PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Ideas...

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm not getting married, so don't go freakin out on me. I just want to hear some weird or interesting proposal ideas those of you that are married would be willing to share.

I know it's a longshot to get someone to admit their own, but if you know of one I'd like to hear it. I'm writing a compelling novel and the narrator of the story gets himself hooked up with a gal he's planning on marrying...

So, if you'd be willing to share some "it'd be cool if you did."

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Right. Then you become a best-selling author and I'm stuck here with Slayer and Phobia.

Forget it.

Oh, and Goatcheese. How could i forget about him. :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
In the highly unlikely and cosmically improbable event that I get married, I'll propose at a sporting event.

If I puss out I'll do it under a giant tree in the snow at night.

Miles
01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
When Jaws pops out of the water.

PastorMikH
01-13-2005, 10:05 PM
In the highly unlikely and cosmically improbable event that I get married, I'll propose at a sporting event.

If I puss out I'll do it under a giant tree in the snow at night.

Maybe you should just tie a "Will You Marry Me" banner to your car bumper so she can see it while you drive around the house for 30 minutes.

:)

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:05 PM
When Jaws pops out of the water.

Haha, that's awesome.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Maybe you should just tie a "Will You Marry Me" banner to your car bumper so she can see it while you drive around the house for 30 minutes.

Maybe I could do it on the internet.

Phobia
01-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Right. Then you become a best-selling author and I'm stuck here with Slayer and Phobia.

Forget it.

Oh, and Goatcheese. How could i forget about him. :rolleyes:

Group me with Slayer and Goatcheese again and you won't be "stuck" here very much longer, muchacho. ;)

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Group me with Slayer and Goatcheese again and you won't be "stuck" here very much longer, muchacho. ;)

He only grouped you with Slayer. :D

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
What? :evil:

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 10:09 PM
He only grouped you with Slayer. :D
Re-read my post. I edited it.

Donger
I'm not getting married, so don't go freakin out on me. I just want to hear some weird or interesting proposal ideas those of you that are married would be willing to share.

I know it's a longshot to get someone to admit their own, but if you know of one I'd like to hear it. I'm writing a compelling novel and the narrator of the story gets himself hooked up with a gal he's planning on marrying...

So, if you'd be willing to share some "it'd be cool if you did."

Personally, I asked my girlfriend (at the time) if she would marry me at Hanging Lake in Colorado. She kind of vacillated, so I stuck her head under the water until she acquiesced.

Apparently, breathing was more important to her than being single.

Rain Man
The protagonist takes the girl out for a night of heavy, heavy drinking. When they get back to the house, they're sick and pass out. When the woman wakes up, she realizes that the protagonist has vomited repeatedly on her carpet to spell out the words, "Marry me?"

Dartgod
01-13-2005, 10:11 PM
The protagonist takes the girl out for a night of heavy, heavy drinking. When they get back to the house, they're sick and pass out. When the woman wakes up, she realizes that the protagonist has vomited repeatedly on her carpet to spell out the words, "Marry me?"
That's rep! :thumb:

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:11 PM

I could do that, however no matter how much I drink- I don't puke.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:12 PM
I could do that, however no matter how much I drink- I don't puke.

Um, aren't you writing a book?

Phobia
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM

Apparently, it's non-fiction.

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM

Yep...and I'm just living as all writers, artists, and hobos do- we're all alcoholics.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:16 PM
If you're writing a book why can't you use the puke idea?

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:19 PM
If you're writing a book why can't you use the puke idea?

I never said I coudn't use the "puke idea"

It just doesn't fit the catalyst's personality. However, a shock value could always lift the narrative into an interesting direction.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I never said I coudn't use the "puke idea"

It just doesn't fit the catalyst's personality. However, a shock value could always lift the narrative into an interesting direction.

OK, that makes sense.

What is the personality?

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:28 PM
OK, that makes sense.

What is the personality?

Well, interestingly enough- in the beginning paragraph of the latest chapter the narrator is out drinking with his girlfriend and it is through the myriad of drinks they share he spits out jokingly the idea of them becoming husband and wife.

Which is why the puke idea could suffice to work.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, interestingly enough- in the beginning paragraph of the latest chapter the narrator is out drinking with his girlfriend and it is through the myriad of drinks they share he spits out jokingly the idea of them becoming husband and wife.

Which is why the puke idea could suffice to work.

Maybe he could go out for a night of drinking with his wife-to-be and stick her with the bill. Which of course, is actually a marriage proposal.

Rain Man
01-13-2005, 10:31 PM
If the puke doesn't fit his personality, let's go in a completely different direction.

Prior to going out for drinks, he swallows the wedding ring in its velvet box. After heavy drinking, he PRETENDS to vomit, but as she holds his hair, he actually just regurgitates the box and hands it to her. Now that would be romantic.

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:32 PM
If the puke doesn't fit his personality, let's go in a completely different direction.

Prior to going out for drinks, he swallows the wedding ring in its velvet box. After heavy drinking, he PRETENDS to vomit, but as she holds his hair, he actually just regurgitates the box and hands it to her. Now that would be romantic.

ROFL

Maybe you should take over the novel from here?

OldTownChief
01-13-2005, 10:34 PM

You should change your screen name to Jerry Seinfeld

tk13
01-13-2005, 10:47 PM

Why regurgitate it? Why doesn't he just let it pass through his system and when it comes out the other end, invite the lady friend into the bathroom to help plunge the toilet... then pop the question. That way not only will he sweep her off her feet, he will also prove he has the intestinal fortitude to make a commitment to her.

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:57 PM
I should have known better than to petition for a few suggestions regarding a proposal for marriage: my ideas thus far revolve around vomit and excrement. It's no wonder the divorce rate is so high in our country.

Rain Man
01-13-2005, 10:58 PM
But regurgitation symbolizes the rebirth of his life after he meets her. You method is a metaphor for an ending, which doesn't send the right theme.

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Here is an original

Girl
"I be pregnant, daddy outsahd wit histh tshotgun, say we's gettin marr'd"

man who bought the Cheap rubbers
"O K"

tk13
01-13-2005, 11:06 PM
But regurgitation symbolizes the rebirth of his life after he meets her. You method is a metaphor for an ending, which doesn't send the right theme.
I would completely disagree, there is rebirth and metamorphosis in my example, what comes out during the excretory process looks nothing like what you put in (at least I hope not, if it does you've got bigger problems than marriage). It's a natural cycle leading to another stage of life, much like marriage. In your example, vomiting is a symbol of rejection, the body telling itself "I don't want this anymore, I must send this back from where it came." Is that the message you want to send the woman that you want to spend the rest of your life with?

SBK
01-13-2005, 11:12 PM
So I'd take my special lady friend out after work. We'd go somewhere real fancy, and since she's on a seafood diet we'll head over to KFC.

I would go to KFC beforehand and have them dip her ring in extra crispy batter, it's her favorite, and then fry that ring up. When we ordered our dinner, I let her get anything since it was gonna be a hot night. I got a 2 piece dinner with a side of beans and potatoes, she got an 18 piece bucket.

When she got down to the bottom of the bucket she saw a real small piece of chicken that was shaped in a circle. I told her to suck the crispy part off cause there was a special suprise in it. When she finally got all the batter off, she was surprised to see a beautiful diamond ring. (She had originally thought it wasn't a ring, cause she didn't know they made rings that big. I told her I had to get a big one cause she had fat fingers)

So I got down on 1 knee right there at the table, and I slipped in some grease. So I regained my balance and asked her, "girl, you'll always be my hoe, will you marry me?"

She of course said yes. She said it was the most beautiful moment ever.

morphius
01-13-2005, 11:54 PM
I'd share mine, but it is way too much typing. So short the version...

I asked her to Marry me in the Church that she grew up in, that her parents still went to, that her granparents were still going to, that everyone knew her and most knew me, during the announcments at the beginning of the service.

teedubya
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
odds are, halfway through writing the book, CosmicPal will whine about something and stop writing the book.

Eleazar
01-14-2005, 12:24 AM

Balghha! that was a laugh-out-louder. But your sister will probably recognize your car if she's over there GC

teedubya
01-14-2005, 12:27 AM
but long story short...

"um, honey... Im pregnant."

2bikemike
01-14-2005, 02:05 AM
I called her boss and arranged for her to miss monday and tuesday from work. Made reservations at a nice Bed and Breakfast who in turn made reservations for us at a real swanky resturant on Sunday night.

Surprise #1 Took her to a concert on a Friday night to one of her favorite performers. Got home from the concert and told her to pack a bag with enough clothes for 4 days and make sure you take something real nice to wear for one evening because we were gonna have a dress up night. On Sunday evening.

Surprise #2 Hopped on a plane to San Francisco for a 4 day weekend.

Surprise #3 I popped the question at the Swanky Resturant. I was so damn nervous that I forgot to drop down on my knee. She was not expecting it because we talked about waiting a couple of years.

CrazyHorse
01-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Here's half my shit. Would you like to run my life?

morphius
01-14-2005, 08:30 AM
I called her boss and arranged for her to miss monday and tuesday from work. Made reservations at a nice Bed and Breakfast who in turn made reservations for us at a real swanky resturant on Sunday night.

Surprise #1 Took her to a concert on a Friday night to one of her favorite performers. Got home from the concert and told her to pack a bag with enough clothes for 4 days and make sure you take something real nice to wear for one evening because we were gonna have a dress up night. On Sunday evening.

Surprise #2 Hopped on a plane to San Francisco for a 4 day weekend.

Surprise #3 I popped the question at the Swanky Resturant. I was so damn nervous that I forgot to drop down on my knee. She was not expecting it because we talked about waiting a couple of years.
Then funny thing with mine is that even though she pretty much knew I was going to propse that weekend I was still able to catch her completely off guard. Mostly because I'm so quiet in groups that for me to get up in front of the entire Church with a microphone and get down and prupose to her was unexpected, to say the least. She was so shocked she actually started shaking terribly, and actually yelled at her Mom and the Minister saying, "You knew about this! Didn't you!?!". She doesn't even remember saying that, had to say that just made me more nervous.

morphius
01-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Here's half my shit. Would you like to RUIN my life?

This is what you meant to put, right?

seclark
01-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Here is an original

Girl
"I be pregnant, daddy outsahd wit histh tshotgun, say we's gettin marr'd"

man who bought the Cheap rubbers
"O K"
that's my story...short, but lots of suspense.
sec

CrazyHorse
01-14-2005, 08:48 AM
I've had enough blowjobs to last me a lifetime.

Will you marry me?

JazzzLovr
01-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I once heard about a guy that ran an income tax comparison spreadsheet on filing jointly versus single and put a yellow Post-It note that said "It makes fiscal sense." on the printout and left it on the back of the toilet at her apartment.

Iowanian
01-14-2005, 09:22 AM
What I found, was that "planning" didn't work for jack shat.

I had a plan, a backup plan and a backup-backup plan.

A snow and Ice storm nuked the plan, the inlaws were invited along to nuke plan 2, and something else made plan 3 impossible at the time.

The backup, backup involved a "road sign" I'd made at work with her first name, and I was going to drive to a town with my surname and stop and execute the magic plan that involved confusing her and holding up her name, next to the surname and then shruggin the question.

I worked something out on a whim that must have been effective.

PastorMikH
01-14-2005, 09:38 AM
I once heard about a guy that ran an income tax comparison spreadsheet on filing jointly versus single and put a yellow Post-It note that said "It makes fiscal sense." on the printout and left it on the back of the toilet at her apartment.

So did you say yes?:)

ZepSinger
01-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey, propose however you like, just use me as your wedding videographer. :)

JazzzLovr
01-14-2005, 09:41 AM
So did you say yes?:)

ROFL Actually, I stole that story from another Planeteer, and I'm waiting for his reaction when he sees that I beat him to it. :Poke:

:D

JazzzLovr
01-14-2005, 09:42 AM
But seriously, Cosmic... How bout some background on this girl that's being proposed to? That would help me think of some suggestions for ya.

Eleazar
01-14-2005, 09:45 AM
I convinced the guy at Car-X to fleece her for damn near $500 and then give it to me so I can, err, could, go put it down on the ring.

Fire Me Boy!
01-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I've had enough blowjobs to last me a lifetime.

Will you marry me?
Now, that's the opposite for me... my wife never gave me one until after we were married. Now they're fairly common... :hmmm:

As for my proposal: story begins with our first date. We met at church (I'm the choir director, she was in my choir) and one Sunday during service the choir went downstairs to put music away after performance. As we were headed upstairs, the girl soon to be my date was in front of me. I just out and said, Hey, you wanna go out sometime? She said yes, blah blah blah.

Eight months later, in the very same manner, except it was a Saturday night and no one was in the church, we were headed upstairs. Right there in front of the coke machine where I asked her on our first date I set up the situation where she was just in front of me leading the way upstairs I got on one knee and presented the ring. She turned around, saw me there, I asked the question, and she started jumping up and down and crying.

It's been just over two years since (our anniversary was Jan. 4) and she still tells anyone who hasn't heard about it that story. It was just special because that's essentially where our relationship as a couple began.

Rain Man
01-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Is the book a musical? One good angle would be for them to be talking and flirting in this bar, and a soused man a few stools down starts singing a "You know you love her" song. Then the waitress chimes in with the chorus and a new verse, and then the bartender. Then all of the bar's patrons go into a full chorus, and rip off their everyday clothes to reveal white tuxedos and sequined ballgowns. Then the bar slowly splits open to reveal a big set with lots of bright white lights and a flashing (but tasteful) "Marry me" sign. At the end of the production, she looks around and says, "Are you talking to me?"

Eleazar
01-14-2005, 10:08 AM
or you could write it where the guy doesn't know how to do it, but the woman asks him.

Baby Lee
01-14-2005, 10:12 AM
I wonder is anyone has pranked a friend by following them after they got trashed and shacked up, and while they were passed out, dressed them up in formal attire and put wedding rings on both party's fingers.

Otter
01-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Get a peice of masking tape and write "Will U Marry Me?" on it invertedly and stick it on her forehead while she's sleeping.

When she wakes up in the morning and looks in the mirror, you're in like flynn and u don't even have to get out of bed.

JazzzLovr
01-14-2005, 10:15 AM
I convinced the guy at Car-X to fleece her for damn near $500 and then give it to me so I can, err, could, go put it down on the ring.

ROFL That's just wrong. :)

Pennywise
01-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Get a peice of masking tape and write "Will U Marry Me?" on it invertedly and stick it on her forehead while she's sleeping.

When she wakes up in the morning and looks in the mirror, you're in like flynn and u don't even have to get out of bed.

What about a piece of tape on the 'stache that says "Its hard to kiss these lips when they chew my ass out all day long" for us already married folk?