PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Pierce, MLB

shaneo69
01-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Did anyone get to see him play this year? Kind of an interesting story. He was signed by the Redskins as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Arizona, and he started a few game at OLB his rookie season when Arrington and Shawn Barber (surprise!) were hurt. Then he was mostly special teams his next two seasons before stepping in for the injured Michael Barrow at MLB this season. Apparently, he took to the MLB position quite well, racking up 160 tackles for one of the best defenses in the league. And now he's an unrestricted free agent.

I haven't heard anyone here talking about signing him, but he may be a decent option if Hartwell is deemed too pricey or doesn't fit the "profile."

ct
01-14-2005, 10:20 AM
One good thing here is he would come relatively cheap, freeing up cap $ for CB or OLB.

I know nutin bout this guy though...

shaneo69
01-14-2005, 10:28 AM
One good thing here is he would come relatively cheap, freeing up cap $ for CB or OLB.

And Pierce won't be 27 until midway through the '05 season.

bricks
01-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Pierce is a good player. I've seen him play. He has a nose for the football. And, is a pretty-sure tackler.

Frankie
01-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Bring him in to compete with Scanlon. ;)

htismaqe
01-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Pierce won't be available.

During the conversation this morning about Smoot, I read 2 or 3 articles that said the Redskins were close to wrapping up a deal with him, as his deal was a prerequisite to getting a Smoot deal done.

tyton75
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
I saw this kid play a little.. I kept thinking he was Terry Pierce from KSU.... not a KSU fan so didn't really givachit if it was or not... seemed like a player though

shaneo69
01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I saw this kid play a little.. I kept thinking he was Terry Pierce from KSU.... not a KSU fan so didn't really givachit if it was or not... seemed like a player though

Funny.....I wanted Terry Pierce when the Chiefs decided to pick Kawika instead. But T. Pierce hasn't done anything with the Broncos to justify being a 2nd rounder either.