F-bomb shouted by Moss, and heard on tv, in that same game.

Phobia
01-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Moss dropped $1500 on lottery tickets shortly after signing his most recent contract. I don't know why I needed to share this tidbit, but there it is.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Moss dropped $1500 on lottery tickets shortly after signing his most recent contract. I don't know why I needed to share this tidbit, but there it is.

Post Whore.

chiefs4me
01-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Randy Moss responds to his fine. I really like this guy :clap:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/news/story?id=1966180

:thumb: GO RANDY GO ROFL

chiefs4me
01-14-2005, 11:31 AM

My thoughts exactly,,:thumb:

King_Chief_Fan
01-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Moss, TO and Horn have me thinking that an end should be put to the end zone celebration. Get in the endzone and respond like you do it because it is your job. Any of you at the end of the day at work do some sort of dance or escapades and show your ass?

jettio
01-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Since those fines are donated to Charity, he ought to find a really good one to donate it to.

Maybe there is one to help heal overly righteous media members who think a lynch mob is forming over something that would cause only a few people to take offense.

Joe B*ck made an azz of himself and his image will take a more serious hit than Moss.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I have no issues with endzone celebrations... as long as they have some taste to them. Moss' actions didn't offend me, but it wasn't good to do.

Many players celebrate without making an ass of themselves... there are really just a handful of guys being idiots.

The media could stop a lot of it by not focusing on them... nobody would give a damn what TO or Moss was going to do next if the media would quit asking us "What will they do next?".

And no... it's not the media's fault, they just consistently fan the flames.

jettio
01-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Moss, TO and Horn have me thinking that an end should be put to the end zone celebration. Get in the endzone and respond like you do it because it is your job. Any of you at the end of the day at work do some sort of dance or escapades and show your ass?

An athlete that wins a playoff game on the road in front of people that are cheering against you and many of whom will jeer is a very different environment.

If you watched the Packers-Vikings game on Sunday and you can't appreciate that a team that was left for dead and given no chance to win at Lambeau against their biggest rival and instead want to pout about how a player celebrates striking the decisive blow in the game, you ought to just give up watching sports.

I for one like seeing results that prove the talking heads on ESPN wrong about their game predictions.

Three playoff teams won road games last week, and after a weekend of football and the game in which the least likely road victory occurs, the announcers has a hypocritical hysteria over some insignificant nonsense right after the key play in the game.

Joe B*ck essentially told everybody in the audience that if you watch the NFL you are wasting your time. That was awful TV as was the crap making a big deal about Moss on the studio show.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 12:26 PM
An athlete that wins a playoff game on the road in front of people that are cheering against you and many of whom will jeer is a very different environment.

If you watched the Packers-Vikings game on Sunday and you can't appreciate that a team that was left for dead and given no chance to win at Lambeau against their biggest rival and instead want to pout about how a player celebrates striking the decisive blow in the game, you ought to just give up watching sports.

What does any of this have to do with Moss' ass?

I was very impressed with the win... liked it actually, but it doesn't mean that Moss didn't act like a jackass.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 12:28 PM
If he did this at Arrowhead... many of the "supporters" on this thread would be "haters".

jettio
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
What does any of this have to do with Moss' ass?

I was very impressed with the win... liked it actually, but it doesn't mean that Moss didn't act like a jackass.

As did every Bronco with that salute crap, why don't they still do that?

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 12:32 PM
As did every Bronco with that salute crap, why don't they still do that?

There was nothing wrong with the Mile High Salute... it did nothing negative towards the other team. Other teams started doing it when they played Denver and that's when it got out of had.

They likely don't do it much any more b/c that was more a RB team thing from the 97-99 seasons. Similar to the Lambeau Leap.

HolmeZz
01-14-2005, 12:36 PM
If he did this at Arrowhead... many of the "supporters" on this thread would be "haters".

And if he had done it to the Donks, he'd have become an instant hero around here. :clap:

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Very true.

KCTitus
01-14-2005, 12:44 PM
It has been mentioned a couple of times that it's the GB fans tradition to moon the visiting team bus as it leaves Green Bay after games...if this is the case, I think Moss was merely returning the favor and it makes more sense than it did when I wasnt aware of that little fact.

jettio
01-14-2005, 12:44 PM
There was nothing wrong with the Mile High Salute... it did nothing negative towards the other team. Other teams started doing it when they played Denver and that's when it got out of had.

They likely don't do it much any more b/c that was more a RB team thing from the 97-99 seasons. Similar to the Lambeau Leap.

That is BS.

A lot more players on the other teams were pissed and took offense at that repeated antic, than the number of Packers' players that took offense or were pissed at Moss last Sunday for a one time gesture.

chiefs4me
01-14-2005, 12:47 PM
And if he had done it to the Donks, he'd have become an instant hero around here. :clap:

:thumb: More like a GOD,,ROFL

bogie
01-14-2005, 01:04 PM
More is being made of this than needs be. The reason this has the media up in arms has nothing to do with his color as a couple of people have eluded to in this thread. Moss and his past brought this on. Moss is an outstanding athlete and a dick! I wish he was smart enough to get it and stop it, but obviously he's not. It's a shame really. He could go down in history as one of the best in the game period. Instead he'll go down in history as one of the best in the game that was a goof ball and a dick!